[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest opinion about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 23

What is your honest opinion about this?
>>
>>83950597
Whites are bad, something something racism privilege misogyny white supremacy oppression... something about minorities are treated bad and literally HITLER and Nazis
>>
5/10 at a best. watched the first episode then lost all interest in it. but i can recommend patriot, 10/10. really hope it gets a second season
>>
Looks like trash.
Refuse to watch it because I know it's revisionist history.
>>
>>83950597

Watched the first 4 episodes. Not gonna finish it. I'll just read the book because the idea is interesting but the show isn't
>>
>>83950597

Things don't even make sense in the story's universe, which is unforgiveable.
>>
>>83950761
...what?
>>
I would have rather watched a series about the old woman in charge of the Handmaids. She's the most interesting character in the series.
>>
I shame wanked to it every week desu, the cunt wife is hot as fuck
>>
File: blessed lol.jpg (4KB, 136x147px) Image search: [Google]
blessed lol.jpg
4KB, 136x147px
>>83950597
>Beginning with a staged attack that kills the President and most of Congress, a Christian fundamentalist movement calling itself the "Sons of Jacob" launches a revolution and suspends the United States Constitution under the pretext of restoring order. They are quickly able to take away women's rights, largely attributed to financial records being stored electronically and labelled by sex. The new regime, the Republic of Gilead, moves quickly to consolidate its power and reorganize society along a new militarized, hierarchical regime of Old Testament-inspired social and religious fanaticism among its newly created social classes. In this society, human rights are severely limited and women's rights are even more curtailed; for example, women are forbidden to read.
How is this a dystopian tale? It's basically paradise, ffs.
>>
>>83950597
the people who like it annoy me
so I probly wont ever watch it
>>
>>83950597
straight up freudian female fantasy disguised as speculative fiction

7/10. Was a well done show, even if the plot is stupid
>>
>>83950597
Thought about it, but I can't stand that ladies face. Worst part of Mad Men desu
>>
>>83950994
Its a dystopia because:

1) there is a demographic crisis, most men and women are sterile
2) that ultra-conservative society is almost as restrictive on men as it is on women (except men arent technically forced to be baby factories), which is why it starts to fall apart.
>>
>>83950994
This is basically many muslim countries today. Why is it a dystopia? This model will be implemented in the west by muslim migrants
>>
>>83951226
Didn't this literally happen in Iran in the 70s?
>>
Dropped it because of the race traitor protag. If it smells like SJW shit, then it likely is SJW shit.

Thanks for making it clear within the first 5 minutes, though.
>>
>>83951251
I'm pretty sure that's what inspired Atwood's novel
>>
>>83951251
>>83951386
Correct. Book was inspired by the Iranian revolution in the 70s which led to the muslim takeover.
>>
>>83950994
Sounds like sharia law.
>>
>>83950994
> old testament
Cant the left ever criticize christians on the book they actually use? They dont even realize that attacking old testament beliefs is just anti-semitism.
>>
>>83950597

Needs more oppression. I was barely able to wack off to any of it.
>>
>>83951790
They're not really criticizing Christianity though, more just religious fundamentalism as a whole. I don't recall them ever mentioning Jesus, or showing a crucifix. The only time anyone even enters a Church, it's filled with executed prisoners.

At most, I think they mention Abraham because of the fertility crisis.
>>
>>83951925
I didnt watch it mate. Dont reply to me ever again.
>>
It's so common for those backwards Christians to practice female genital mutilation!
>>
We are told men are just as oppressed but it isn't shown in the show.

We are told women are just as bad as the men but its shown even the women in power have emotions.

The white men in power are all evil and uncaring.

The white men not in power are all conniving and uncaring.

It's SJW the show.

One of the last attempts the libtard left SJW media has at rekindling itself on tv before it finally dies. Really I think we can thank the likesof GoT forcing it down our throats. This will be one of the final nails in the coffin.
>>
I remembered dit got heaps of hype when it first came out but then no one talked about it since.

have leftists dropped it too?
>>
>>83950597
Moss was always the actor on Mad Men with the most talent.

Top of the Lake was great.

