[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
great film with a lot of name dropping
>>
idk you tell me, I still have to watch it
is it Polish Zulawski or is it French Zulawski?
>>
>>83880223
french
>>
>>83880384
oh, now I'll definitely wait to watch it after I've read the book then
French Zulawski sucks
>>
File: adjani.jpg (112KB, 2048x1104px) Image search: [Google]
adjani.jpg
112KB, 2048x1104px
How the hell did he find an almost exact copy of young Isabella Adjani tho
>>
>>83880590
she was qt
>>
>>83880590
VICTORIA GUERRA IS MY WAIFU
>>
>>83882229
you seen her in that short film Catarina and the Others? Shit's wild. I didn't even realize it was the same person until I checked her credits.
>>
>>83882306
Sadly no, but I think she's been awarded at the portuguese awards (Globos de Ouro) and did a movie with John Malkovich. Anyway, I'd thank you if you sent me link of this short film
>>
>>83882514
https://vimeo.com/17139002

pretty typical "art film" but it's well shot and acted. The comments on the youtube upload of it are ridiculous.
>>
>>83879738
>Some say Cosmos

it's actually Kos
>>
>>83882692
Thank anon, I'll watch it asap
>>
I agree, I don't know what the fuck was it all about. I think Leo, the drunken idiot was responsible for everything.
Also I thought it was mediocre compared with one of the greatest films I've seen, POSSESSION (1981), by the same director.
>>
>>83880223
>is it Polish Zulawski or is it French Zulawski?
Wait, wait. What do you mean by this?
>>
>>83882833
is the film in Polish or in French
>>
>>83882833
>>83882856
I actually meant if it feels more like a Polish (Possession, On the silver globe, Szamanka, Diabel) or French (L'amour braque, la femme poublique) era Zulawski, but yea also that
>>
>>83882770
cosmos is the best film by zulawski after szamanka, third part of the night, diabel and on the silver globe
>>
>>83882856
Uh French I think. But Possession was in German, if I remember well.
>>
>>83882935
Possession was French/German wasn't it? Though it's definitely more akin to his Polish work.

But yeah, I knew you meant it as in the difference in vibe/style between French and Polish Zulawski, I just simplified it (and forgot about Possession not being either language)
>>
>>83882992
If you mean by production it was partly German, yeah. Also took place in Berlin, I believe. Though it's in English.

I was lucky enough to see a 35mm screening of it in a repertory theater after he died. One of the wildest nights at the movies.
>>
File: cuca.jpg (34KB, 300x397px) Image search: [Google]
cuca.jpg
34KB, 300x397px
>mfw the only available Zulawski's films in my country are L'amour braque, Possession, On the Silver Side of the Globe, The Most Important Thing: Love and Diabel, and I've already own all of them but I'll never be able to watch his other movies.
>>
>>83883174
You are correct, he wanted to make it in Poland but couldn't because I think it was the minister of culture in Poland was too crazy with censorship so he said fuck it and went to Germany.

>>83883278
honestly there's a power gap between Possession and everything else he made, no wonder, Possession is one of the best films ever made in history
>>
>>83883300
Even though I own his movies I didn't watch them because I have such high expectations and I don't want to ruin it, even though I think he'll may be able to top it, and also I have a ton of other shit to watch, so I'll save his movies for a while.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.