[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you justify the actioins of Darth Vader?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: darth-vader-1-cover-header.jpg (243KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-1-cover-header.jpg
243KB, 1536x864px
He killed alot of jedis and rebels - how would you justify it?
>>
>>83948863
The Emperor foresaw the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong and realized that the only was to defend the galaxy was the bring all the systems together and create a unilateral government and army. Just like in real life, fascism and authoritarianism are the best forms of government for 1)war 2)struggling economies
>>
It's not hard. The Jedi were kinda trying to pull a coup based on nothing more than the chancellors religious beliefs.
>>
Why would I have to justify it when he did nothing wrong?
>>
He was a good friend.
>>
So the rebels were wrong?
>>
>Palpatine tricked Anakin into pledging his loyalty to him to save Padme
>Bananakin stays with Palpatine cause he a loyal nigga
>>
Maybe there's a plot twist where the rebels and jedis are actually all just brainwashed into doing "the right thing" when it is actually "the wrong thing"
>>
>>83948863
>killing those raiders
100% justified. His mom should have been rescued by the Jedi.
>joining up with Palpatine
Palps promised him that he could save Padme, actual results compared to the non-intervention of child kidnapping Jedi who didnt want him joining up in the first place.
>killing the kids
Palps ordered him and the dude was loyal. He could also see it as a form of mercy kill, since those kids had no parents, no friends outside of the temple, so on so forth. He could see himself in those poor kids, and he didn't want the suffering that befell him to go onto them.
>killing the Jedi
He hated the Jedi, for they were not willing to save his mother. They forbade ANY relationships. The only positive he saw was getting off tatooine, away from his slave friends. Oh. The Jedi ripped him from his life, his family and friends.
>Killing padme
Only thing he did wrong.
>attacking Obi Wan
To him, Obi Wan represented the jedi order. Vader had singlehandedly killed the Jedi, and killing obi wan would finish the job.
>killing the rebels
Justified, they had conducted rebellion against his empire. It is not a crime to defend what you love from people that want to take it away. Only cucks would let that shit fly.
>>
>>83950372
>Killing padme
She killed herself
>>
>>83948863
Reparations.

Cos he's a niggar, NIGGARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
>>
Reminder that the CIS sans Dooku is objectively the only "good" faction in all of Star Wars.
>>
>>83950581
no he isnt
>>
The rebels are literally terrorists, whether right or not and that was Darth Vader, not Anakin. They are implied to be two completely different "characters" with Anakin going away after his defeat on Mustafar and only returning before throwing Sheev down the hole.
>>
File: 1439278494515.jpg (109KB, 450x631px) Image search: [Google]
1439278494515.jpg
109KB, 450x631px
The truth is Darth Vader was working for the rebellion on the inside. He was too heavily involved to pull out and decided to sacrifice himself so that his son could defeat the Emperor.
It became obvious when the death star was destroyed, an impossible feat without a high ranking official helping.
Watch this if you're not convinced, everything is in plain sight if you rise above the official narrative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW9mBIYTs20
>>
>>83948863
I don't. Redeeming Vader was shitty writing. Killing the Emperor does not make up for all the murder, torturing, blowing up planets, etc. that Vader did in his life.
>>
Jedi are usurpers, rebels are traitors.

Some planets were made safer by the coming of the Empire. Rebels create instability and ruin normal peoples lives because they dislike the government.

There.
>>
>>83948968
not canon
>>
>>83950372
>>83950542
Luke and Leia did that.
>>
>>83948863
>He killed alot of jedis and rebels - how would you justify it?
From my point of view, the Jedi are evil.
>>
>Return of the Jedi
>Coruscant is cheering the death of Sheev Palpatine

???
>>
>>83948863
He came to understand that everything the Jedi did were ultimately in service of the order, and rarely anything else. They would bend or outright break the 'code' if they thought it was what the order needed, but follow it to an absurdly literal degree when bending/breaking it did not serve the order in any way.
They were self righteous, holier-than-thou hypocrites, & their constant flip-flopping & obliviousness caused his mother to die a brutal, long-suffering death.
The galaxy, the Empire needed consistency, and Vader fucking gave them that. At least until Lucas got bored & wrapped it several films early, making him a over-heavy-handedly conflicted, whiny bitch in ROTJ; which ended up tinting the character portrayal in the PT so it seemed like he was coming back to his pre-Vader self.
>>
self defense
>>
>>83950697
he's Nubian, Kevin Smith said
>>
>>83950581
>>83952101
Vader not having a dad & the suit being black are just coincidence.
>>
>>83951422
He's an evil space sorcerer.
>>
>>83951550
Pretty much
>>
>>83951334
it used to be fuck off
>>
The empire was actually beneficial for the planets they conquered in the mid and outer rim, the planets that became rebel were mostly rich planets from the core that stole the resources from the rest of the universe and the leaders of such rebellion were oligarchs, former members of a corrupt and obsolete republic that exploited those in need in the Galaxy.