I expect nothing less.
>>
File: IMG_2593.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2593.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
>>83950597
Fucking EPIC!!!
>>
>>83950597
Leftists will say this is what christian conservatism leads to but everything they do is literally practiced today by Africans/Muslims everyday.
>>
>>83950597
Try hard
>>
>>83952010
This. Trump's going to make shows like this illegal soon.
>>
>>83952024
Probably dropped it the second they started to draw parallels between the show characters and third world shitholes IRL.
>>
>>83952010
>We are told men are just as oppressed but it isn't shown in the show.
The driver has to sleep in a fucking shack and can't leave. One of the first things Offred says is "he hasn't even been assigned a wife".

>We are told women are just as bad as the men but its shown even the women in power have emotions.
Emotions don't mean shit, actions do. The president of Mexico does nothing to help and wants to take handmaids for her own country.

>The white men in power are all evil and uncaring.
They show several white men who have loving families and deeply care for their handmaids.

>The white men not in power are all conniving and uncaring.
What about the Mexican guy who offered to send a message to Offred's surviving husband in Canada?

>It's SJW the show.
Did you even watch the fucking thing?
>>
File: hmt_03.jpg (488KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
hmt_03.jpg
488KB, 1200x1800px
It's a chilling vision of Donald Trump's America
>>
>>83952128
> reddit spacing
What can we infer from this?
>>
File: 234346.png (124KB, 290x231px) Image search: [Google]
234346.png
124KB, 290x231px
>>83952146
Were they trying to be shocking with the explicitly of that poster? Because it's just juvenile and embarrassing.
>>
>>83952128
The Mexican helps the white woman oppressed by the white men to get a message to her nigger husband in Canada.

Oh vey what a good goy, here have a shekel.
>>
>>83952146
Islamophobia: the show.
>>
Couldn't they have picked a better looking actress?
>>
>>83951991
really makes you think
>>
>>83952252
Like whom?
>>
>>83952252
They want to be realistic you fucking goy. There are no attractive, female bodied white women, you need to sleep with blacks for that.
>>
This is the only show I wear my prostate massager the entire episode.
>>
>>83952220
It's the US, most of the rich and powerful are obviously going to be white. If they were black you would have bitched about diversity casting anyway.
>>
>>83952260

Lena Dunham.
>>
>>83952289
Why not make a drama about a muslim woman dealing with day to day oppression and physical abuse.

It'd have the added bonus of being realistic.
>>
>>83952321
Lena would want to add to much to the source material.
>>
>>83952338
Because Islam is a diverse and beautiful cultural tradition and denigrating it is a hate crime
>>
>>83952378
*too
>>
When will they do The Turner Diaries? Oh wait, that's on the wrong side of the political compass, lel.
>>
>>83952338
Because it's based on a book that was written in the 1980s? The author of the book took inspiration from Iran, Afghanistan, and the Philippines anyway. So calm your shit.

>It'd have the added bonus of being realistic.
You know there was a time before SJW-dominated politics, right? Back then, the Christian Right actually held political sway and was a major concern.
>>
>>83952467
>Back then, the Christian Right actually held political sway and was a major concern.

Yes, and women were kept as property, correct?
>>
>>83952467
>Back then, the Christian Right actually held political sway and was a major concern.
This has never happened in the US. Never. Prove me wrong, you colossal faggot.
>>
>>83950597

I hate to have to say this since it's a meme at this point, but this is 100% a "just read the book" situation. Not trying to be an elitist faggot, but the book is simply better. The series is tepid as fuck and doesn't even begin to do it justice.
>>
>>83952499
They fundamentally opposed Feminism and the idea of an independent woman, so yes?
>>
>>83952520
>>83952499
Why are underage kids allowed to post here?
>>
>>83952537
Most women fundamentally oppose feminism.
>>
>>83950761
It's not, it's alternate history dystopia.
>>
>>83952467
>Christian Right actually held political sway
>Major Concern
Yes, to live during this time was to suffer truly
>>
>>83952520
Teaching evolution in schools is still an ongoing debate you retard. Who do you think is opposing it?
>>
File: 1493174247438.png (59KB, 214x223px) Image search: [Google]
1493174247438.png
59KB, 214x223px
>>83950597

It's either cringe leftism, or an awesomely subversive commentary on fundie Islam that's baiting leftists.

