[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious thread Why everyone hates Kylo Ren? His character in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 12

File: kylo.jpg (60KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
60KB, 350x350px
Serious thread

Why everyone hates Kylo Ren?

His character in deep and complex, maybe the deepest in the entire series

"B-B-B-B-BUT IT'S NOT DARTH VADER 2.0!!!"

AND THAT'S GOOD!!!
>>
It's because he's a horrible written and handled one. Honestly he shouldn't have taken off the mask until he confronted his father, and when that was done put it right back on.

But that's just one of the countless problems with that movie.
>>
he's a fucking white male
>>
>>83962472
>"B-B-B-B-BUT IT'S NOT DARTH VADER 2.0!!!"
That problem is, that he is, and a very bad wannabe at that too
>>
he's ugly as sin
>>
>>83962507
If you're going to quote that shit, stop getting the quote wrong.
>>
>>83962472
>Kylo Ren
because adam driver is a terrible actor and the character is poorly written.
>>
File: 1489928408242.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489928408242.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
Everyone loves Kylo Ren though. He's like the most popular character, especially with normies
>>
>>83962528
In the movie he WANT to be Darth Vader 2.0, but that's all
>>
>autistic pouty machild
I love it. Perfect villain for the 2010s. I wonder if any of the pouty manchildren watching even knew they were being memed on.
>>
File: 1497016662216.jpg (298KB, 1082x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1497016662216.jpg
298KB, 1082x1404px
>>83962569
Well, there are not much choice there are?
>The predator girl
>The nigger
>that spic
>>
abrams and disney were not brave enough to keep his darth vader LARP helmet on until the next movie.

could have been worse... they could have made him sound like bane
>>
>>83962472
>character is a Darth Vader fanboi, even has limited edition Darth Vader helmet. Reaches out to him, saying "I will finish what you started". Where the fuck is Anakin's force ghost the audience asks. Hayden Christenson pops out and goes "ayyy lmao relax I murdered children and helped destroy the Jedi order, but I killed the emperor last minute so I'm a good ghost"
>>
>>83962648
>could have been worse... they could have made him sound like bane

How is that worst?
>>
>>83962680
Worse for you
>>
>>83962680
pic related is the inspiration for bane voice
>>
Everybody just hates him because he's ugly.
>>
>>83962648
Was putting an obvious target that if damaged blows up the whole deathray planet part of your plan?
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
>>83962610
Dem teef
>>
>>83962760
Like.. the majority of /tv/?
>>
File: Dewey.png (305KB, 880x371px) Image search: [Google]
Dewey.png
305KB, 880x371px
>>83962760
But than why did they loved him Malcolm in the middle?
>>
>>83962472
He was the best of the new core characters in 7, which isn't saying much as finn, Rey, and poe are all pretty much nothing
>>
He's just pretty lame so far. The only cool thing he did TFA was freezing a laser beam in mid-air right at the beginning of the movie. After that he killed two defenseless old men, broke his computer in a temper tantrum and got his ass beat by a girl with no training.
Also, his entire quest to follow on his grandpa's footsteps feels really flimsy because it hinges on the simple fact that he doesn't know Vader turned good in the end. Somebody's gonna tell him that in ep 9 and he gonna go "oh".
>>
>>83962472
I don't hate Kylo Ren. I think he's by far the best thing about TFA. Literally the only interesting character in the movie. And his character is one of the very very very few risks that the movie-makers took. I like that he is not just Vader 2. And Driver puts in easily the best acting performance in TFA.
>>
>>83962472
He isn't deep, he just says he is. people like to suck his nuts for being this "deep character with emotional depth," but all he does is throw bitch fits and suck at using the force which we are apparently supposed to believe he is good at. He never once proves himself to be a threat so why am I meant to respect him? this is literally the first film and they already fucked themselves by choosing a shit actor to play a character whose whole motivation is that he's a fuckboi who wants to be a sith for the lulz and edge points and nothing else. no extended universe can fix how much of a fag this character is. I honestly don't seem or the first order getting better as the series goes on because of how fucking weak both of them are throughout force awakens. He is literally not a threat.
>and I'm one of the fags who likes this movie
>>
>>83962831
>Literally the only interesting character in the movie
So nothing about the fact one of the main characters was a storm trooper?

