[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Synecdoche, New York

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Synecdoche,_New_York_poster.jpg (44KB, 297x436px) Image search: [Google]
Synecdoche,_New_York_poster.jpg
44KB, 297x436px
Is it really that good? Or is it just pretentious garbage?
>>
>>83946203
it's that good
>>
If youre a pleb you will think its pretentious garbage. I wouldnt recommend watching if if you havent already watched something like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and enjoyed it.
>>
Making a movie no one knows how to pronounce seems like a bad marketing move.
>>
I thought it was interesting, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or anything.
>>
>>83946277
Hence why it seems pretentious.

Also
>New York
I think we already know the answer.
>>
It's not THAT good. Worth a watch but not worth the praise reddit gives it.
>>
>>83946327
What about the praise this guy gives it?
>>
I liked it
>>
>>83946203
It's garbage
And it's pretentious

Whoever likes this movies needs to be dragged out into the street and get their legs run over by a car
>>
>>83946411
Would it be right to call it a movie about self absorbed middle aged children dealing with problems that don't exist?
>>
It's entry level in it pretentiousness, I found it an easy watch but it's no masterpiece.
>>
>>83946378
Dude put a lot of thought into his analysis but the movie is really not that outstanding.
Adam thinks he is a great reviewer and this enlightened connoisseur of film but really all he seems to care about is writing since he is so clearly inept at reviewing any other aspect of film. Every now and then he has some good insight into camerawork but the dude really should just review books instead.
>>
I used to be into this kind of stuff but really it's boring if you break it down. Much better to watch some Micheal Bay nonsense and stim off the caos
>>
Adaptation was better in my opinion.
>>
>>83946203
the messages it tried were alarming to say the least.

>nothing matters
>be yourself
>no one can ever help you
>being yourself is such a hassle

Very political to the point of propaganda.
>>
>>83946462
That's exactly what it is. At it's core that's the essence of it
That is who wrote, directed and produced it. Who else would make a movie where the lead character, his story, his life, the plot is so totally devoid of actual content. A life without life

It's one of those rare instances where the viewer would make a more interesting subject to base a film on. If someone likes this movie, you can deduce it's because their life is even more boring than what they're seeing on screen
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.