I can't decide which.
>>
>>83952575
SJW shit is different to the kind of Feminism practiced back then.
>>
>>83952537
>>83952575
This, ask any normal girl privately if they're a feminists and they will say "fuck no". The majority of women like being on a pedestal, feminism threatens that.
>>
>>83952600
>muh evolution
You're not even trying.
>>
>>83952575
Yes, anon, women fundamentally oppose personal freedom and rights.
>>
>>83952643
You completely missed his point.
>>
>>83952630
No, it's not. It's a logical and steady conclusion to the core idea: women don't belong in a home being mothers. The same vitriol and psychopathy existed when they were burning bras.
>>
>>83952669
>personal freedom and rights

No, they fundamentally oppose personal responsibility and accountability, fully realized feminism would secure both.
>>
>>83952683
>women don't belong in a home being mothers

Wrong. The core point is that women don't want to be forced into being mothers and home makers. They want the ability to choose their future, the same as any man.
>>
>>83952678
Enlighten me then.
>>
>>83952712
>Same as a man
Family court grossly favors women when it comes to child custody and alimony. Men aren't free from The Family dichotomy either.
>>
File: 1497368028891.png (730KB, 698x734px) Image search: [Google]
1497368028891.png
730KB, 698x734px
>>83952128
Holy shit
BTFO
>>
>>83952712
Tell that to any woman that supports being a housewife in this day and age. They get attacked regularly.
>>
>>83950597
>muh #resist
>>
>>83952467
Thank goodness we have rampant degeneracy, Islamic terror, the destruction of the family, and liberal dogma to save us from peace, liberty, and decency.
>>
>>83952733
Evolution is still being contested because Christian faith still has a foot in the door when it comes to politics. Why else would government officials oppose Evolution if not because of their religion.
>>
>>83952709
I get that someone hurt you and projecting is a decent self-defense tool, but you're not making much sense here.
>>
>>83952733
I made the post, so I will. The Christian Right has opposed the teaching of evolution and many forms of sexual education in schools. In some scenarios, they want a specific type of sexual education that promotes their agenda, like abstinence-only sex education.

So yes, the Christian Right has political sway.
>>
>>83952709
If it's really about equality, then why not call yourself egalitarian?

Feminism means female supremacy, and you know it.
>>
>>83952759
>They get attacked regularly.
No, anon, feminists writing shitty entries on their tumblr blogs isn't an attack. Just like your shitposting isn't an attack against feminists.

Look up the horseshoe theory. You'll get a chuckle or two.
>>
>>83952799
>that promotes their agenda

Pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>83952784
How about you come up with an actual argument instead of throwing useless ad hominems at me.
>>
>>83952600
>>83952467
There is no Christian tradition of clitordectomy, or of banning women from learning to read and use currency
>>
>>83952744
Men having issues as well doesn't somehow invalidate Feminism.

>>83952759
Like who?
>>
>>83952838
>he honestly thinks he's not pushing an agenda
Damn, somebody actually convinced you shistposting for free would change the world.
>>
>>83952824
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kaley-cuoco-sweeting-apologizes-saying-761019

Nope. Not going to let you dismiss this. Her crime: telling people she enjoys being a housewife and taking care of her man. They're for personal choice as long as it's the same as their choice.
>>
>>83952843
I mean, you're pretty much twisting the definition of feminism to fit your current, shitty argument. I don't feel the need to argue against that, no.
>>
>>83952778
Why do you think steering hard to the right-wing will somehow be positive for us? These religious groups are vocally against modern scientific principles. Stop trying to throw civilization away just because you were told to check your privilege.
>>
>>83952799
>So yes, the Christian Right has political sway.
Not as much as the tobacco lobby or McDonalds.

If anything, muh evolution proves only that the Christian right has lost the thread and can only muster the strength to squabble about petty issues. Next thing you'll bring up gay marriage, lel.
>>
>>83952860
Men having issues invalidates your point that men are free to choose their freedom. Why all the noise for one gender when both are fairly equally trapped by Family.
>>
>>83952853
So fucking what? The show is against totalitarianism and religious fundamentalism as a whole. It's not specifically about Christianity.
>>
>>83952863
>he honestly thinks it's only the evil Christian right that pushes an agenda
Damn, public programming actually convinced you to drink the Kool Aid.
>>
>>83952853
>moving the goalposts already
Fucking christfags, kek.

