[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hehe well mr Fassbender, now that you have ordered 3 glasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

File: bar.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bar.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>Hehe well mr Fassbender, now that you have ordered 3 glasses with the wrong sign, I know for sure you're not german, and I'm going to kill you!
>Bitch wait...what? You just determined i'm not a german because I did a 3 sign with the "wrong fingers"?
>y-yeah that's n-not how we do it in germa..
>bitch hol' up I'm not done talking...what the fuck? You do fucking know that Germany is literally the result of like 4 or 5 different countries and kingdoms that decided to band together, right? Kingdoms with completely different cultures, bitch, I'm guessing you also think they celebrate Oktoberfest in Köln, don't you?
>N-no I mea--
>-shut up senpai, Are you from Berlin?
>Brandenbu-
>Brandenburg, yeah figured, look you fucking twat, I really fucking hope you either change your mindset or that you never step a fucking foot in Bavaria or Baden-Württemberg, because you'd fucking start an ethnic cleansing over there as soon as you start hearing someone speak in Swabian because you'd say "OH WHOOPS, YOU AINT SPEAKING IN HOCHDEUTSCH, THAT MUST MEAN YOU'RE NOT A GERMAN!", bitch not 10 minutes ago you were completely clueless as to where my home village was located, and you accepted my accent because you said "yeah you know...Germany is a pretty big country, and I don't know it all", so how the fuck are you now saying that "lmao dude, if you don't make a 3 sign with these fingers, you're absolutely not german?...know what? Fuck out of here white boi, right fucking now, go back to the fucking SS headquarters and don't bother me anymore, gotta fuck this bitch in less than 2 hours before my wife notices I'm missing, so you best don't get in the way of me and my sex life or I'll turn your dick into a fucking sliced currywurst, you hear me?

This is exactly why I love Tarantino, he's always super concerned about script integrity
>>
It was a enjoyable read I'd rate it a 8.5/10 post
>>
This was actually on point.
>>
God bless the American Nazi Party.
>>
>>83945403
Kino
>>
>>83945403
Didn't you see Argo? They teach spy hunters even small things like the difference in Canadian vs American accent. I'm sure in WW2 they did the same, and the number thing is a huge indicator when they were ALREADY suspicious.
>>
>>83945693
this

he was a fucking gestapo major
>>
>>83945403

It wasn't just the numbers thing. That was only the tipping point. He was already suspicious of them, hence his forcing his company on them. The numbers thing was just a major enough slip up for him to be confident enough to make his move.
>>
That was actually pretty good OP.
>>
>>83945693
>>83945761

Didn't you read the post? The man had already accepted that Fassbender was German and was going to leave them alone until Fassy did the hand thing.

It made absolutely 0 fucking sense, if the guy didn't even know the name of the town, how the fuck is he going to know if they have the same culture? Bitch, I'm German, I'm from Köln, the other day some dude from who knows where wouldn't stop calling me "OIDA!" and I didn't know what the fuck he was saying, turns out "oida" is like "dude" in the south of Germany, and I'm 23 years old and didn't know this, nor did any of my friends. Do you have any fucking idea of how culturally different is Germany through its states and regions? That hand thing is not even true btw
>>
>>83945866
>The man had already accepted that Fassbender was German

He hadn't, you fucking idiot

He knew he wasn't German no matter what bullshit he was slinging, did you miss the whole "you're intruding" shit?
>>
reminder that assbender also looked guilty after doing it, which is probably what actually confirmed it for him
>>
>>83945693
Which American accent? Louisiana's accent? New York's accent? Oregon's accent? Texan accent? There's a fuckload of accents throughout the states, I'm pretty sure those spyhunters wouldn't be able to tell between a Maine accent and a Florida accent despite the 2 actually being different. Maybe they can recognize between "Canadian" and "American" accent, but I really fucking doubt they can recognize between 60 different accents. Fassbender wasn't even speaking with an english accent (Fassbender is German btw), so the gestapo dude only had to narrow his search to like a whopping 100 accents and like 80000 small villages located in who the fuck knows where
>>
>>83945866
>Bitch, I'm German, I'm from Köln, the other day some dude from who knows where wouldn't stop calling me "OIDA!" and I didn't know what the fuck he was saying, turns out "oida" is like "dude" in the south of Germany, and I'm 23 years old and didn't know this,

This is because you never go outside probably.
>not knowing "oida" is another way of saying "alter"
Imbecile.

And by the way, NOBODY in German does the 3-sign the way Anglos do it, no matter which part you're from. I know this for a fact.
>>
File: 1492911452639.jpg (608KB, 1472x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1492911452639.jpg
608KB, 1472x1104px
>"Say goodbye to your nazi balls"
>pew pew pew pew
>>
>ITT people who can't read body language nor hear changes of tone when someone is speaking.
>>
File: Untitledzzz.png (740KB, 1262x547px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledzzz.png
740KB, 1262x547px
>make this kind of a guilty face after doing it
>waaaaaah there's no way he could know
>>
>>83945962

he was literally leaving his chair until the hand thing, the guy was convinced he was German.

