[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this a classic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

How is this a classic?
>>
Swedish women are so fucking hot.
>>
File: Persona1.png (285KB, 953x673px)
Persona1.png
285KB, 953x673px
>>84047445
Because it's a great film, Bergman's best depending on how you value his work. Pic related, really great stuff.
>>
>>84047445
DUDE THEY'RE ACTUALLY THE SAME PERSON
Besides this, I don't think I really understood what the movie was trying to say.
>>
i found the two women extremely annoying and something about their skin looked off. i also dont exactly know what the message was here, but i wouldnt dismiss the film as shit so quickly.
>>
the beach tale made my pee pee hard
>>
>>84047445
My favorite Bergman by a lot. I usually don't really like his movies, but this one is 10/10.
>>
>>84049218

Nattvardsgästerna = Tystnaden > Persona = Såsom i en spegel = Smultronstället = Det sjunde inseglet > Viskningar och rop = Fanny och Alexander > Jungfrukällan = Höstsonaten = Vargtimmen > Skammen > En passion = Scener ur ett äktenskap >Ansikte mot ansikte = Ansiktet
>>
>>84053036
Try again in Englesk, Svenskneger
>>
>>84053036
>trying this hard
>>
>>84053036
Wow, this really makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>84053036
dræb dig selv mdongo
>>
>>84053226
give me yours, pleb
>>
>>84050469
>>84051710
what I got from my single viewing is that it was about cinema itself
>projector's insides in the beginning
>boy looking at big screen
>called persona, which means playing a part and also derives from a word used to call the masks used by the greeks and romans in theater
>continuing the masks theme, a good part of the film focuses on the actresses' faces
>quick shot of the real crew towards the end
but I'm also lost as to what exactly was being said
>>
>>84053646
He wasn't saying your rankings were wrong. He's just saying you're a faggot for listing out so many of Bergman's films, ranking them even though no one cared, and not even writing the titles in English even though you knew that most people wouldn't be able to know which movies you were ranking because of this.
>>
>>84049149
Liv Ullmann is norwegian. Bibi Andersson is hotter though.
>>
>>84053036
The Silence that high? Couldn't disagree more personally, though I definitely agree with Winter Light first place and Though a Glass Darkly up high.
I'd also put Autumn Sonata much higher and Fanny and Alexander near the top, but that's probably because I love a bit of melodrama.
Face to Face is so forgettable I'm surprised you had it on the list, you shouldn't have at least included some of his pre Seventh Seal work if you were going to be that thorough.
>>
>>84053935
>Bibi Andersson is hotter though.
For you.
>>
>>84054045
I thought about moving F&A up, but I don't quite like it as much as Persona, Through a Glass Darkly, etc. I do prefer it to C&W, though.
>Face to Face is so forgettable I'm surprised you had it on the list, you shouldn't have at least included some of his pre Seventh Seal work if you were going to be that thorough.
I probably would have if I'd seen any. I might at least watch Summer with Monika if I get around to it, but I can't imagine many of his films from around that time stack up to the rest.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.