[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more overrated show on television right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: the-americans.jpg (237KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
the-americans.jpg
237KB, 900x675px
Is there a more overrated show on television right now?
>>
depends if you're poorly educated or not.
>>
File: the americans.webm (3MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
the americans.webm
3MB, 1280x718px
Fargo
House of Cards
>>
>>83991496
I loved the premise but halfway through the second season realized it was just bold and the beautiful with a cold war paintjob
>>
>fake suspense where nothing bad ever happens to the main characters the show
>>
>>83991496

Fargo
House of Cards
The West Wing
The Wire
Sopranos
The Shield

Every dumbfuck opinion left on this shitbox board by children.
>>
>>83991603
the shield is genuinely a fantastic series, dont think it deserves to be on that list

also OP im sorry youre not enjoying it, the last season was a little lackluster but overall its a great show
>>
>>83991672

I LOVE The Americans because I understand the era, because I lived through it. These dipshits can fucking rot as far as I'm concerned. They're like human cornflakes. They don't know shit.
>>
>>83991705
Does it feel like it's set in the right timeframe? I wasn't alive then so I have no way of knowing it if feels right or not, just was curious.
>>
>>83991743

Well, I owned a firebird back then and Philip bought a Camaro. All of the shows on tv were era accurate. The technology was generally accurate and the history was proper. It's a legitimately good show. I don't know what the op was on about but he doesn't know shit from shinola.
>>
The Americans is literally the most underrated show on tv right now
>>
>>83991743

Alexander Haig sent both the Americans and the Russians into a fit when he staged a pretend coup in the white house press briefing room. I know you jokers don't remember that, but it was a thing.
>>
First off, the Americans isn't airing on tv right now, the season ended weeks ago. Second, it's underrated and not a lot of people watch it, so how the fuck is it considered overrated?

It's an excellent show. Is it slow? Yes, it's a slow burn show, and if you're watching it for action and plot twists, you're watching the wrong fucking show. This isn't fucking Homeland.
>>
>>83991865

teenagers need whatever the equivalent of teenage soap operas are. they're fucking kids.
>>
>>83991795
It's weak, and the plot isn't good despite being time-accurate, this means nothing.
>>
>>83991603
>sopranos
>shield
are you dark skinned?
>>
>>83992685

it's weak because some loser on 4chan says so. You don't offer any opinion, you just end up sounding like a cunt.
>>
>>83992732

Everything is about being a nigger to you fucking garbage. I'm a white canadian, moron. all of your type sound simple like lego.
>>
>>83991865
It's not a slow burn show, it's a cookie cutter character drama disguised as a show about the cold war. They don't take advantage of the era nearly enough. You could just swap out the employers' names and it'd work in 2017. Biggest drama is mistresses and other mundane shit in a show supposedly about the cold war.
>>
>>83992761
maybe you should go back to your igloo if you can't enjoy the finest television ever produced
>>
>>83992768

Totally, you could just drop Don Draper in there, or George Patton, or Theodore Roosevelt into that story, it's just sooooo cookie cutter. Dumbest shit I've read in /tv/ for some time.
>>
>>83992793

You've got this all backwards, you idiot, you missed the sarcasm.
>>
File: yellowparty.png (56KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
yellowparty.png
56KB, 554x400px
>>
What a shit fucking thread
>>
File: ta_306-2_023_hires2_.jpg (210KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ta_306-2_023_hires2_.jpg
210KB, 1000x750px
>he never fucked her
Unbelievable
>>
>>83992838
You unironically could.
>>
>>83993606

because you're a simple person who probably don't know much about history, sees everything in memes and thinks they know everything. You're the embodiment of the dunning-kruger effect.
>>
>>83993644
I'm literally a history major dumbass. This show's connection to history is purely "hey remember the cold war? Russia, right?". Only people (like you apparently) who know nothing about history see a historical aspect to this show.

I'm not saying it should be an accurate documentary, but it's literally just a palette swap of a standard soap opera drama.
>>
>>83991496
I like the first season. Or actually I like seeing Felicity do sexy things on TV.
>>
>>83993682

right, because argiculture, reagan's shooting, haig, the stealth fighter program, the russian afghan war.. they're not ALL fucking fucking history you stupid stupid cunt. like talking to a box of rocks.
>>
File: keri russell shower.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
keri russell shower.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
Best ass on FX.
>>
>>83991603
Those were all horribly overrated but most of your list isn't on television right now. OP may be right.
>>
>>83993748

Everything is always overrated when you're trying to sound smart. When you don't have to back anything up and aren't afraid of sounding stupid, everything is overrated.
>>
Towards the end of the second season I got bored out of my fucking mind and dropped it. The acting and writing are incredibly stale and generic.
>>
>>83993722
I only watched until season 2 like I said but at least that far these historical references wege exactly that, references. A file in a folder that's "cold war thing #32", something off-camers that's a famous event, discussing around a historical topic yet the real challenge/drama comes from srock character actions.
>my boss is angry because I lost the file on [cold war event people recognize]
>I hope my wife doesn't find out about my mistress who's a [russian spy]
The plot lines are incredibly generic just with occasional mentions to famous concepts from that era.
>>
>>83993682

Here you go, shitlips. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_goods_in_the_Soviet_Union. This was all happening because of the centralized planning they address in The Americans. Along with the fact they threw out American agricultural experts that could have modernized the entire Ukrainian harvest.
>>
>>83993801

So those spies going directly into the field to effect change DIRECTLY to those topics is superficial and generic? Fuck off already. TV isn't a goddamn college seminar. Jesus.
>>
>>83993801