>>83945985

Of course he looked guilty because Tarantino wrote a world where a country with 80 million people that was formed by several isolated states somehow shares a unique culture with 0 variables. Hell even small places like Puerto Rico have vastly different customs according to the area.

>>83946008
Where are you from? And I've literally never seen ANYONE here making a different 3-sign, blame the globalization if you will.
>>
File: Untitledzzzz.png (425KB, 1264x544px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledzzzz.png
425KB, 1264x544px
>tries to make direct eye contact immediately afterward, trying to tell if the jig is up
>whereas the other dude is avoiding the eye contact but can see he's being watched in his peripheral
>not smiling as much now
>waaaaaah there's no way he could know
>>
>>83946133
if we're being real if I wanted to get the jump on somebody and I was a gestapo officer I'd act like I was cool with them 'being german' too.

I mean, nigga what, are you going to act like you're accusingly suspicious of them at face value, you're an idiot
>>
>>83946095
>>83946176
See >>83946133

Tarantino: "OK Michael, so, for this scene, you not only spoke with a non-german accent, but you also did some thing that german culture doesn't do like that!"
"But Quentin...I'm German...which German accent did I not speak in? You know we got like literally over 1000 accents and a fuckload of dialects, also culture and customs are different throughout the land, people usually think all of Germany rolls by Bavarian culture, which is in fact pretty unique and isolated...I don't even come from Bavaria. Quentin, that's not how we roll"
"Look Michael...shut up, you gotta look as guilty as a puppy who just ate all the toilet paper in the trash can ok?"

"yeah sure...you're paying me I guess"
>>
>>83946270
He was straight up confrontational at the beginning until he heard the village story, which is where he obviously said "oh yeah, you know what? Germany IS a huge place, and I haven't been everywhere there, so it's actually believable that you don't share an accent typical from Hochdeutsch-speaking regions". What any sane person would think, really
>>
>>83946038
this. the two defected germans were the coolest guys in the movie
>>
>>83946366
people can change their minds
>>
>>83946426
Yeah and he fucking changed his mind because as we've already said like 40 times: Tarantino was the director and he's a retard who believes that all countries share a single accent and a single set of cultural customs and conventions
>>
>>83946299
>>83946176
>>83946095
>>83945985
he didnt look guilty faggots. he was pissed off at him and just got done shit talking him. he was already looking down when he orsered the drinks

he was just quietly seething and waiting for the ss guy to down his drink and fucl off
>>
>>83946471
but you just argued that tarantino wasn't a retard, that he actually knew germany was a big enough country to include a small anecdote about regional differences and linguistic variations village to village
>>
>deduces that fassbender was a british spy pretending to be german just because he ordered three glasses with his fingers the incorrect way
>doesn't notice that the infamous hugo stiglitz is sitting right next to him

was it autism?
>>
>>83946531
I'm not even op but I'm sure that the OP at the end is clearly sarcasm I really fucking hope your post is sarcasm as well
>>
>>83945993
Canadian accent is also pretty strange, there's multiple different regions with different accents. Europe just doesn't seem to get how big North America actually is
>>
Not to make it shitty like it doesn't count, but if I was a Gestapo officer who was the least bit concerned, what reason would I have to not accuse this guy? Worst case scenario, fassbender is actually German and nothing bad happens. Best case scenario you've caught the spy, as he did. The finger thing could have absolutely been a guess but Fassbender's reaction would've been the same because he wasn't prepared to be in cover to such a degree.
>>
File: 1454982218791.jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1454982218791.jpg
39KB, 512x384px
>>83945403
This probably sounded a lot cooler in your head huh OP
>>
>>83946610
He should play BJ in a Wolfenstein movie
>>
>>83946668
Wasn't he posing as an officer from a higher rank or at least an equal?

