[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Neon Demon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: CfC0usbWsAIEP9R.jpg-large.jpg (78KB, 496x661px) Image search: [Google]
CfC0usbWsAIEP9R.jpg-large.jpg
78KB, 496x661px
All that just for lol vampires, if this was a Tales From The Crypt episode it'd be pretty good, but as a feature film it was a real letdown.
>>
What an autistic way of looking at cinema. Anyway, it's the journey, not the destination. It's a simple genre film, beautifully told. That's enough.
>>
Refn is kinda like Argento in the sense that to him story is half the experience, the other is the whole aesthetic world he creates.

If people only care about plot and don't enjoy anything else, they might as well just stick to reading the synopsis on wikipedia and leave it at that. Same info, 100th the trouble
>>
>>84014294

They weren't vampires. Eating people isn't the same as just drinking blood.
>>
What vampries?
>>
>>84014294
>All that just for
>a real letdown

What are you presupposing here? What were you expecting or what should it have added up to?
>>
>>84014294
t. plebbit
>>
>>84014321
Agreed. It's just an interesting take on horror set to the backdrop of LA model culture, that played on ego, insecurity, competitiveness, and vanity. I thought it was great.
>>
>>84014294
It wasn't lol vampires, it was lol cannibals. Also, it was an analysis of fashion, showbusiness, Hollywood. It uses genre, but it has more to do with Mulholland Drive than Tales From The Crypt.
>>
Still feel like Only God Forgives is a much better film
>>
>>84017185
Maybe I should give that another chance, I didn't finish it the first time.
>>
i watch it for she slutty neck
>>
Did we watch the same movie? Is every visual and rhetorical depiction something literal to you?
>>
>>84017701
>>84017185

Jumping in to this Goose convo, should I watch Place Beyond the Pines?
>>
>>84017185
its not

>>84017701
dont
>>
>>84017830
yes. i really liked the first 2/3rds of the film. dont bother watching the last 1/3rd of it though. completely ruins the whole thing
>>
>>84014409
He meant draining their life force through the act of consumption, same shit
>>
>>84017727
jfc is every one of your posts about necks
>>
>>84014294

>watching movies for the "plot"

kill yourself pleb
>>
>>84017988
No it's a totally different thing. Absorbing is not draining. The imagery means something quite different.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.