[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS PLOT HOLEZ POST EM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 79

File: sadfleck.jpg (4MB, 2400x3070px) Image search: [Google]
sadfleck.jpg
4MB, 2400x3070px
>why did Lex give his Mercenaries in Africa bullets with his name on it?
>How did Batman know what Kryptonite was, without knowing that Lex had it?
>How did Lex know that the bat signal on the old Gotham PD building being lit was Batman was challenging Superman to a fight?
>Why did Perry change his mind about getting a chopper for Lois ON THE ROOF after she said it wasn't for a story?
>Why did the man that Lex molested with candy give him access to everything, and how was he able to do that?
>Why did Lex blow up congress for not letting him import Kryptonite, after he had already smuggled Kryptonite?
>Why didn't Superman save Jimmy Olson?
>If he was in America and heard that Lois was in jeopardy in Africa, how did he not hear that his mom was in a warehouse next to a lit flame thrower a few blocks away?
>Why didn't Superman assist Batman with saving his mom?
>>
>>83882789
What's with that pic, OP? Was Jimmy Kimmel even in BvS?
>>
>>83882789
None of these are correct. You literally did not pay attention.
>>
Why do Henry Cavil and Lois Lane have no chemistry? (Afleck and Gadot have more chemistry than that shit, and Gadot was dry as a board in this movie)

What was Lex's plan for stopping doomsday after his fedora plan to "kill god" was complete?
>>
>>83882967
meant Amy Adams obviously
>>
Is pretending to be retarded funny for you faggots?
>>
>>83882789
>>why did Lex give his Mercenaries in Africa bullets with his name on it?
This actually perplexed me. Why did he give them bullets with his super secret and unique alloy or whatever that was? Why did he add the same alloy to the bomb in the wheelchair?

Why didn't Superman take away Batman's kryptonite grenades after mostly recovering from the first one?
>>
Reminder that Snyder shills are unironic furfaggots
>>
>>83883043
reminder that you're permanently asshurt about capeshit
>>
>>83882789
Why did Lex explain that his letters helped convince Bruce to fight supes, even though it is shown that the letters were not opened?
>>
>>83883085
you sound triggered
did I touch a nerve?
>>
File: =).jpg (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
=).jpg
397KB, 1920x1080px
>there are actually people on /tv/ who can't follow a capeshit film
>>
>>83882789
>1 year later
>he's still mad
>>
>>83882789
I have a hole of plot for you. Why would you post that Superman's "LITERALLY ALWAYS BEEN JESUS" then act like you'd never said that or held that totally fallacious belief?

>>83882398
>>83882533
>>83883042

https://4archive.org/board/tv/thread/69227738
>>69237254

It's just bad writing, in my opinion. On the part of whoever writes your script, intern.Keep plugging away at that FAN EDIT, though, You'll get there someday.
>>
>>83883166
is this what mental illness looks like?
>>
>>83882967
Snyder thinks that Superman isn't allowed to have emotions.

Hard to have chemistry when you have to act like your character has the personality of a wet blanket.

Goyer and Snyder did Cavil no favors.
>>
File: 1496854108572.jpg (245KB, 1223x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1496854108572.jpg
245KB, 1223x1269px
>this the actual state of the DCEU right now
How did Snyder fuck it up so badly?
>>
>>83883184
it honestly looks like paranoid schizophrenia

I genuinely feel sorry for that anon
>>
File: tumblr_o0lk8yaTaE1v0pigno1_500.jpg (41KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0lk8yaTaE1v0pigno1_500.jpg
41KB, 499x499px
>it's another BvS thread
>>
His name wasn't on them, they were just rare because they were prototypes.
Batman knew it was a remnant of the kryptonian tech and found suspicious that Lexcorp was interested in it, since Lexcorp had dealings with the military complex.
Because Perry White is aware that Superman and Clark are one and the same. Even if you ignore that he knew it was something personally and deeply important for Lois and he cares for her.
Because that senator got excited with the discovery Lex had made and wanted to see what more Lexcorp could discover with the right resources.
Because Lex had lost the key witness, who he had bought off to lie, and knew that her testimony was what got the ball rolling. He had also found out that the senator lady was a honest lady with altruistic intentions that actually wanted to hear what Superman had to say and not put a stop to him, which wouldn't help him at all. So he had to put a stop to the hearing, since he only used that as a bogus shit to do his smear campaign against Superman, not as an actual valid thing.
Superman wasn't fast enough to save Jimmy Olsen because Superman isn't some god like people make him out to be.
Nothing in the movie says he was in the USA while Lois was in Africa. The movie made it explicit that he constantly keeps an ear out for Lois, something he stopped doing for his mother. Lex subtlety pointed out he started to care more about Lois than his mother in that regard. They also cut out the scene where he tries to find out his mom in Metropolis and Gotham with his super-senses while flying.
Because Lois had told Superman and Batman that Lex was doing some weird shit with the Scout Ship that could be seen from afar, and Batman offered himself to save Superman's mother while Superman could go out to see what Lex was up to and put a stop to him.
>>
>>83883227
Because he doesn't understand the characters and is constantly shoving Objectivist supes down everyones throat.
>>
>>83883184
>>83883221

Having a better memory than a shithead that can never admit an error is not a mental illness.

He just got done making another one right here:

>>83883170

My favorite part:
>I really don't understand what the issue is.

No shit?
>>
>>83883259
What's the point of giving your clandestine operations group who you hire to do untraceable wetwork bullets that can be easily identified and traced back to you?

Why not buy regular bullets? There's plenty of those in the world. You're only going to shoot a bunch of negroes.
>>
>>83883292
>Having a better memory than a shithead that can never admit an error is not a mental illness
is that your excuse
>>
>>83883293
Considering that the only person who could link them to LexCorp was an incredibly high-ranking official that was in no way willing to go on record with it, I'd say it wasn't all that easy to link them.
>>
File: evans hahahaaaaaaa.webm (848KB, 494x408px) Image search: [Google]
evans hahahaaaaaaa.webm
848KB, 494x408px
>>83883166
hey man keep promoting me that's dope. I'm stoked I've never had a butthurt stalker before.

As for
>Why would you post that Superman's "LITERALLY ALWAYS BEEN JESUS"
Where exactly did I say that?
What I said was
>Constantly putting characters literally standing in front of metaphorical renaissance paintings and constantly making them awkwardly recreating them is like the textbook definition of "obvious." Superman was always Jesus, you don't need to literally make him that.
But sure you can latch on to that all you want. won't make BvS a good movie though
>then act like you'd never said that or held that totally fallacious belief?
It's not really a "fallacious" belief at all. Parallels between Superman and Jesus have been made since his inception.

I love this shit though. Keep it coming spank me daddy go through all my 4plebs. Keep illustrating the desperate lengths by which you have to go to defend a shitty kids movie lol.
>>83883184
Are you talking about the stalker or me studying a movie and shitposting about it? Because the answer is yes to both.
>>
>>83883335
It was still enough. There's just no point in having those special bullets. I mean bullets are really simple stuff. Why do you even need special bullets? What if they wear out your barrels too much? What if they're too light or too heavy? It's just such a bizarre way to make a reveal.
>>
>>83883031

They were prototypes. Either way, Lex knew that no one could pin him down to these things because if his involvement was made clear in them he could fuck the US and that wasn't going to happen. Lex probably did that to be smug about it.

>>83883092

Lex sent tons of shit to Bruce in order to compound his sense of guilt and rage in a effort to propel him forward to act against Superman.
>>
>>83883325
I don't need an excuse. What's yours?

As I recall, it's that you get off on abuse. You must be in heaven right now, getting called out on all your misconceptions, your inability to cede even the most elementary of points, and just being a general dickhead.

We'll give you a moment to yourself should you need one. In fact, take all the time you need, because your act is too stale to even keep me, your "stalker" entertained.
>>
>>83883370
both of you are fucking pathetic, how many hours have you spent circlejerking angrily about a year old capeshit movie? give it a break you pathetic fuck

think about all that time you spent being mad when you could've done literally ANYTHING else
>>
Why did Jack/Bruce's Co-Worker watch the world engine destroy 5 or 6 blocks of skyscrapers, but doesn't tell people to get out until Bruce calls him and tells them to get out?
>>
>>83883371

Lex was probably testing that shit in the field while also tipping his hand to be smug about his power for anyone who cared to look for it.
>>
>>83883446
>doesn't tell people to get out until Bruce calls him and tells them to get out
It's a working day, he's not a boss, he can't really tell people to interrupt their activities!

>>83883458
It's a pretty crappy test when you can't even recover the bodies and check out the wound channels and other fun stuff like that.
>>
>>83883446

The World Engine was doing some dope-ass beats. That was some real Skrillex shit.
>>
>>83883259
>His name wasn't on them, they were just rare because they were prototypes.
You're the target audience (idiot manchildren), I didn't read the rest of your stupidity.
>>
>>83882789
>ITT; OP doesn't know what a plot hole is
>>
>>83883505

The militia actually dug out the bullets from the dead bodies, though. The only bullet they lost was the one that was embedded in Lois' laptop, since she was rescued by Superman right away.
>>
>>83883414
>both of you are fucking pathetic, how many hours have you spent circlejerking angrily about a year old capeshit movie?
A lot. But I don't shitpost BvS angrily. I love the movie. It's one of my favorite bad movies ever. I enjoy the intricacies by which almost everything was a misfire.
>give it a break you pathetic fuck
I did I go on shitposting threads like once a month.
>think about all that time you spent being mad when you could've done literally ANYTHING else
Again not mad. I'm not the one personally stalking someone. And I've justified my obsession with BvS as educational. Learn a lot about how to make a good movie watching a bad movie 15 times.
>>
>>83882789
literally why did luthor do any of the things he did
>>
>>83883559
>The militia actually dug out the bullets from the dead bodies,
What's the point? It's not like you can't clearly see those people were shot first, burned second. They should've just brought flamethrowers. Or maybe some kind of laser weapons, then you'd have a justification for a super special prototype that can be linked back to LexCorp being lost. A heat gun, made to imitate Supes' eye lasers.
>>
>>83883583

Because of ego.
>>
>>83883619
wrong cinematic universe
>>
>>83883615

Who would investigate shit that deep in a fucking African country that is currently going through a civil war?
>>
>>83883646
beat me to it
>>
>>83883666
No one. And that's exactly what these dumbasses are never going to get. At best, they'd get some pictures of burnt corpses.
>>
>>83883619
what makes you think it was ego?

the only hint of motivation we ever get is "muh there was no god/hero to protect me from my father's fists"

that's literally it
>>
>>83883666
>>83883721
Well, then they didn't have to go through procedure of tracking and removing all those bullets, then? But they did remove them, but they didn't bother making it look believable. And if they used non-special bullets, they wouldn't even have to remove them. Bullets ricochet, you know. It's a pain trying to find one if you don't know where it went.

