[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REALISTIC HOW WILL THIS MOVIE DO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

>TFW YOU GO TO WATCH THE MOVIE AND GET ROBBED BY A BUNCH OF BLACKS
>>
Black-centered movies are doing really well. Moonlight and Get Out both focused on black issues and made back about 20 times their budget. The black demographic evidently WILL show up to movies about them. Add on that it's a Marvel movie and I seriously doubt it will be anything near a flop. This is apparently the kind of movie people want to see.
>>
>>83907228
Trailer seems promising, and given the actor/acting from Black Panther from "Civil War" I'm guessing it'll do pretty good.
>>
>>83907228
marvel (or hell just comicbook movie) fanboys money is guaranteed since they would be scared to say the watched every single marvel movies except black panther

its gonna earn enough to cover the budget

dont know if the chinamen will dig it, though it might get some traction in africa and france
>>
>>83907884
Tack on 90+% from rottennumaletoes and you've got yourself 700-800 million worldwide
>>
If you dont watch it u are racist, so that way it'll make some money.
>>
>>83907948
>implying anyone gives a shit about RT scores

Just look at Transformers
>>
>>83907884
>Moonlight did really well
>Domestic Total Gross: $27,854,932

Come on, I get it that it was some indie flick with a very low budget, but if I make a movie that costs 1 $ to produce and I sell 2 tickets, I can't brag that I made 20 times my budget back.
>>
It's fucking Marvel and it has the political SJW clickbait aspect to it so it will do phenomenal domestically

foreign market will be questionable, I don't know how much the Chinese want to see a bunch of niggers in spandex playing make believe
>>
>>83907929
I hope they do more movies with the underrepresented heroes of Marvel. Heard Aquaman and Cyborg are coming soon, hopefully both will be good.
>>
>>83907228
probably very well, unless it is catastrophically bad it will score a fresh rating far above what its worth on RT and it will be pushed along side the political narratives that will ensure free advertising.
>>
Will do well in America but china will definitely not see this shit
>>
>>83908008
Moonlight's budget was 1.5 million, and with a gross of 27 million, we're looking at a return of 18x the cost of investment. If we're talking about the biz part of showbiz, that's a massive success.
>>
>>83907228
if this was realistic the wakandans would hate american niggers more the westerners do
>>
>>83907884
Moonlight and Get Out did well because the were controversial enough to get people's attention.
Black Panther only has "we wuz" shit going on.
>>
>>83908146
Why so?
>>
>>83908215
No one saw Moonlight though. It made less money domestically than that fucking Amy Schumer flick from a month or 2 ago.
>>
File: tftH7mS.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
tftH7mS.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>83908287
>No one saw Moonlight
are you even reading the thread
>>
>>83907948
The type of people who would even consider seeing this garbage do, in fact, care about RT scores
>>
It will make a lot of money. Black people go to the movies a lot. They also spend a shit TON of money on drinks and candy.
>>
>>83907884
>Black-centered movies are doing really well. Moonlight and Get Out both focused on black issues and made back about 20 times their budget
Yeah, 'cause they were low budget affairs that could bank on domestic revenue and weren't part of a franchise, the same with that black ladies from NASA film.
This movie will have a much higher budget than any of those, and therefore, higher stakes. We're gonna have to see if the Marvel brand overcomes the lack of interest black lead movies face worldwide (unless it's fronted by some big star like Will Smith, which this one isn't).
>>
>>83908287
>No one saw Moonlight though

$1.5 million[3][4]
Box office $65 million[5]

It made a lot of money for a slow-paced drama that came out in october
>>
>>83908237
Chinese people don't really care about black people.
>>
>>83908449
The Chinese won't watch a fucking movie with a black lead.
That's going to fuck the income on this movie up seriously.
>>
>>83908494
Suicide Squad did well enough without a China release, and it was a fucking awful movie.
>>
File: getout-2.png (29KB, 658x292px) Image search: [Google]
getout-2.png
29KB, 658x292px
>>83908477
haha yeah
>>
>>83908494
>>83908537
>>
>>83908494
What do they care?
There isn't much of a history there unlike America.

They rather hate the Japanese.
>>
>>83908407
Nope, Normies don't give a fuck about RT.
>>
>>83907228

It will def make more money than Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.
>>
>>83908621
They don't care, and that's why they don't watch them. It's apathy more than hatred.
I mean, do you think a movie with an all Asian cast would do well in the US?
>>
>>83908745
>it's apathy
And why would they be interested into seeing a movie with white leads? At least someone black is more exotic and interesting to them.

>I mean, do you think a movie with an all Asian cast would do well in the US?
Sure why not.
>>
File: download (23).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (23).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
ITT us white bois holding on to China B. O. numbers for dear life.

