[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Batman v Superman too deep for modern audiences to understand?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 46

File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
Was Batman v Superman too deep for modern audiences to understand?
>>
>>83850351
too deep in shit
>>
>>83850351
Yes, there's a reason plebs haven't stopped being mad about it for an entire year
>>
>>83850351

Yeah

Man of Steel too
>>
too deep in it's own ass
>>
>>83850351
not too deep but people have had a steady stream of fluff so when something different comes along they interpret it as pretentious
>>
File: why he doesnt have a neck.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
why he doesnt have a neck.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>83850351
A lot of people said the new batman suit looks nice. I agree, but all the muscle pad bulked so much that bat barely has a neck..

They could do so much better..
>>
>>83850351
Yes. It will stand the test of time while every marvel shit fest will be forgotten.
>>
File: batman suits.jpg (1MB, 2416x2132px) Image search: [Google]
batman suits.jpg
1MB, 2416x2132px
>>83851356
on the display model somewhere i don't know where, batman's suit gere actually seems to be capable of being a agile fighter.

Somewhat I can picture batman having boyka's body:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbI_04n3lLU
>>
File: images (2).jpg (2KB, 144x122px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
2KB, 144x122px
>>83850351
>>
>>83850351
Yes. Kino is not meant for plebs. Synder attempted to elevate capeshit to something worthy of attention of fellow auteurs, but the plebs rejected his brilliance with their boundless ignorance.
>>
>>83851757
This is what DCucks actually believe. The suit isn't anymore agile than the 90s movie versions, you fucking pleb
>>
File: images (4).jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
7KB, 318x159px
>>83850351
>>83850410
>>83850419
>>83851742

Why so autistic?
>>
>>83850351
Maybe not too deep. Maybe too unexpectedly deep.
>>
Dude how can god be real there's bad stuff in the world lmao
>>
>>83850351
How many times has this been posted now?
>>
Too deep for the average capeshit fan. Too shallow for anyone with an IQ above 90.
>>
>>83850351
>they finally nailed the probably most beloved DC hero
>spend at least half the film on shitty marry sue nobody likes
>>
I think what happened is there was so much thoughtless, unimportant superhero garbage for so long, and then MoS/BvS came along, and they weren't paradigm-shifting or deep to incredible depths, but it did have a little bit of something to say, and even that little bit is a huge amount more than Marvel's been saying for however many years. But people just weren't used to it, they were so conditioned by Marvel that superhero movies have to be 2 hours thrown away on fighting and quipping, that they just couldn't process this new development. So instead of taking a step back and being open to what Snyder had to say through his movies and allowing for the possibility of a superhero movie being about something more their thought process was "Here's a movie that seems like it has some meaning and some intention, but superhero movies are shallow and juvenile, so definitively it can't be anything more than that, so therefore it has to fail at all the things it's trying to do. Jumping to this deduction is quicker easier than actually examining it to see whether it actually does have meaning and value or not".

I mean BvS has some rough edges but I don't see how anyone can think MoS is a bad movie without trying to.
>>
All of you pure retarded infant heads that defend this movie need to watch these videos and then refute it. I dare you faggots to try.

https://youtu.be/FXpiRzumrVY

https://youtu.be/ALHJI0Zqweo
>>
>>83852252

>I can't make any arguments so here are some youtube videos made by other people that coincidentally summarise my own personal opinion exactly

how convenient for you that your opinions have already been developed by other people
>>
>>83852317
Not gonna refute anything said in the videos?
>>
It had a lot of shortcomings

Lex was shit
Clark Kent was shit
Superman never smiled (but I guess if you view the movie through Lex's or Batman's pov it makes more sense since he's supposed to be the evil guy.
Why the hell would Superman call his mom Martha
>>
>>83852341
Nobody has time to watch a fucking video of some nerd droning on and on. Type it out or fuck off.
>>
It's a 6/10 when compared to anything other than different capeshit
>>
>>83852411
That's a no, then.
>>
>>83852317
Run from the evidence. :)
>>
>>83852252
I've already watched them both. They're full of shit and demand the movie brainlessly conform to their expectations instead of judging it on its own merits. Among the most retarded assumptions:

>Characters are always perfectly honest with everyone, including themselves

>Being a superhero is synonymous with being a vigilante/crimefighter

>There is literally no difference between self-defense and cold-blooded murder BECAUSE I SAY SO.