Besides, you'd think that something as dire as an implication that world's most powerful creature has anger issues would attract some serious investigation.
>>
>>83883260
And thank god for that. Personally, I'd rather have him doing that than someone like Joss Whedon shoving clichéd Wonder-bread-man down my throat even though that's already been done with Reeves' Superman, and part of the reason why Superman has such declining sales in his comics.

No one wants to read about a goody-two-shoes that's perfect and infallible (as if Superman was ever infallible), they want to read a heroic drama. Like the Death of Superman, probably the most important, noted, and climactic event in comics history. Sorry kid, but the time of Superman saving Lois by flying the earth backwards is over.
>>
>>83883572
>once a month

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/SqkY3m7a4AGsQ5dRVELvDA/

Now pull the other one.
>>
>>83883725

Pay better attention next time. Lex whole problem is that he feel inadequate and powerless thanks to Superman existence and try to come up with ways of dragging Superman down to his level or elevating himself above that of Superman.
>>
>>83883820
>Lex whole problem is that he feel inadequate and powerless thanks to Superman existence
what makes you think he thinks that?
>>
>>83883746

>Besides, you'd think that something as dire as an implication that world's most powerful creature has anger issues would attract some serious investigation.

That's the whole point of the hearing.
>>
>>83883870
>>83883820
also, that's not ego, that's jealousy or vanity
>>
>>83883870

The whole fucking movie?
>>
>>83883871
>That's the whole point of the hearing.
Yes, but they didn't check the burned bodies, which were clearly burned posthumously. They had enough access to film them, though.
>>
>>83883801
>doesn't know the difference between a thread and a post
>expects to be taken seriously
>>
File: ah jeez.jpg (84KB, 1460x950px) Image search: [Google]
ah jeez.jpg
84KB, 1460x950px
>>83883801
Looks like less than once a month.

You seem agitated :)

I'm sorry I make fun of your movie so much

here's all of the early shitposting 4 ya

You should write a biography about me.
>>
>>83883930
>doesn't notice BvS showing up in his posts multiple times in multiple threads in the same months
>expects to not sound like a lying fuck
>>
>>83883800
>And thank god for that.
Except for the fact that it isn't his character. It would be like turning Batman and giving him Supermans personality, it wouldn't work. And it hasn't worked.
>Superman has such declining sales in his comics.
Superman is selling fine...

>No one wants to read about a goody-two-shoes that's perfect and infallible
Wrong... They tried this with the new-52, and it was despised.

You really should stop talking about things you have no idea about.
>>
>>83883572
>Again not mad. I'm not the one personally stalking someone. And I've justified my obsession with BvS as educational. Learn a lot about how to make a good movie watching a bad movie 15 times.

That seems like a rather flimsy justification for your anger. And we all know you're never going to actually make a movie, so out-the-window goes that excuse. So all we're left with is some autistic faggot that has a subconscious trigger towards BvS, even though it's not that bad.

I also just saw Suicide Squad last night and it wasn't that bad either.

At the very least, they were more interesting than Marvel's films, which are always surface-level, always have the same exact plots and formula's, and always have the same exact character designs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtSLlsuiGnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHdX_ge2m0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONza8T0cBZ4

Making a thread and going "lol list all the plotholes" is not learning anything because 1, none of your little points are plotholes, learn what a plothole is, and 2nd, that doesn't actually educate you on how to not make a plothole. Plotholes are only avoidable based on ones own writing ability.
>>
>>83884010
>his posts
lol
>anon pretends to know which anon he's talking to
>>
>have a fun thread bantering with DCfags about their crappy movie
>they bant back about BvS being the Citizen Kane of movies
>HugeFaggot !Tripfag comes in
well it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>83883915
not an argument

specific examples or get the fuck out
>>
>>83883800
Pre-crisis Superman sells better then Spiderman you fucking retard.
>>
>>83884228

You mean sold, right? I mean, currently in Superman main comic Lois lost her leg, his son was turned evil by some black goo and Superman is dependent on Batman and a bunch of random whos for help to fight of a villain that wants to steal his son.

I wouldn't call THAT Superman the infallible Superman from yesterday.
>>
>>83884301
Idealistic != infallible. Read Red Son.
>>
>>83884318

He was neither in Red Son.
>>
File: Superman - Apollo.jpg (2MB, 2580x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Apollo.jpg
2MB, 2580x2232px
I found a plot hole!

The keep saying he's a messiah figure, but this is clearly him being pictured as Apollo!

PLOTHOLE
L
O
T
H
O
L
E
>>
>>83884327
He was idealistic, though? He is defeated in Red Son by Luther by being reminded of his mistake, by realizing he can't protect the world by being a dictator, even a benevolent one.
>>
>>83882967
>implying Lois and Clark in the tub wasn't hot.

Sorry it didn't have any quips you marvel faggot.
>>
File: SuperSolar.jpg (35KB, 634x407px) Image search: [Google]
SuperSolar.jpg
35KB, 634x407px
>>83884339
Here's another one!

Not sure if this is supposed to be Horus or Apollo, but it definitely appears to be some sort of solar deity! THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
>>
>>83884016
He was the 26th best selling issue in April.

He hasn't even cracked the top 10 in years. He's selling below X-O Manowar, Venom, and Iron Fist. And he hasn't sold better than Batman in decades.

>They tried this with the new-52, and it was despised.

Wrong, they had an increase in market share after it launched, and the primary complaint was about the actual reboot, which was annoying, but barely anyone cared about Superman even after the New 52 reboot.
>>
>>83884030
>That seems like a rather flimsy justification for your anger.
But I'm not angry though? Anger at what? The movie? I obsessively study movies and shitpost as distraction and procrastination. Who is actually upset about any of this?
>And we all know you're never going to actually make a movie
I mean I have funding. I'm probably going to make a feature at some point. It probably will be shit but that's ok.
>so out-the-window goes that excuse
continued education is never an excuse m8. There's always something to be gained from watching schlock.
> So all we're left with is some autistic faggot
correct
>that has a subconscious trigger towards BvS
it's not subconscious
>even though it's not that bad.
It's pretty fucking bad.
>I also just saw Suicide Squad last night and it wasn't that bad either.
It's pretty fucking bad.
>At the very least, they were more interesting than Marvel's films
dont give a shit
>Making a thread and going "lol list all the plotholes" is not learning anything
I was starting another triggered thread to carry over the circlejerk from the 404d thread.

>1, none of your little points are plotholes,
she said, unsubstantiated
>learn what a plothole is
she said, not evidencing any understanding of anything
>and 2nd, that doesn't actually educate you on how to not make a plothole.
is english not your first language?
>Plotholes are only avoidable based on ones own writing ability.
neat point! Wow so insightful.

Why are you so upset that you felt the need to write a journal post as a name fag just to say nothing?
>>
>>83884376

He can't be idealistic if he was wrong, can he?
>>
>>83884301
I mean current supes, which is pre-crisis supes is selling better then Spiderman.

And even though the stories being told are more heavy they still have the same superman. Dealing with maturer themes.
>>
>>83884381

Clark jumped on the bathtub with his dirty shoes and could potentially infect Lois' VA-GI-NA.
>>
>>83884415
That's not how it works, no. Idealism means he has certain ideals and pursues them in lieu of more practical approaches.
>>
>>83884412
Are you fucking retarded?

Of course #1's sell like crazy.

Iron Fist, X-O manowar, Venom are all special issues, like #1's or 150 issues. Yeah those sell like crazy but drop off. It's like you don't understand how the comics industry works at all. Stick to being a DCEU fag.
>>
File: 1492373263523.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492373263523.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
Does anyone else appreciate these scenes?
>>
File: Batman - Hades.jpg (61KB, 1365x577px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Hades.jpg
61KB, 1365x577px
>>83884339
>>83884405
And if I'm not very much mistaken, this looks like they might be framing up Batman to suggest some sort of god of the underworld or something?

That's downright pagan! How does this fit in a movie with exclusively Christian imagery revolving around a character that's

LITERALLY
ALWAYS
BEEN
JESUS
?
>>
>>83883031
I assumed the bullets were made of an alloy that would completely disappear when burned, making it easier to frame supes
>>
>>83884413
>but I'm not angry
>continues to paraphrase every single thing I stated in my post

Yes, lol, you are. And quite pathetically so, as several others have pointed out.

>Why are you so upset that you felt the need to write a journal post as a name fag just to say nothing?

Says the autist that just wrote an incorrect blog-post about dumb shit. Try harder, kiddo.

>even though it's not that bad.
>It's pretty fucking bad.

Cool, I don't care what you think.
>>
>>83884458

But he used terrible and even gruesome approaches to achieve his goals. He was practical in the way he wasn't above doing anything to achieve what he wanted.
>>
>>83884413
>Why are you so upset that you felt the need to write a journal post just to say nothing?

Irony!
>>
File: good plan lex!.png (575KB, 590x678px) Image search: [Google]
good plan lex!.png
575KB, 590x678px
>>83882789
>>
>>83884495
That's something that kinda-sorta would make some comicbooky sense, kind of like the ice bullet of the legend, but the wound channels would still be there, and it's not mentioned in the movie. And the same alloy was used in the wheelchair, which exploded and the alloy was still identifiable.

>>83884515
Gruesome? I don't remember that. He tried to be the best protector the Earth could have, to being it peace, but he wasn't executing people or anything. Just being an overbearing parent, really. And when he realized it was wrong he stepped down. That was a compelling story.
>>
>>83884537

That was already answered in the previous thread.
>>
>>83884471
I sure do.
>>
>>83884497
>Yes, lol, you are.
project less. I'm autistically responding to (you)s since we're talking about me personally.
> And quite pathetically so, as several others have pointed out.
t r i g g e r e d
>Says the autist that just wrote an incorrect blog-post about dumb shit.
lol no u
>Try harder, kiddo.
lol yeah I should be a tryhard tripfag like you huh?
>Cool, I don't care what you think.
And yet here you are ;)
>>
>>83882789
None of those are the biggest plot hole.
This is
>WHY THE FUCK DID BATMAN WANT TO KILL SUPERMAN
It makes no sense at all. The movie tries to pass it off as Superman not caring about the people killed when he fought Zodd, but he had no other choice and he's devoted his life to saving people, but Batman's just like "lol I hate u bro" for no reason
>>
>>83884569
>Gruesome? I don't remember that. He tried to be the best protector the Earth could have, to being it peace, but he wasn't executing people or anything. Just being an overbearing parent, really. And when he realized it was wrong he stepped down. That was a compelling story.