Sheev did nothing wrong, he liberated many worlds but cunty places like Alderaan, Sullust and Corelia just wouldn't lose their special status for a fair galactical treatment.
>>
>>83948863
The use of Force (not The Force) and the valid threat of Force is the only legitimate means to secure and maintain the right to rule.

The Rebels were a threat to the Empire's right to rule, therefore they were justified in taking measures to eliminate them.
>>
>>83948968
As much as I would like to have this sound true, this doesn't justify everything that happened within the Empire.

Honestly, the Outer Rim systems should've been heavily militarized and guarded with every available fleet and soldier.
>>
>>83953480
>Never knowing when it would come
>using all your military resources indefinitely, in perpetuity, guarding the outer rim from outside threats, while there's a full on rebellion happening
>>
>>83950372
They way I see it is he killed the children so his children and wife could survive. He cared more about his kids and to save them and his wife he had to kill some younglings that he's never met.
>>
>>83948863
Watch Clone wars and order 66 and all the other stuff is justified. They fucked Ahsoka so hard and tried to damage control it being her trial. Then there is the keeping tabs on every child in the galaxy ready to abduct them from their unwilling parents, indoctrinate them into their religion and use them as child soldiers while using their religion to interfere in political matters and murder anyone of the wrong religion. Fuck the Jedi.
>>
>>83948968
>Yuuzhan Vong

fake news. Sonic-tier fan fiction.
>>
>>83948863
In a realistic setting the rebels are no different from ISIS. If they destroyed the empire it would mean countless people would fall to crime and brutality like vader's own mother.

Who among us wouldn't go to any ends to prevent that? Who would honestly sympathize with people who want to destroy the only law and order the galaxy had ever known? The Old Republics all failed, remember?
>>
>>83953654
It was honestly a great concept that was just executed sub-par at best.
Seems like that's the case with a lot of SW stuff; the conceptual potential is rarely lived up to.
>>
Jedi are literally space Muslims
>>
>>83950372
God damn nobody fucked up harder than the Jedi not saving Anakins mother.
>You're the chosen one and we, a galactic police force with unlimited budget will not ensure your mothers safety to set any fears you have of your only loved one at ease, fear after all is the path tothe dark side and you are the chosen one. We won't needlessly hold your powers back either. Padme is a queen of a whole planet that owes you for destroying the droid command ship and freeing her planet, a bit of gold to gree your mother would mean nothing to their economy
>Oh what's that, she was left a slave and then a rape slave for the next decade?
Tyrone, you silly fat bastard.
>>
File: 1455652006532.png (408KB, 558x689px) Image search: [Google]
1455652006532.png
408KB, 558x689px
Easy, they could have argued the corrupt ass Jedi council was manipulating the senate, repressing technology, undermining democracy and fundamentally defying the natural order.

Instead of having Sheev be a super Sith who despite not having millenia of training could somehow cloud the future not only from Yoda but from the entire Jedi council so they couldn't see the future they should have instead stated that the force itself was working against the Jedi. Point out how Jedi bodies have to be burned because they don't decompose naturally. Let the arrogant ass Jedi sloely come to recognize that to "bring balance to the force" the Jedi needed to be eliminated fron the equation and Anakin was destined not to destroy the Sith but the Jedi.

Basically go with the balance theory. Describe the light and dark sides as a swinging pengulium that will always swing in the opposite direction it's currently in.

It's already implied Sheev's brief tenor as emperor saw more technological innovation than the past 1000 years of Jedi rule. Just say
lightside=safe, stable and stagnent
darkside=dangerous, unstable, leads to change

Both sides are just a part of an eternal unending conflict that will never end. Pawns in a cosmic game that will always lead to stellar conflict, a great star war if you will.