>Villains must always reveal their master plan to the hero.

>No one has a hidden agenda. Ever. Unless it's blatantly obvious to the point that they might as well be screaming it directly into the camera.

>Characters can never having internal conflicts and dreams that indicate the contrary have no place in a superhero movie!

>Why is this?

>Why isn't that?

And a heaping helping of
>Not muh

And all because they're brainless retards who've swallowed the pill that superhero films are a distinct subgenre. They're fucking not. Anyone who says differently is fucking trying to sell you more snake oil.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7KB, 202x249px
>>83850351

No. It's just a bad film.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 295x171px
>>83852532
You're kind of a faggot huh?
>>
File: Superfans.jpg (58KB, 610x490px) Image search: [Google]
Superfans.jpg
58KB, 610x490px
>>83852606
Your absence of an argument is noted. Better luck next time.
>>
>>83850351
It was actually pretty good for the first bit, but it fell apart as it progressed. Is the Ultimate version more coherent?

Also quite frankly, I thought that wedging in Wonder Woman was a pointless distraction.
>>
>>83852251
this desu, though I think bot MoS and BvS are good movies.
>>
>>83850383
fpbp
>>
>>83850351
absolutely
>>
File: Coop.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Coop.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>83852532
Good counter argument anon.
>>
File: 1496979271323.jpg (304KB, 762x3457px) Image search: [Google]
1496979271323.jpg
304KB, 762x3457px
How many pajeet bucks do you get for this, dopinder?
>>
>>83850410
Most of the posts actually come from people calling it "kino". Those who thought it was shit stopped caring a few weeks after it was released.
>>
>>83852532
How is Superman a good character?

Why are he and Lo lane in love? What reason do I have to believe or be invested in the relationship?

Why is Batman the punisher?

Explain Lex's plan?

That was not Lex.

When have we seen Superman do anything to have the support he does from the public? When the world meets him he slaughters an entire city fighting a menace he brought.

Why can't you admit it's bad? I know Batman looks cool. There are some cool fights. But the plot and character motivations are autism in it's most pure form.

Why does the senator hate Superman but want to stop lex from building a deterrent for the safety of humanity?

Martha.

Why does Lex say that they should build the kryptonite weapons because there are more metahumans but this will only work against Kryptonians.

Why does mixing Lex's blood with zods make penismonsterman?

You can't answer these.

PS: Martha.
>>
>>83850351
It's the Prometheus of capekino. Plebs can't understand the deep symbolism no matter how many times they watch it.
In a few decades, it will be seen in the same light as Citizen Kane and Fight Club.
Give Snyder more money.
>>
>>83852341

Do you really expect me to watch 40 minutes of the same shit that gets posted in these threads over and over? State me some facts or fuck off mate.
>>
>>83852251
I completely agree with this.
>>
>>83852882
>In a few decades, it will be seen in the same light as Citizen Kane and Fight Club.
I want /r/movies to leave
>>
File: download (1).jpg (16KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
16KB, 191x263px
>>83852685
Scroll down faggot. I gave you an argument.
>>
File: BatmanFightBTS.jpg (58KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanFightBTS.jpg
58KB, 800x800px
>>83852075
>DCucks
Just because I talked about batman's suit doesn't mame me a DCuck. Specially seeying how both comis universers also stinking of shit on their own way.

>The suit isn't anymore agile than the 90s movie versions
confirmed retard or baiter
>>
File: Superman - Bulletproof.jpg (58KB, 582x317px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Bulletproof.jpg
58KB, 582x317px
>>83852746
Based Coop is with me. Who could be against me?
>>
>>83852882
>>83852716
>>83852685
>>83852532

You guys defend Suicide squad too don't you?
>>
>>83852857

You've pointed out many of the undeniable flaws. The autist shall run, fingers in ears.
>>
>>83852882
>In a few decades, it will be seen in the same light as Citizen Kane and Fight Club.
>citizen
Could you explain (in great detail) why you consider something "high"
Use your own words, try not to mention why it's important to other people and don't copy/paste reviews.
thanks
>>
>>83852857
>why does the public support him
Besides the montage of scenes in both films where he saves people, stops disasters, stops a fucking spaceship from crashing

but that's only a minor problem with your post. The rest is someone trying to complain about something too hard. It's a bad movie, but you're being a retard.
>>
>>83852685
kek i have never seen that
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 194x259px
>>83853154
Your mother's a cunt and should be beaten.

