[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shane Carruth is a masterclass Kino director

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Primer.jpg (16KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Primer.jpg
16KB, 220x326px
>2004 Primer
>2013 Upstream Color
>TBA The Modern Ocean
>>
>>83973849
it's a shame Carruth can barely get his films financed and made. The Modern Ocean has been in pre-production for years now and has gone through multiple cast changes due to financial instability and delays.

A Topiary would have been a masterclass sci-fi tale, but even Steven Soderbergh as producer couldn't raise the money for it. I hope Carruth one day hands that one off to another director if, as he's mentioned in interviews, he still no longer wishes to direct it. If you haven't read it, do search for it. It's out there and easily obtained.

I also dig his tunes in The Girlfriend Experience series.
>>
primer is unbearable pretentious shit
fuck off
>>
File: TheModernOceanCast.png (715KB, 1080x1476px) Image search: [Google]
TheModernOceanCast.png
715KB, 1080x1476px
>>83974033
Thanks mate.Actually I'm quite disappointed about the latest update.I hate that fuckin Radcliffe so much
>>
>>83974057
>sci-fi time travel movie
>pretentious
>>
File: IMG_0674.jpg (140KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0674.jpg
140KB, 800x449px
>>83973849
Fantastic film. Original. He juggles acting and directing well. His mistake was being born too late. If this movie had been released 10yrs early, this guy would be a top tier, well financed, Hollywood sought director. Sadly, the current populace is in a state of intellectual decline and a sizable portion of movie goers can't keep up with intricate plots. I hope Netflix/Amazon/etc. discovers Carruth. That's where the brainiac niche exists.
>>
>>83973849
As a Physicist I can tell you that Primer is crap and Upstream Color is even worse. This man is retarded and creative, bravo
>>
>>83974290
>As a Physicist
Share with us, your film.
>>
>>83974205
that was the cast from 2015. i think the latest update is that the project has stalled, which may cause cast changes as actors of this stature don't wait around for long. i think Tom Holland who was also participating in the project recently said as much.

also, Carruth recently co-directed a docu-series, if i'm not mistaken. possibly just a single episode, though.
>>
>>83974258
indeed, but his projects are taking on larger budgets. it looks like the only ones he can get made are smaller budget films like Upstream Color, which had to omit a large set piece for budgetary reasons, and Primer.
>>
>>83974290
well, someone forgot the FICTION part of science-FICTION.
>>
>>83974258
>I hope Netflix/Amazon/etc. discovers Carruth

I hope not
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
Shane?
>>
>>83974440
why not? is it because you dislike Carruth's work or are not into Netflix/Amazon?
>>
>>83974057
>primer is unbearable pretentious shit
fuck off
>>83974258
>Sadly, the current populace is in a state of intellectual decline and a sizable portion of movie goers can't keep up with intricate plots.
Hmmm. Point made.
>>
>>83974205
Why? He's a decent actor.
>>
>>83974057
>pretentious

Can you explain how while using the definition of the word "pretentious?"
>>
>>83974424
Fiction can about the laws of physics up to a point, but can never be against logic itself, dumbarse, otherwise it destroys the sequence of events that compose the film
>>
>>83974861
Use your physics knowledge to explain why Carruth is retarded? You do realize he studied physics too, right? Who am I to believe, the successful film director or the nobody posting on /tv/?
>>
>>83974910
He is a math undergrad, super cunt
> Who am I to believe, the successful film director or the nobody posting on /tv/?
Sure, nigger, believe in fucking Star Wars logic if you want to
>>
>>83975088
>He is a math undergrad, super cunt
Who also studied physics.

>Sure, nigger, believe in fucking Star Wars logic if you want to
I said who am I to believe?
>>
>>83974861

Please explain, in your own words, where you think Primer went against logic?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.