Last season they stole wheat hybrids to better feed the soviet union.
>>
im struggling to finish this latest season, i think im about 3 episodes in and its boring as FUUUUCK

all the scenes with Russia suck, even though I really like the dude who was working for the Russian embassy and moved over to Russia, Paige hasn't advanced as a character even though shes now "in the fold", the best child Henry barely gets any scenes and then theres the constant will she wont she hint at cuckolding with Elizabeth that has been going on since season 1

and they killed the only interesting spy they have working with them with the weird accent, they seem to have decided to added in a bunch more extra spies that are just stand in nameless faces that are boring as hell too
>>
>>83993765
Well that's neither here nor there. Never reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>83993835
Palette swap. I know you're angry you didn't realize it before. They could be doing the exact same actions and just change the word in the dialogue that they're after.
>we need to break into the [russian owned] warehouse to steal a crate of [cold war intel]
>>
>>83993880

go fuck yourself, child.
>>
>>83993861
Well like I said I only watched the first two seasons. If it takes a show over 25 hours to fulfill its premise it's a failure regardless.

By the way, did these seeds actually do something in the plot or were they just [an object] in a briefcase locked in a generic laboratory?
>>
>>83991603
>>83991705
>>83991795
>>83992761
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>83993892
That's not physically possible. It was also a very rude thing to say.
>>
>>83993884

you're like that asshole who recognizes a meme in a tv show and now everything is that meme. nevermind, go back to whatever someone like you does. nuance and notion are lost on your types.
>>
>>83993906

they sent samples of actual growing wheat to the USSR and grew them so production. Same thing with the Hanta virus they weaponized in Afghanistan, literally everything the USSR did during the cold war. People who want to argue this show is superficial look like utter idiots. I'm talking primary morons.
>>
>>83992761
>leaf
>>
>>83994022

are you personally retarded? the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>83994051
>being this obviously new to 4chan
saying fuck repeatedly isn't going to make you fit in. lurk moar, leaf fag
>>
>>83994022

sorry, I keep forgetting. You just wanted manboy attention. I hope you enjoyed it. Do you feel like you're not alone on the planet now?
>>
>>83994076

fuck. do I fit in?
>>
>>83994076

Sorry I'm just drinking all night and you seem the easiest asshole to style on. I apologize. I'm so leaf I'm a tree at this point.
>>
>>83994076

I'm trying to tree up to your standards with at least a poplar stand, maple I talk to oak about sequioa?
>>
>>83994076

Where'd you go puppy cat? Talk to me.
>>
>>83991603
you forgot Twin Peaks S3
>>
You can always tell when the inny penis fatties get spooked.
>>
>>83991705
>Everything is shit except for the one show that panders to my nostalgia.

kys old man

>>83991827
>>83991865
it was 'underrated' like, two years ago. Most recent season was a total pile of shit and the one before that lost steam towards the end as well. This show should have been five seasons max tbqh.
>>
Plenty. It's enjoyable to watch but I agree it's praised a little too highly. Especially the past season.
>>
>>83993957
they did this and that
>off camera

there's a difference between the subject matter affecting the story and just having a generic story that name drops the subject matter
>>
>>83994245

Yeah those seasons about afghanistan, stealth technology and the wheat were fucking garbage, right? Just garbage. Do you assholes even spend a minute with history or what?
>>
This show is boring.
>>
>>83994273

You're absolutely right, they should be doing through the microscope analysis for people in their seats, right? Nothing more gripping than that fucking idiocy.
>>
>>83994273

I really am talking to 13 year olds, right? Are people really young teens?
>>
>>83994276
>Do you assholes even spend a minute with history or what
lmao what are you even trying to imply? that the show is good because it's about history? I've been watching this show since it premiered, it's warn out it's welcome and has become pretty generic. like, the entire first half of the latest season was literally all about paige, how is that even acceptable?
>>
I just need to know so I can stop talking to you idiots. you sound yound and stupid and I'll go away if you confirm it.
>>
>>83994303
>>83994331
>being this much of a fanboy in denial
I guess it is hard to accept criticism of your favourite shit show.
>>
>>83994361

no, you know what you sound like. you're a generic dull cunt. we know this. I was just hoping not all of you generic dull cunts. but that's really hoping against hope for your fucked up tribe.
>>
>>83994400
are you the same idiot who tried to deflect any criticisms of your show with 'lol dude do u even history?'? fuck off retard.
>>
>>83994424

don't worry about it, go back to your fucked up, monkey life. You'll live a few more years. You'll feel great about it I'm sure.
>>
i like how everyone is arguing with the guy who said "its shit" but no one responds to my post criticizing what is actually bad about the show
>>
>>83991496
twin peaks
>>
>tfe keri is starting to show her age
>>
>>83994487

Compared to the 300 shows I've watched, you saying it's bad cuts me. It embarrasses me for you and makes me fucking tired to the point where I can't talk about it. I know shit shows and you bitching about THIS is fucking disgraceful. But honestly I don't give a shit what you think at this point. Every show you've watched, I've watched. You don't know enough to hate this show the way you hate it. From a historical or theatrical environment. Regardless I don't give a shit.
>>
>>83994223
It's the only genuinely great thing on TV nowadays
>>
>>83994569
wow your a little baby
>>
>no one has said American Gods yet
good
>>
>>83994980

So you're the puppy cat?
>>
Even Reddit hates the new season of House of Cards, also received lowest ratings of the series. Not overrated, just shit.
>>
>>83991496
It's one of those shows where you expect something interesting to happen at some point, but it never happens. I've watched every episode because I like the setting and how it's somewhat realistic, but goddamn there's barely anything actually exciting in it.
>>
thing is, no one needs your viewership. you're the kids no one needs because you can't buy the show you're watching. You're just the generic assholes no one cares about.
>>
>>83994955
what about drawn out silence and Mr. Bean's antics vol.2 is "genuinely great" exactly?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.