[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the new Twin Peaks worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: Twin_Peaks_2017_Poster.jpg (121KB, 250x340px) Image search: [Google]
Twin_Peaks_2017_Poster.jpg
121KB, 250x340px
>>
>>83893747
yeas
>>
Nope. None of the charm of the old show. The original actors are basically just cameos in a Lynchian clusterfuck that isn't going anywhere storywise. It's a cash grab by a dying hack.
>>
Not really.
>>
>all these plebs on /tv/

can't wait for summer break to be over

OP if you watch anything like GoT, Walking Dead, or Agents of Shield skip it. If you've enjoyed shows like Mad Men, Sopranos, and art house then watch it
>>
Yes, definitely. It's pure kino. Ignore the plebs.
>>
>>83893747
Yes. It's just incredibly slow.
>>
>>83893747
Yes. Don't listen to the Lynched cucks who will say no.
>>
>>83893967
>reddit spacing
Way to invalidate everything you say.
>>
>>83893747
There's a midget with an ice pick killing old ladies.
Lynch is back!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170612-190434.jpg (461KB, 1304x871px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170612-190434.jpg
461KB, 1304x871px
>>83893864
Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D
>>
Yeah if you've seen S1+S2+FWWM and like Inland Empire.

Everyone else will/does hate it.
>>
>>83894162
>and like Inland Empire
This is really the litmus test. If you can't handle Lynch doing weird shit for the sake of weird and pretending it's art, you won't like it.
>>
Dpends on how much you like Lynch. And by that I mean Lost Highway/Mulholland Drive/Inland Empire Lynch because at times it has has more in common with those than with the old show.
>>
>>83893747
skip episodes 10-21
>>
It's not even that its not like the old show, that I can accept. It's just that it's a pile of garbage with no direction, meaning or merit. And this is coming from someone who's loved everything else he's seen of Lynch (well, besides Dune, of course). It's really pathetic that this is what he's come up with after all this time.
>>
>>83894250
>at times
Most of the time.
>>83894326
>well, besides Dune, of course
Awesome groupthink you've displayed. Upboat.
>>
>>83894326
it's a 18 hour movie
>>
It's already going off the rails. Characters that were introduced in Episode 1? You're never going to hear from them again. It's more of the same self-indulgences that derailed the 90's series. But feel free to go "oooh" and "ahhh" because you've been told to.
>>
>>83894368
The reason I don't like Dune isn't because no one else does, I don't like it because it was a piece of shit movie.
Is summer over yet?
>>
>>83893864
A Lynchian clusterfuck can't be a cash grab.
>>
>>83894492
>The reason I don't like Dune isn't because no one else does
Yes, that's the reason.
>I don't like it because it was a piece of shit movie.
That's the reason you want everyone to think because you want to feel like a cool kid and accepted for once.
>Is summer over yet?
Its been summer since 2009. What a stupid newfag question. Reddit wants you back.
>>
>>83894622
It is when you're just marketing the name Lynch to faggy hipster millennials who are obsessed with le irony and "getting it".
>>
>>83893747
You tell me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwryl0tKN8M
>>
>>83894492
>calling Dune a piece of shit

This is how I know you're a casual.
>>
>>83894629
typical lynch fanboy
don't you ever tire? do you have nothing else in your life?
>>
>>83894437
lol no
>>
>>83894700
what are your thoughts on Inland Empire, anon? since you're clearly the arbiter of taste around here I'd like to know if I'm casual for liking it and not liking Dune
>>
>>83894749
>no arguments
>whiteknighting for anther poster because daddy wasn't around to tell you that's gay and being gay isn't acceptable
>types like a nigger
I'm seeing a pattern.
>>
the ammounts of insecurity in this thread are incredible

>I-i didn't like it, therefore people who enjoy it must be pretending, i-it has to be bad!!
>>
>>83894793
>people didn't like it? they must be wrong. this is lynch, my god and personal savior! must defend must defend
>>
>>83894793
It's not so much that they're pretending, it's just that they're too stupid and blinded by the Lynchtard cult of personality to know any better.
>>
>>83894813
>>83894831
except it's genuinely good and there are a lot of reasons to like it. Especially if you're a fan of the show. Just because it's unconventional and its own thing doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>83893747
All memes aside, yes. Just as the original series was innovative television at the time, so is this season now. It's totally different than any show ever aired. That, plus the fact that it was clearly made with purpose and care, and is a rare example of a continuation that's not a cash grab or nostalgia fest, is reason alone to watch it. Now, I also think it's really good, but I'm biased as I enjoy both the original series and Lynch's works. It's slow and abstract, and is obviously both dramatic and comedic, even simultaneously, which seems to throw people. So the answer is yes, regardless of whether you're "patrician or not" it's worth checking out, and if you have a taste for Lynch or experimental film (television) making, then chances are you'll like it too.
>>
>>83893747
Gave up on after ep2, and I watched the original right before this came on waiting for it. I'll prolly end up binging it and not enjoying it tho
>>
File: 1490986041220.jpg (128KB, 647x670px) Image search: [Google]
1490986041220.jpg
128KB, 647x670px
>>83895197
>it was clearly made with purpose and care, and is a rare example of a continuation that's not a cash grab or nostalgia fest
>>
>>83895291
Provide a reasonable counter argument to that or gtfo
>>
>>83895291
Refute me
>>
People who don't like S3 are the same plebs who Don't like Better Call Saul because it doesn't have the edgy drugdealer/gangster stuff from BrBa.
>>
>>83895341
>>83895343
>they come to 4chan for arguments because they think that's what his site is for
We aren't on your home site of reddit. I'm not obligated to refute you subjective opinion, you long-winded self-involved fucking dunce.
>>
>>83895376
[citation needed]
>>
>>83894629
>jocking a film makers dick this hard because you don't want to admit they made a shit film once
jesus
>>
>>83895435
Joke's on you, retard. I don't even like Lynch. I just don't think Dune is substantially worse than the rest of his shit. The next time you think you have a thought, keep it to yourself. Because you don't.
>>
>>83895383
>feels like he can lecture on """4chan culture""" (or even the need to)
>actually and unironically
calls someone a redditor
Sad really.
>>
>>83895497
>newfag multiple quotation meme
>can't even get a full post of greentext right
>can't stop talking about irony like a redditor
>thinks his posts are valued
Summer breeze.
>>
>>83895383
>le ebic taiwanese origami forum edgelord troll