>>83952884
>Nope. Not going to let you dismiss this.
What, shitty comments online that forced an actress to apologize just to keep her brand going? Is that really your best definition of an "attack" against "traditional" housewives?

Congrats, you're an SJW.
>>
>>83952897
>stop trying to throw civilization away
You're living in the waning years of the pre-Islamic era. Savor it.
>>
>>83950597
The core idea could have made a great show, but it's not. The character are pretty flat, either straight evil or good. There's no real character developement even if they could have made Serena or the commander more grey characters, played the traumatism and necessity,of handmaids because of the fertility crisis more intelligently... But not, it's just evil religious fanatics versus poor oppressed people. The actors aren't very good either. The only good character is Aunt Lydia.
>>
>>83952924
Because they clearly weren't? If you're a man, you could choose to be an engineer, a doctor, a scientist, a police officer, etc. etc. There was once a time where, as a woman, you only had one choice: housewife.
>>
>>83952931
>moving the goalposts
The Handmaid's Tale is projection, it is blaming Christians for activities they NEVER pursued, not even in the most oppressive medieval times.
>>
>>83952757
What's this man's name, again?
>>
>>83952928
>already imitating the posting style for easy quips
Which retard are you, the one moving the goalposts or the one projecting like a little kid?
>>
>>83952889
>I don't like your opinion so I'm gonna ignore you

You have to go back.
>>
>liberals in charge of doing anything without referencing some mediocre pop culture garbage
>>
>>83952943
Remember how you feel, right now. The terror that Islamic groups are growing in the West. The fear that Muslims are representing a larger and larger voting bloc. Focus on that feeling.

That's *exactly* how the author felt. Except she didn't call it an Islamic or Christian problem, but a problem with religious extremism as a whole.
>>
Just finished the last episode. It was all right. The directing was pretty bad at times. The music choices were awful, every dramatic moment is in slow motion.

Moss is one of the best actresses right now even if she is ass ugly
>>
>>83950597
Mildly interesting concept filled with boring uninteresting characters.
>>
>>83952985
>literally triggered over being ignored
Have a (You), don't slam your head on the wall. It frightens your mom.
>>
>>83952957
Is that any less noble. Why is caring for children and being the backbone of civilization suddenly a bad thing?
>>
>>83952957
Sincere question:

How do you sustain an open, liberal society that no longer reproduces? You need 2.1 children per woman just to continue to exist as a nation, and every nation that becomes wealthy, educated and "free" fails to meet these numbers
>>
>>83952957
If you're a man you could choose to be drafted and mutilated or more probably killed in a war you had no say over while women fought for your right to do with white feathers.
>>
>>83950761

>le logical and rational alt right man who won't fact check
>>
>>83952806
>then why not call yourself egalitarian?

Why not just call it activism? No matter your belief, you're an activist right? :^)

Egalitarianism is about race, gender, class, sexuality, fucking everything. Of course sub-dividing it is helpful.
>>
>>83953036
>more powerful men took advantage of the average joe and forced him to fight wars
>this is women's fault
>>
>>83953059
I know why you chose not to quote the second part (and you do too.) Have a (You) even though you did nothing to earn it.
>>
>>83952931
>moving the goalposts already
Gilead is seriously more sexist and oppressive than living in the fucking Holy Roman Empire in the year 800, it's major hyperbole
>>
File: 740full-elisabeth-moss[1].jpg (165KB, 740x1018px) Image search: [Google]
740full-elisabeth-moss[1].jpg
165KB, 740x1018px
My attraction to Elisabeth Moss's androgynous appearance makes me question my sexuality. Even showing her nice boobs, there's something boyish about her. It's a bit disturbing but my boner doesn't care.
>>
>>83953016
>triggered
Huh, were you not the triggered one 3 posts ago when you refused to acknowledge a valid observation of modern women trying to avoid personal responsibility(being drunk means I was raped) and Accountability(Give me abortions so I can flush my mistakes on government dime)
>>
>>83953078
women supported it and still do
>>
File: ColliersWeekly.jpg (51KB, 450x432px) Image search: [Google]
ColliersWeekly.jpg
51KB, 450x432px
>>83953078
>this is women's fault
This is.
>>
>>83953022
It's not a bad thing, not having the CHOICE is the bad thing. Women should be allowed to work or be a housewife, it's up to them, not society.

