[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was it cancelled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Marco_Polo_2014_title_card.jpg (20KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
Marco_Polo_2014_title_card.jpg
20KB, 214x317px
Why was it cancelled?
>>
Cost highly to produce almost like game of thrones but less viewer.
>cancelled
>>
>>83977506
>Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that the series' two seasons resulted in a $200 million loss for Netflix
>200 million loss in two seasons after what income it made

jesus fuck.
>>
>>83977628
holy fuck, what did they do with the money? it looked like the battle scenes were filmed in some guys backyard with 10 people.
>>
Story was shit

Everyone was getting cucked literally, especially the main bad guy
>>
>>83977416
They need the money to produce the witcher hopefully.
>>
>>83977416

Netflix's rationale behind cancelling things is apparently nothing more than a newfound belief that they "should" be cancelling things.
>>
>>83977707
i think he didn't mind
>>
>>83977785
I enjoyed the non Marco scenes, but if this frees up money for Witcher I can live with it.
>>
>>83977653
Sets and costuming, probably. Same thing that every expensive period piece suffered on.
>>
>>83977416
bc they wanted more pc shows, like billnye and sense8
>>
>>83978032
lmao is that real? wtf
>>
>>83979601
>sense8
which also got cancelled because it's shite
>>
>>83979601
SJWense8 got cancelled too
>>
It was absolutely terrible
>>
This shit would have been a lot better without Marco Polo. Stopped watching after the first season.
>>
File: marcopoloqts.jpg (90KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
marcopoloqts.jpg
90KB, 600x900px
>>
Fuck, I really liked this show
>>
File: last_kingdom.jpg (32KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
last_kingdom.jpg
32KB, 440x640px
a-at least this isn't cancelled r-right?

third season will be announced s-soon!
>>
>>83977416
because the plot was a fucking mess, the entire thing came off as unsure of which artistic direction they wanted to take, the main character spent much of the second season getting drunk and completely staying on the sidelines from the plot, a Persian guy in full rope bondage got drilled in the ass by a chink with a strapon for no reason, and the entire thing was hemorrhaging money trying to be a GoT killer that it was never going to succeed in being.
>>
>>83981060
the fuck cared about the main character. the world he droped in was interesting enough that it wasn't a bad thing he wasn't always in the spotlight.

a s3 would've been great, with bigger role for qtMeiLin and 100-ice
>>
>>83980960

>he thinks last kingdom isnt getting thr axe

Lol
>>
>>83981060
Link to that particular scene?
>>
>>83981060
>for no reason
it showed MeiLin was dominant, he went submissive for her

but yeah it had weird (PC,SJW?) shit here and there. Like that joint party in the desert in season 1
>>
>>83981678
pls no, i just binged the whole thing last weekend, i need more
>>
they should have used the money to make a show about Genghis khan. would have been so much better
>>
>>83981997
The drug party in the desert was something the Hashashin actually did. It's how they manipulated young recruits into becoming suicide stabbers.

The real weird thing about the show was all the cuckold shit. It was everywhere in this show, to the point where it made it seem like not a single human being in the Mongol court was the biological child of their supposed father. Did one of the writers/producers have a fetish for that shit or something?
>>
>>83980884
>tfw you can't tell them apart at all

michelle yeoh is mai waifu too
>>
>>83982871
its the idea that long royal lines would've been impossible to maintain without regular insertions of fresh blood.
>>
>>83979699
>>83979913
Didn't know Sense8 got canned, the final few episodes of S1 were genuinely shit.
>>
>>83979672
Yes.
>>
>>83977416
Huge budget with absolutely no buzz.

The main character and the writing were totally uninteresting and uncharismatic.

Benedict Wong and a few other supporting characters made the schlock watchable but it wasn't enough.
>>
First two eps were sorta-ok, but the rest was garbage.
>>
>>83977416
It was one of the most diverse shows out there, why didn't the wackos on the left support it more?
>>
>>83977416

gimme dat witchman series that why
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>83980884
giv mongol gf
>>
>>83984459
boy i sure love not being able to go a SINGLE thread without you people derailing it into /pol/ shit
>>
Well that's too fucking bad, it was goofy but I really enjoyed it. Great sets and costumes, Kublai was fucking awesome, all the supporting cast was great. Marco was totally without charisma but everything else was a blast.

Fucking GOAT intro, too.
>>
>>83984583
>wanting to discuss the show Marco Polo on /tv/ is """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""normalizing the trump presidency""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

this shit is why people hate you now more than they do /pol/, congrats
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.