Make sure to burn a cross for good luck guys.
>>
>>83908537
holy shit. any idea why it made so much money there?
>>
>>83908537
I don't blame him for thinking that. 'Get Out' is out of sync with trends in Asia. Let's see if things continue this way with BP.
>>
It's Marvel
Even Dr. Strange starring that ayy lmao looking motherfucker made mad money
>>
TFW people arent worrying about the theater being shot up because whites are gonna boycott a movie with mostly blacks
>>
>>83908847
>And why would they be interested into seeing a movie with white leads? At least someone black is more exotic and interesting to them.
That's not how it works at all. They've been having relations with white people since forever and have been exposed to western media for a very long time as well. Black people are too foreign for them. And exotism can work, if you also have some familiar element to relate to. And all black movie doesn't.

>Sure why not.
How many Asian big stars are there in Hollywood?
>>
>>83908537
>>83908494
it seems comunism destroyed even chinese racism
sad
>>
>>83908537
I don't get the point of posting this, since Get Out wasn't even released in China.
>>
>>83909214
And it's a piece of Western media.
The movie's gonna be the same as all the other capeshit, how is that too foreign to them?

There are zero Asians and Blacks where I live and grew up in but I can still enjoy movies like Battle Royale, Seven Samurai, Eddie Murphy comedies, Friday, .etc.
>>
>>83908537
That paragraph talks about the great wall though
>>
>>83909392
Yes, but you're not the general audience. I've never interacted with blacks or asians, yet I do watch a lot of movies with them. But that's not how most people are, and a movie like Black Panther aims at a general audience, not a niche one like Get Out or Moonlight.
It's probable that this won't even get a release in China, because they have a western movie quota and the distributors are gonna put their money on safer things. An all black film is not attractive to Chinese people, just like all Asian films aren't attractive to western people.
>>
>>83909425
Oh, wait, did that retard think that Get Out made 170 million in China?
>>
>>83909530
That's exactly and unironically what that retard was implying
>>
File: getout.png (504KB, 1012x460px) Image search: [Google]
getout.png
504KB, 1012x460px
>>83909218
Check out 'Get Out' in South Korea.

>“Get out,” released by UPI, earned $7.48 million from 1 million admissions in five days, accounting for 39% of the weekend box office.
>>
>>83909503
Everyone in my predominantly non-Black country likes Coming to America.
As long as the movie good and has mass appeal, I don't see a problem.
>>
>>83909611
Do you live in China?
>>
>>83909719
Do you?
>>
>>83907228
Normies will eat it up. Critics will see that and call for an Oscar because they have a nigger with a piece of wood for his mouth acting White.

Even though its guaranteed 100% pure formulated Marvel movie

It will be praised within 2 hours of release for its diversity. Buzzfeed, HuffPo, Vox, Salon, etc. will all call for more "diverse" films and how they are the future etc etc, citing how well this does.
>>
>>83909581
well korea is a usa colony
>>
>>83909727
No, but I'm just talking about how things are historically. They don't buy movies with a predominantly black cast.
My point is that we'll have to see if they do buy this one, and if the Marvel brand overcomes the apathy these people feel towards black fronted films and makes people go to watch the movie regardless.
And worldwide, that's somewhat true as well. See how much money Hidden Figures, Get Out and Moonlight have done outside the US. And see how much money similar movies with white leads have done.
I'm not saying it will fail, we don't know. It might be the movie that opens the international market for more black movies for all we know. That's what's going to be interesting to see.
>>
>>83908537
Well played. That's the best magic trick I've seen since the devil convince people he doesn't exist
>>
>>83907228
HELLA DIVERSE
>>
>>83907948
You forgot to subtract all the money they usually make from China
>>
>98% RT score 6.6/10 rating
>$75M opening weekend but don't worry, it'll break some bullshit record too
It will be a piece of shit of course
>>
>>83908032
Nothing about BP is political
>>
>work with bunch of plebs
>they dont know shit about memes or comics or real nerdstuff
>love Marvel thought
>OMG did you see the new Thor trailer????? SO AWESOME
>OMG DID YOU SEE SPIDEEEEEEYYTRAILER
>Black Panther trailer comes out
>nothing
>no one even knows about this

it will probably be on par with Ant Man
>>
>directed by Tyler Perry

No thanks
>>
>>83907228
It'll do very well in Africa. In all the 4 theaters.
>>
>>83907884
Yeah but this isn't the same. It'll be successful, but not by marvel standards. Moonlight and Get Out weren't escapism fantasy like superhero movies. Many people won't want to go see Black Panther because it's a hard character to relate to. Wonder Woman didn't have this problem despite being a female because she's a top 5-7 comic book character in terms of popularity.
>>
>>83907884
Moonlight did shit and Get Out did below average. what are you smoking? black movies do shit.
>>
>>83909581
Look up Get Outs total gross in Korea. It did shit there.
>>
>>83907884
>Get Out
That film had cinemas full of niggers chimping out and calling for the death of white people. Something that literally happened when I saw it at the cinema