>>83953027
>every nation that becomes wealthy, educated and "free" fails to meet these numbers

Take Japan for instance. Interviews with locals suggests that the average person there doesn't feel financially secure enough to have children. I think stronger social programs would go a long way to making them feel more at ease about having kids.
>>
>>83953094
Because it's about addressing equality from the female perspective? I thought that was obvious.
>>
>>83953078
You know women have been able to vote for over a hundred years, right?
>>
>>83953135
>I think stronger social programs would go a long way to making them feel more at ease about having kids
The strongest social programs in the world are in Scandinavia and the natives don't have kids there either.
>>
>>83953135
And we come full circle to what another anon said in an earlier post, if CHOICE is the intention, then why are women today that choose to be housewives publicly shamed by "feminists"?
>>
>>83953171
>social programs
Is code for mass immigration.
>>
>>83953194
>then why are women today that choose to be housewives publicly shamed by "feminists"?

But they're not, though. I asked for evidence the last time you posted this and got some strange article about a celebrity.
>>
>>83953171
>the natives don't have kids there either
https://www.thelocal.se/20160316/swedes-are-europes-third-best-baby-makers
>>
>>83953135
And if every woman chooses not to have children, what then? Civilization collapses because of a bitch fit?
>>
>>83953229
Here's a feminist who became a housewife talking about the social stigma she faces

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/02/housewife-feminist-baby
>>
>>83953253
"Swedes"
>>
>>83953253
>"Swedish" babies
How many of them are called Mohammed?
>>
>>83953255
What a stupid fucking hypothetical. What if every man refuses to have sex with women because of online pornography?

Is that somehow an excuse to take all men captive and drain them of their cum? Just in case?
>>
>>83953324
>Stupid fucking hypothetical

Hey just like the show in OPs post!
>>
>>83953371
BRN
>>
>>83953298
>>83953318
Birthrates were at their peak before the migrant crisis you obsessed freaks.

>>83953274
Did... did you even read that article?

She's beaming about how happy she is to be a mother. The fucking title is "I love being a housewife and that doesn’t make me any less of a feminist"
>>
File: sweden yes.png (9KB, 665x83px) Image search: [Google]
sweden yes.png
9KB, 665x83px
>>83953253
>>83953318
>>83953298

From the same source:

https://www.thelocal.se/20081103/15408
>>
>>83953127
My grandfather was getting his doctorate in biochemistry when WWII broke out. He tried to enlist, but the US government refused on grounds that he was more valuable as a scientist than as cannon fodder. My grandmother always told me how angry she got because other women would walk up to him in public, call him a coward, and try to shame him. Of course they weren't interested in why he wasn't at war; they were only interested in everyone with a penis being sent off to die while they sat around sipping coffee. Every time I think about this I get so fucking enraged because my grandfather was the nicest, most intelligent person, but these bitches made him feel so ashamed.
>>
>>83953393
The minimum required fertility rate is 2.1.

The fantastic, excellent, best in Europe rate enjoyed by Swedish women is a whopping 1.8.

Somali-born women living in Sweden do have 3.9 children though, which is helping increase the country's total population.

It won't be Sweden anymore, but who cares?
>>
>>83953371
It's based on real life scenarios and voting trends. Your fear of ALL women not having kids because of a planet-wide 'bitch fit' is possibly the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.
>>
>>83953027
>You need 2.1 children per woman just to continue to exist as a nation

Why do you say that? Yes, you need a bit over two children per female in order to maintain a particular level of population but why is keeping the currently level considered essential? What if the United States had 150 million instead of 330 million? Obviously at some point you'd need to get to the 2.1 children per female level in order to not drop to zero but why does that need to be now? Wouldn't a healthy country of 150 million be better than a strained country of 330 million (and counting)?

Most of the "growth at all costs" arguments seem to revolve around generational Ponzi schemes that shouldn't exist in the first place.
>>
File: 2020.png (156KB, 900x536px) Image search: [Google]
2020.png
156KB, 900x536px
>>83953425
>>83953324
2.1 is the magic number.

Look at the sheer number of countries that are going to be experiencing population decline.

>but the world is overpopulated, population decline is good
Sure, but they're not just going to leave their countries empty, they'll be replaced.

By religious fundamentalists
>>
>>83953423
*chirping cricket*
>>
>>83953394
As I said, the Swedish birthrate was at its highest before the migrant crisis.

