[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus but the latest episode of American Gods was beautiful.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3269.png (273KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3269.png
273KB, 1000x600px
Jesus but the latest episode of American Gods was beautiful.
>>
it was.

and pleb filtered the last few that didn't already run screaming from a gay sex scene, posting the other day that it's the worst episode, kek.
>>
>>83940196

I can only imagine what the screeching was like on /tv/ when Salim hooked up with the djinn.
>>
Great episode
Loved it
>>
>>83940754
not quite as loud as the WE WUZ posting from people who completely missed the point of the anansi slave ship scene.
>>
>>83941143

I can imagine that most of American Gods is soaring over the heads of the average /tv/ shitposter.
>>
Awful lot of dicks in this show
>>
Wednesday is literally the devil, right?
>>
>>83941328
*tip*
>>
>>83940078
Yes.

The show is too smart for most of /tv/ though.
>>
File: Why do men like anal sex.webm (3MB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
Why do men like anal sex.webm
3MB, 1200x676px
>it's a I like anal episode
>>
>>83941435
Hes Odin I think Odin has 2 crows he uses to send messages and spies on people.
>>
>>83941435
Also Wednesday is also Odins day.
>>
>>83941441

What? It's a show about the inherent nature of America as a collection of immigrants and how important the 'coming to America' stories are to the very soul and culture of the nation. That's going to not go over so well with a /pol/ invested board.
>>
>>83941435
I know this is bait, but there are still people dumb enough to not make the connection to who he is and it makes me sad that they are that stupid, american 'education' man

>wednesday
>glass eye
>ravens
>A BIG FUCKING ROCKET WITH ODIN ON IT

wew
>>
>>83941690

The only person still in the dark about Wednesday is Shadow.
>>
>>83941690
Also the bit where Vulcan mentions hanging is relevant to Odin
>>
I'm still not sold on the over the top contrast thing they've got going on, it borders on those eye-rape hdr photos you see on Flickr at times. Other than that I'm loving it though.

Although I'm slightly bemused by the fact shadow isn't freaking out that much given everything that has happened
>>
Pity Sweeney's choice was lost on cunt wife. Character with the best entertainment value in the show.
>>
I'm watching episode 6 now. What was that parasite thing inside Shadow's wound? Wednesday implied it was "The Forest God's" new form. Was it cancer? A parasite?
>>
Why does Odin look like a sleazy Italian man in this show?
>>
>>83942207
I was hoping they'd cast Jack Nicholson for the role because that was the face I saw in my head when I read the book
>>
>>83940078
Mad Sweeney made me stick with this show and I'm glad I did. It's really grown on me. I used to cringe at Ricky Whittle's acting in the first few eps but there's something charming about him that Im starting to be interested in.
>>
>>83940196
>>83940754
>>83941143
>>83941328
>tfw to dumb to undrstand american media

>american tv show
>features a gay interracial sex scene
>>
>>83942181
It's environmentalism. It used to be the forest god but then when no one gave a fuck about the environment it almost died and came back and started working for World and Media because they saved it by campaigning for the EPA and shit.

Odin says something about it but it's really vague
>>
It's been forever since I saw it, but Wednesday reminds me of Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate.
>>
>>83942360

Uh, Salim and the Djinn are the same race, chief. And what does their race matter anyway? You're still failing to grasp the point of the show.
>>
Is this show faithful to the book?

Every time I see a webm related to this it always feels like something completely different from what I read.
>>
>>83942340
i doubt he'll make it past the end of the season.
>>
>>83942542

It's as faithful as it needs to be. It takes a few digressions, but they've worked really damn well so far and that's coming from someone who's gone through the book three or four times.
>>
File: vulcan virginia.png (1MB, 959x541px) Image search: [Google]
vulcan virginia.png
1MB, 959x541px
wtf, after watching this scene I hate white people, the second amendment, and america
>>
>>83942542
Mostly. A lot of the major scenes are still in it but they add shit and take it away as needed. It's still in the same theme but they focus a lot more on the wife and Sweeny than in the books who only appear two or three times
>>
>>83942696
>Implying the god of war, smelting and volcanoes wouldn't have a town full of die hard second amendment faggots worshipping him
>>
Neil Gaiman is truly a treasure.
>>
>>83942696
>turn your name into a brand of bullet
>stamp it on all of them
>every shot fired and life taken with them is a prayer and sacrifice to you

neat!
>>
What I want to know is who's fucking dick is Dead Wife sucking to get that much screentime?

Seriously, it can't be Fuller's since he's a homo. I seriously don't like the actress, the only thing that makes me pull through it is Sweeney. She's gotten an episode dedicated to her, this last episode she played two parts. Horrible fucking looking ginger make up by the way.

Why he fuck are we exploring this character that apparently wasn't even a big deal in the books?
>>
>>83942930

Because Laura was one of the weakest, least fleshed out characters in the book. She had no motivation or character outside of loving and following Shadow around. They wanted to make her three dimensional in the show, and they aren't doing a bad job of it.

But man, why did they have to cast Dane Cook as Robbie? That's insult to injury right there on Shadow's behalf.
>>
File: falling for bbc meme.webm (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
falling for bbc meme.webm
3MB, 1920x800px
>>83943008
>it's a epitome of A FUCKING WHITE MALE cucks a black guy episode
>>
>>83943008
In the book, she just came across as a royal cunt. But her episode (and really the whole Mad Sweeney travel arc) makes her come across as very human and conflicted and you really grow to like her.