> I like that he is not just Vader 2

He is a literal watered down low quality Vader 2
>>
>>83962528
Which is the point of his character
>>
>>83962823
>and got his ass beat by a girl with no training
HE WAS FUCKING WOUNDED IN BODY AND MIND (he killed he's FATHER)
>>
>>83962852
>He never once proves himself to be a threat so why am I meant to respect him?
You're not supposed to respect him as a threat. You're SUPPOSED to view him as a pathetic Vader imitator. That's the whole point of the character. Jesus fuckin Christ, I can't believe I'm defending the shit movie that is TFA, but I also can't believe that so many people missed the point of the Kylo Ren character. Kylo Ren is supposed to be a loser. It's not that they tried to make him bad-ass and failed. Trust me, the film-makers failed at so many other things that I can tell when they intended to do something or not. With Kylo Ren they actually succeeded.
>>
>>83962472

because he's extremely ugly. he's apocalyptically ugly. he's universally ugly. he's abysmally ugly.
>>
>>83962900
>He's supposed to be shit

Then there's your problem
>>
>>83962856
>So nothing about the fact one of the main characters was a storm trooper?
Not sure what you mean, but I was bored stiff by Finn, and his character made no sense. "War is horrible, my buddy just died in my arms..." A minute later... "Yippie! Shooting my other fellow soldiers is fun!". Just bad writing.
>He is a literal watered down low quality Vader
No. Vader was supposed to be a calm badass. Kylo Ren is supposed to be a conflicted, emotional wannabe.
>>
>>83962939
What, do you want every single character in the movies to be a badass? You don't want flawed, vulnerable characters?
>>
>>83962939
FUCKING EXACTLY. he sucks at being sith and that is his whole character. Why the fuck do people think this is better writing than Finn or Rey?
>>
>>83962472
>only character who actually cares about the events of original trilogy
>LE ANGRY WHITE NERD
It's like the jew mouse is trying to tell us something...
>>
>>83962968
You want flawed heroes who fight strong villains. What we have instead is perfect heroes fighting strawmen. Not very compelling.
>>
>>83962968
can you please stop pretending this is some kind of higher film that is going to delve into the depths of the human soul or some shit. not even rogue one gave that much of a shit. Kylo Ren will literally have 0 development in the films to come besides "suprise," he becomes good. He is just as badly written as fucking Anakin was to the point where their lines sound the same.
>>
>>83962982
Finn is practically a 1920s blackface vaudeville character (which makes the idea that his presence is some form of step forward for blacks pretty ludicrous). Rey is a cardboard cutout bad fan-fiction tier protagonist. Kylo Ren at least has some complexity.
>>
>>83963036
I'm not pretending anything. Dude, I fucking hate TFA. I think it is a horrible movie. And yes, I agree that they'll probably fuck up Kylo Ren's development. That said, I still firmly believe that his character is by far the most interesting thing about TFA. Keep in mind that's not necessarily saying much.
>>
>>83963052
>>83963076
Look I like this movie for what it is a shitty star wars nostalgia flick. I'm not trying to shit on people who like the fucking guy. but to pretend like he is somehow this breakout for the series.
>anakin I hate the jedi because they don't advance my want for power
>Kylo fucking same
>anakin I am willing to kill those i care about to advance my want for power
>kylo fucking same
>anaking I say emo shit all the fucking time
>kylo dude same
people literally shit on anakin all the fucking time for how shitty his writing is so why is Kylo different? point is if you're gonna say the movie sucks admit that all of it sucked.
>>
>>83962472
He's awkward and got the shit kicked him out of him twice by a girl.
https://youtu.be/QlT-sJLfCPU
Also any character who can inexplicably probe minds and do mindtricks without any training is a mary sue, this is objective fact.
>>
No retard, you can't read.

It's not that he isn't Darth Vader, it's that his entire character is whining about he isn't Darth Vader.
>>
>movie is about as deep as a puddle
>still too complicated for half of /tv/
incredible
>>
>>83962873

So fucking what? Only a LOSER loses to a girl, no fucking excuses
>>
>>83962472
>master force wielder
>gets fucked by a girl who's never used a lightsaber before