>>83953423
So are we just ignoring the link between social programs and birth rate and now focusing on how brown Sweden will be? ...Once again.

>It won't be Sweden anymore, but who cares?

Why do you even care? Globalization has made Sweden less Swedish than any Somali ever will. Guess what language everyone speaks there now? Fucking English, not Arabic. But I guess when its Europeans culturally dominating other Europeans, we turn a blind eye.
>>
ugly colour filter.
>>
>>83953423
Ireland had 1.9 in 2016 with 10% non whites
>>
File: 1449103027583.jpg (51KB, 720x757px) Image search: [Google]
1449103027583.jpg
51KB, 720x757px
>>83953481
>Why do you even care? Globalization has made Sweden less Swedish than any Somali ever will. Guess what language everyone speaks there now? Fucking English, not Arabic. But I guess when its Europeans culturally dominating other Europeans, we turn a blind eye.
We're done here.
>>
>>83953514
American pop songs are played on every radio from London to Russia. Learning English is mandatory in most European schools too.

Which begs the question, why are you so worried about Sweden not being Sweden anymore as a result of the Arab world, and not of the Western world?
>>
File: 1471111776003.jpg (574KB, 1515x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1471111776003.jpg
574KB, 1515x1600px
This is a glorious Sweden thread now.
>>
File: Oliver1116s.jpg (67KB, 850x475px) Image search: [Google]
Oliver1116s.jpg
67KB, 850x475px
>>83953467
You're describing a non-event.

If a country's population declines, there are calls for mass migration. Loud, bellicose calls from the most secular, tolerant, educated, left-wing and socialist-minded people. "We can't keep our pensions up, let them in!"
>>
>>83953567
Because he's a shitskin pretending to be white pretending to care about Sweden.
>>
>>83952669
What rights are feminists still fighting to achieve?
>>
>>83953467
B-B-BUT WHO'S GONNA PAY FOR MUH RETIREMENT?!?! THEM LAZY YOUNG GENERATIONS WON'T DO IT SO I NEED IMMIGRANTS TO PAY FOR MUCH FREE MONEY
>>
ITT: discussion on /tv/ series turns into a /pol/ thread.
>>
>>83953567
>I'd rather become more like Somalia than America

>>83953603
Eat shit
>>
>>83953634
if anything it's a testament to the shittiness of the subject matter that no one even bothers to bring the thread back to the original topic
>>
File: 1477922740476.jpg (550KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1477922740476.jpg
550KB, 2560x1707px
>one cuck arguing for feminism
>>
>>83953567
Because one is more of the same and compatible, while the other literally wants to destroy western culture and implement Sharia Law, and they don't even hide that fact. Even moderates hate the west.
>>
>>83953567
Because Americans don't storm into your country, build new homes there, throw bombs at you and go around raping everybody.

We only did that once, to Indians.
>>
>>83953659
>missing the point this much

God you people are delusional. What I'm trying to say is, Arabs aren't the biggest threat to national identity in the West. European cultures aren't changing to be more like those in the Middle East and Africa. They're changing to be more like the United States.
>>
>>83953740
I don't think Americans are immigrating to Europe and out breeding them.

But, you believe whatever you wanna believe.
>>
>>83953740
Changing you're culture is not the same as being completely replaced(violently) by another culture.
>>
>>83953740
Yeah, it's just like the American colonization of Iraq and South Vietnam. Fucking Americans everywhere in those places now, the natives have been displaced completely.
>>
>>83953695
>Because one is more of the same and compatible
So cultural conquest is okay so long as its other white people doing it and not brown guys?

>the other literally wants to destroy western culture and implement Sharia Law
Two different things. And there's nowhere near enough Muslims in any developed European country to implement Sharia Law. The difference is, Arabs have no hope of changing European culture, while the US does and has done.

>Even moderates hate the west.
With good reason to be fair.
>>
>>83953859
>With good reason to be fair.

Oh, and I thought you were serious.

Silly me.
>>
>>83953859
>So cultural conquest is okay so long as its other white people doing it and not brown guys?

