[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated Horror Flicks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: The_Hills_Have_Eyes_1977_cover.jpg (348KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The_Hills_Have_Eyes_1977_cover.jpg
348KB, 1120x1600px
We all remember Wes Craven for directing LHOTL but what about this forgotten gem?

This is probably my favorite horror story, I find it the most disturbing, because it's close to reality. A bunch of irradiated, grotesque humans hiding on an abandoned desert highway ambushing people and then eating them and repopulating by impregnating kidnapped women. And that's if you're lucky. Fucking terrifying.

What other horror movies fascinate/scare you the most?
>>
The remake has the hot rape scene.
>>
>>83879230
Is that the one with the breastfeeding?
>>
>>83879230
This movie might be responsible for my rape fetish
>>
Candyman

I genuinely think it's one of the best horror movies ever made, and I'm really confused by how people seem to miss everything that makes it great. Maybe it's a mix of being released at the end of the slasher boom, studio meddling, and godawful sequels that completely ignore the themes of the original, but it seems like most people regard it as a generic slasher movie. It's like people are completely oblivious to the deeper themes of the movie and how none of those descriptions are accurate; it's not really a slasher movie, and almost all of the lore associated with Candyman is heavily implied to be wrong in the original movie. It's really a story about urban legends, belief, and how fear effects people. It's based on a fantastic short story, and somehow Bernard Rose managed to expand the story's themes and make it even better for the adaptation.

I also really love horror stories about peoplelooking into something, getting in over their heads, and finding out more than they wanted, and Candyman does that better than any other movie I've seen.
>>
The rape scene and burning the father alive got to me. But I was still young at the time and not corrupted by this website yet. It probably wouldn't bother me anymore.
>>
>>83879195
The idea was good, the execution not so much. It was only slightly above the typical 70s drive in crap.
>>
>>83879195
31 currently. Before that the Lords of Salem and The Witch. Thought hoopers Poltergeist is still and will always be my number one followed closely by Rosemary's baby.

Inb4 u fagot
>>
>>83879873
It was good until The Candyman showed up and it turned into a typical "it's all an hallucination... OR IS IT?" crap that most lazy films go for.
Giving The Candyman a definitive backstory also undermined the point of the story, and the ending was fucking retarded.
I'm not a huge fan of Barker or anything like that, but the story was much better.
>>
>>83880374
>until The Candyman showed up and it turned into a typical "it's all an hallucination... OR IS IT?" crap
The movies doesn't really do that, though. Pretty much everything happens indicates that the Candyman is supposed to be real, including a bunch of stuff that Helen couldn't have done (like killing the doctor to escape the hospital), and the fact that he's clearly killed at the end of the movie. Honestly, I think the only reason people started to project the "It was all in Helen's head" thing was a stupid attempt to make what a lot of people think it a dumb movie deeper.

>Giving The Candyman a definitive backstory
The first movie doesn't do this, though. That professor tells a story, but it's obvious he doesn't believe it, and the story is so cliched, vague, and somewhat nonsensical that it's pretty obvious it was supposed to be another urban legend. I agree that giving the Candyman an origin undermines the point of the story, and that's why I hate the sequels for doing that.
>>
>>83879195
>Horror
>Underrated ever
This site is for adults only.
>>
>>83880707
Adults don't need to point to their own adulthood all the time, they just act like adults.
>>
>>83880251
this

was surprised by how.....nothing it was. Good build up with a terrible execution
>>
File: manchild.jpg (25KB, 564x601px) Image search: [Google]
manchild.jpg
25KB, 564x601px
>>83882309
If by "adults" you mean "millennials" then they actually don't act like "adults". It is the first generation that has ever existed who are super pussified, walking babies; both the men and the women are nothing but oversized babies.
>>
>>83883287
No, by adults I mean adults. You'll get there one day.
>>
Probably the best horror in recent history is Get Out
>>
>>83879195
It's alright.
But just alright.
>>
>>83880585
>Pretty much everything happens indicates that the Candyman is supposed to be real, including a bunch of stuff that Helen couldn't have done (like killing the doctor to escape the hospital)
That's because the movie can't decide what to do and doesn't fully commit one way or the other. It's just one cop out after another

>Giving The Candyman a definitive backstory
Yes, they do give him a backstory which was nowhere present on the original story, and that was the whole point. The fact that the sequel goes beyond retarded on this and is even worse than this one doesn't mean this doesn't fuck up.

It had a great set up and buildup for the first half, but it totally shits the bed on the second half and like I said, the ending is just downright stupid.
>>
Black Mountain Side is criminally underrated.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.