It's a great movie. Everything in his post is wrong. Name one thing right?
>>
>>83852857
>How is Superman a good character?
I find him quite realistic and relatable. He's a good examinations of the human side of a superhuman character. His flaws are important, of course he's a flawed character. What are the odds of an alien travelling across time and space to meet two people who while having no kids of their own happen to be the greatest parents in the world and who raise a superpowered alien kid to be a perfectly well-adjusted adult who always knows what to do and is always capable of doing it? Slim.

>Why are he and Lo lane in love?
Because Lois is the first person he wasn't related to who understand who and what he was and not only accepted him but loved him for it, and because Clark is a superpowered but troubled Adonis who will do anything to protect her and the innocent

> What reason do I have to believe or be invested in the relationship?
I don't know how to explain the answer to this to an autist such as yourself

>Why is Batman the punisher?
He's not, but I understand where you're coming from. Batman is already, definitively, not a mentally stable person, and the Batman in the movie has spent decades fighting crime and come up with nothing but loss to show for it. As he says in the movie, criminals are like weeds. He's jaded and hardened by the futility of what he's dedicated his life to.

>Explain Lex's plan?
In short: discredit Superman in the eyes of the public by casting doubt on him, then set up a fight between Batman and Superman so that either A) Superman kills Batman and the world sees Superman as the guy who killed Batman, and thus not a virtuous paragon B) Batman kills Superman and the world sees that Superman was not the invulnerable god they thought he was or C) something else happens, Lex releases Doomsday as a fuck-you to whoever's still alive

>That was not Lex.
Lex isn't real, Lex is whatever he's written to be. That aside, this version of Lex is based on various comic sources, primarily Superman: Birthright.
>>
>>83850351

>Wonder Woman showing up at the end

trashman.jpg
>>
>>83852857

>When have we seen Superman do anything to have the support he does from the public?
There's a whole montage of him saving people from things. And they were actually paying attention when Metropolis was getting rekt in MoS so they know that Superman wasn't there at the time because he was on the other side of the planet saving the entire world.

>Why can't you admit it's bad?
Because it's good.There's more to both movies than fights, and the plot and characters have none of the flaws you accuse them of having.>>83852857

>Why does the senator hate Superman but want to stop lex from building a deterrent for the safety of humanity?
Because like Lex she fears him but simultaneously knows tha tLex is a slimy dishonest and mentally unstable person who shouldn't have control of the means to start a war with someone who can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes.

>Martha.
This isn't a question

>Why does Lex say that they should build the kryptonite weapons because there are more metahumans but this will only work against Kryptonians.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here

>Why does mixing Lex's blood with zods make penismonsterman?
Because human genetics and Kryptonian genetics are similar but not the same, so what you end up with is an abomination.
>>
>>83853229
I'm not the guy but you seemed to skip a lot of his points. Also, dude if you think Superman is relatable you are beyond saving.
>>
>>83851356

The problem was that Ben Affleck decided to get obese for some reason. For a few moments when his mask was broken I thought it was Jason Alexander.
>>
>>83853353
You're lost to the movie God's foolish boy.
>>
>>83853397

I shorten some of his questions because I knew I'd probably hit character limit but I think I addressed all of the points themselves.

Why don't you think Clark is relatable? You don't have to have his capabilities to understand his perspective.

>>83853430
>You can;t answer these
>Here you go Nelson, here are answers to your questions based on the film
>uh.... uh, you;re just, uh, you;re just a fanboy, you fanboy
>>
>>83852857

>How is Superman a good character?
By virtue of being an actual man instead of quipbot #46328, for starters. He's not perfect and god-like in his wisdom. He's struggling with his own demons, namely guilt and fear of how easily he could just as quickly lead humanity to its doom than he can inspire us to better things. He's aware that something's off in his approach and is trying to figure out how to fix it. It has a lot to do with being a quiet farm boy from Kansas.
>Why are he and Lo lane in love? What reason do I have to believe or be invested in the relationship?
Because Lois believes in who he is and who he can be and Clark loves her for accepting him for who he is. Their relationship is not without its bumps and is very much reflective of Superman's relationship with his adopted world.