At first you're thinking about what a cunt she must be for cheating while her man is in prison, but the way it happened and the fact that she was cutting her neighbor off when Shadow got back really humanizes the whole thing. The fact that the going away bj was intended to be his last makes it seem a whole lot less evil.
>>
>>83943116

Agreed. I really like that they made her cheating into a symptom of a pre-existing condition instead of just something that she did out of loneliness. She suffered from very bad depression that made her especially prone to making bad decisions. Makes her much more human.
>>
>>83943116
> the fact that she was cutting her neighbor off when Shadow got back really humanizes the whole thing. The fact that the going away bj was intended to be his last makes it seem a whole lot less evil.

Are you a woman, or just a massive cuck? To any man with a pair of balls, none of this makes her any less of a cunt and even makes her MORE of a disgusting, manipulative whore.

>>83943060
fuck off faggot
>>
>>83942930
She's arguably the most famous person on the show so she gets more airtime to draw in crowds who want to see Emily Brownings tits, also>>83943008 >>83943116 these boys are right
>>
>>83942566
if Sweeney goes. I go
>>
>>83943116
>>83943264

when the fuck did tumblr get here?
>>
>>83943307
Not a woman or a cuck. And if she did that to me, under any circumstances, I would be done with her (as Shadow has done).

But I'm just saying, you understand why.... and if you have any empathy, her decisions at least make sense.

While it seems like a very callous fuck you to shadow in the beginning of the series, you realize that it was a mistake born out of extreme loneliness and depression. You realize she didn't do it to be malicious at all. And she intended things to fully return to normal (no cheating) once Shadow returned.

I like Laura, I like that they've humanized her rather than made her a literal monster in every sense of the word.
>>
>>83943116
>>83943264
Cucks
>>
>>83941143
>completely missed the point of the anansi slave ship scene

I wasn't there for that, but the point of that scene was pretty obvious, wasn't it? Or was there some hidden meaning besides the "muh white man keeping me down, rise up and kill the rayciss crackas"?
>>
>>83943453
Nah, she still comes across as a remorseless manipulative psychopath no matter how you paint the situation. Only a modern western "man" would defend her actions in any way
>>
>>83943486
take your (You) and get out
>>
>>83943486
The point was he was tricking them into sacrificing themselves to him
>>
>>83943486
That scene has layers.

Well, here's the thing about Anansi. He thrives on chaos that results in sacrifices to him from all sides. And the way he was suggesting the slave ship nigs get revenge was literally by immolating themselves along with their enemies. So ALL became a sacrifice to Anansi.

It may seem that he's a strong proponent of the BLM mentality, BUT if you look at this scene a little deeper you realize that he's encouraging his own to die so he may gain power by using a BLM-esque rheotoric.

This scene could honestly be a critique of the BLM philosophy in that it shows that it *does not* get black men ahead, they just burn along with their enemies.
>>
>>83943486
If you understand correctly that scene it might be the biggest spoiler in the show. Just sayin
>>
a black chick I know on fb said she rewatched the anansi scene three or four times, and was all "black pride yeah" just taking his words at face value,

but I couldn't reply honestly because she is the biggest pair of tits I know and didn't want her to block me.
>>
>>83943558
>muslim manchild detected
>>
File: 765656.jpg (608KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
765656.jpg
608KB, 970x545px
The depth added for Sweeny was stellar but in an 8 episode season did we really need an episode that was essentially 90% a remake of the fourth episode but with a bad wig, a bad accent and some great 18th century outfits and sets?
>>
>>83944024

Essie's story in the book is the most fleshed out and involving of any of the vignettes in the novel. Makes sense that she would have a lot of time devoted to her. That and, the show had to justify why Sweeney is dealing with Laura instead of just figuring out an underhanded way to get the coin out of her.
>>
>>83944021
Lol I can see you as the type of guy watching this show with your girlfriend and telling her..."yeah I totally understand why Laura did what she did"

Faggot
>>
Who's that negress who eats people with her pussy?
>>
>>83944539
>watching this show with your girlfriend

He beat you already
>>
Nah it was total shit.

Laura is the worst character on the show. And now she has more screen time than Wednesday or Moon
>>
>>83944633
Fuck no I don't
>>
>>83943453
well we can't have that, attempting to humanize a female character, not on my /tv/ show.

she should be a shallow cheating whore with no depth, because that's what all women are, trust me I've read a lot of threads about women.
>>
No, American Gods is reddit
>>
American Gods is literally IDENTITY POLITICS the show. Not nearly as brilliant as one might suggest.
>>
>>83945412
True, but it's also well written and has nice visuals
>>
>>83940078
>the black protagonist goes to jail for a roastie, only to get cucked by a white boi with a massively thick, veiny penis

what did the showrunners mean by this?
>>
>>83946027
And yet she still leaves the white boi for her husband when he gets out of jail. What did they mean by this?
>>
>>83946078
after swallowing his dick "one last time". Sure.
>>
My only complaint is the intro song. Trying too hard to be Immigrant Song from Girl with a Dragon Tattoo.
>>
>>83945324
The emphasis isn't on her being a woman, but on her being a cheater
>>
>>83944640
thank god she have! wednesday and shadow is boring and edgy compared to Sweeny and hers
>>
>>83940196
>gay sex scene
50 minutes was a bit much for my tastes
>>
>>83941613
>a show about the inherent nature of America as a collection of immigrants
A collection of European immigrants you mean?

America was ~90% white European until 1965 when the immigration act of 1965 threw the gates wide open to immigration from the third world. The concept of America as a "melting pot" was created/popularized in 1908 by Jewish author, feminist and Zionist Israel Zangwill who believed that for world peace to be achieved all borders, states, visas, etc. must be abolished.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.