[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/film/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: intoler.jpg (700KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
intoler.jpg
700KB, 2048x1367px
D.W. Griffith Edition - Birth of a Nation apologists are welcomed here if they bring in some discussion.

What's you opinion on Intolerance? The Jesus and the French episodes were a bore to be honest. The very best one is the Mother and the Baby of course.
>>
>>83939715
>The four episodes chosen by Griffith are actually uncollatable. The formal failure of their mingling in a single image of Intolerance is only a reflection of a thematic and ideological error . . . The secret of this is not professional-technical, but ideological-intellectual.

Eisenstein on Intolerance
>>
Broken Blossoms is better
>>
>>83939715
The Birth of a Nation needs no apology. Intolerance is its equal, spellbinding throughout, and such a step forward in intellectual sophistication about editing that it inspired most of the cutting-edge things happening in European film until sound. Griffith never stopped being great, even his last two movies, made with sound, are distinctive and powerful. I need to see everything by him!
>>
>>83939715
Intolerance is great.
>tfw the Babylon part
>>
>>83940364
better than intolerance?
>>
File: buster_k.png (596KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
buster_k.png
596KB, 640x480px
>>83941318
three ages > intolerance
>>
>>83942434
Ranking for Three Ages
Roman story >Caveman story >modern story
>>
>>83939715
>yay a /film/ general thread!
>it's about Griffith again

could we please stop it with this meme?
>>
>>83941318
Orphans of the Storm is better than Intolerance. So is the full version of Mother and the Law. If you like Antonioni though, you'll prefer Griffith's near-plotless films like Romance of Happy Valley, True Heart Susie, White Rose, Greatest Question in Life, and Isn't Life Wonderful
>>
File: uuuu.png (538KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.png
538KB, 640x480px
>>83942458
Caveman is the best for me
>>
>>83939715
Who /WayDownEast/ here?

Also rate Szurkulet.
>>
>>83943462
>Also rate Szurkulet.

11/10
>>
File: 1356803489677.png (275KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1356803489677.png
275KB, 480x360px
>>83943302
Hmm Griffith already did cavemen
>>
>>83943680
vitus pls
sup?
are you the one who always makes these threads?
>>
>>83944058
you're right Szurkulet is above ratings

yo
and nope
>>
>>83944318
Are you going to see any movies in the theater soon?
>>
>>83944457
don't think so, I'm going on holiday soon but so hype for Joe and Cao GuimarĂ£es in the Fall
>>
>>83944566
Have fun in Italy! I'm jelly.
>so hype
Same. Hopefully they'll be there and we can both get BTFO by them again.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.