Maybe you don't like the show because you're underage.

captcha: packard inicio
>>
>>83895546
>unironically bringing up reddit as some kind of insult
>>
>>83895552
>reddit spacing
>le funny name for 4chan meme
>edgy as an insult
>calling people young because they have better taste than you
>>
>>83895581
>reddit is acceptable
>look how contrarian i am xD
>>
>>83895546
>Still replying
Get a life. I honestly hope you're baiting, there's no way someone is THIS mad over either someone's statement on a tv show, or the way they're posting on a website
>>
>>83895581
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>83895622
>>Still replying
>Get a life
Get a life.
>THIS
Capitalizing for emphasis is what learning disabled people do because they can't communicate with any nuance.
>mad
Having to pretend you have an emotional affect on strangers from the internet just because you're getting BTFO? That's simply sad and the mark of someone who feels completely powerless irl. Get professional help.
>>
>>83895493
>getting this upset on the internet
stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>83895711
Read the post above the one you just posted.
>>
>>83895680
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>83894655
Sounds like you got
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D
>>
>>83895808
>having to retreat into regurgitating buzzwords when you get BTFO
>>
>>83895591
>reddit spacing
>using this as an actual argument
>>
>>83895613
>>83895647
>>83895591
>being genuinely afraid of a website
>>
New Twin Peaks feels like a weird mix of FWWM and Lynch's other movies, the original show, and Fargo. If you like 2 of those, watch it.
>>
>>83894655

There's too much violence against women for it to be marketed to hipster millennials.
>>
>>83894008

Why did that woman have a trap/hip hop theme? I really don't get that.
>>
>>83896188
>pretending it's not an argument just because you visit there daily and don't understand why you're not welcome here
>>83896213
>being that retard who thinks homophobes are literally afraid of queers
>>
>>83894682

The result of too much Alpha Brain.
>>
>>83896285
>>83896300
>>83896327
>being that moronic tourist who replies to posts from 2 hours ago
>>
>>83894762
I've seen INLAND EMPIRE once in 2007 and wasn't crazy about it. It should have have been much shorter, and a movie should never be filmed until the script is finished. I will likely watch it again soon while waiting for new Twin Peaks episodes. I withhold final judgement on David Lynch movies until I've seen them at least twice, but right now IE seems mediocre.

Btw The best part was cannabilized from his short film "Rabbits".
>>
>>83896320
>thinking that only redditors use spacing

>"don't understand why you're not welcome here"
>being this elitist about 4chan
>>
>>83896362
>a movie should never be filmed until the script is finished
The entire point of the movie is that Lynch got a digital camera and wanted to film stuff with it so he didn't bother with a script. And stuff from his Rabbits shorts, along with being included in the movie, inspired certain parts of the movie. So while there was no full script quite a few of the ideas for the movie started with the stuff in Rabbits.

It's my favorite of his movies honestly, and one of my favorite movies altogether. I can understand why some people might not like it though. It makes me really happy that while Season 3 is a lot more coherent than IE that there still seems to be quite a bit of influence from it coming through.
>>
>>83896407
>wahhhh
>stop pointing out why i don 't belong here you big meanie elitist
If fag had done thier job years ago, you never would've been allowed to pretend you're accepted here.
>>
File: mw82y1WzOw1rovfcgo2_1280.jpg (65KB, 700x461px) Image search: [Google]
mw82y1WzOw1rovfcgo2_1280.jpg
65KB, 700x461px
>>83896421
>It's my favorite of his movies honestly, and one of my favorite movies altogether.

Posts like yours make me excited about eventually watching IE again.

I watched Dune on rental vhs back in 1999, and I didn't like it the first time, either. Watched the maligned Alan Smithee cut on the (then spelled) Sci-Fi Channel, then the vhs again. One of my favorite movies, led me to the Dune books as well as Mulholland Drive, Twin Peaks, etc.
>>
>>83896458
LMAO
>>
>>83894046
reddit spacing?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.