[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mummy 2017 is actually succesful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

It seems the Universal's Dark Universe will be the gift that keeps on giving thanks to China.

Remember that critical success is secondary for blockbusters, money is what matters and that if a movie fails in north America doesn't mean it's a flop ask Bayformers

>The Tom Cruise-headlined The Mummy has topped the global box office for the second weekend in a row, pushing the action/horror movie reboot towards a $300 million worldwide take, to date. Only a fraction of The Mummy‘s box office gross has come from its U.S. theatrical run (some $56.5 million, after the movie’s second weekend), but that’s par for the course for Cruise-led blockbusters nowadays. Moreover, The Mummy‘s strong worldwide performance should help to ensure that it avoids becoming either the sole entry in Universal’s Dark Universe franchise or another failed monster film universe launchpad for the studio (like 2014’s Dracula Untold).

>Director Alex Kurtzman’s tentpole also continues to perform well overseas despite the bad buzz that surrounds The Mummy in general, in turn further solidifying the argument that the Dark Universe doesn’t “need” the U.S. to succeed, from a commercial perspective. That being said, The Mummy is also benefiting from timing – as the Cruise-led vehicle was smartly positioned to hit theaters around the globe a week after Wonder Woman began its own lucrative worldwide run, giving it some breathing room apart from the DC Extended Universe blockbuster (and other summer blockbusters that will be arriving very soon).

Brendanfags BTFO
>>
When is Trump going to nuke that shithole, it will be good for our environment and cinema quality
>>
Good, I would rather see these movies than MCU or DCU shitfests
>>
>>84047187
But I like transformers
>>
>>84047107
Regardless of it's success the mummy was just a disappointment desu
Godzilla was good, Kong was great and I was expecting The Mummy to at least be as good as Kong.
>>
>>84047107

And Transformers will kill it next week. This is Terminator Genisys all over again
>>
I watched it today and it wasn't as bad as I heard. It wasn't perfect, but it was good. It had all the ingredients for a shared movie universe to succeed.
>High profile actors
>Established, well known Monsters/ Characters
>Secret government organization to bridge the gaps between films.
MCU - Shield
DCEU - Argus
Kaiju Universe - Monarch
Dark Universe - Prodigium
>>
>>84047107
CANT RUSE THE CRUISE

HE KNOCKED OFF WONDER WOMYN HIS FIRST WEEKEND OUT THE GATE, AND NOW DID IT AGAIN TWO WEEKENDS IN A ROW

WW ONLY GOT ITS FIRST WEEKEND AT #1 WORLDWIDE BECAUSE BASED TOM DIDNT HIT THE MARKET YET

REKT BY A BRENDAN FRASER REBOOT LMAO HOW WILL DCSHILLS EVER RECOVER
>>
>>84047977

that kaiju universe is dead after Kong v Godzilla. nobody cares about mothra
>>
File: dark.jpg (147KB, 1674x383px) Image search: [Google]
dark.jpg
147KB, 1674x383px
>>84047107
Hunchback of Notre-Dame? What are they smoking? Jesus
>>
>>84048166

But it also has King Ghidorah
>>
>>84048166
>nobody cares about mothra
And no one cared about GotG before it's release, too.
>>
>>84047107
Yes, anon, we are aware that China exists. Really groundbreaking information.
>>
>>84047107
What in the fuck is "Universal's Dark Universe"?
>>
I only went to see it for Sophia, but the movie wasn't that bad. The sidekick ghost was very cringe though and the movie would have been much better without it.
>>
>>84048140
>HOW WILL DCSHILLS EVER RECOVER

By Wonder Woman making more money overall and actually making a profit
>>
>>84048296
>Kurtzman

fuck.....
>>
File: 1497231508963.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497231508963.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>84047107
Good

giv mummy gf
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.