[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Year At Marienbad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: last year at marienbad.jpg (46KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
last year at marienbad.jpg
46KB, 400x519px
So I finally saw this. It was alright. I was hoping it would be a little creepier, it really didn't deliver quite the mindfuck I was hoping. That says, I'm more comfortable with non-narrative films than most are, so maybe I was expecting too much.

To me, the interpretation seems obvious. The whole film is an exploration of the male-female dynamic, especially the male dominance hierarchy and cuckoldry. Basically it's about a guy trying to control his wife and eventually losing control to a chadlier man.

I hope it's not just an inkblot test, because that's what I got out of it.
>>
>>83957582
You completely missed the point of this film. Even though your observations are quite juvenile and simplistic they are interesting if for no other reason than being evidence of someone out there who thinks so foolishly about Last Year at Marienbad.

It's not an inkblot test by any means, but on the other hand it's not the kind of film you can expect normies/redditors like you to pick up and fully appreciate.
>>
Not everything is about cuckoldry.
>>
>>83957582
You know people talk jokingly about how /pol/ posters are obsessed with blacks, cuckolidng, etc, and you assume people are only posting that to get at them and rile them up. But then you start noticing that this is no joke; /pol/ posters are literally obsessed with cuckolding and black cock so much so they project their obsessions in whatever they see.
>>
>>83957582
there is something deeply degenerate in the french
>>
>>83958297
>>83959428
>>83959544

You idiots just got rolled, there is literally another thread about the same movie in the catalog.
>>
>>83959544

If I sanitized the term to "infidelity" would that make my interpretation more palatable? The movie is clearly partially about a husband trying to be dominant and keep his wife away from another man. In the end he fails (as evidenced by closing monologue) and the cucking, we are left to assume, proceeds in earnest.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.