He let his government torture and kill people in the Gurlags. That's one of the many reasons why Russian Batman tried to kill him. He even let Brainiac brainwash people.
>>
>>83884569
No wound channels if they body is incinerated. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the whole thing was supposed to be a ploy to make it look like Superman obliterated those people with his heat vision, which was also backed up by the African lady that was paid to testify.
>>
>>83884471
>mediocre kid actor
>mediocre actress
>bad actor
>bad actor
>bad actor and mediocre actress with no chemistry
>>
>>83884603

Seriously? Come on, man.
>>
>>83884596
>lol yeah I should be a tryhard tripfag like you huh?

No, I personally believe you should continue to avatarfag and maintain an idiosyncratic posting style that effectively makes you a namefag is all but actual name.

Ever so much better.
>>
>>83884470
>Are you fucking retarded?
>Of course #1's sell like crazy.

>uses blatantly inflammatory language for restating a fact
>thinks that makes him more "smirter"

Jesus, could you be anymore of an autistic cringe-inducer?

>Iron Fist, X-O manowar, Venom are all special issues, like #1's or 150 issues

WRONG, like you always are, X-O Manowar is a regular on-going series by Valiant.
>>
>>83882789
Why did Batman say to Superman "YOUR PARENTS MUST HAVE TOLD YOU BLA BLA" etc but then freaks out when he says Martha?

Batman therefore understood Superman as a man with parents before Superman said Martha

>Why didn't Superman save Jimmy Olson?
WHY THE FUCK DID SNYDER KILL OFF SUCH A GOOD CHARACTER??
>>
>>83884635
>He let his government torture and kill people in the Gurlags.
Yeah, before he took over. That's because he was raised by Stalin, but after he became the ruler there was none of that, right?

>>83884655
>No wound channels if they body is incinerated.
If it's ash perhaps, but if it's a burned carcass, like in the movie (I think they show something like that?), you can still find them. Also you can analyze the lungs, they look really differently if somebody was burned alive or dead. Unless everything is ash, but that's not how it was in the movie.
>>
>>83884582
>if doomsday survives, I'm screwed and so is the planet
explain this
>>
>>83884596
lmao, look at how triggered and egotistical this little bratty 19 year old is. Jesus.
>>
>>83884678
>No, I personally believe you should continue to avatarfag and maintain an idiosyncratic posting style that effectively makes you a namefag is all but actual name.
exactly! I prefer to earn my triggered stalkers on the contents of my shitposts, not the color of my tripcode.
>>
>>83884740

Lex thought he could control Doomsday. That's not a plot-hole, just a character being fucked by his own hubris.

If you're going to complain about that, you should complain about all the other times Lex thought he could control his Superman clones.
>>
>>83884746
The delusions of grandeur are my favorite part of that guy. The false modesty and the positively seething hate-boner for all things Snyder are close contenders for second.
>>
>>83884733

Because he was thinking of Superman as an alien, so he probably was referring to his alien parents.

He also stopped later because he started to see Superman as his own father and had time enough to be explained the context of the wider situation.
>>
>>83884773
>thinks everybody stalks him now

Christ, the ego on you.
>>
A plothole is a contradiction in conveyed events, not something you aren't satisfied with the explanation of. Just for example, as for Batman knowing about kryptonite, how is that a plothole at all? Are you saying there is no way Batman could have found out about it? Just because they don't explain it doesn't make it a plothole. Is the death of the protagonist in no country for old men a plothole because he died off screen?
>>
File: 21st century evansman.jpg (33KB, 392x412px) Image search: [Google]
21st century evansman.jpg
33KB, 392x412px
>>83884746
I'm sorry your upset
>>
>>83884735

Because he was made aware and lost a friend over that, but then he let Brainiac do worse shit.
>>
>>83884791
>Lex thought he could control Doomsday.
no he didn't
"of my blood" or whatever the fuck he says does not mean he thought he could control it
>>
>>83884677
Answer the question. The movie gives no good explanation as to why Batman would become fixated on killing Superman. Superman has literally done nothing wrong. The people who were killed/injured in his fight with Zodd were not his fault and everyone, besides Batman for some reason, understands that
>>
>>83884864
I think he turned on Braniac when he realized what was he doing, though? I'm sorry, it's been a while.
>>
>>83884873

The fact that he stood there all smug and proud when Doomsday stepped out says he did. Specially when he got scared shitless when Doomsday tried to punch him.
>>
>>83884832
I dont think everyone stalks my posts.
Just
>>83883166
>>83883042
this friendo
>>
File: 1350794176840.png (90KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
1350794176840.png
90KB, 1125x681px
>>83883800
friendly reminder
>>
File: 1473347456154[1].gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473347456154[1].gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>83884863
>has now gone to the level of copying my name, like the many triggered losers before you that I've seen, as a pathetic attempt to recuperate some vestige of ego that you think you've lost

wew

What's even funnier is that you're too stupid to know how to use an actual tripcode
>>
>>83884886
How's this one?

It's part of Bruce's response to grief. As a child, he lost his parents to a criminal, and he devoted his entire life to punishing them in one fashion or another.

Now the target of his grief is an alien, and there only seems to be one of those around and he sees him as something of an existential threat to boot.

Go ahead and call it head canon. I'm always up for a laugh.
>>
>>83884796
It's very entertaining.
>>
>>83884950
guess my tripcode lol
>>
>>83884929
Awesome! Only that wasn't me.
>>
>>83884916
Dead wrong. He was just doing the shitty marvel villain monologue in that scene

If he was trying to control doomsday, why didn't he give it some commands?
>>
So did Bruce had a dream about future Flash?
>>
>>83883227
>muh mememeter
>>
>>83885007
Christ, the ego on you. I never said you did. Read the thread m8.
>>
>>83884995
Oh, you managed to figure it out! Congrats

*clap clap clap*

Have I derailed your thread this hard?
>>
>>83884934
everyone get a trip
>>
>>83885049
my bad I thought you were implying that was me.
>>
>>83885068
eh I've known how to use tripcodes for awhile m8. It's not really a secret.

Is that why you use a trip? Because it makes you feel special?

wouldn't let me #faggot on the first one.
>>
BEING A NAME FAG IS THE BEST
>>
>>83885126
I bet it makes him feel nearly as special as you thumping your chest about that fan edit you're never going to make.
>>
>>83884934
>this essentially goes ignored
I miss the days when an unnecessary tripfag/namefag was berated til they fucked off
>>
>>83884886

Batman was starting to feel that his life and struggle had been meaningless because Gotham was still a shit-hole, he let Robin die, his old friends had become villains (probably a reference to Two-Face), he failed to protect his employees and so on. He felt so shitty that he started to see his brand of heroism to be a lie. That he was just as bad as the criminals he had spent 20 years fighting.

Superman existence and the chaos he brought with him made Batman feel even more powerless and make him start to project his own perceived failings onto Superman. He thought that what Superman was trying to do was as meaningless and counterproductive as what he did in these last 20 years in Gotham. That Superman, just like him, wasn't helping no one, he was doing the opposite, and that one day Superman would wake up to that realization and then what? What would be Superman reaction? Batman was just a guy, but Superman was almost a god. He could very well destroy the world in a tantrum. And even if it didn't come to that he was still making a mess of the world in his vain attempt to feel important.

So Batman had to stop him for the sake of everyone, which of course is a lie because he was doing it to feel better about himself. Batman whole hate for Superman is misplaced and he's actually just trying to validate his life, give his years of struggle some meaning back, and he thinks that sacrificing his own life trying to stop Superman can be it.
>>
>>83885049
>>83885080
>>83885166
>samefagging this hard

I am truly humbled over your love for me.
>>
>>83885080
see this guy:
>>83885175
>you thumping your chest about that fan edit
I didn't. You or someone else brought it up. I made a paper edit 11 months ago.
>you're never going to make.
which is the only thing I've said about it.
as was established in the last thread
>>83881456
>>83881516
>>
File: lolsamefag.jpg (19KB, 473x140px) Image search: [Google]
lolsamefag.jpg
19KB, 473x140px
>>83885241

See >>83884832
>>
>>83885268
Yeah nah. I was in the thread. Where you first brought it up. Pretty sure it was no one but you talking big about it at the time.
>>
>>83884687
>uses blatantly inflammatory language for restating a fact
You didn't state a fact, you have no idea how the market works. Venom and Ironfist don't sell better then Superman you dunse, that's the facts you put forward.

>WRONG, like you always are, X-O Manowar is a regular on-going series by Valiant.