Brown guys don't bring in Western culture; so, obviously they are worse.
>>
File: khan.png (325KB, 1000x574px) Image search: [Google]
khan.png
325KB, 1000x574px
>>83953859
>The difference is, Arabs have no hope of changing European culture
>>
>>83950736
>5/10 at a best. watched the first episode then lost all interest in it.
3/10. Shit is even more boring after the first episode. The dystopian future doesn't make much sense and gets worse each following episode.

>but i can recommend patriot, 10/10. really hope it gets a second season
That was some funny, dark shit. It got renewed for Season 2 in April.
>>
>>83953767
Why are you so fixated on the out breeding? At the end of the day, European culture is changing. It's stupid to get so fired up about it in one scenario, but not the other.

>>83953792
>Changing you're culture is not the same as being completely replaced by another culture

It literally is.
>>
>>83953910
>>83953859

Fuck off Ahmed.
>>
>>83953567
>American imperialism is forcing Europeans to learn English
Where was the English language invented again?
>>
>>83953910
>dealing with a shitty Wal-Mart popping up in your town is basically the same as the Armenian Genocide
el oh el
>>
>>83953910
I think he worded it badly, one is simply an adoption of American/English culture while another is an adoption of Islamic cultures AND people.
>>
>>83953879
>supporting dictators
>funding terrorist groups
>drone strikes even though their margin for error is massive
>toppling democratically elected governments

Come on, if you were in the Middle East you would be pissed off too.
>>
>>83953975
>I'm so mad about Americans bombing my homeland that I'm going to murder a bunch of French people at a stadium and German people out shopping and English people at a concert
???
>>
>>83953910
>It literally is

I'll give you a hint as to how they are NOT the same; change happens at will, being replaced happens in front of a gun(or bomb)
>>
>>83953995
All people in the west are the same and deserve it because they're literally Hitler.
>>
>>83953966
Except Islamic Cultures are never adopted, they are forced down your throat at knifepoint.
>>
>>83953901
Sadiq Khan is Pakistani, which isn't Arab. Just sayin.

Also 'critics charge London's new mayor has other reasons for banning such images'. If anything, it sounds like discrimination from the other side instead. Do you really think it's likely? A man born and raised in Britain, seeing images like that his whole life, just suddenly deciding he doesn't like them?
>>
>>83953600
It's funny to see how that's playing out in Japan since it is very homogeneous and xenophobic but has a rapidly aging population. Liberals of course have proposed letting in scores of refugees as the "solution" to the aging problem but I suspect Japan is going to stick to its ways and just invent caretaker robots instead.

Mildly related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc
>>
>>83954035
>A man born and raised in Britain, seeing images like that his whole life, just suddenly deciding he doesn't like them?
Here he is telling Iranian television he's not one of those "Uncle Tom moderate Muslims"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmNklYulZ_E
>>
File: IMG_0672.jpg (69KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0672.jpg
69KB, 800x480px
>>83953740
Then jump over to /pol/ and join a thread. This is /tv/. This is an excellent series. Fantastic acting. Great script. Great direction. Deal with it.
>>
>>83953135
Who gives a fuck about choice faggot? There are many things in life you don't get a choice about and just have to fucking deal with it. Creating new generations to prolong your civilization and people is one of those things
>>
>>83953933
>All of Europe has the same culture and language

>>83953964
The point was about cultural change. Contemporary Arabs really haven't done much to influence European culture. Every time they try to make life like it was in the Middle East, they get shut down hard.

>>83953966
>AND people.

...But why does it matter? People have been migrating since the dawn of time. British identity isn't going to be ransacked because there are people with a slightly darker shade of skin living there, so long as they maintain British ways and customs.
>>
File: typical british people.png (2MB, 1018x618px) Image search: [Google]
typical british people.png
2MB, 1018x618px
>>83954137
>so long as they maintain British ways and customs
Such as?
>>
>>83953393
You do realize people have been shitting on Sweden for mass importing shit skins long before 2015, which is when the migrant crisis went full force?
>>
>>83954090
Then jump over to /lgbt/ and join a thread. This is /tv/. Whens the new Blacked out?
>>
>>83954003
>change happens at will

Many people are happy to accept migrants into their countries and learn about their culture?