Can tell already the villain of Black Panther will be white
>>
>>83913567

>Get Out did below average

it's literally only behind the Exorcist in highest grossing horror movies, and one of the top grossing R movies period
>>
>>83914174
>needing to specify "horror movies" to try and win the argument
LMFAO, nice job retard.
>>
>>83914174
>it's literally only behind the Exorcist in highest grossing horror movies
No it isn't , are you fucking stupid? Check BoxOfficeMojo to get BTFO.
>>
>>83914470
>>83914568

>GET OUT UNDERPERFORMED IT'S BELOW AVERAGE
>>
>>83914993
>still needing to lower the bar for how well it did by adding a bunch of dumb restrictions like genre and rating
>even then you still get proven wrong and you can verify that by looking at BofOfficeMojo
Keep being retarded, faggot.
>>
>>83913567
Moonlight is the most succesful movie a24 has done...wtf are you talking about
>>
>>83915140
>only 25 million
>OMG EVERYBODY WATCHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice logic retard, we're talking about box office gross here.
>>
File: AllEyez_poster.jpg (19KB, 220x324px) Image search: [Google]
AllEyez_poster.jpg
19KB, 220x324px
Are we in the age of blackino?
>>
>>83915132
FUCKing kill YOURself you retarded brain dead racist piece of shit! You know less than shit about movie economics you inbred redneck hillbilly
>>
>>83907228
Whatever is the opposite of the general /tv/ consensus since /tv/ is always wrong.
>>
>>83915186
Yeah it did 65 on a budget of 1,5----how hard is it for you to understand that is a great result? and it even did bigger bank abroad then domestic.....this is literally a little indie film....don't discuss box office if you don't know what you are talking about
>>
>>83908032
>, I don't know how much the Chinese want to see a bunch of niggers in spandex playing make believe

They worship black NBA players like literal Gods over there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=crp2Nk2VMn8
>>
>>83915342
>b-b-b-but muh return!!!!!!!!1
>in a thread talking about box office gross
Go be retarded somewhere else.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 98x94px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 98x94px
>this is gonna make 800 million
>every blockbuster in 5 years is just going to be all black casts
>every story will revolve around how oppressed they are
>this is literally going to happen
>>
>>83915463
Finally some diversity.
>>
>Wakandans hate other niggers and would rather they'd starve to death than let them in.
>They built a wall...
>>
>>83908178
There's no evidence that if Moonlight multiplied its budget by 100 that it would make any more money.
>>
>>83915414
>But Moonliggggt made 25 million and won an oscar....black movies don't do well
>i'm white and i say so

Get out of here....trying to save face by acting like you trolling now..Black movies win.
>>
File: 1487034752968.jpg (81KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487034752968.jpg
81KB, 1024x1024px
>>83907228
>mfw I will have gone to see all marvel and DC movies in the theatre except wonder woman and black panther

G-guys am I a racist sexist nazi?
>>
>>83915616
No, you've already watched 20+ movies with jewish leads. You can't be a nazi
>>
File: 5893053-killmonger+movie.jpg (60KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
5893053-killmonger+movie.jpg
60KB, 600x553px
>>83915533
>tfw I'll see this movie and find out that Erik Killmonger did nothing wrong.
>>
>>83907228
>In USA very few whites will watch it since the cast is all black.
>Same in Western Europe.
>Chinese won`t even touch it.
>Rest of the world don`t give two shits about niggers.

What do you think OP?.
>>
>>83913567
>Moonlight did shit
Moonlight was an indie darling with a 1.5 Million dollar budget and limited screening that premiered at a festival and still performed very successfully, are you retarded?
>>
>>83915229
Its getting slaughtered in the reviews. So, No.
>>
File: 1390063418792-2.jpg (85KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1390063418792-2.jpg
85KB, 600x602px
>>83907228

why do you even ask /tv/? we've been proved wrong for so many times, its not even funny anymore.
>>
>>83916818
>>83915606

25 Million isn't anything to write home about. That is literal children's play. Captain fucking Underpants doubled that. How are you literally so braindead retarded? Is it your tiny african minds stomping around urging you to go 'WE WUZ' ?

Please can we get a containment board for braindead niggers? its exhausting even reading their drivel.
>>
>>83908215
And the fact that it's a MCU movie.
>>
>>83907884

Moonlight worldwide box office is 65 million. It was a success because it was low budget and got a ton of awards because muh gays, muh controversy.

Black Panther is your generic Marvel movie with 150 million budget + 100 million marketing. It needs to make over 500 million $ to even start turning profit.
>>
>>83907228

They are making a terrible mistake aiming this movie at blacks only.

They are 10-15% of world's population. If other people feel alienated by it box office is going to be shit.

They could turn it into a fascinating movie about Africa. Instead they are trying to make afro american movie with we wuz and hip hop. If mainstream feels that this is a movie for hood boyz it may have Hulk tier box office.
>>
>>83917478
>we

You mean kino spewing /pol/ retards.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.