[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any shows like twin peaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (270KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 960x1440px
Any shows like twin peaks
>>
Desperate Housewives is similar in many ways. I know it may sound like i'm joking but it really does share many of the key elements: murder-mystery, soap-like elements, similar tone, character-centric, and hey even MacLachlan has a role in it too.

I don't think there is anything quite exactly like Twin Peaks though. Of course there are shows like X-Files, Fringe and True Detective (obviously among many others) which are close in description but in my opinion the one to really capture the same feeling closest to the show is Desperate Housewives.
>>
>>83862799
Yeah. X-fikes in particular if you're really interested in the paranormal side of twin peaks
>>
File: 431311.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
431311.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
This show shares the same tone and wit as Twin Peaks, with better camera work and editing.
>>
>>83862524
Millennium and Fringe too... maybe go way back for Dark Shadows
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 225x350px
I know this an anime and not a tv show but this the closest thing to twin peaks
>>
>>83863083
elaborate
>>
The Killing although the vibe is way less comfy
>>
The Days of Our Live.
>>
All of them and none
>>
>>83862524
Riverdale tries
>>
The best show ever made has no equal, nothing like it, but you can find plenty of facisimiles of course
>>
>>83865247
*facsimiles
>>
File: thisistrashyouaretrash.jpg (671KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
thisistrashyouaretrash.jpg
671KB, 1224x1632px
Trying looking in here OP.
>>
Adventure Time episodes storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone
>>
File: gravityfalls.jpg (417KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gravityfalls.jpg
417KB, 600x600px
Very comfy for an animated show
>>
Riget. Similar blend of a dull tv-genre (in this case hospital dramas) with horror elements and general oddballity.
>>
>>83865229
Watched the first episode of this yesterday just for shits, and was very pleasantly surprised to see Shelly Johnson herself on the show. I might actually have to keep watching it.
>>
>>83862524
Fargo should fit the category.
>>
>>83862524

Carnivale
>>
Gilmore Girls
>>
File: giffany.png (255KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
giffany.png
255KB, 640x360px
>>83865658
>western anime character done better any dumb jap has ever drawn
>>
I saw a few episodes of Picket Fences years ago. Has supernatural shit going down in a small town and has police as central characters.

I've heard Northern Exposure is similar. Can anybody confirm?
>>
Wild Palms
Eerie Indiana
Northern Exposure

were all trying to rip off Twin Peaks or aspects of it to varying degrees.
>>
>>83866582
fucking this
it's a damn shame it was left in half
>>
Steven Universe
>>
>>83863083
You're a retarded weeaboo for thinking that and I actually thought the original tv series was pretty ok.
>>
>>83865247
OP is asking about Twin Peaks, not The X Files.
>>
Breaking Bad
>>
Silent Hill video games give a Twin Peaks vibe at times. Not the movies.
>>
Wild Palms is kind of similar, but it feels kind of like knock-off Cronenberg due to its technological themes. It's not great but it's pretty interesting and fun, especially the first episode.
>>
>>83870523
ya
>>
File: 1497298817386[1].jpg (26KB, 605x340px) Image search: [Google]
1497298817386[1].jpg
26KB, 605x340px
True Detective>>Twin Peaks

So bored wasting time watching Cooper's progressing autism, cringing at unfunny jokes and edgy, violent killing scenes, with that shitty live music at the end. Actually you can't even compare True Detective and Twin Peaks, the first one was absolutely mindblowing and super interesting to watch, while even old Twin Peaks is unbearble crap, 30yold igly permastoned lady playing a schoolgirl, fuck she's annoying af, the music theme is so bad, it felt old and pathetic back then, now it sounds like 70's shit.
I watched True Detective probably 10 times and it's perfect, real, the second one was dissapointing, too mainstream and cliched, the rest of the stuff like dark mirror, house, american horror, american gods and all that fake stuff is literally pukeworthy shit for middle class office rats that come home and need that load of shit to spice up their evenings, and get that fake behaviour pattern for the next day when they return to work, just like kids after watching some action movie, think this is real life.

Sadly that tree and the entire spot is taken down, there's a plain field instead right now.
>>
File: this.jpg (103KB, 1080x521px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
103KB, 1080x521px
>>83862524
>>
>>83866582
This is the only good post in this thread
>>
>>83862799
Desperate Housewives is the soap opera elements of Twin Peaks taken to the extreme
>>
>>83866582
Beat me to it.
Only real answer
>>
>>83862524
Not Twin Peaks: The return, that I could tell.
>>
Wonderfalls
Picket Fences
Eerie, Indiana
Northern Exposure
>>
>>83872659
(you)
>>
>>83872659
extremely low IQ post
>>
File: dead prem.jpg (35KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
dead prem.jpg
35KB, 620x348px
Not a TV show but is a direct ripoff

And its fucking great
>>
"The Leftovers".
>>
Riverdale is basically CW Twin Peaks fanfiction
>>
>>83870523
Deadly Premonition is almost literally Twin Peaks the Game though.
>>
>>83874978
No, alan wake is
>>
>>83874831
you've got me hungry for a Sinner's Sandwich. Time to jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rexgzYPPcZg
>>
>>83875469
Is it really though?
If I liked one, would I like the other one too?
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 300x400px
Ummm this is like twin peaks
>>
>>83873415
best show
>>
>>83873982
I don't think it ever got as bad as twin peaks did once they basically removed the murder-mystery aspect. Ben was great during that period though.
>>
>>83867290
>Northern Exposure
It's not. Still a great show though.
>>
Is Wayward Pines like TP?
>>
>>83865247

Glib facisimiles.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.