>being replaced happens in front of a gun(or bomb)

Yeah, on a massive fucking scale. Killing handfuls of people with each attack isn't going to change the culture of a nation.
>>
>>83953634
>A blatantly political show brings political discussion
Wow, whodathunk?
>>
>>83950597
why does this actress still keep getting work? I hate her face so goddamn much
>>
File: 1436624522150.jpg (51KB, 537x555px) Image search: [Google]
1436624522150.jpg
51KB, 537x555px
>>83954207
>on a massive fucking scale
>>
>>83954207
>isn't going to change the culture of a nation

It already has you fucking muppet, police armed to the teeth with military gear, mass surveillance, free-speech being infringed upon. Each time some disturbed Akmed blows himself up the country gets closer and closer to being a fullon police state with no freedom.
>>
>>83953859
>So cultural conquest is okay so long as its other white people doing it and not brown guys?
Yes, that is how it works, and if I were a brown man, I would desire the opposite
>>
>>83954090
Wrong person? I've been defending this show the entire time. I think it's pretty solid and I didn't get SJW vibes at all.

>>83954072
He said you can't just speak to people who agree with your viewpoint on things. Did you even watch the video? The point is there are non-moderate Muslims he has to also consider, because they represent part of the voting population.

>>83954118
>Who gives a fuck about choice faggot?

Clearly the Feminists fighting for it you massive retard?

>There are many things in life you don't get a choice about and just have to fucking deal with it

You sound like a pussy. They fought for their beliefs and won, stop fucking bitching.
>>
>>83954282
By this guy's standards, the offensive thing about that pic is those poor British girls having foreign American flags forcibly imposed on them.
>>
>>83954312
>The point is there are non-moderate Muslims he has to also consider, because they represent part of the voting population.
Are you saying they... influence the society?
>>
>>83954312
>They fought for their rights
>fought
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Bitchily and moaning for white men to grant you priveleges isn't fighting
>>
>>83954282
Don't be disingenuous. My point was that that violent kind of 'replacement' has to be done on the scale of an all-out invasion. Immigration is a different issue.

Also, I know you see all the girls in that photo as just "Muslim", but have you considered they might all have varying backgrounds and therefore different cultures too?
>>
File: tumblr_o7er8aMFaw1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg (248KB, 1280x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7er8aMFaw1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg
248KB, 1280x810px
>>83954090
lol fuck off sjw faggot

this show is total crash. western womyn are so spoiled and privileged they have to make up fantasies where they are oppressed

fuck white woymn
>>
>>83954397
Who fucking cares if they have different cultures? Their culture isn't fucking British, and thus doesn't belong in fucking Britain
>>
>>83954342
People who can vote can influence a country? Yeah, no shit. Literally everyone can do that. But it's on such a small scale, you should be equally (if not more) worried about white supremacist groups than radical Islamists.
>>
File: 1320529223886.jpg (27KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
1320529223886.jpg
27KB, 363x310px
>>83954436
>you should be equally (if not more) worried about white supremacist groups than radical Islamists
>>
>>83954432
It's funny how you never hear people say this about the Polish.
>>
In my house, the immediate discussion was, "Would we get out in time?" The series provoked the question, "If things got this bad, would we as a couple, sense the danger, and leave before we were trapped?" Living in Texas, with the current political climate and the laws that have been passed, the series became much more real.
>>
>>83954477
Except you do. Poles are not welcomed in Britain with open arms.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36656348
>>
>>83954436
most white countries have more radical islamists than white supremacists.
>>
>>83954436
>you should be equally (if not more) worried about white supremacist groups than radical Islamists.
Oh? When's the last time a white supremacist group vomited a terrorist attack? Even still, any "attacks" committed by white supremacists are dwarfed by muslims. And what a fucking cuck you are, if you're actually white. Why the fuck would I be worried about white supremacists if I'm white, them winning directly benefits me and my kin
>>
>>83954477
Yes they do faggot. There were threads a year ago on /pol/ and /int/ about some qt polish girl killing herself because British slags bullied her. And I don't think Poles should flood Britain just as shit skins shouldnt. Poles are only marginally better on account if them being white
>>
>>83950597
One of the worst shows I have ever seen.
>>
>>83951790
Perhaps when fundamentalists Christians stop referencing the old testament
>>
>>83951790
Christian fundies love the Old Testement, what are you talking about?

The bulk of the 'Hurrr Christianity sez no' shit to stuff like homosexuality and abortion comes from that half of the Bible.
>>
>>83954986
Anti-fag shit is in the New Testament too.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.