06/2016: Rebirth #1 -- 130,277 (+115.7%) [138,031]
06/2016: Superman #1 -- 115,918 (- 4.3%) [132,050]
07/2016: Superman #2 -- 112,148 (- 15.1%)
07/2016: Superman #3 -- 107,367 (- 4.3%)
08/2016: Superman #4 -- 96,969 (- 9.7%)
08/2016: Superman #5 -- 89,473 (- 7.7%)
09/2016: Superman #6 -- 76,124 (- 14.9%)
09/2016: Superman #7 -- 72,867 (- 4.3%)
10/2016: Superman #8 -- 69,905 (- 4.1%)
10/2016: Superman #9 -- 67,321 (- 3.7%)
11/2016: Superman #10 -- 66,956 (- 0.5%)
11/2016: Superman #11 -- 63,686 (- 4.9%)
12/2016: Superman #12 -- 60,992 (- 4.2%)
12/2016: Superman #13 -- 59,393 (- 2.6%)
01/2017: Superman #14 -- 60,409 (+ 1.7%)
01/2017: Superman #15 -- 57,412 (- 5.0%)
02/2017: Superman #16 -- 56,105 (- 2.3%)
02/2017: Superman #17 -- 54,561 (- 2.8%)
03/2017: Superman #18 -- 57,879 (+ 6.1%)
03/2017: Superman #19 -- 56,439 (- 2.5%)
04/2017: Superman #20 -- 53,373 (- 5.4%)
04/2017: Superman #21 -- 51,373 (- 3.7%)

02/16 Spider-Man #1 - 99,951
03/16 Spider-Man #2 - 60,627 (-39.3%)
04/16 Spider-Man #3 - 59,789 (- 1.4%)
05/16 Spider-Man #4 - 49,167 (-17.8%)
06/16 Spider-Man #5 - 47,025 (- 4.4%)
07/16 Spider-Man #6 - 52,731 (+12.1%) (CV2)
08/16 Spider-Man #7 - 47,678 (- 9.6%) (CV2)
09/16 Spider-Man #8 - 44,745 (- 6.2%) (CV2)
10/16 ---
11/16 Spider-Man #9 - 39,701 (-11.3%)
12/16 Spider-Man #10 - 40,006 (+0.8%)
12/16 Spider-Man #11 - 35,865 (-10.4%)
01/17 Spider-Man #12 - 47,517 (+32.5%)
02/17 Spider-Man #13 - 34,195 (-28.0%)
03/17 Spider-Man #14- 33,403 (- 2.3%)
04/17 Spider-Man #15- 34,103 (+ 2.1%)
>>
File: Gal Cadot taking a bath.webm (3MB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Gal Cadot taking a bath.webm
3MB, 576x432px
post spoopy skeltals
>>
>>83885330
Wait, he's actually considering making a fan edit? Even though the Directors cut was already released and fixed all of the complaints about pacing and it being confusing?

That's adorable.
>>
>>83884733
He assumed Superman's parents where all powerful aliens like him, why would they need help?
>>
>>83885373

That Spider-Man comic is the one starring Miles Morales, not the old one starring Peter Parker. Of course the nigger is going to sell less.
>>
>>83884687
>>83885373
Let me add to this, this is Iron Fist's numbers

03/17 Iron Fist #1 - 89,652
04/17 Iron Fist #2 - 28,469 (-68.2%)

11/15 Venom Spaceknight #1 - 59,151
12/15 Venom Spaceknight #2 - 32,210 (-45.5%)
01/16 Venom Spaceknight #3 - 25,770 (-20.0%)
02/16 Venom Spaceknight #4 - 21,545 (-16.4%)
03/16 Venom Spaceknight #5 - 18,807 (-12.7%)
04/16 Venom Spaceknight #6 - 17,894 (- 4.9%)
05/16 Venom spaceknight #7 - 17,370 (- 3.0%)
06/16 Venom Spaceknight #8 - 16,658 (- 4.1%)
06/16 Venom Spaceknight #9 - 16,006 (- 3.9%)
07/16 Venom Spaceknight #10 - 15,650 (- 2.2%)
08/16 Venom Spaceknight #11 - 17,548 (+12.1%) (CV2)
09/16 Venom Spaceknight #12 - 16,193 (- 7.7%) (CV2)
10/16 Venom Spaceknight #13 - 14,577 (-10.0%)

11/16 Venom # 1 - 90,138
12/16 Venom # 2 - 38,043 (-57.9%)
01/17 Venom # 3 - 55,255 (+45.2%)
02/17 Venom # 4 - 38,337 (-30.6%)
03/17 Venom # 5 - 32,088 (-16.3%)
04/17 Venom # 6 - 62,747 (+95.5%)
>>
>>83885410
Oops my bad, you are correct. This is Spiderman:

10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #1 - 265,073
10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #2 - 111,322 (-58.0%)
11/15 Amazing Spider-Man #3 - 93,848 (-15.7%)
12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #4 - 82,066 (-22.6%)
12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #5 - 79,122 (- 3.6%)
01/16 Amazing Spider-Man #6 - 76,517 (- 3.3%)
02/16 Amazing Spider-Man #7 - 75,357 (- 1.5%)
02/16 Amazing Spider-Man #8 - 71,599 (- 5.0%)
03/16 Amazing Spider-Man #9 - 88,164 (+23.1%)
04/16 Amazing Spider-Man#10 - 73,643 (- 16.5%)
04/16 Amazing Spider-Man#11 - 67,446 (- 8.4%)
05/16 Amazing Spider-Man#12 - 74,963 (+11.1%)
06/16 Amazing Spider-Man#13 - 65,519 (-12.6%)
06/16 Amazing Spider-Man#14 - 65,646 (+ 0.2%)
07/16 Amazing Spider-Man#15 - 93,582 (+42.6%)
08/16 Amazing Spider-Man#16 - 185,342 (+98.1%)
08/16 Amazing Spider-Man#17 - 74,869 (-59.6%)
09/16 Amazing Spider-Man#18 - 71,159 (- 5.0%)
10/16 Amazing Spider-Man#19 - 73,215 (+ 2.9%)
10/16 Amazing Spider-Man#20 - 67,530 (- 7.8%) (CC)
11/16 Amazing Spider-Man#21 - 63,052 (- 6.4%) (CC)
12/16 Amazing Spider-Man#22 - 63,359 (+ 0.5%) (CC)
01/17 Amazing Spider-Man#23 - 73,773 (+16.4%) (CC)
02/17 Amazing Spider-Man#24- 61,953 (-16.0%) (CC)
03/17 Amazing Spider-Man#25- 113,934 (+83.9%) ($10!)
04/17 Amazing Spider-Man#26- 62,515 (-54.9%)

So supes sells just less then Spiderman but higher then other flag ship titles.
>>
>>83885330
>Yeah nah. I was in the thread.
>>83872504
This one?
>Where you first brought it up.
Show me where.
>Pretty sure it was no one but you talking big about it at the time.
Last year? Yeah it probably was. When it was something I was doing.
>>83885384
>Wait, he's actually considering making a fan edit?
Nope. Wrote a paper edit last July.
> Even though the Directors cut was already released and fixed all of the complaints about pacing and it being confusing?
lol you're either knowingly lying or functionally retarded.
>>
Also keep in mind, Superman has 2 on-going runs.

Action comics:

04/2016: Action Comics #51 -- 32,167 (- 19.6%)
05/2016: Action Comics #52 -- 40,623 (+ 26.3%)
06/2016: Action Comics #957 -- 82,884 (+136.1%) [95,893]
06/2016: Action Comics #958 -- 83,227 (- 4.6%) [91,462]
07/2016: Action Comics #959 -- 91,671 (+ 0.2%)
07/2016: Action Comics #960 -- 83,281 (- 9.2%)
08/2016: Action Comics #961 -- 79,003 (- 5.1%)
08/2016: Action Comics #962 -- 70,761 (- 10.4%)
09/2016: Action Comics #963 -- 60,824 (- 14.0%)
09/2016: Action Comics #964 -- 58,439 (- 3.9%)
10/2016: Action Comics #965 -- 55,678 (- 4.7%)
10/2016: Action Comics #966 -- 53,467 (- 4.0%)
11/2016: Action Comics #967 -- 50,611 (- 5.3%)
11/2016: Action Comics #968 -- 48,931 (- 3.3%)
12/2016: Action Comics #969 -- 46,573 (- 4.8%)
12/2016: Action Comics #970 -- 45,856 (- 1.5%)
01/2017: Action Comics #971 -- 44,894 (- 2.1%)
01/2017: Action Comics #972 -- 43,110 (- 4.0%)
02/2017: Action Comics #973 -- 43,047 (- 0.1%)
02/2017: Action Comics #974 -- 41,712 (- 3.1%)
03/2017: Action Comics #975 -- 47,382 (+ 13.6%)
03/2017: Action Comics #976 -- 46,846 (- 1.1%)
04/2017: Action Comics #977 -- 43,865 (- 6.4%)
04/2017: Action Comics #978 -- 43,555 (- 0.7%)
>>
>>83884972
That's just fucking dumb. He takes out his grief from his parents being killed decades earlier on the savior of the human race?

>>83885221
That's also fucking dumb. If you need to make up all this shit and try to piece together little facts and clues to justify Batman's unjustifiable hatred of Superman, you know it's bullshit.

There was literally no reason for batman to want to kill superman
>>
>>83885384

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/81522673/#81538872

I stand corrected. He was "working on the idea" of a fan edit. Like all the other "great unsung artists" of our age, he specializes in "ideas." Not the actual work and effort, mind you, just the idea.

It's far easier to shit on other people's work and talk up all your "grand projects" than it is to actually set into them in earnest.
>>
>>83885434
>>83885458
>>83885485
>>83885494
>using tabbed browsing to waste all of this time

The autism in here is just laughable at this point.

You're not even on-topic anymore.
>>
>>83885373
>>83885494
Taking these 2 into account, both Superman books combined sell around 80k-100k together.

That's higher then any flagship character over at Marvel. Yet!!!! He's supposedly not popular.
>>
>>83885485
>>83885528

B T F O
>>
File: the hero we deserve.webm (2MB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
the hero we deserve.webm
2MB, 1000x424px
Is MOS a great film, or the greatest film?
>>
>>83885574
flick*
>>
>>83885458
>So supes sells just less then Spiderman but higher then other flag ship titles.

Except for Justice League, Flash, and Batman, lmao
>>
>>83885601
And what's wrong with that?
>>
File: 1492661478565.jpg (229KB, 1180x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1492661478565.jpg
229KB, 1180x1180px
>>83885574
>When you get so BTFO you just start trolling
>>
>>83883393
When the answer is "the bad guy was being really dumb," you know you've written a bad movie.
>>
>>83885617

.....And Star Wars, Darth Maul, and The Walking Dead.
>>
>>83885499

There was a reason. You just don't like it.
>>
>>83885528
>I stand corrected.
dope
>He was "working on the idea" of a fan edit.
Yep. Lost interest when the directors cut didn't add anything interesting. Decided it would be a waste of time to bother editing it.
> Like all the other "great unsung artists" of our age, he specializes in "ideas."
Eh I mostly work in production. You know. Execution of ideas. I study movies and write as a hobby. It's funny that this is so confounding of a concept to the teenagers on this board that want to defend bad movies.
>mind you, just the idea.
I wrote the paper edit. That was what I set out to do. Cool strawman though. Sounds like a real piece of shit.
>It's far easier to shit on other people's work and talk up all your "grand projects" than it is to actually set into them in earnest.
Absolutely true. Seems like this sentiment applies to you too m8. What exactly have you produced? What have you created? You're making a pretty active effort to "shit on other people's work" while doing nothing at all.