You can't just throw around accusations of treason, that can literally get you court martialed. There's a due process for reporting believed spies and it's not calling them out in the middle of a bar because they didn't ask for glasses in a way you found familiar
>>
>>83945403
This was the most painfully bad thing I've ever read on this site
>>
>>83946008
I'm from BaWü, what the fuck is 'Oida' supposed to be?
>>
Too much autism here
>>
File: confused cuck.png (487KB, 827x447px) Image search: [Google]
confused cuck.png
487KB, 827x447px
>>83945403
Tarantino is a hack, we all know that.
>>
>>83946921
You should try krautchan
>>
>>83945403
who the fuck cares what part of germany he came from he is stil 100%$ nazi
>>
you guys understand the movie is just supposed to be fun to watch, right?

it doesnt have to be perfectly logical or believable at every turn
>>
>>83946772
If he was posing as an officer of higher or at least equal rank, then why was he acting so passively. He could have never allowed the actual german officer to disturb them.
>>
>>83947036
>you guys understand the movie is just supposed to be fun to watch, right?
>it doesnt have to be perfectly logical or believable at every turn

No, you are wrong. Tarantino was trying to be sophisticated here, and he achieved the opposite. It has nothing to do with fun. And the movie was shit either way.
>>
>>83947124
its objectively his best film
you must be one of these plebs i hear about
>>
Saying that Fassbender wasnt german because he used the wrong fingers to make the sign is no different from saying some dude isnt american because he asked for a "pop" instead of a "soda"
>>
>>83945403
I fucking hate black people.
>>
>>83945403
>Implying Germans were ever that good at spotting spies

Whole country was literally riddled with Allied humint. Meanwhile German spies showed up in the UK without a basic understanding of how the monetary system worked or, occassionally, a sound grasp on the English language.
>>
>>83947124
>Tarantino was trying to be sophisticated here

by making a movie where he rewrites world war 2 to have a band of jews massacring nazis
>>
>>83947159

where I live in america we dont say pop or soda
>>
>>83945993
Oregon accent?
>>
>>83946861
Es ist wie "Alter" in dem Suden von Bavaria.
>>
>>83945866
>>83945403
I remember hearing a story from my mother, around the late 90s, about this group of american soldiers in italy, hiding, who were pretending to be italians in front of the nazis and got killed just because one of them made the wrong '3' sign.
Mind you this story was told me at least ten years before the movie came out, so the scene has probably a foundation of truth to it.
>>
>>83947218
>>83947159
>>
>>83947282
Sounds like a bullshit myth like how a fuckload of people believe all germans are cold emotionless bastards. Not saying the myth doesnt exist, just that its that: a myth
>>
>>83945993
Ah, but he had an 'ear' for accents.
>>
Uno Farto thought he was so clever writing this scene, he's the writer and director equivalent of "I'M ACTING!!!"
>>
>>83947256
Bam oida! Fix oida!
>>
Germanfag here
Fassbender was talking in very wierd sounding german. I know he is like half German or something, but it's obvious he isn't a native speaker. His pronounciation was off and he talked much slower and with a strange "rhythm" for lack of a better word.

Now in real life, any German would hear he isn't German, trust me. There is a huge difference between someone talking in a local accent and a non-native speaking German.

Now since it's a movie, an American movie as well, you could bend your realism a bit and assume that the SS guy bought the accent bit, but to think that he would buy it 100% and not remain somewhat suspicious is bending it a bit too much.

I always interpreted the scene that SS guy didn't believe the local accent story, but wasn't sure either... but when he saw the "wrong" 3 gesture, ON TOP of his already high suspition, he must have been sure Fassbender wasn't German.

Both the accent and the gesture might have passed by themselves, but together they blew his cover
>>
>Tarantino wrote most of Basterds in the late 90s
>came back to it and finished the script in like 06
You can really see decent tarantino clashing with Uno Farto in this flick
>>
>>83945761
that's not what gestapo is, Anon
>>
File: tantrum hole.png (232KB, 718x369px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum hole.png
232KB, 718x369px
>order 3 glasses
>use thumb, middle finger, and pinky as my three fingers
>German's face when
>>
>>83945403
his German was atrocious, it's the kind of German that you get a compliment for 'wow, you speak really good German'. You know that you can speak German fluently when they don't even acknowledge your skills, because why would you? Speaking German isn't something extraordinary to them and they don't pay attention. Gets a bit weird when they ask me from which part of Germany I come from, but they that's about it.
>>
>>83946471
>>83945403
He knew immediately that they weren't germans. He probably studied the enemy dossier and was fucking with them. Are you guys fucking retarded?
>>
>say auf wiedersehen to your nazi balls
>>
RIVERDERCEE
>>
>>83947323
What about "soda pop"?
>>
>>83945785
this. stfu OP
>>
>>83948443
Only correct post in the thread. Like all tarantino characters they know things the viewer doesn't, the viewer can only glean it thru their actions. Its reverse dramatic irony.
>>
So Hellstrom bought Fassbender's lies about Pitz-Pilu to stave off his suspicions about Fassy's accent but can't buy the fact that maybe Germans from there would also use different finger counting? GJ Hackantino
>>
>>83949184
why was there a women soldier
>>
File: Annesophie.jpg (74KB, 195x320px) Image search: [Google]
Annesophie.jpg
74KB, 195x320px
>>83945403
I'm just sad they violently killed off that cutie maid. BTW any idea what she's(the actress) doing these days?
>>
File: 12or3.jpg (105KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
12or3.jpg
105KB, 1920x800px
Was each really better looking than the last or did one stand out?
>>
>>83951056
1 for sure
>>
>>83950685
>I'm just sad they violently killed off that cutie maid.

