[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More shows like Mad Men?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I recently finished MM, and I've been trying to find similar shows, but... nothing. Best I came across is Suits, and while I'm on Season 3 it's far more... pleb-tier. So, /tv/-bros, gimme some suggestions.
>>
Maybe the West Wing?
I haven't watched either show
>>
In terms of other excellent TV dramas:

1) The Sopranos
2) The Shield
3) True Detective season one
4) The Wire
5) Breaking Bad
>>
Sopranos has the same tone
>>
>>83940418
Yeah watch the Shield it's basically Mad Men in the modern age
>>
>>83940403
Hmm, I've been curious about that one for a while.
>>83940418
Seen TD & BB already. I have no shortage of good shows, I'm just looking for something with similar themes.
>>83940425
I've been meaning to check that for a while, but the ending being so iconic has soured me on it.
>>
>>83940367
Bojack Horseman
>>
>>83940448
what? no it isn't

The Shield is The Wire except exciting and fun and not as bleak
>>
>>83940464
>tfw I watched it all this year for the first time, and wasn't spoiled by the ending

Feelz good, man
>>
>>83940485
You got me, a bald fuck beating criminals with a phone book is not like slick media executives struggling with ennui, guess it was a pretty dumb answer to the OP huh
>>
There's none really. Sopranos, bc it sort of spun out of that (Weiner was EP and showtrunner in late sopranos seasons, and an entire Sopranos crew shot MM pilot, similar themes and character based storytelling)

Otherwise, the Americans has that very involved characterization and tells the story at its own pace with quality writing, also period accurate.
>>
>>83940513
I feel The Sopranos ending "spoiler" doesn't really ruin the show at all. In my opinion an ending that is left somewhat open to interpretation is actually the opposite of a spoiler.
>>
Do you mean more in the time period, or more overrated garbage?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.