I'll never be sorry about the projects I embark on. Learned a lot faffing about on Batman versus The Superman last summer. Always worked on 2 features and a tv show last summer. What did you do?
>>
File: 1494014781584.jpg (30KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1494014781584.jpg
30KB, 264x264px
Why does liking this movie make people on this board so angry?
>>
>>83885663

But Lex wasn't being dumb.
>>
>>83885729
What's wrong with that?

You know there was a time where Spawn outsold batman.

Walking Dead, Starwars all are massively popular franchises. You said that Superman sales were declining and bad because people lost interest. That's simply a incorrect statement, you can either own up to it and say you were wrong or you can continue trolling.

The 2 Superman books sell 90k copies. That's very good in todays market. Those aren't bad numbers.
>>
File: stupid anti-tripfags.jpg (90KB, 558x802px) Image search: [Google]
stupid anti-tripfags.jpg
90KB, 558x802px
>>83884934
This is you. Filter or ignore. You're doing exactly what they want.
>>
>>83885782
Like this picture describes, but if it were based on reality and not some marvel-fags hurt feelings:
>>83885658

Man-children use child friendly films and media to escape back to when they were younger so they can pretend that they don't have to grow up. Adult or even just mature material makes them feel uncomfortable because it brings to light the understandings and wisdom of adult-hood that they're too afraid to step into.
>>
>>83885800
>let me use these fancy bullets that will incriminate me even though lead has been killing people just fine for centuries for no other reason than I want to
Yeah he was.
>>
File: 1497328010877.jpg (79KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497328010877.jpg
79KB, 1024x1024px
>tfw an MCUck posts laughing evans as a reaction but u know they aren't actually laughing and are most likely seething in anger and maybe even crying
>>
>>83885499
>That's just fucking dumb. He takes out his grief from his parents being killed decades earlier on the savior of the human race?

That's not what I said, brainlet. Here, let me spell it out in terms so explicit that even a dumbass who managed to miss every last point in BvS can easily understand:

Past tragedy >> past grief >> criminal targets
New tragedy >> new grief >> alien target

Now season that with a good dose of fairly obvious PTSD and you get a Bats out to murder Superman.
>>
>>83885816
this is part of why you dont use a tripcode
>>
>>83885891
>projection
>>
File: PERRYPOST.png (1MB, 1654x1554px) Image search: [Google]
PERRYPOST.png
1MB, 1654x1554px
for me personally my favorite part of BvS was when Perry kept telling Clarke to work on the sports page and Clarke kept saying how he wanted to investigate batman even though he's a sports reporter, and Perry didn't fucking fire him for gross insubordination.
>>
File: perrystretch.jpg (42KB, 453x519px) Image search: [Google]
perrystretch.jpg
42KB, 453x519px
>>83885920
wheres muh sports clark
>>
File: 1490468516777.png (238KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
1490468516777.png
238KB, 324x324px
>>83885891
This lol
>>
>>83885776
So you've been obsessively watching the theatrical cut all the way up through two months ago? Does it hurt taking a shit with an entirely functional set of teeth and a tongue embedded in your rectum? I can only assume that you suffer from that peculiar affliction, as it's pretty much the only way someone could so consistently and fluently talk straight out of their ass.
>>
File: 2manyevans.jpg (2MB, 8000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
2manyevans.jpg
2MB, 8000x2667px
>>83885891
>>
File: 1461107889493.jpg (3MB, 3943x3174px) Image search: [Google]
1461107889493.jpg
3MB, 3943x3174px
Dumping /tv/ essays on the snyderkino
>>
>>83885896
What new grief? Why is Batman such a faggot that he has to kill Superman cause of the fight? Everyone else gets over it but edgelord Bruce can't? That's a dumb reason and you pulled it from your ass

>>83885772
I don't like it cause it's silly and lazy.
>>
>>83885962
>So you've been obsessively watching the theatrical cut all the way up through two months ago?
why would you think that? I was obsessively watching the theatrical cut last summer. What the fuck are you talking about m8? The extended cut came out in July.
>>
File: 1462850080911.png (2MB, 1224x3981px) Image search: [Google]
1462850080911.png
2MB, 1224x3981px
>>
>>83885802
>You said that Superman sales were declining and bad because people lost interest.

>That's simply a incorrect statement, you can either own up to it and say you were wrong or you can continue trolling.

As a tent-pole comic of DC, those ARE bad sales, you can either own up to it, and admit you were wrong, or you can merely continue to troll.

And yes, this year, Superman's sales have been declining. I'm not going to go back to when BvS released, or when Man of Steel released, where there were obvious interest-bumps in his characters sales, which even then, merely the month AFTER BvS released, he instantly fell to #50
>>
me too
>>
>>83886038
>What new grief?
The death and destruction he witnessed at the collapse of the Wayne building.
>>
File: 1462829105423.jpg (1MB, 3293x2618px) Image search: [Google]
1462829105423.jpg
1MB, 3293x2618px
>>
File: 1483938541640.jpg (3MB, 9600x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1483938541640.jpg
3MB, 9600x4000px
>>83885998
>>83886057
Any more? These are great
>>
>>83886122
Beautiful.
>>
>>83886090
That was caused by Superman saving his and the lives of everyone else on Earth? Why is batman so dumb that he wants to kill the man that saved his life? It's not grief, it's shitty writing
>>
>>83886045
>The extended cut came out in July.

I'm well aware. You said you abandoned your "project" when the director's cut didn't add anything new, when you were "working on an idea" in a post you made just two months ago. So either you weren't working on shit when you made that post, or you'd never seen the director's cut and despite your professed obsession, you couldn't instantly spot the differences between the two cuts of the film after better than a dozen viewings.

Either you're shit at explaining yourself, you have shit memory, or you talk out of your ass so much you can't even keep your own bullshit straight. Those are your options and not one of them is particularly flattering.
>>
>>83886192
Why wasn't Batman even trying to save the Earth during the MoS events? I mean, I know that movie-wise Affleck was not there. What's the in-universe explanation?
>>
>>83886058
Superman has 2 solo on-goings that sell a combined 90k which is is 2nd highest of any in continuity on-going at DC.

I mean, I know Snyderfags are retarded but I didn't know they were this retarded.
>>
File: 1458685199857.jpg (108KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458685199857.jpg
108KB, 894x1000px
>>83886150
That's all I've got sadly, people on /tv/ were posting essays like candy during the release it was really neat, if youre interested in more just search the archives
>>
>>83886122
Except you're wrong about your Christ analogy (specific to that story you pulled)

The reference in the film to Lex Luthor's jar wasn't a reference to that, nor was Snyder criticizing the "realist" interpretation of Superman, he was reveling in it trying to entertain the moral and political difficulties that would come with the character, not as a way to criticize and demean, but as a way to show how to over-come, that it's okay to make mistakes, that the evolution and sacrifice and weight involved in being capable of doing something also comes with the weight of responsibility, and that you will not always be loved for it.

I'm summarizing, but those are the major themes present with Snyder's Superman.
>>
>>83886239
That it went down too fast for a street-level Bruce Wayne to have been in any way prepared for it. Nothing about this Bruce gives any indication that he'd ever looked beyond the streets of Gotham. It took him a full two years to up his game to the point where he felt confident challenging *one* Kryptonian, let alone an entire ship's compliment. There's also a time factor. From the time the Kryptonian ship dropped out of orbit to hover Metropolis to the conclusion of the Zod fight was somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty minutes' time.

Now obsessively nitpick something else.
>>
>>83882789
What plot?
>>
>>83886242
>that sell a combined 90k

LMAO, Batman just last April sold a combined total of over 300k.

90k combined is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>83886392
Because it's fucking Batman, and it's also a event book, called the Button. You really know nothing about Comics.
>>
File: Lex - sword.jpg (848KB, 1092x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Lex - sword.jpg
848KB, 1092x1568px
>>83886255
Here's some I have saved. I don't agree with every last point, but it shows how back the fans were already finding things and pulling them together.
>>
File: Lucy + Codex.jpg (1MB, 2048x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy + Codex.jpg
1MB, 2048x1412px
>>83886436
>>
File: LexHalo.jpg (159KB, 1312x336px) Image search: [Google]
LexHalo.jpg
159KB, 1312x336px
>>83886474
>>
>>83886415
>I-I-It's an event book!
>even though it's his main storyline (A Death in the Family was an event too, dumb-fuck, it was still part of the main Batman line)

>I-I-I-It's a special issue series!
>even though it was a regular on-going series

You really will make up literally anything for an excuse?
>>
File: MoS World Engine Forceps.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MoS World Engine Forceps.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>83886501
>>
>>83886436
Important to note that batman is the character who points out that the sword is a fake, which contrasts with Luthor's warped view of reality that manifests itself into Doomsday.
>>
>>83886150
>>83886436
Fucking Christ these are so stupid. I mean if you spliced in screen caps from other movies you literally couldn't tell the difference between BvS and Snyder's other movies. Only way you could tell is if the screen cap contained a character with a unique costume, like the Spartans in 300.
>>
File: Snyder - Deconstruction.png (3MB, 2290x2303px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Deconstruction.png
3MB, 2290x2303px
>>83886528
>>
>>83884796
>The delusions of grandeur are my favorite part of that guy.
not sure how wasting time shitposting with autistic children is grandiose tbphwyf
>The false modesty
I'm modest as fuck faggot.
>and the positively seething hate-boner for all things Snyder
Now you're just a faggot and a half. Watchmen is one of my favorite capeshits. It was the perfect combination of well-written material that he couldn't fuck up and enough images from the comics that he didn't need to start ripping off renaissance imagery every other frame.

My favorite part of this is that fetishizing my personality disorder will never make BvS a good movie :)
>>
File: Superman - Jonathan.jpg (476KB, 1527x1367px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Jonathan.jpg
476KB, 1527x1367px
>>83886584
>>
Why does Lois Lane do more detective work than Batman in BvS?
>>
>>83886578
Edit: I mean for fucks sake you could splice in a screen cap for Transformers (so long as no actual Transformers were viable) and you probably couldn't tell the difference.

Hell you could probably make a great chart comparing Snyder's blue and teal "aesthetic" to all the other same blue and teal shit stains pumped out by Hollywood over the last 10 years.
>>
>>83886502
So, because Superman isn't selling as well as event books and Batman it's declining and doing bad in sales?

Look if you don't believe me, go to /co/ and ask them why "Superman sells badly" as you put it. They'll tell you the exact same thing.