>is literally darth vader 2.0 except when he's angry it just looks like he's throwing a temper tantrum
absolutely kino
>>
>>83964274
>>master force wielder
>implying implications
>>
>>83962648
>not wanting another wave of potential memery
>>
>>83964320
absolute novice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JwB9Zg_IE
>>
>>83962790
Why go lie on internet?
Guy who played dewey was named erik something another
>>
>>83964274
>master
kek
>>
>>83964369
Yeah you can see his proficiency here when he masterfully takes 10 seconds to pull a lightsaber from the snow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA
>>
>>83962472
Because Adam is so ugly it's distracting to the point where it makes me angry when he's on screen.
>>
>>83964274
>train whole life to become an autodidact with a lightsaber
>random black guy stormtrooper picks up a lightsaber and slices him whilst dueling him on equal footing
>>
>>83964396
>>83964402
he is a master force wielder though he just has no formal training with a lightsaber outside of lukes teachings when he was a teenager. he should have easily beaten black stormtrooper and small girl with no force training
>>
>>83964460
He can't pull a fucking lightsaber that's 10 meters away
He's complete trash at the basics of the force and holding bolts is his only gimmick
>>
cause he's a whiney poof
>>
>>83962472
He gos whipped by a girl who held a ligtsaber for the first time in her life while kylo was this big Darth force guy.
He's not intimidating and kind of a bitch
>>
>>83962472
Nice bait, here is another reply for you
>>
>>83964460
>he is a master force wielder
That's just your headcanon.

>no formal training with a lightsaber outside of lukes teachings when he was a teenager
You don't know if even Luke tought him anything about lightsaber fighting, maybe Luke abandonded the use of lightsabers alltogether in his academy.

>he should have easily beaten black stormtrooper
He did.

>small girl with no force training
He wasn't trying to beat her, he was trying to take her as an apprentice and then she caught him offguard. Though I agree the literal hand to hand overpowerment from Rey was a bit too much, no matter that he was physically and emotionally wounded.
>>
I just hope they continue his character arc and actually make him understand/control the power he has or make him go to the light side. He was honestly the only good thing in TFA, his character is great start for a redemption arc.
>>
>>83962472
Most of /tv/ thinks Kylo Ren was the only positive redeeming thing from the TFA.
>>
>>83962823
>Somebody's gonna tell him that in ep 9 and he gonna go "oh"
Heh.

The existential crisis could be amusing.
>>
>>83962472
he isn't menacing
looks like a bitch
>>
>>83962856
>So nothing about the fact one of the main characters was a storm trooper?
His role as ex-stormtrooper was largely unexplored.

We know that he dislikes being involved in all the violence that comes with being a trooper, but that's it. I was pretty disappointed that we didn't find out exactly why he chose to desert while all other troopers remained loyal.
>>
>>83963029

This is Star Wars. Its plots and characters have been paint-by-numbers levels of shallow since day one.
>>
>>83964692
Fun fact, TR-8R was actually part of his training group in the novel. At least, that is what the theory is since that character was the only to use the stun stick.
>>
>>83964692
Can't be brainwashed if you don't have a brain.
>>
>>83964653
He'll just go full-on denial, it's not like there's any proof unless ghost space jesus decides to visit
>>
If they don't try to redeem I have no problem with him.
>>
>>83964752
Unless if Snoke or any of the Knights of Ren confirm it. He would still be in denial but have a sense of "what if" about it as well.
>>
>>83964747
I guess that's true.
>>
>>83964752
>He'll just go full-on denial
Heavily doubt that.

I suspect that he will lose the mask in The Last Jedi and stop being a wannabe Darth Vader after Luke tells him about the true last moments of Vader to try to reedem Kylo back, but that will only cement Kylo even more on the Dark Side while actually calling Vader weak because he felt the pull of the light, where Kylo straight up murdered his own father while feeling the same pull.
And maybe that's what that shot of the destroyed Kylo mask in the new trailer is about, Kylo dismissing the image of Darth Vader alltogether and becoming even more enraged and powerful because of it, maybe even killing Snoke at it.

Or I'm just giving too much thought in this studio cash-in franchise I don't know
>>
File: rey star wars x.webm (2MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
rey star wars x.webm
2MB, 1280x536px
>>83962823

>Rey doesn't have training

Wait till you see the backstory of Rey in the 2nd episode
>>
>>83964819
>chews with mouth open
REEEEEEEEEEEEY
>>
>>83964866
>grows up as a scavenger with no parents
Her tables manners in general are probably utter shit.
>>
>>83962785
>holding random people by the same standards as Hollywood actors
I don't pay $10 to see you faggots on a giant screen for two hours.
>>
>>83964889
So you want only 10/10 turbochads in every film you see, no matter what is it about?
Are you gay or autistic by any chance?
>>
>>83964918
It's always one extreme or the other with you dumbcunts.

