[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars The Phantom Menace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: podracing.jpg (7KB, 335x150px) Image search: [Google]
podracing.jpg
7KB, 335x150px
>tfw disney star wars will never come up with something as cool as Podracing.
Also anyone else really like the look and design of the gungans and their cities. That first look at the gungans coming out of the swamps in the first trailer was the ultimate hype for me.
>>
>>83979982
gungans were SO COOL. I loved their funny accents
>>
Why did the "race cars to earn money to upgrade your car to race faster cars" genre die out?
>>
>>83980062

same here =)
>>
File: gungan submarine.jpg (115KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gungan submarine.jpg
115KB, 1600x1200px
>>83980062
Underwater Jamaicans did have cool aesthetics.
>>
>>83979982
The podracing sequence was the only genuinely exciting sequence in the entire prequel trilogy and Ep.1 while not a good movie, still had the best design of them all. Both the gungan and naboo cities just looked fantastic.
>>
>>83980302

>>Reddit
>>
>>83980093
The world simply wasn't ready for the sport.
>>
>>83980302
But was it Star Wars? There's no equivalent scene in any of the OT films.
>>
File: 1475447195072.jpg (15KB, 233x258px) Image search: [Google]
1475447195072.jpg
15KB, 233x258px
>>83980352

>was it star wars?
>the scene is in a star wars movie
>>
>>83980334
Thanks for your input, now fuck off my internet.
>>83980352
This question is very perplexing.
>>
>>83980093
Because millionaires started just buying the fastest cars then hiring drivers.
>>
>>83980438
its a question you need to to have been over 18 in the time before the prequels to ask/answer.

But we all know all prequel defense is coming from children and retards.
>>
>>83980554
Okay, grandpa.
>>
File: worse than an iphone.jpg (39KB, 660x398px) Image search: [Google]
worse than an iphone.jpg
39KB, 660x398px
>Friendly reminder that Phantom Menace is the only prequel shot on film and will not age like milk
>>
>>83980971
This. The other two were shot in fucking 1080p.

Bump for a comfy thread.
>>
File: Sith Witch.jpg (44KB, 350x466px) Image search: [Google]
Sith Witch.jpg
44KB, 350x466px
>Sith witch concept art for Episode I by Iain McCaig. This early design for Darth Maul was based on a nightmare McCaig had, since Lucas had described Maul as being "a figure from your worst nightmare"
>>
>>83981475
That's creepy. Maybe even too creepy?
>>
File: Lord Maul.jpg (97KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Maul.jpg
97KB, 471x600px
>>83981896
How about Lord Maul? Imagine a refined warrior, the conquering govenor of occupied Naboo. Frankly, the Maul of the film, while laconic, sounds filled with eruditeness.
>>
>>83979982
it wont because it would be too risky

if they ever show a sport or something it will most certainly involve a reference to the old trilogy, like a race through that goes through the interior of an astroid so they can show that stupid fucking worm thing again
>>
File: Episode 1.jpg (1MB, 2004x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Episode 1.jpg
1MB, 2004x3000px
>The best Star Wars poster
>>
>>83979982
the prequels had a bunch of great new ideas and setpieces marred by horrific directing (george lucas can NOT direct actors, period) and more than anything, scripts that seemed almost indifferent to the actual stories they're supposed to tell. oh, and an overreliance on cg that looked just okay at the time and is laughably dated now, looking way worse than the original films despite being more expensive and released decades later

there are some good images in those three movies but awful, awful everything else
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.