>Why is Batman the punisher?
He's not. Not even close. For one thing, Frank will cap a man dead in the face and eyefuck him while he's doing it. Bats can't even bring himself to shoot KGBeast.

>Explain Lex's plan?
Blackmail Superman into killing the Batman. Use Doomsday as a diversion while he makes good his escape and ties up loose ends like Lois and possibly even Dr. Klyburn. Whoever loses, Lex still wins because now he's got an alien menace to scare the world with. He'll use the survivor(or even the protracted conflict) to assemble other metas, notably Diana whom he had the foresight to invite to Metropolis in the first place.

>That was not Lex.
It was every bit as much Lex as any other incarnation has been, cartoonboy.

Continued.
>>
>>83853415
But I thought he didn't, and the stuffed up bulked fake muscles were the problem.

That working out scene in the movie.. he got a lot fatter than that?
>>
I've tried so hard to like this movie man. But I honestly don't dig mopey no-hope-supes or wacky unstable lex. And I get Batmans character motivations but I don't like what it does to the character. Plus the huge plot holes and rushed apocalypse.

It's just not very good. No one here would say it's better than TDK I hope.
>>
>>83853501
>Bats can't even bring himself to shoot KGBeast

Batman murders people all the time in BvS and it's not even in the memey trolley problem way you see in Nolan's movies.
>>
>>83853607
>the huge plot holes

There are none, fight me.
>>
>>83852857
>When have we seen Superman do anything to have the support he does from the public? When the world meets him he slaughters an entire city fighting a menace he brought.
He brought them. Being fanatical douchebags is completely on them. Non-autists have zero problem making this distinction. They showed up, were unreasonable dickheads, and Clark stepped up and dealt with them. Decisively. There are countless other acts of heroism illustrated both on the security guard Wally's corkboard as well as acts like we see him performing in the appropriately named Rescue Montage. Pay less attention to your phone when you're watching movies and you'll catch these nuanced little details that span minutes of film time.

>Why can't you admit it's bad? The plot and character motivations are autism in it's most pure form.
Your post is the purest, most undiluted distillation of autism in this entire thread. You demand explanations and then refuse to accept them because you're too autistic and up your own ass to even see how dense you are.

>Why does the senator hate Superman but want to stop lex from building a deterrent for the safety of humanity?
Because she doesn't hate him. You're just too autistic to read emotion. She even says outright what she thinks to Charlie Rose: "I'm not saying he shouldn't act. I'm just saying he shouldn't act unilaterally." She's afraid of how he can, simply by virtue of being seen by the rest of the world as an American, can fuck up international relations and violate the sovereignty of any nation on the planet at his whim. That would be, and *should* be terrifying to any political entity, most especially the one the world looks at as his home.
>>
>>83850351
>MARTHA IS TOO DEEP

fucking kill yourself OP, BvS is stinking shit no matter waht
>>
>>83853670
What killer Batman does to the character I love alone ruins it for me. I'm not the guy btw.
>>
>>83853670
>"I'm not saying he shouldn't act. I'm just saying he shouldn't act unilaterall

I also think that Lex influeneced him a bit since even though there's a miniscule 0.00001% chance that Superman can go rogue, HE CAN go rogue and who can stop a god like him?
>>
The directors cut is great, its a shame that commercial retards put barriers in the way and cut it to pieces
>>
File: SuperAngel.jpg (89KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
SuperAngel.jpg
89KB, 1366x768px
>>83852857
>Martha.
Pic related. If you can't see how this, Bruce's choice of weaponry, the branding, his reluctance to actually kill anyone in cold blood, and his own psychological hangups all add up to the very real possibility that he was only hearing what he needed to hear to stop himself, that's totally on you.

>Why does Lex say that they should build the kryptonite weapons because there are more metahumans but this will only work against Kryptonians.
Because I know this will come as a shock, but sometimes people just say whatever they think will scare other people into giving them what they want. These things happen sometimes. Just because we know and Lex knows that all metahumans aren't linked to Superman doesn't mean literally everyone knows that.

>Why does mixing Lex's blood with zods make penismonsterman?
For the same reason ancient dino blood plus frog DNA = Jurassic Park.

>You can't answer these.
Oh, but I can, junior. I so totally can.

