[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Futurama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5523.jpg (82KB, 530x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5523.jpg
82KB, 530x543px
I stopped watching the show after season 7 but I plan on watching the last 3. Overall what are your thoughts on the last few seasons of the show compared to the previous ones?
Also this thread can be for just general discussion of the show because it's nice to reminisce about childhood shows.
>>
>>83884416
They're not as good, they feel like the show should have evolved past much of what is happening between characters.
>>
>>83884452
Damn that really sucks but I honestly though the show kinda lost it around the time they joined Comedy Central and after beast with a billion backs.
>>
>>83884633
I am the only one that liked Into The Wild Green Yonder?
>>
>>83884633
It's not terrible, but the show has a different tone. I think the final episode with Fry and Leela and the time loop was fantastic, but there are some weak ones.
>>
>>83884792
I haven't actually watched it yet but generally the movies were pretty solid.
>>
>>83884792
Actually never mind I did watch it and I thought it was pretty good
>>
>>83884848
I found the post-movies Futurama still generally solid, but because the episodes were still kinda original and even the usual stuff (obligatory romantic episode with Fry and Leela separated by time) was well executed.
I just found the characters quite weak and contradictory with the stablished lore. Like Amy going robosexual, or too much back and forth between Fry and Leela - we should have gone past that.
>>
>>83885012
I think it gave a good closure to the series without overdoing it.
Still probably nothing beats the ending of Big Score, even if it kinda ruined Jurassic Bark
>>
>>83885158
I agree 100%

The last few seasons felt really formulaic as if they got new writers who write the episodes like following a kitchen recipe
>>
>>83884792

that's the best one
>>
>>83885288
I can see how it messes that up but it does make me happy that Seymour still has fry. Although i still think the point of the episode still holds up with accepting the loss of your pet.
>>
Post-Season 5 Futurama really falls flat for me. I don't know what it is, but I stopped laughing, stopped enjoying, and stopped watching.
>>
>>83885540
This. Personally I what made 1-5 so great is that a lot of the episodes had more than just humor all the time, the characters seemed like they actually grew.
>>
>>83885638
Yes, this is what I meant here. >>83885158

6-7 are fine but you feel 1-5 more real in continuity and character grow.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.