I understand that it might be hard to admit you are wrong since I was being very confrontational and so are you, but you are legitimately wrong.

So if Supermans 90k is bad, how do you describe Spidey? Or Thor?
>>
File: Snyder - Zack's picks.jpg (299KB, 1000x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Zack's picks.jpg
299KB, 1000x1014px
>>83886622
>>
File: zack is embarred by the genre.png (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
zack is embarred by the genre.png
1MB, 1920x800px
>>83886150
>>
File: Superman - Contrast.jpg (323KB, 1532x366px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Contrast.jpg
323KB, 1532x366px
>>83886645
>>
>>83886584
But Dark Knight Returns wasn't a deconstruction, it came out before Watchmen, and it was a defense of the vigilante and a criticism of democratic party.
>>
>>83886675
jesus fuck m8 why are you tripfagging this shit?

This aint reddit you can't delete the dumb knownothing shit you say.
>>
>>83886640
>so, because Superman isn't selling as well as an event book

Okay, so lets go back to January 2015. Batman sold 110,000 issues...If you count Detective Comics, he sold upwards of 160,000.
>>
File: mos (2).jpg (1005KB, 5760x2400px) Image search: [Google]
mos (2).jpg
1005KB, 5760x2400px
>>83886645
>godking snyder has patrician taste
I'm not surprised.
>>
File: Snyder - Nolan.jpg (557KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Nolan.jpg
557KB, 2048x1365px
>>83886675

It's a deconstruction of a different sort. It's essentially stripping the depiction of the overwhelmingly comic-booky elements and approaching the Batman from the angle of "OK, if a lunatic billionaire were to actually do this, what could he semi-realistically do? What would it look like?"
>>
File: 123123.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
123123.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>83886675
>and a criticism of the democratic party
>>
>>83886744
>there are actually people in existence who think this is shit
>>
>>83886735
Why are you bringing up Batman?

Batman is the central pillar of DC, nothing outsells Batman.

But that doesn't mean Superman sales aren't bad.
>>
>>83886744
First row middle cap is definitely from Transformers.
>>
>>83886755
>>83886675
Sorry - I misread that. I thought you were talking about Nolan's Dark Knight,

From a modern perspective, TDKR doesn't look like a deconstruction, as pretty much everything that followed it was influenced by it, but there had never been anything quite like its depictions of either Batman or Superman before. It was Batman at his most brutal and grim and nothing like it had been seen in his comics in the whole of DC's Silver Age.
>>
>>83886343
So what would you say the piss jar is about? By your logic maybe Snyder is attributing the philosophy of piss christ to Luthor alone?
>>
File: Superman - MoSImagery.jpg (929KB, 720x2758px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - MoSImagery.jpg
929KB, 720x2758px
>>83886755
>>
>>83886672
>literally nobody is in focus
>green screen imposition is overexposed
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
File: watchmen SUBTEXT.jpg (98KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen SUBTEXT.jpg
98KB, 750x600px
I like how the imagery is so subtle in Snyder joints
>>
>>83886755
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLep6BTMOXw
Ineptitude maybe.
>>
>>83882789
>>why did Lex give his Mercenaries in Africa bullets with his name on it?
They're just bullets.
It doesn't actually imply any direct association.
America just sold $200 billion of weapons to Saudi Arabia, who we know funds and supports ISIS.
>>How did Batman know what Kryptonite was, without knowing that Lex had it?
He's a detective and super-intellegent. He makes it his business to know things, especially the counters of super powered alien gods that he thinks may pose a threat to earth.
>>How did Lex know that the bat signal on the old Gotham PD building being lit was Batman was challenging Superman to a fight?
He's smart and trying to be dramatic, and at the very least it implies "Batman is out tonight".
>>Why did Perry change his mind about getting a chopper for Lois ON THE ROOF after she said it wasn't for a story?
Because they're friends and its dramatic.
>>Why did the man that Lex molested with candy give him access to everything, and how was he able to do that?
Lex has money and power and intellect and intimidated him into submission.
>>Why did Lex blow up congress for not letting him import Kryptonite, after he had already smuggled Kryptonite?
He blew up Congress to prove the fallibility of Superman, who he knew was present, and wouldn't predict the bomb.
>>Why didn't Superman save Jimmy Olson?
He can't save everybody.
>>If he was in America and heard that Lois was in jeopardy in Africa, how did he not hear that his mom was in a warehouse next to a lit flame thrower a few blocks away?
Because he was infatuated with Lois, and emotionally distraught about his mom.
>>Why didn't Superman assist Batman with saving his mom?
He had to go deal with Lex, as well as "Batman" owed him one.

These aren't plot holes.
Just sort of contrived stuff which you could extrapolate a reasonable context in which they happen.
>>
File: Snyder - Kino of the Gods.jpg (828KB, 4800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Kino of the Gods.jpg
828KB, 4800x2000px
>>83886878
>>
>>83886878
Whats up with the floating bad dragon didos?
>>
File: f3c.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
f3c.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>83886956
>subtle
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 1280x720px
I loved batman vs superman
>>
File: Lex1.jpg (536KB, 2460x1637px) Image search: [Google]
Lex1.jpg
536KB, 2460x1637px
>>83886897
I bet Boorman gives you panic attacks, then.
>>
>>83887018
He was great comic relief.
>>
>>83886973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
>>
File: Superman - Stop - Doomsday.jpg (62KB, 960x943px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Stop - Doomsday.jpg
62KB, 960x943px
>>83887113
>>
File: 20160126_LAUGHINGimage-696x413.jpg (29KB, 696x413px) Image search: [Google]
20160126_LAUGHINGimage-696x413.jpg
29KB, 696x413px
>>83887113
>Someone took at least 40 minutes to defend this movie
>>
File: Snyder Looks into your Soul.jpg (134KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Looks into your Soul.jpg
134KB, 514x514px
>>83886615
>not sure how wasting time shitposting with autistic children is grandiose tbphwyf

Maybe it's because it affords you the illusion of being a big fish in a little pond.

Personally, me and my fellow DChads sort of think of you as the world's tallest midget.
>>
File: Superfans.jpg (58KB, 610x490px) Image search: [Google]
Superfans.jpg
58KB, 610x490px
>>83887183
Which isn't anywhere near as autistic as people devoting similar or even greater amounts of time to hating it :)
>>
>>83886977
>It doesn't actually imply any direct association.
yes it very much so does. The entire Lois narrative is her figuring out that the bullets where specially made by fucking LexCorp. They spent literally 5 scenes dealing with the LexCorp bullet.
>He's a detective and super-intellegent.
That's fine. But THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT KNEW ABOUT KRYPTONITE AND HAD STUDIED IT'S EFFECTS ON ZOD'S BODY WHERE LEXCORP EMPLOYEES.

Superman knows what Kryptonite is and can do at the start of the movie. He doesn't learn that LexCorp has it until like 40 minutes later. How did he know what it could do without knowing that it was LexCorp that was doing secret tests on it?
>He's smart and trying to be dramatic
But he says "fight night!" like he knows it's a challenge to Superman. And even more to the point, if he knew they had a standing fight night date if Batman lit the light, why bother kidnapping Lois? Lot of risk to force Superman to do something you thought he was going to do anyway. The whole plan relied on Superman, who can hear when Lois is in a pickle in Africa, not hearing his mom getting kidnapped or held a few blocks away.
>Lex has money and power and intellect and intimidated him into submission.
And how did molesting that one senator get him access to everything? And how is it good writing to have the antagonist molest someone and just get everything they need in their first scene?
>He blew up Congress to prove the fallibility of Superman, who he knew was present, and wouldn't predict the bomb.
Again his whole plan depends on Superman not being Superman. And also, committing treason terrorism and mass murder to "show the fallibility" of Superman would maybe be more interesting if it had any lasting effect on the story or an actual purpose.
>He can't save everybody.
Except for the girl that fucks him.
>and emotionally distraught about his mom.
I'm so distraught about my mom I'll send a dude that just tried to kill me to save her while I do nothing!
>>
File: Superman pottery.jpg (658KB, 2000x3871px) Image search: [Google]
Superman pottery.jpg
658KB, 2000x3871px
>>83887248
>>
>>83887260
>Superman knows what Kryptonite is and can do at the start of the movie.
meant batman
>>
File: 1495118049374.png (97KB, 362x492px) Image search: [Google]
1495118049374.png
97KB, 362x492px
What's with all the fucking skeleton man tripcodes? Christ you people are autistic
>>
>>83887284
I triggered someone, so he's using tabbed browsing to turbo-shitpost with multiple personalities.

I've only seen this happen maybe 1 other time. It's truly quite a sight to behold.

>>83886813
Okay, we get it, you don't have any back up argument for Superman selling sub-100k in sales and barely making it into the top 20 on a monthly basis.
>>
File: 269.png (105KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
269.png
105KB, 350x319px
>>83887248
>>
File: kekekekekekekekekekek.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
kekekekekekekekekekek.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>83887284
skelly posting is the anon anon
>>
File: SuperAngel.jpg (89KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
SuperAngel.jpg
89KB, 1366x768px
>>83887260
Oh look! It's your same old tired shit again.

What's the shittiest sci-fi movie you've ever seen? Was it City Slickers2: The Legend of Curly's Gold?

I bet it was :)
>>
File: batman-superman-angry.jpg (336KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
batman-superman-angry.jpg
336KB, 1200x600px
>>83887281
>It's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
File: Superman - Bulletproof.jpg (58KB, 582x317px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Bulletproof.jpg
58KB, 582x317px
>>83887347
>my tears
>>
>>83887260
>yes it very much so does. The entire Lois narrative is her figuring out that the bullets where specially made by fucking LexCorp. They spent literally 5 scenes dealing with the LexCorp bullet.
It's a reason to investigate the origin, but not real proof.
>That's fine. But THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT KNEW ABOUT KRYPTONITE AND HAD STUDIED IT'S EFFECTS ON ZOD'S BODY WHERE LEXCORP EMPLOYEES.
>Superman knows what Kryptonite is and can do at the start of the movie. He doesn't learn that LexCorp has it until like 40 minutes later.
How did he know what it could do without knowing that it was LexCorp that was doing secret tests on it?
There's dirtpoors playing around with it in the movie.
Why would LexCorp be the only people trying to study material from an alien space ship?
Why would Batman NOT have any interest in studying it especially with his distrust of Superman.
>>
>>83887372
Look another penis.
>>
>>83887342
It's really pathetic that you are still perpetuating this opinion.