No, fuckface, I just don't want to be assaulted with that ugly face as a main character.
>>
>>83964936
Not saying this is for Star Wars, but what if it serves the plot?
>>
>>83964936
>being "assaulted" by the meer presence of someone on-screen
You can't be serious.
>>
>>83964949
Then it's fine, but this is a Star Wars thread.
>>
>>83962472
>his character is deep and coomplex
>edgy teenager with daddy issues
>complex
fuck off m8
>>
>>83964975
I'm pretty sure he puts on the mask not just "to be like Vader" but to hide his "young sub-par" face so he can instill fear and dominance onto others with the mask (atleast he thinks he does)
And that's the reason why he takes it off when interrogating Rey, she literally tells him that he's a monster and he takes it off just to show her that he looks just as young/innocent/normal as she.
>>
>>83965015
Relatively speaking, that is kinda complex compared to the rest of the main cast.
>>
>>83962472
Kylo Ren, along with Unkar Plut and General Hux, were characters that were specifically designed to denegrate white males. Other than Han Solo, who's character was thoroughly ssassinated, then killed, there are no named white males in TFA for the audience to admire.

>Luke was a cowardly failure
>Kylo was a petulant edgy wannabe. His tantrums and awkward appearance are played for laughs
>General Hux was a brainwashed genocidal psychopath
>Unkar Plut (played by Simon Pegg) represented the stereotypical Star Wars nerd. As such, he possessed both Star Wars' past (the Millennium Falcon), and it's future (Rey). However, instead of doing anything productive with them, he was content to collect junk (useless EU trivia, toys, games) while Star Wars rotted in the desert. Rey's escape from Jakku and Plutt was meant to parallel the separation of the franchise from bloated, unpleasant fanboys and the start of a new era of Star Wars that would be specifically Female-led.

You might not have noticed these things. (spoiler)but your brain did(/spoiler)
>>
>>83965302
nice steaming autism my dude
>>
>>83965302
There are no black male ro admire either, unless you think that bumbling hapless runaway cowardly slave is a great character ever kid should look up to.
The main lead is still a WHITE female. Instead of crying about how white males are ridiculed, you should realize that it's actual all males that are ridiculed and the prominent characters are white females, Rey and Leia, and even Phasma to a certain extent. Her last part in the Starkiller BAse was just JJ Abrams rushing to finish this joke of a film.
Force Awakens is a white feminist fantasy created by a white feminist : Kathleen Kennedy.
>>
>>83962472
He's so fucking ugly. His face makes me want to vomit desu.
>>
>>83965783
Finn was a forced conscript who recognised the evil of the First Order, broke his conditioning and eventually joined the Resistance. He volunteered for dangerous mission to save a friend. Despite a few flaws (not I always being honest, at first wanting g to escape), he is meant to be an admirable character.

Po is an ace pilot and Resistance agent. He is resourceful and cool under pressure. He has no flaws.
>>
File: kylo the ren.png (64KB, 928x810px) Image search: [Google]
kylo the ren.png
64KB, 928x810px
Psshh... nothing personnel.... dad
>>
>>83962823

You think that he doesn't know that? You think he grew up knowing Darth Vader was his grandfather and no one was like, "wait btw he turned good and saved your uncle's life"
>>
>>83962472
>Why everyone hates Kylo Ren?
Everyone doesn't. He was a lot of people's favorite character in the new Star Wars, because he's a great character.
>>
>>83967219
>Kylo Ren
>dislikes Rey
He literally has a boner for her.
>>
>>83968457
>He literally has a boner for her.

So does everyone except Plut. And he get humiliated and robbed for it.
>Han offers her a job
>Finn wants to be her BF
>BB8 imprints on her
>Chewie "kind of likes" her
>The Orange frog gives her a lightsaber
>Smoke wants to train her
>Leia hugs her (despite having never met her) and sends her to find Luke (the Resistance's most important mission)
>Luke will no doubt think she's pretty awesome as well.

The only other named character who isn't interested in her is Po, but that's only because they've not yet met.
>>
>>83969671
The ultimate female fantasy: to be liked, admired and desired by everyone.
>>
>>83962472

terribly written, don't think leia and han's son would be that ugly, those are just the two off the top of my head, for eufriends I'd say he is a worse version of Jacen which is hard to do, they really fucked his characterization up in the end. So between all of those I'd say writing is probably worst part so far.
>>
File: 1482141595140.jpg (67KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
1482141595140.jpg
67KB, 599x588px
>>83969751

also to add onto my points, Vader loses to some technical shit that han does to another pilot that makes vader's ship spin out of control. And he also doesn't really lose in ESB either. Vader's entire arc has him standing above his son till the third movie. If you want to forgo the three act structure that starwars operates under, why is undermining your only decent villain the first thing you do?

She beat him in the first movie, there is nowhere to go from there unless they plan on redeeming him.

Same with phasma, if people remember Boba didn't lose till the third movie as well with the sarlacc, and he survived that.

Phasma got trash compacted like a bitch and now they're bringing her back?

