[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post the most depressing film you've ever seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg (281KB, 1280x1897px) Image search: [Google]
it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg
281KB, 1280x1897px
ITT post the most depressing film you've ever seen
>>
>>84047040

Lilya4ever was pretty depressing.
>>
>>84047040
What is the movie title conveying? I thought it was a decent movie for the build up and intensity but it didn't lead to anything. It just kind of abrubtly ended.
>>
Synecdoche , New York and every lars von trier movie ive watched
>>
>>84047947
I liked the abruptness of it and felt like that was the point, in such a situation everything can go to shit instantly. I understand not being satisfied but I was. As for the title it could be interpreted many ways
>the man who ruined everything came at night
>the dog who got everybody infected came at night
>the realization that the family was sick came at night
>>
>>84048808
Antichrist was grim as fuck but I feel like the dick smashing scene actually took away from the grim, bleakness. That went over the edge and felt cheesy/exploitative.
>>
>>84047040

Turin Horse would be up there
>>
>>84048857
I'm not necessarily hating on it. I saw it with my brother he thought it sucked and it what was pointless but unless everything is laid right out in front of him he doesn't really understand the meaning. I just don't understand what attacked the dog? Why did the barking stop so suddenly? How did the door get open? How did the dog get in there? Why did Andrew sleep walk? It's like there was something existential going on but it was never explained.
>>
>>84049188
Here's what I think happened
>something attacks the dog, some animal doesn't matter what
>dog manages to come back and scratch on the door or bark or something to be let in
>andrew (maybe sleepwalking, maybe not) hears and lets it in because kids are fucking dumb
>andrew is infected and this is why he is asleep in a weird spot and acting strange
If he was sleepwalking there doesn't need to be a reason, my younger brother sleepwalked all the time.
>>
>>84048904
That's exactly what kept me from giving it 5 stars
>>
File: threads.jpg (376KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
threads.jpg
376KB, 1280x720px
Easily
>>
Why did they have to put in that forced sexual tension between the nigger and the wife?
>>
requiem for a dream

makes me feel gud about where I'm at in life, currently.
>>
>>84049670
Hmm I wonder who would try to promote that kind of thing
>>
I literally just finished watching Chinatown,that was pretty fucking grim.
>>
>>84049751
What are some other mainstream/widely acclaimed movies that don't have endings in which the protagonist wins?
>>
>>84048904
>That went over the edge and felt cheesy/exploitative.
this film is literally about how sexuality ruined her life, how is that edgy in context at all? It's also a horror movie
>>
Out of the recent ones - Zvyagintsev's Loveless
I'm not sure how it translates to foreigners, but for me as a russian it was an ultimate two hour guilt-trip
>>
>>84049790
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1979)

can't get any more bleak than that ending
>>
>>84049833
I get that but showing in detail her smashing the guys dick and then jerking off the blood is clearly exploitative. I never claimed it was a horror film.
>>
>>84047040
Clean, Shaven
>>
Silence
>>
File: image.jpg (667KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
667KB, 1000x1426px
You're like babies, WATCH THIS
>>
File: pp.png (77KB, 154x211px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
77KB, 154x211px
https://youtu.be/AK3PWHxoT_E
>>
>>84049287
pretty much this
>>
>>84047040
>The movie you never expected to be a pleb filter
Is it cause the trailer tricked retards into seeing a mildly intelligent movie for once?
>>
>>84049885
That ending is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. It still haunts me sometimes
>>
>>84047040
it was depressing because I wasted $12 on this dried up pile of shit of a movie
>>
>>84051832
>I wasted $12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgdOs5-3VWQ
>>
The Vanishing

Anomalisa and Naked left me feeling pretty depressed too I guess.
>>
>>84051635
Wait it's actually good?
>>
>>84051974
no

it's beautifully shot, well-scored, decently acted, but it's ultimately hollow. It had a lot of potential but failed to deliver on any of it.

