[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The WItch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Is it any good?
>>
Absolute shit.
>>
>>83933963
It's not good, it's actually great.
>>
File: 1476753243879.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1476753243879.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>83933963
ye it's good
>>
It excels at building tension and the overall ominous atmosphere was well done.
>>
>>83933963
Probably my favourite movie in the last 5 years
>>
>>83935034
this
>>
>>83933963

I wish, so deeply, that I could have seen this at my local independent cinema. Rather, I saw it with, by far, the worst (Regal) audience that I've ever been a part of. They were laughing and poking fun at The Witch throughout its entirety. Never before... never, have I heard so many people utter the words "that was a terrible film" upon leaving a theater. And directed at a film which towers over the vast majority of its respective genre? I was stunned, maddened, infuriated. This film, it deserves better than the general populace; it deserves better than the buffoonery that are the masses. I'm apologize for writing such a sour, disdainful and haughty "review." It's just been quite some time since I've been this frustrated by the individuals surrounding me. Sadly, I cannot apply a rating because I have yet to truly experience this film, but if I was to, it would be a very, very high rating.
>>
>>83933963
Go watch the film and decide for yourself you spineless opinion leeching faggot, I could say it's absolute shit or the best film ever who cares
but yeah it's really good
>>
File: 1409496163586.jpg (151KB, 535x718px) Image search: [Google]
1409496163586.jpg
151KB, 535x718px
>>83935100
>>
>>83935100
That's because horror as a genre has come to such shit that it is considered as a separate thing from film by the general audience.

Like when you go to see a horror, the majority of the audience judges the movies completely different from than an action/thriller/drama with hard preconcieved expectations of what it should be. It's like all the movie elements dissapear and the only measurement of quality of the movie is how many times you got "spooked". It's almost like a rollercoaster ride, not a movie for them.
Same thing happens with every movie that get's the "horror" tag but isn't the usual jumpscare fest. The studio had to market The Witch as a "scare" horror movie so more people would see it, and when they actually watch it they don't care about the family relations and character development and the production design etc, they just want to get some loud noises after a few seconds of silence every now and then and go home happy "hehe that was spooky"

It's quite sad really.
>>
File: totwistdeliciously.jpg (115KB, 898x942px) Image search: [Google]
totwistdeliciously.jpg
115KB, 898x942px
I'm not much for fancy films, more of a flick guy, but I really loved the atmosphere of this movie. It helped that all the actors knew how to keep your attention so it didnt feel like watching a painting or something. If I had to compare it to something it was like someone made a movie out of a black metal album.

Also it made me want to get a goat as a pet because Black Phillip seemed cute for a while.
>>
>>83933963
I only got 30 minutes or so in before I shut that shit off.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.