Seriously, go out and ask comic book fans that know this stuff. It's fine to be wrong some times, I've done the same.

At this stage you are just trolling.
>>
File: vladimir-putin-laughing.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
vladimir-putin-laughing.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>83887400
>>
File: LaughingBuddhist.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingBuddhist.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>83887404
Tell us some more about Superman always being Jesus. That's a good one.
>>
>>83886840
It was one of the turning points of Batman. They tried getting back to the gritty detective work in the late 60's/early 70's, but that didn't help revitalize Batman's image and dwindling sales too much, it was Frank Miller's hand that resurrected the Dark Knight back to the forefront.

The reason I say it isn't a deconstruction, is because Frank Miller's writing was very earnest, and didn't contain cynicism directed at Batman, or his mythos. It hinted at it when he was fighting the Joker, but that was more along the lines of his character not being criticized but acknowledging his missteps and contrivances, and correcting them.

I still think this is one of the penultimate moments of the Batman mythos (even if it's non-canon), up there with Bane breaking him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp3yreeTUmU
>>
>>83887342
>tabbed browsing
idk what that is and I don't care who you're sperging with. tripfagging for no reason is gay as fuck and you should feel gay as fuck for doing it. In the land of anons the tripfag is redditor. Literally kys.
>>
>>83887463
Meant for
>>83887260
>>
File: 1462652226034.jpg (482KB, 1408x3332px) Image search: [Google]
1462652226034.jpg
482KB, 1408x3332px
>>83887248
>snyder literally calling the people who hate his movie cross eyed low IQ spergs while people who like his movie are attractive and pure aryans

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83887410
>It's really pathetic that you are still perpetuating this opinion.

He says, as he thinks that Superman, the biggest and most recognizable Superhero in the world, is selling sub-100k in sales.

>It's fine to be wrong some times, I've done the same.

That would be relevant if I was actually wrong. I never said Superman's sales are "terrible" I never even said they were "bad", I merely stated that they were declining, and behind a lot of other no-namers on a regular basis.

You have no argument, because these are measurable facts.
>>
File: dark-knight-returns-mutants.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark-knight-returns-mutants.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>83887478
Something that a lot of people overlook is that there was some definite criticism and commentary about comics going on in TDKR; it just wasn't directed at the Batman.
>>
>>83882789

The thing that bugs me the most in this movie is some how Lex Luthor finds out who superman is and batman doesn't. That just seems like the dumbest thing ever.
>>
File: laughing hard.webm (773KB, 652x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laughing hard.webm
773KB, 652x1080px
>>83887463
I already did twice today m8. Keep going though. I'm sure if you keep ignoring everything and make ad hominems about something you misread 11 months ago, that'll make BvS a good movie I'm sure.
>>
File: Superman - Zeus.png (969KB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Zeus.png
969KB, 1916x796px
>>83887558
>That would be relevant if I was actually wrong. I never said Superman's sales are "terrible" I never even said they were "bad", I merely stated that they were declining, and behind a lot of other no-namers on a regular basis.

Just so you know, odds are better than even that you're arguing with a disingenuous asshole that strawmans like a motherfucker and actually thinks calling out a strawman on the other side is how you debate one.

He's a walking masterpiece of Dunning-Kruger. In a way, he reminds me of that darling of the Apollo Hoax community - Jarrah White.
>>
File: MASKETTA PERRY 2.jpg (275KB, 2600x1394px) Image search: [Google]
MASKETTA PERRY 2.jpg
275KB, 2600x1394px
>>83887706
>being this butthurt
you are talking about me right? You're like legend building dude I love it.
>>
>>83887664
There was nothing to misread! Earlier, you claimed that Superman's creators were WASPs. Did I "misread" that, too?

Or did I "misread" you outlining a project 2 months ago and talking about it as an ongoing thing, then retroactively deciding to "disbegin" it after "pre-realizing" there was no new content in the Director's Cut a full nine months after having first watched it like some sort of bi-locational time-traveler?

Get some fucking help.
>>
>marvel pajeets can't refute DChad intellectuals so they resort to mindless shitposting.
>>
>>83887582
Well, yes, but I don't think he was criticizing Comics as a form of media, just where they've gone

>Well, I set out to remark upon them. And seeing how all these heroes had been castrated since the 1950s, and just how pointless they seemed to be... In this perfect world of comic books, which was what it was back then, why would people dress up in tights to fight crime?
>>
File: 1481721099090.png (106KB, 253x283px) Image search: [Google]
1481721099090.png
106KB, 253x283px
>>83884537

>"Don't forget, creepily feed a Congressman a Jolly Rancher!"

This screencap is a list of shit objections already, but then the autist has to work his REEEEEEs into it, and keep bandying it about on every BvS thread like it's something to be proud of...
>>
File: Cyclops.jpg (24KB, 236x335px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops.jpg
24KB, 236x335px
>>83887986
I've never seen an interview with him that talks about the angle I'm speaking to, maybe because no interviewer has ever asked about it, but I've always kind of thought that Miller dropped a none-too-subtle message into TDKR about what he thought of the violence and outright killing that was weaseling its way back into comics around that time. I felt like when no one got it, he ramped it up even further in subsequent works.

It was either that or he was taking a jab at the state of the industry at the time by surrounding Bats with hyper-violent "mutants."
>>
>>83888147
http://www.avclub.com/article/frank-miller-13748

This interview is pretty all-encompassing.

In terms of The Dark Knight Returns, he states that he was rebelling against what comics were doing, and what he considered the "lame-ness"

>Because when I did the first one, I was very much rebelling against all the established stuff, like the old TV show. Just how lame all the stuff had become

He has hero's killing in all of his comics, so I doubt that was a cynicism he had towards the comics industry, and more of what he thought that it needed, gravity and weight to the characters to make them more appealing and interesting. Which is one of the reasons why he killed off Elektra.
>>
File: drapevator.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
drapevator.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>83887855
>There was nothing to misread!
Other than casual hyperbole in relation to a cartoonishly common concept. Everybody understands that Superman is and has been cast as a christlike figure for decades.

Yeah there's literally never been any instance in the history of Superman where he has been paralleled with Jesus. DC wasn't making comic books for white christian Americans in the 1950s. There haven't been christian allusions to Superman in literally every Superman movie.

You having an autistic brain bubble because it was created by 2 jews WHO BASED HIM ON ABRAHAMIC RELIGIOUS FIGURES, doesn't negate the point I was making then and it certainly doesn't now. It mostly makes you look like a fucking lunatic. How many conversations have we had? The only "gotcha" you can come up with from a year of shitposting is that I said it wasn't an original idea for Snyder to paint Superman as a Jesus figure?

Holy fuck. I mean I'm flattered I guess.

>Or did I "misread" you outlining a project 2 months ago and talking about it as an ongoing thing
I said it as an "ongoing thing" today too m8. And I would have only been talking about it 2 months ago if someone asked about it from when I was talking about it over the summer. I still have the paper edit. I have no intention, right now, on ever doing anything with it, but as I said earlier, if there's useable shit in the Justice League movie I may come back to it. Who knows? You've clearly given it more thought than I have. Maybe you should do it.

>Get some fucking help.
I mean, I kind of want to recommend that to you unironically. Do you seriously not see your level of obsession and bitterness toward another person as unhealthy? Do more with your life man. I appreciate your concern but maybe you should focus more on how you're advancing your life than the means by which I live mine?

and again, none of this makes BvS a good movie.
>>
>>83888085
yeah the Jolly Rancher scene was GOAT villain introduction.

Jolly Rancher>Pencil Disappear>Do You feel in charge
>>
>>83888147
>what he thought of the violence and outright killing that was weaseling its way back into comics
>weaseling its way back into comics

Are you one of those manchildren that hates things like outright killing, violence, and all the other fun-stuff that the CCA revoked from them publishing?
>>
>>83882967
Cavill is a hungry power bottom in real life, that's why.
>>
>>83883446
I love how he's looking out the window as building right in front of him collapse and he and the entire room full of people barely register their impending doom. Thank you Bruce for giving vigor to these poor suicidal souls and urge them to get the fuck out or- oh too late the building collapsed
>>
>>83888392
>Pencil Disappear
that isn't Joker's intro at all
>>
>>83884164
just waiting for for tripfag Bully to come in and announce this visionary masterpiece of cinema without flaw
>>
>>83888618
it's structurally what they where doing in the plot.

And yeah not the first time we see them but when we see the means by which their masterplan is kicking off.

>TDK Joker confronts all the mob bosses, does a magic trick with a bunch of explosives strapped to him, and walks out. Establishing his scheming, creativity, etc.

>TDKR Bane takes over the stock market then uses brute strength to kill the Wayne Enterprises guy that was in charge. Establishing his direct brutality.

>In BvS Lex Luthor awkwardly molests an unnamed Senator with candy and has everything he needs for the movie handed to him conveniently.
>>
>>83888519
lol he's still a little fatty in his head
>>
>>83888757
>Establishing his scheming, creativity
All established in the intro.
>>
>>83888912
Ok fine we'll compare the TDK bank robbery sequence to Lex Luthor molesting some dude with candy.

BvS was better.
>>
>>83888373
>Everybody understands that Superman is and has been cast as a christlike figure for decades.

"Decades" and mulish insistence on "LITERALLY ALWAYS" do not equate to "casual hyperbole", you backpedaling cunt. Admit you were wrong for once and notice how the sky stays aloft.

Or hey, go ahead and find an instance of Superman being portrayed as a Christ figure in 50s America. I'll wait. I'll wait all day. They'd have burned those copies in the streets. If John Lennon couldn't get away with a casual comparison of the Beatles' popularity to Jesus's in the 60s, you honestly think that overt characterization of a comics character would, pardon the pun, fly? As a Christian? Sure. Respectful of Christianity? Oh, definitely. AS Christ? Not in your wildest dreams.

Furthermore, you're wholly misrepresenting the argument. I was saying then as I'm saying now that he wasn't being depicted as exclusively Christian in nature. Yes, it's the most overt and with good reason. That's what will resonate most strongly with a Western audience and will play back into the plot that's developing and how it ties back into belief and worship in regards to the New Gods.

>I said it as an "ongoing thing" today too m8.
So have you abandoned it or is it ongoing? Which is it? You've said both. Make up your fucking mind.

>And I would have only been talking about it 2 months ago if someone asked.
Nah, you volunteered it as your reason for watching the film 15 times. Sort of gushed about it, really.

