[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mummy 2017, good and the bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: share.jpg (67KB, 640x341px) Image search: [Google]
share.jpg
67KB, 640x341px
What went wrong?

>The Book of the Dead cameo (which can also imply that Dark Universe is part of Fraser ummy universe)
>Jekyll was pretty good

The Bad.
>Tom cruise is so out of place and cannot juggle whats written for him
>comedy, horror and the whole plot was all over the place, the movie did not know what it wanted to be
>"DUDE THAT WAS INTENSE LMAO!" and the whole side kick character and the hole ghost shit
>CRUISE FLASHBACKS
>Mummy had no charisma and was forgettable
>Mummy spent 90% of the movie looking like a human, best parts with her was when she was mummified
>protag becomes superman, literally

and the biggest of them all;
"WHERES YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE??", the movie had none. This is imo the biggest difference between Fraser and Cruise mummy, Fraser had that sense of adventure, that indiana jones vibe, Rick was basically a grunt stuck in mummy shenanigans, he was human, he had emotions and he had something to live for, while Cruise was basically made immortal in the first 10 mins of the film and had 0 motivations not to accept mummy chick
>>
It wasn't fun enough for an adventure film.
It wasn't scary enough for a horror.
Outside of that intense crash scene, the action sucked so it failed as an action film.
The Hyde reveal was kinda shitty, all that build up for him to be... a slightly better fighter than Tom Cruise?
The comedy side-kick was just annoying, there wasn't any humour to him, just him complaining endlessly.
No chemistry between Tom Cruise and the main girl.
The weird way it was trying to make the mummy sympathetic.
>>
Did Tom jump the shark?
>>
File: mummycruise.jpg (29KB, 696x374px) Image search: [Google]
mummycruise.jpg
29KB, 696x374px
>>84037381
With these last two movies, yes. But I thought Jack Reacher 2 was worse than Mummy.
>>
>>84036611
>Tom cruise is so out of place and cannot juggle whats written for him
I actually thought he was pretty good all things considered. His comedy mostly delivered.
>"DUDE THAT WAS INTENSE LMAO!" and the whole side kick character and the hole ghost shit
This is one of the cringiest lines ever. He says it and the camera and action just stop and stare at him and Cruise. What the fuck was that?
>>
>>84037461
I liked the first one it was watchable. The second one I agree was total shit.
>>
What went wrong is they made the new chick not a tenth as likable as Evie so the ending is hollow.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.