[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you pretend to like this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: ws_Interstellar_Poster.jpg (417KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ws_Interstellar_Poster.jpg
417KB, 1280x720px
Why do you pretend to like this movie?
>>
why do you ask loaded questions?
>>
ive never even seen it
>>
The only Nolan movie I like is Mememto
>>
Because Nolan.
>>
>>83944632
Why would you need to pretend to like it?
It's pure audio visual candy. Yes it's packed with exposition and a few terrible lines, but it's probably the best cinema experience of my entire life.
>>
I don't have to pretend
>>
>>83944632
I liked it because it was different. Maybe if most the movies of the past decade weren't chopped up re-hashed numbers based bread winners put together solely based on formulae derived from the like/dislikes of people as a whole I would think of it as a lesser movie.
>>
Great movie. I mean sure the plot didn't make any sense and the theme was corny and ham-handed and the characters were barely developed and editing left unnecessary subplots only partially intact and Matt Damon's cameo was distracting and many of the characters actions were illogical and the ending was ridiculous. But otherwise it was great, why do people hate on it so much
>>
if the black guy on the ship were to look out and watch them landing on the planet what would he see? everything in ridiculous slow motion?
>>
>>83944632
It's a good movie and anyone who says otherwise is just being a contrarian for the sake of it
>>
Nolan is just so awkward. Did success ruin him? Were his initial films better?

Now, they're just a "neat" idea with clumsy execution, particularly in the emotional and thematic departments, not to mention silly dialogue and exposition.

TDK suffers badly from all this as well. It's just the awkward execution of an "interesting idea" (le comic book character in le gritty Michael Mann crime world XD) buoyed by the most fedorable performance in history from Heat Legend.
>>
File: Interstellar - They chose her.webm (3MB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar - They chose her.webm
3MB, 850x480px
>>83944632
i absolutely love this movie
FUCK YOU OP
>>
>>83944632
>pretend
>>
File: ok.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>83946076
ok retard. apparently my opinion just changed, since I couldn't possibly dislike it
>>
>>83945999
From our current understanding, yes.
>>
>>83945999
I say you watch this. It explains it towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAnRKD4raY
>>
>>83944632
the ending should have just been the multi dimension cube was from aliens and cut out all the love bullshit and you'd have a more obvious, but also a much more enjoyable 2001 rip off
>>
>>83945837
>I liked it because it was different.
It was embarrassingly cliche though.
>>
>>83946433
You can dislike it and still be aware that it's a decent movie, different things.
>>
>>83946678
I wouldn't say embarrassingly cliche. Avatar was huge and people loved it, even though the plot was the same as Pocahontas. Even if the story has been told before it can be told in a unique way.
>>
>>83947074
lol no. they are the same thing. I dislike it because I think it's not a decent movie
>>
>>83947223
Avatar was a proof of concept for cameron's 3D cameras.
Insterstellar is just a bloated nolan wankfest.
>>
>>83944632
I don't pretend, I do like it, because I have impeccable taste and high intellect.
>>
>>83947387
t. faggot
>>
>>83947392
>I like Nolan movie because of my high intellect
don't burn your finger from tipping your fedora so hard brah
>>
>>83947315
So do you like every critically acclaimed movie? Everything you like is a flawless masterpiece and everything you don't like is garbage?

Because that literally means that you have no taste.
If you had any you would be aware that you can like a movie fully knowing it's flaws or dislike a critically acclaimed 10/10 movie while still being able to appreciate the redeeming factors in it.
I don’t particularly enjoy films by Tarkovsky but I would be a complete moron if I would say that his films are bad just because I don’t like them.
>>
>>83946364
>How?
>LOVE!
>proceeds to use gravity and a mechanical watch
>>
>>83947634
boii. of course if I don't like it is bad. nothing is objective, and you're a pussy for not supporting your honest opinion
>>
>>83944632
Trash movie.
+thread
>>
CORN: The Movie
>>
The soundtrack was great
For the first time the Hans Zimmer meme paid off
>>
>>83944632
Because it's necessary.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.