All of their villains lost, how are they in any way a threat? any of them? They got beat by an even tinier version of the rebellion when they had equivalent of a small fleet army, and a fuck huge starbase.

In trying to copy original trilogy they somehow missed the point of the shit. It's astoundingly, badly fucking written.
>>
>>83962472

I don't hate Darth Dreidel. I just hate the actor.

He wasn't written great, but that could have been saved with better casting. The shit actor just made the character unbearable.
>>
>>83962472
Nice bait unless you are actually retarded.
The problem is not that he's not Darth Vader, the problem is that he tries to be Darth Vader. It's not interesting. He's not deep he's just an autistic angry kid and we've seen that more than once in the EU that normies hate so much.
Besides what made Star Wars great was a balance between fun and entertainment and somewhat interesting characters. Because merchandise was a big part of it.
If I were a kid I probably wouldn't be interested in buying a Kylo Ren action figure instead of a Darth Vader or Darth Maul one.
>>
>>83969671
>>83969695

Holy shit. I never noticed this.
>>
>>83962472
You call him a deep character when we don't even know his reason for being evil? He gets every opportunity to quit yet doesn't. He even kills his own dad. Why? What could possibly be worth it all? We don't know, and I don't believe we'll find out. Kylo a shit.
>>
He's an edgelord and only edgelors think he's a good character (no, the fact that he's an accurate depiction of an edge lord doesn't make him deep or a good character).
>>
>>83962873
Didn't stop him from kicking Finn and rey's asses until the last minute of the fight.
>>
>>83962472
no on cares about your manchild wars

kys.. ur gun get drafted soon!
>>
>>83962472
>B-but not muh badass
>He got beat by a girl and I'm mad! Unrealistic! The Force isn't about believing in yourself at all!
>Weak weak weak!
>I'll just be disingenuous about the clear direction the character is going in and keep getting angry that he doesn't act like a final level boss.
>Why did he take off/why does he wear the mask? I didn't pay attention to this simple character in this simple movie and still ask this question!
>He's famous and women like him even though he's so ugly. That makes me angry because I'm ugly too and nobody likes ME
These are the basic reasons I've run into on here.
>>
>>83962823
He does know that Vader turned good in the end, though. He just considers it Vader's one failing that he won't repeat. This was a scene in the novelization that never made it in the movie.
>>
>>83967241
He didn't grow up knowing Darth Vader was his grandfather. In fact, he only found out because it spread around as a public scandal when he was 23 years old. Shortly before he massacred Luke's Jedi. Leia and Luke had been hiding the information from the public and from him.
>>
>>83964402
>wanted the new stars wars, if anything, introduce some new interesting sith
>get kylo
>>
>>83969858
>there is nowhere to go form there unless they plan on redeeming him
Which is incredibly fucking obvious, man. You really think they're going to kill off the last Solo and Skywalker of breeding age? When they keep going on about how Star Wars is about hope and optimism? When Han is already gone and Carrie died? The people who think he's going to stay evil are delusional.

>>83971495
The Sith are gone because of Vader. All there are is dark side users.
>>
>>83970064
So because they didn't answer all your questions about the character in TFA you think they just straight up won't? When it was clearly set up as somewhat of a mystery and his relationship and past with Luke is going to be important based on the TLJ poster? That's retarded.
>>
>>83962610
Or you know.
The better female protagonist in a better movie with a better story.
>>
File: 56492658.jpg (22KB, 377x264px) Image search: [Google]
56492658.jpg
22KB, 377x264px
>>83971561
>>
>>83971561
Who died at the end of her 1 movie
>>
edgelords can't self insert as the badass bad guy
instead the bad guy is insecure and bitter which upsets the edgelords who are in denial about being insecure and bitter
very simple
>>
>>83971901
She'll be back.
Count on it.
>>
>>83962501
I remember people laughing out loud in the theater when he took off his mask.
>>
>>83973172
The humiliation must have been extremely painful.
>>
>>83971901
I'd like Rey a lot more if she died at the end of her 1 movie, too.
>>
>>83971561
>>83973112
>Rey and Jyn switch places
How much do their movies improve/get worse?
>>
>>83973197
I like to think Adma Driver went in theaters incognito to see people's reaction. Imagine how he felt when people started laughing
>>
>>83973197
Ren's a big guy.
>>
>>83962472
No complexity at all.

Tantrum throwing pussy.

Complete whimp who got beat in hand to hand combat by a girl.
>>
>>83973404
Can't picture Daisy doing the darker tone of Rogue One nor can I imagine Felicity doing the quirky scenes of Rey.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.