I don't mind slow burns, open ended questions, horror movies where the feeling of paranoia and dread are the core emotions rather than fear, but the movie was a waste of time beyond very few scenes.
>>
>>84051974
It's pretty good, but you got a bunch of people into the theater expecting a The Conjuring
>>
File: bleaknight.jpg (634KB, 900x1270px) Image search: [Google]
bleaknight.jpg
634KB, 900x1270px
>>84047040
>>
>>84052097
>>84052144
Hmm, I might check it out just because there's nothing else in theaters that interests me at the moment.
>>
>>84052097

a compelling statement.

can you, however, offer a counter-example of five films that, in your opinion, delivered?
>>
>>84050154
>I never claimed it was a horror film.
you don't have to, that's what it is

>blood and gore isn't ok in my horror movies!
lmao
>>
File: Martyrs poster 2.jpg (45KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Martyrs poster 2.jpg
45KB, 300x400px
Fucking Frenchies.
>>
Late Spring
Naked
Oslo 31 August
Szerelem
Salo
Tokyo Story

off the top of my head
>>
>>84047040
i was depressed cause they didn't tell us what did in the dog
>>
File: Grave-of-the-Fireflies.jpg (159KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Grave-of-the-Fireflies.jpg
159KB, 533x800px
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>84052277
bad taste. whats depressing about those japanese meme flicks bro
>>
not really depressing
>>
>>84052259
I couldn't believe the turn the movie took halfway through. More disturbing than depressing I'd say.
>>
File: Entertainment-poster-2015[2].jpg (31KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
Entertainment-poster-2015[2].jpg
31KB, 300x445px
might be this
>>
>>84051635
It's weird. It's like every thread about it devolves into a game of pleb bingo, probably because it got a bunch of people that don't like those types of movies into see it.
>>
peppermint candy
>>
>>84052938
Oh shit. I'm in that movie. Didn't know it ever came out.
>>
Manchester by the Feckin' Sea was pretty depressing.
>>
File: badtiming.jpg (42KB, 1024x555px) Image search: [Google]
badtiming.jpg
42KB, 1024x555px
>>
>>84052447
excelent movie, very harsh
>>
>>84049287
andrew wasnt tall enough to open the door
>>
>>84052097

>Movies NEED to be satisfying

I have a big problem with this train of thought. Forget about the movie being intelligent, smart, or "Patrician", you're not at a fucking McDonald's for god's sake. A movie doesn't need to cater to your sensibilities to be good.
>>
Leaving Las Vegas
>>
File: Winter Light 4.jpg (47KB, 705x534px) Image search: [Google]
Winter Light 4.jpg
47KB, 705x534px
saddened the hell out of me. Having a level 10 psyche is necessary for most of bergman otherwise it's just nihilistic imo...and it mostly is
>>
>>84047040
this movie wasn't depressing; it was annoying and stupid. and pointless. honestly, i didn't give a fuck about them. the only thing i cared about was the poor dog.
>>
>>84047040
>everyone, i have the only key to the red door and the outside door
>suddenly, somehow, both doors open and the dog gets in

OK

>we never go out in the woods alone, and we never go out at night
>dude goes out at night, by himself, looking for other armed humans, with a fucking flashlight attached to his gun, shining it and giving his position away

HMMM

>also, when the dog goes running off, refuses to go after it despite it being day time, close to the property, and having three armed people

HMMM

>forcing will to get to his feet instead of just shooting him right then and there, when they were going to get shot anyway, resulting in the gun being wrestled away and everyone getting infected
OK

>the pointless dreams

>the stupid nigger kid having 10 scenes of him just listening to something, close up to his face

>non-descript "sickness" suddenly culls humanity without warning

Yeah ok

>nothing happens

Yep.

>IT COMES AT NIGHT and the poster is the dog looking off into the deep dark woods makes it seem like it could be something like Alien, Pumpkinhead, Hush, or anything
>instead, nope - it's a movie about a family surviving and nothing at all happening and then suddenly the nigger kid dies and i'm supposed to care because reasons

0/10. I'm sure a bunch of film school students loved it, though.
>>
>>84055036
I agree I cared about the dog the most, but it wasn't pointless, if that movie or any movie is pointless than aren't really all movies pointless? It had a meaning, a story, characters, everything that all other movies had, so why is that one in particular pointless? Idk if depressing is 100% the right word, but it's pretty nihilistic and sickening to think about their situation
>>
>>84052447
tried watching this; had to stop. too slow and boring; not engaging at all. never went back to it, either.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.