And that's why more movies can always be made. The conflict will never end. Whenever one side gets the upperhand the universe itself will strike them down.
>>
>>83953904
Reading this makes me so sad for the potential star wars could have been

Instead it is a story for children
>>
File: 4581158.jpg (46KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
4581158.jpg
46KB, 284x400px
>>83953955
Read the Silmarillion. Are you a man or a dog?
>>
>>83953955

Play Kotor 2, they talk a lot about this
>>
>>83948863
He saw through the lies of the Jedi. He didn't fear the dark side as Jedi did. He brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to a new empire.
>>
File: 1445425771103.jpg (113KB, 1024x794px) Image search: [Google]
1445425771103.jpg
113KB, 1024x794px
>>83948863
Yeah, he's an asshole but you know what?
So am I.
If I were in his position, I'd kill every fucking thing in my line of sight just because I'd be fucking pissed off that
a) my hot piece of Senatorial ass is dead
b) my best friend was probably talking shit about me to her which is why I choked her which is why she's dead
c) my best friend kicked my ass and left me in the goddamned lava
d) now I have to wear this uncomfortable shit suit that makes me look like a hardcore BDSM enthusiast and restricts like 90% of my power
e) I was going to be the goddamn hottest shit the universe ever saw until Obi-Wan betrayed me
f) I've realized where I went wrong and how I fucked up since then and how much of it I was personally responsible for but because I can't turn back time I'm just pissed the fuck off all the time
g) the asshole who is basically responsible for me losing my cool and slaughtering a bunch of kids is constantly trying to replace me
h) I just want some peace and quiet so I can figure my shit out but the goddamn rebels keep blowing up military bases so I've got to keep killing them, but no matter how many I kill they keep coming and making my goddamn officers disturb me, so I kill them for pissing me off and make more rebels out of the pussies who see it and can't take the risk
i) when I get the chance I like to head out to Tattooine for a little R&R and slaughter villages of savage sand people
>>
>>83953904
Wow, what a shit theory for a pew pew laser sword kid's movie
>>
>>83953867
>I'm sorry Anakin, I can use the force to cheat at a dice roll on a Hutt world, which I'm positive is illegal here, to ensure the Jedi Order trains the chosen one who will save it; but I can't break their "legal slavery" laws, even though they're completely unenforceable in the Republic, to sneak your mother aboard & free her as well; that would be wrong.
>What do you mean I can't train Anakin as my padawan? Fuck your code and your council, I'm doing it anyway!
>>
>>83953955
>blaming the OT for the PT's mistakes
>>
>>83954171
Trekkie please go
>>
>>83954171
It's obviously not correct. Lucas was clear the force was being unbalanced by the Sith, basically to George balance means all of one and none of the other. It fixes Lucas' dumbass plotholes and gives an in universe excuse to milk the franchise.

It's a shit theory alright. It requires Lucas to think before he directs.
>>
>>83953904

>Master Yoda, surely "Bringing Balance" to the Force means the Dark side & the last 2 Sith in the galaxy are eliminated, leaving just the thousands of Jedi in the Order & the Light side?

>Balance means there's only one side left, right?

^^^ Biggest fucking plot hole, this never coming up; their obliviousness to everything makes them all look like complete fucking morons.
>>
>>83951550
How did the Jedi cause Anakin's mother's death? Couldn't he have gone back and got her off Tatooine at any time?
>>
Anakin fucked up by not wiping the muslims out. He ordered Owen and Beru to die because held them responsible, not the muslims who beat and raped his mother to death.
>>
>>83954518
He was being taught he needed to learn to let his attachments go, like your mother is just an attachment ffs.
He didn't start being conflicted by it until he started having the Force visions of her suffering & dying, but the Jedi he sought for counsel on it, like Yoda & Obi-Wan, told him to ignore the visions.
>>
from his perspective
the jedi are evil
>>
>>83954785
Then he was lost.
>>
>>83954842
>fighting space hajis
>lost

only when he death flip flopped
>>
>>83952536
EU was never canon, Disney acquisition just made it official
>>
>>83948863
Probably would have had him brainwashed - like MIA for two years or something, finally reappears in the end of the third film, and Obi Wan wrecks him, reinforcing his brainwashing with practical events
>>
>obi wanna wack off some more
>>
>>83954878
It was a loose canon; Lucas had to approve most if not everything. It was considered canon up until the point he decided he wanted to make something else himself & scrap whatever had been done.
Now & then there'd be subjects or time periods nobody could do anything in, cause it conflicted with this or that he already intended on doing at some point.
>>
>>83954186
>>83953867
The Jedi have tragic flaws too, you know. All Jedi are basically orphans who don't truly understand family connections. Having to deal with a Jedi who has mom issues is new to them. One of the reasons Yoda thought Anakin was too old.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.