[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was so wrong with staying in the Matrix?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: cyphersteak.jpg (19KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
cyphersteak.jpg
19KB, 352x288px
>"IT WASN'T REAL!"

Yeah but... who cares?
>>
>>84031713
Freedom, dumbass

it's an American thing
>>
>>84031713
>Sometimes you transform to Mr. Smith
>Limited simulation, always 1990s, no space exploration
>>
>>84031713
why would you want to stay in a shitty overrated movie?
>>
File: blue and black dress.gif (317KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
blue and black dress.gif
317KB, 500x351px
>>84031713
They're actually still in the matrix, they just escaped the first level.

There's some clues through the series

>the robots use humans to power themselves

This doesn't work since the humans would require more energy to survive and grow than the energy the machines could get from them.

>Neo could control machines and reality outside the matrix like he could inside it

Clearly shows that Neo's power, which only work inside the matrix, working "outside" of it.

>the program sending Neo a spoon from the matrix into real life
>Neo reviving his gf inside the matrix when she was stabbed in real life

Since the matrix and "real life" are just code this works. If "real life" is outside the matrix this can't happen.

The humans are still trapped in the matrix, the machines just tricked them.
>>
>>84033502
or if the matrix is a 1-1 replication of real life, learning to manipulate matter with your will should be a transferable ability outside of the matrix

I think this is what you were getting at when you said they were both code.

I don't believe it was intended in the story for the humans to still be trapped in the matrix.

If anything the computers realized that both them and humans were trapped in a simulation and neo was the key to freeing them both.
>>
The matrix represents being a normie pleb.
Leaving the matrix represents opening your mind to appreciate true kino, which of course comes with a cost.
>>
>>84033619
It was intended that Neo gained powers even in the real world. Like you said, but on /tv/ there is a theory that that was just another level of the Matrix. There is also a theory that in The Prestige Teslas machine didn't really work.
>>
>>84033502

Perfect, so it is a containment for those who couldn't be contain. Just brilliant.
>>
>>84031713

But he could have eaten simulated steak any time in his ship's mini-matrix, as well as butt-burgle the woman in the red dress, etc

Didn't need to go back into the Matrix at all
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.