[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a little ditty this little kino is. So much better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

What a little ditty this little kino is. So much better than The Revenant.

What did you think la/tv/ians?
>>
Great movie, I really enjoyed it although I didn't really like how horrific and brutal it got by the end. Especially how they just left the blinded limbless wives behind. why not put them out of their misery or something . I thought it took away from the movie a bit
>>
>>83879760
Probably because they didn't want to make it obvious that they were there

The savages clearly understood what gunshots signified.
>>
>>83879494
If they cut the opening scene and made the first part more interesting. It could have been a perfect movie.

The wife was definitely gangbaned by the savages, right?
>>
>>83879760
dying of thirst would probably be the kindest thing that ever happened to them.
>>
>>83880862
You obviously haven't saw the full version
>>
File: jackyboy.jpg (12KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
jackyboy.jpg
12KB, 624x352px
my boy Matty Fox finally found a good film to be in
>>
no one else find the final scene extremely jarring?

like yeah i get there were 3 troglodytes left at the end and we heard the three gunshots but then the film just ends with a rock being thrown to the floor?
>>
>>83881422
Elaborate.
>>
>>83880862
Wonder how well those tracheas were on blowjobs
>>
>>83881751
She got passed around like a peace pipe desu
>>
File: 1491261656438.jpg (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491261656438.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
>>83879494
>better than the Revenant

I like Bone Tomahawk a lot but come on now
>>
need to rewatch this... they don't make movies like this anymore

Highly recommended
>>
>>83881852
Shit, I can't believe I missed that.
>>
>>83879494
I don't know, it seemed kinda like it fluttered back and forth between being a top notch movie and a HBO Production. Some parts just seemed cheap and rushed. Like, watch an episode of Land of the Lost, and tell me you don't get the same vibe from it.
>>
>>83882589
its how she knew exactly how many males there were
>>
File: Nice Guys.jpg (74KB, 634x570px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Guys.jpg
74KB, 634x570px
>>83881948
>they don't make movies like this anymore
>2015 movie
>>
Pulled some shit I wasn't expecting. Kind of a breath of fresh air in the western genre. But I can't call it perfect, I don't know what it is but it just doesn't achieve that classic western feel. Still a great movie. I liked it better than Sicario, but not as much as Mission Impossible. I also recommend Cop Car from that year.
>>
>>83883472
Characters weren't very interesting or memorable. Westerns need a very charismatic or well developed lead or it wouldn't work.

>>83882974
Yeah, they weren't very subtle with the implications. You JUST know.
>>
The sound design was fantastic
I can barely watch parts of it because of how horrible it sounds along with the visuals
If I mute it I'm fine, if I cover my eyes I'm still squirming about
Does this mean I'm a bitch or did they just do a good job
>>
Loved this film. I really liked how tense it was throughout, made the Wild West seem a genuinely scary place to be.

>>83883577
>Characters weren't very interesting or memorable
I disagree, while they weren't all memorable, and Kurt Russel basically played himself, the old guy and Matthew Fox's characters were both great.
>>
I love how they had Hanzee show up in the first act just to remind everyone "hey these aren't real native americans, they're actual monsters"
>>
File: 1496212042770.jpg (11KB, 261x216px) Image search: [Google]
1496212042770.jpg
11KB, 261x216px
>>83879494
Shit it really is better than the revenant isn't it? No obnoxious dutch angles or pretentious narrative. Bear in mind I think both movies are fairly mediocre.
>>
10/10 cast
8/10 script
3/10 production

I guess it was pretty low budget but a lot of it looked cheap. especially the cave at the end. Looked like Classic Star Trek. I guess the money went to Kurt and Wilson and the gore effects.
I don't know if the guy was a bad director but it just looked cheap. I would have liked to see it with a bigger budget to make it look real grimy
>>
>>83884279
I wouldn't say it looked cheap just a lot of the set pieces were really contained and I think it conflicted in a negative way with the more grander aesthetic when they were venturing out into the wilderness, but I definitely see where your coming from, I don't know what the fuck the director was thinking, probably a failed attempt at creating a more claustrophobic atmosphere to complement the gore.
>>
>>83884442
>creating a more claustrophobic atmosphere to complement the gore.
Not him, but I guess that's plausible.
>>
>>83884442
I don't know if this was his first film or not. I know he's doing a cop movie with Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn. So lets see what he can do with a bigger budget.
He's a good writer anyway. Maybe someone else should handle his scripts.
>>
>>83879494
great little gem of a kino

that emasculation scene was so shockingly gruesome it took me by complete surprise
>>
Oh fuck, my nigga P. Wilson is in this? Now I got to watch this
>>
when the guy gets his junk ripped off and shoved i n his mouth before being sawed in half it got my dick pretty hard, that's probably not a good thing
>>
fa/tv/irgins
>>
The narcissistic character was amazing as was the actor that played him. Probably the most memorable character from this fantastic kino.
>>
>>83879494

Took me by complete surprise. Looks amazing for the budget and was actually disturbing which is unusual.

Like a blast from the past violence and effects wise.

I kinda hope it becomes a good performer on streaming and Bluray because it didn't make enough.

Cost to make: 2 million.
>!!!
Box office: ~500k

But apparently around 3.5 mil in video sales. So there's some hope it's a slow burn success.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.