>Maybe you should do it.
Or hell, maybe you get off your ass and actually fucking do it. We could use the laugh.

>Do you seriously not see your level of obsession and bitterness toward another person as unhealthy?
The irony levels are off the fucking charts. You backhandedly insult Snyder at every opportunity and you're going to talk to me about MY obsessive hate? When he ends up shot, I know the call I'm dropping to the police will name the "obsessive Zach Galifrianakis poster."
>>
>>83888147
You realize the Silver Age of comics was a complete bust right? Only Superhero comics flourished, essentially.
>>
>>83888410
>Are you one of those manchildren that hates things like outright killing, violence, and all the other fun-stuff that the CCA revoked from them publishing?

Not remotely. I just don't feel characters like the Punisher and Wolverine that mow down mooks by the score should necessarily be targeted at kids.I sort of suspect that Miller doesn't, either, though I could be wrong.
>>
>>83883227
people can't handle interpretations of characters that go against what they think that character's "supposed" to be
>>
>>83889079
So have you abandoned it or is it ongoing? Which is it? You've said both. Make up your fucking mind. You realize you're arguing with a triggered autist who copied my name, right?
>>
>>83889134
Oh, totally. The CCA damn near killed comics as I understand it. Even superhero comics suffered.
>>
File: DC-apachechief.jpg (11KB, 302x227px) Image search: [Google]
DC-apachechief.jpg
11KB, 302x227px
>>83889224
Yes. We're having an argument that spans better than a year at this point. I recognize your trip because phonetically, it sounds like something I'd expect to hear out of Apache Chief.
>>
>>83889137
>I just don't feel characters like the Punisher and Wolverine that mow down mooks by the score should necessarily be targeted at kids

You had kids in the 50's reading things like Vault of Horror, I doubt seeing hero's casually kill a couple people was hardly traumatizing.

Then again, Batman was never aimed particularly at young children anyway, it had a broader pulp appeal.
>>
>>83889372
>it sounds like something I'd expect to hear out of Apache Chief.

First time I've ever heard of someone ever reference THAT character.
>>
>>83887528
That's fucking hilarious.
>>
File: action comics 1.jpg (50KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
action comics 1.jpg
50KB, 300x416px
>>83889079
>"Decades" and mulish insistence on "LITERALLY ALWAYS" do not equate to "casual hyperbole"
Where did I say LITERALLY ALWAYS?
>Constantly putting characters literally standing in front of metaphorical renaissance paintings and constantly making them awkwardly recreating them is like the textbook definition of "obvious." Superman was always Jesus, you don't need to literally make him that.
That was the statement. I said they didn't need to literally paint him as jesus because Superman=Jesus is culturally understood. Whether or not I doubled down on it after you got triggered is certainly possible. But I generally don't shitpost sober so I'll be goddamned if I remember.
>you backpedaling cunt.
lol Superman is and has been cast as Jesus since the golden era. cry more about it m8. You sperging that he was technically created by jews that based him on abrahamic figures means nothing, particularly in a conversation about movies.
>Or hey, go ahead and find an instance of Superman being portrayed as a Christ figure
pic related lol
>I'll wait all day.
yeah you have a personality disorder. You'll probably do a lot of weird shit.
>Furthermore, you're wholly misrepresenting the argument.
Nigger I don't give a wet shit about an argument from a year ago. Fucking kys.
>I was saying then as I'm saying now that he wasn't being depicted as exclusively Christian in nature.
I'VE ALWAYS SAID IT WAS EXCLUSIVELY ALLUSIONS TO ABRAHAMIC RELIGIONS in Snyder movies. But Superman is unambiguously paralleled with Jesus in BvS and you're being a fucking liar if you try and refute that.
>So have you abandoned it or is it ongoing? Which is it?
Both. That's what life is dingus. I wrote the paper edit, decided not to bother in the effort given that it would have been a lot of time spent to work on a project that has only generated interest from butthurt stalkers. But I still have all the shit and if the impulse hits me I can certainly follow up if I want.
>>
>>83889451
>You had kids in the 50's reading things like Vault of Horror, I doubt seeing hero's casually kill a couple people was hardly traumatizing.

That's very true. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the more "mature" heroes, the ones who have body counts per issue, don't strike me as things I'd pick to read with my grandkids.

Yeah, I'm that old.
>>
>>83883227
wonder woman was terrible though.
>>
>>83888392
this has to be satire

Eisenberg's performance was embarassing
>>
>>83889650
he got robbed at the oskars.
>>
>>83889614
There definitely deserves to be a niche of Superhero's that pertain to the Silver Age values of just being silly, or care-free, or just generally family friendly.

But not everything needs to be mature and appeal strictly to adults or young adults. I mean, when done right, even content aimed at a child audience can still be impactful to an adult audience, like with The Lion King.
>>
File: 1494184924884.png (238KB, 570x658px) Image search: [Google]
1494184924884.png
238KB, 570x658px
>>83887248
>superman haters look like ANTIFA
>>
>>83889564
Post number 69237254

You're sperging right now, bro, and blurring the argument.

You doubled down on it super fucking hard and super fucking early, while I and at least two or three other people repeatedly tried to make the point that there was more than just Christian imagery present in the film, just not all of it would be as instantly recognizable to a Western audience. And you promptly started sperging right. The fuck. Out,

Sort of like right now.
>>
>>83889564
>pic related lol
How in the name of Zeus's butthole is that Superman as Christ, you fucking imbecile?
>>
>>83889614
>don't strike me as things I'd pick to read with my grandkids.

Well of course not. There's nothing wrong with having comics like Spawn, Punisher, Lobo, etc.
>>
>>83882967
WonderBat is hot
>>
>>83889846
>Post number 69237254
lol when shitposting goes too far apparently. follow your cute train of logic from my original point to the point where I was clearly fucking with you. You held on to this shit for 11 months dude?

I'm apparently better at this than I thought.

> And you promptly started sperging right. The fuck. Out,
Dude you want to nitpick casual conversation about a point that you clearly understood was being made, that's on you. You're the one actively being intellectually dishonest over something only you fucking remember. Looking at that thread, you see the standard shit. I made a point. You acted autistic about the point. Then I acted like a dick about the point because it was making you agitated.

You're like the facebook memories program, but you're real, and on 4chan. I like this.

Remember me when I'm dead.
>>
>>83889925
>There's nothing wrong with having comics like Spawn, Punisher, Lobo, etc.

I totally agree. My real issue revolves around Wolverine, and it started back in the early 80s, specifically with that miniseries he had with Kitty Pryde. That's where it really started to take off.

To me, the X-Men and their associated characters had always sort of straddled the line between kid-friendly and not, but once things started to really take off with Claremont, they took a dark turn. A GREAT turn, in my opinion, but not necessarily anything I'd look on as being appropriate for 8 and 9-year old kids to just pick up off the newstands.

To me, they were the heroes who, while still marketed as kid-friendly heroes, never really had any hard, fast lines when it came to killing, especially with guys like Logan.
>>
>>83890085
>no u: the post

So were there other types of religious imagery in the movies or not? I couldn't help but notice how you sidestepped that entirely. Even now. Eleven months after the fact.

Is it there or isn't it?
>>
>>83890163
>My real issue revolves around Wolverine, and it started back in the early 80s, specifically with that miniseries he had with Kitty Pryde. That's where it really started to take off.

I don't follow X-Men, but wasn't Wolverine it's own separate series, like with how Detective Comics and Batman are two separate series?
>>
>>83890319
>no u: the post
Oh yeah?
>So were there other types of religious imagery in the movies or not?
Exclusively abrahamic. Never said anything otherwise.
>I couldn't help but notice how you sidestepped that entirely.
You "can't help" but see what you want it seems.
>Even now.
Been saying Abrahamic for 13 months m8.
>Is it there or isn't it?
idk what specifically you're asking, but probably?
>>
>>83890163
Depends a lot on your own personal values when assessing what you think is appropriate and not...I mean, when I was young, a kid came into Show and Tell with a fucking Starship Troopers arachnid bug...A toy from an R rated film, marketed at kids, and this had to be when I was like 6 or 7.
>>
>>83884655
Good thing the mercenaries were so good at shooting. They didn't hit a single negro's bones. C'mon anon did you forget about bones?
>>
File: smells.png (3MB, 1734x1548px) Image search: [Google]
smells.png
3MB, 1734x1548px
>>83890699
>>
>>83890377
Nah, Wolverine was an X-Man first and foremost for a long time, and neither the X-Men nor his standalone series that came much later were ever age-restricted.
>>
>>83890430
And there we have it. Even when Lex calls them out by name, they're not there for you. They're never going to be, regardless of how many people point them out to you.

Your primary problem with this movie is primarily you. To you, Lex telling Zod that he flew too close to the sun will always be meaningless and nonsensical because you're too fucking dense to see what other people are pointing out to you, why it's there, and what it means.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>83891136
>And there we have it.
what?
>Even when Lex calls them out by name, they're not there for you
He made allusions to Ahab and space demons and all kinds of shit. We're talking about how Superman is portrayed remember?
>They're never going to be, regardless of how many people point them out to you.
What? Are you saying Superman isn't repeatedly shown as as a christ figure?
>Your primary problem with this movie is primarily you.
kek. And your obsessive, aggressive defense of the movie is unambiguously you.
> To you, Lex telling Zod that he flew too close to the sun will always be meaningless and nonsensical
No it's an overt reference. Are you retarded?
>because you're too fucking dense to see what other people are pointing out to you, why it's there, and what it means.
Nigger nobody doesn't get the imagery and dialogue that was literally being spelled out to the audience.

What part of "belligerent subtext doesn't excuse pathetic narrative" don't you understand m8?
>>
>>83885574
>when some dumbass starts spouting nitpicking criticism about MoS but I can rest easy knowing that their opinion doesn't affect me in any way
>>
>>83886150
How come there are no cinema grids of Marvel movies? Is it because the fans know deep in their hearts that even the best stills they could find in any given movie couldn't compare to this?
>>
>>83891642
>How come there are no cinema grids of Marvel movies?
Nobody here is a desperate enough faggot to defend a Marvel movie to bother cherrypicking the good images from a shitty movie. Marvel movies are adequate and boring enough that they don't need desperate shilling.
>>
This was a weird thread desu. Didn't realize there was so much long standing beef on /tv/ over fucking Batman v Superman.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.