[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>batman v superman grosses 650 million in first 2 weeks >OMG!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1495646251713.jpg (3KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1495646251713.jpg
3KB, 245x245px
>batman v superman grosses 650 million in first 2 weeks
>OMG! FLOP! FAILURE! CAN DC EVER RECOVER?
>Wonder Woman grosses 450 million in first 2 weeks
>SUBLIME! EPIC VICTORY FOR DC! WILL THE MCU EVER RECOVER?

Is this strange, or am I missing something?
>>
>>83903869
The previous 2 solo Batman movies both made over a billion dollars each
The fact that BvS couldn't, even though it had Batman AND Superman AND Wonder Woman, is a pretty big sign of a failure
BvS also had twice the budget (300m) of WW (149m)
>>
File: file.png (347KB, 1858x782px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
347KB, 1858x782px
>>83903869
BvS was undoubtedly the better movies (if capeshit could ever be placed on a spectrum containing good).

But I made less profit. It wasn't a bomb, but for that kind of IP and publicity, it should have done Avenger numbers.
>>
>>83903869
>>83904004

I just realized that for all the hype about >muh womyn heroine, WW made less than any of the Katnip movies.
>>
Batman vs Superman was supposed to be Avengers-tier. It was supposed to be DC's masterpiece, the movie that elevated them up to Marvel's level. It didn't. It was a decent movie, certainly better than Avengers 2, but still, it failed to make that kind of cash.
>>
>>83903973
>>83904004
>>83904081
>>83904004
So is the delineation "budget vs profit"? That's it, in essence?

Does that make Deadpool the most successful capeshit of all time?
>>
>>83904174
Probably, yeah. It was probably the best capeshit too. Which isn't saying much, but meh, it's the only one I'd rather watch again.

(Batman solo is kino, not capeshit).
>>
Didn't BvS have a marketing budget that cost as much as the actual film?
>>
>>83904174
>Does that make Deadpool the most successful capeshit of all time?

It's the most successful R-rated movie of all time
>>
I liked both of them so I don't really care.
>>
>>83903869
It's because "Men make more money than women" so they're just doing the math.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.