[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blomkamp is a fucking hack. The designs and photography were cool tho.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: NE7cSVhfZFRHbb_3_b[1].jpg (56KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
NE7cSVhfZFRHbb_3_b[1].jpg
56KB, 600x315px
Blomkamp is a fucking hack.
The designs and photography were cool tho.
>>
It was pretty neat for the reasons you listed. I didn't think it was great, but maybe the next ones will be more interesting.
>>
>Rakka
Is this an edgy metaphor for ISIS? Why is he only able to do one kind of setting?
>>
File: whiteparty.png (56KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
whiteparty.png
56KB, 554x400px
>>
File: IMG_2457.jpg (119KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2457.jpg
119KB, 720x540px
Will he make an appearance?
>>
>>83993331
It's a cool setting though, I just wish he'd create a good story to go with it for once.
>>
File: 145684765906.gif (2MB, 398x224px) Image search: [Google]
145684765906.gif
2MB, 398x224px
>Rakka
>Cut it's fucking head off
>Suicide bombers are heroic
>Enemy with technology and airpower is fucking the environment

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83993366
Literally the only good thing to come out of Blomkamp's """"career"""""
>>
>>83992918
>lizardmen mind-controlling politicians
What did he mean by this?

>>83993366
I fooking hope so

Anyways, so it's obviously an allegory of the Iraqi invasion and the fallout of it. Kind of a confused message though since there's apparently no religious motivation in the film's world (aside from a quick shot of a crucifix) and suicide bombing is seen as a crazy aberration rather than par for the course. Also it's called Rakka, which is in Syria, and is a city that was never invaded or controlled by the US (although a US-backed local militias are attacking it at the moment, but that's a totally different scenario to what the film is showing). Also hypnotising people has nothing to do with the real world.

The aliens designs are awesome, and I like the atmosphere and world-building. The message is that US agression caused ISIS, which you can make a case for, but the specifics in the film are nothing like what actually happened in Iraq and Syria, so it's a pretty weedy allegory imo.

Also it brings in environmentalism, which I seriously doubt Iraqi terrorists care about. I guess the "alien crops" are meant to represent GMOs, if that's the case it's stupid because GMOs are unpopular in western countries due to "frankenstein food" hysteria, while they're rapidly being adopted in poorer countries due to higher yields.
>>
>>83992918
X-COM the series.
>>
>>83993366
IS NOBODY GOING TO CHECK THIS?
>>
>>83993331
All his setting are essentially south africa.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.