The story goes that Tarrantino hired her because of her exceptional feet, and she refused to let him touch them so she was killed off quickly as a result.
>>
>>83949184
Was it autism?
>>
File: 1fb.png (340KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1fb.png
340KB, 600x583px
>>83951255
>>
>>83947159
>2017
>saying "soda"
>>
america can fit like 5 germanies, and if roles reversed and some merkelspy claiming to have some rare south dakotan accent tried to order 3 bud lights with 2 fingers and a thumb i'd shoot his ass instantly no hesitation
>>
>>83945866
>and was going to leave them alone until Fassy did the hand thing.
Actually, I'm pretty sure once he left he'd call out to his men to execute them on the spot. He was iffy on their status as Germans and the gesture was the final straw.
>>
>>83946375
Hans Landa was actually the villain, you know. The worst character of the film BETRAYED the Nazis. Tarantino is a facist.
>>
>>83949950
Tarantino predicted Call of Duty
>>83950685
she looked jewish anyways
>>
>>83945403
autistic german reporting in:

Tarantino is correct about the "three" sign. Nobody in Germany would show it like Fassbender's character.

Also:
Baden-Württemberg did not exist until after the war. It was literally constructed by the allies after WW2.
>>
One thing I never understand is when he figured out that Fasbender wasn't German, why didn't he just point a gun at him openly, and announce for the other Nazis in the bar to back him up? Why just low-key point the gun under the table and reduce his odds to a one on four?

Idiot deserved to have his balls shot off.
>>
>>83947159
>2017
>not asking for a soft drink
>>
>>83946610
He couldn't keep his eyes off his understandable homolust.
>>
>>83953710
>>
>>83953885
He's outnumbered 3 to 1 by what he can now presume are three highly trained spies, and could also (correctly) assume they have backup. His backup is a bunch of drunk soldiers who are not presently armed, even with their weapons as close as they are.

But you are right he is stupid, staying and confronting them practically assured his death. Had he left and then gotten a squad from nearby, he could have let them lower their guard and come back/waited for them to leave to kill them.
>>
>>83948678
Oregon here. Soda and pop are interchangeable and "soda pop" is a thing as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>83945403
aus here, if anyone ordered soda or pop or tried ordering with two fingers and a thumb they'd be dead before they lowered their hand
>>
>>83945403
>different cultures
nigga you know even the spanish were originally germanic tribes right before they got conquered by invading muslims from north africa? did you also know the french were a germanic tribe too? you're no KANG
>>
>>83954826
In a way, both Spanish and Franks merged with the local populace very early on, long before the moors invaded
>>
>>83946628
You goddamn arrogant yank, there's been societies in England for thousands upon thousands of years. Accents have become more generic in the age of mass media but in WWII people could tell whether you were from the east or west side of one Lancashire village by your accent.
>>
>>83951674
kek
>>
>>83947147
Eh I'm a pretty big tarantino shill but idk about his best work. Pulp fiction, KB v1, and django are all better
>>
>>83954455
>Expecting intelligence from the SS

They didn't recruit for creativity or intellect.
>>
>>83951056
The left one > The other two

By a mile.
>>
>>83951671
>living in flyover country
>>
>>83955046
Shit taste desu, Dogs is better then Fiction, KB-2 is better then 1 and literally everything he's done is better than django
>>
File: 1412399733297.jpg (52KB, 505x388px) Image search: [Google]
1412399733297.jpg
52KB, 505x388px
>>83954826
>the spanish were originally germanic tribes right before they got conquered by invading muslims from north africa?
...how did they stop being Germanic at that point you fucking moron? They didn't get completely replaced by the few thousand invading Berbers that fought like, one battle before taking over the peninsula
>>
>>83945445
would be a 10 without the unnecessary swearing and twitter tough guy dialect
>>
>>83945993
fassbender is irish
>>
>>83954205
such a qt
>>
>>83954088
>>83951671
>>83947218
>>83947159
>not asking for a coke
>>
>>83957355
>not asking for a glass of milk and to be seated in the nonsmoking section
>>
>>83954814
we're talking about ww2 not your local pub on friday night
>>
File: IMG_1292.jpg (65KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1292.jpg
65KB, 1024x512px
>>83955404
That was the point you retard, nice GET though
>>
>>83945403
Really good desu
>>
>>83946734
Yes
>>
>>83948443

This tbqh. There's multiple times in the movie where characters already know what's going on, but jack themselves off with 10 minutes of dialogue and banter for no reason.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.