[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: p168385_p_v8_aa.jpg (320KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p168385_p_v8_aa.jpg
320KB, 960x1440px
What went wrong?
>>
The guy was an edgy retard.
>>
didn't know his berries
>>
>>83916238
The berries were not poisonous
>>
>>83916168
turns out long distance hikers and hippies have better things to do with their time than shell out $15 to watch a hollywood docudrama
>>
>>83916168
He was an ill-prepared yuppie that didn't think ahead of time because he was too busy pretending to be whimsical and aloof.
>>
autism
>>
>>83916168
He was literally a piece of shit thinking he's the biggest turd in the toilet, only to be flushed down the drain and eaten by sewer rats.
>>
>>83916168
everytime i see this poster i think it's little miss sunshine
>>
>>83916168
Tried to go full hardcore mode and skipped the tutorial (implying someone could live alone in fucking Alaska). The movie was good though
>>
he didn't let the old guy adopt him
>>
Movies conservatives will NEVER understand general?
>>
>>83917229
There is a hardcore survivalist that did it. Check out "alone in the wilderness" or something
>>
I love how his story triggers conformist little cucks every time.
Face it you cucks: not everyone is happy in this golden cage
>>
>>83918009
>not everyone is happy in this golden cage
and most people put some thought into it before dying the the words like a retard
>>
File: 1496602068051.png (145KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1496602068051.png
145KB, 500x522px
>>83916168
Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.
>>
>>83917871
A conservative would have been raised near the wilderness and known how to survive
>>
>>83917912
Yeah but that guy was a fucking genius and literally built his own fucking log cabin
>>
>>83918228
You are pretty dumb.
His "passion" wasn't nature or Alaska. He just wanted out of the society he grew up in and he didn't have any viable alternative
>>
I like how a bunch of dumb normeis think this movie is glorifying or romanticizing him. It's not, it's showing him as heavily flawed, but at the same time understandable. Not every movie has to boil down to "this guy is right and amazing" or "this guy was wrong and literally hitler"
>>
>>83918365
Grizzly Man did it better.
>>
>>83918346
>getting rekt by stale copy pasta

kek
>>
>>83918346
This, if you watched the movie it makes it pretty obvious that he was just running away from his parents.
>>
>>83918473
Hurr replied to old pasta= trolled/10 hurrr
>>
Didn't bed loli Kstew
Realized his error with dying breath
>>
>>83918365
He is wrong though. If you think society is shit, you don't run away from it. You acquire some firearms and shoot up a public place.
>>
>>83918662
EDGY
>>
>>83917229
>who is comfy dick proenneke
Hello underage
>>
>>83918228
Nice, gave me a few wry grins m8.

Good amount of surrealism, a dash more subtlety at the beginning could have made the descent have more impact. You have talent.

Btw, if you want more kekworthy stories of retards getting recked by their naivity, check out the homeless general on /out/ , or /vagabond on the site that shall not be named. Or google "oogles" - they are homeless antifa punks so disgusting even ither homeless despise them
>>
>>83918346
One way ticket from Atlanta to Tanzania costs about a grand. He could have escaped modern western society if he wanted. Sure, there's Coca-Cola in the cities of Tanzania but in the rural areas he could have been a god.
>>
>>83918539
Her expressionless demeanor worked well for her character in the movie.
>>
It's pretty clear he was mentally ill. Not to mention his father had a completely different family that he hid from them. His mom knew about it but didn't say anything because she didn't want to harm their social standing.
That kind of thing can get you pretty pissed off at the idea of social heirarchy.

Anyway, the point of the film isn't to ""like"" him. It's a tragedy. You aren't supposed to like Macbeth either, but people back then didn't sperg out about it.
>>
>>83920701
>Anyway, the point of the film isn't to ""like"" him. It's a tragedy. You aren't supposed to like Macbeth either, but people back then didn't sperg out about it.
The thing that makes tragedies work is that we can understand why people fall into the tragedies they fall into. We know it's wrong and we may dislike the character, but generally people understand and to a degree sympathize with the character's motivations. Macbeth made a power grab and had to deal with the consequences of his lust for power, which is something people can understand.

All of that shit is not the case with this guy.
>>
>>83920945
Can you not be sympathetic to what I said earlier? Imagine finding out at age 16 that your dad has a whole new family that he's raised in secret. Another women. Different kids. And the finding out that your mom knew, but she was too caught up in suburban social politics to actually stand up and do anything about.

Would that not make you somewhat cynical about that values that society teaches us to hold?
>>
File: oswald34.jpg (52KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
oswald34.jpg
52KB, 500x295px
>>83918009
LOL edgemaster right here.

Grow up kid, you are not even 1/100th of the way down the road yet
>>
>>83921041
Life is hard. Dealing with this shit is part of being an adult.
>>
>>83921041
No, it would make me grow the fuck up and see my parents as flawed humans and if I decided to take a trip up to the Alaskan wilderness I'd at least prepare for it like. That's the problem, he was an adult but he was acting like a stupid toddler running away from his problems and he died for his idiocy good riddance .

Kudos to your baiting though.
>>
File: don.png (933KB, 1181x665px) Image search: [Google]
don.png
933KB, 1181x665px
Maybe I'm old but I really felt for the parents.

Couldn't him just send them a post card to let them now he was alive?

The same with that old guy who made leather belts.
>>
>>83916168
“Young people," McDonald said contemptuously. "You always think there's something to find out."

"Yes, sir," Andrews said.

"Well, there's nothing," McDonald said. "You get born, and you nurse on lies, and you get weaned on lies, and you learn fancier lies in school. You live all your life on lies, and then maybe when you're ready to die, it comes to you — that there's nothing, nothing but yourself and what you could have done. Only you ain't done it, because the lies told you there was something else. Then you know you could of had the world, because you're the only one that knows the secret; only then it's too late. You're too old."

"No," Andrews said. A vague terror crept from the darkness that surrounded them, and tightened his voice. "That's not the way it is."

>"You ain't learned, then," McDonald said. "You ain't learned yet. . . .”
>>
>>83921254
Classic spoilt rich kid 'punishing' him parents really. Except he actually died, which obviously wasn't part of the plan.
>>
>>83917912
I think he was slightly more prepared than Ol' Chris.
>>
>>83916168
>Go out into one of the harshest environments on the planet with zero preparations or applicable skillsets
>Expect to survive

Dunning–Kruger Effect: The Movie
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.