>PS: Martha.
PS: 4U

Now politely fuck off to something more your speed.
>>
>>83853795
>HE CAN go rogue and who can stop a god like him?
>HURR DURR LET'S KILL THE GOOD GUY WHO HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO GIVE EVERYTHING FOR US BEFORE HE MAY TURN EVIL

that was fucking stupid and you all know it
>>
>>83853778
>the character I love

NOT MUH
>>
>>83853670
Do you defend Suicide squad?
>>
>>83853838
If you don't have a backup plan for Superman you're just asking for trouble. Superman is an alien entity - he's not human, you don't know his agenda you don't know what he's aiming for. how long will he keep saving people? what makes him angry? what makes him tick? what's the end of his patience? these are all unknown to humans
>>
File: 1490223647333.jpg (34KB, 399x460px) Image search: [Google]
1490223647333.jpg
34KB, 399x460px
>oh hey, it's another "desperate faggots trying to prove BvS was not shit and are unsuccessful" episode
>>
>>83853817

Reluctance to kill? What are you going on about? He does nothing but kill. Explain yourself.
>>
>>83853817
Your defense of Martha borders on mental illness.
>>
>>83853397
>dude he shoots laser and flies! Not relatable at all!
Top kek
>>
>>83852950
>>83853071

Yeah, not so much.
>>83853229
>>83853353
>>83853501
>>83853670
>>83853817

>>83853872
>Do you defend Suicide squad?
Nope. I liked precisely three things about it - Leto looks like he might actually do some great things with the character given a better script, I liked the character designs overall, and I liked the subtle reference it made to how magic and godhood work in their universe and how belief and worship factor into it. Overall, it all felt rushed and disjointed to me without being able to devote sufficient screentime to developing chemistry between the characters.
>>
File: 1476325973510.png (384KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476325973510.png
384KB, 640x480px
>>83854031
>>
File: 1488730677992.png (65KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1488730677992.png
65KB, 499x338px
>>83854015
>>
>>83854031
>TFW we will never have a killer croc/captain boomerang buddy flick with them having mad banter between each other
>>
>>83850351

There are some objectively bad directorial mistakes, such as anyone telling a joke except Laurence Fishburn. All of them were horribly cringey. The majority of the first act was also atrocious. With that said, the films imagery, cinematography, and conservative themes were quite powerful and I adore this movie despite it's objective flaws.
>>
File: Batmax.jpg (142KB, 715x402px) Image search: [Google]
Batmax.jpg
142KB, 715x402px
>>83853635
Show me one person he actually shoots. One. He doesn't aim for people, he aims for equipment. There's a reason for it, but you don't want to hear it, so you won't.

You'll come back with an incredibly predictable response. I'll utterly beat you down with how it proves my point, and like Wimp Lo, you, bleeding, will declare yourself the winner.
>>
The title is so fucking dumb. Like that of bad fan fiction written by a 12 year old.
>>
>>83850351
Snyder is a fucking hack and if you liked this you should kill yourself
>>
>>83850351
Obviously, even now the marvelpajeets still doesn't get it.
>>
>>83850351
so how are they going to revive Supes?
>>
>>83853105
bump
>>
File: iranusdrone.jpg (118KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
iranusdrone.jpg
118KB, 600x400px
>>83853838
>that was fucking stupid and you all know it

It was dumb when Cheney said it, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_Percent_Doctrine

Here endeth the lesson.
>>
>>83854161
Was this scene inspired by anything? This scene had a pretty cool setting.
>>
>>83854207
As a Snyder fan, I can acknowledge that BvS wasn't really good.

BvS theatrical cut suffered too much from pacing problems. Director's cut alleviated that but if you already saw the theatrical cut, your view will already be tainted.

WB wanting to catch up to Marvel basically made BvS a compressed movie. Instead of going with the usual route of

MoS 2 and / or Batman
then BvS

they cut to the chase to have their team up team Justice League get released as soon as possible. There was so many things for Snyder to do and gutting the film didn't help at all. I really want to see Snyder's 5 or 6 hour BvS film. The man's vision is unparalleled.
>>
File: Suicide Squad -Killer Croc.jpg (21KB, 499x299px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad -Killer Croc.jpg
21KB, 499x299px
>>83854139
Personally, I want a heist movie with Katana and Boomer where she reluctantly gets paired with him by Waller, trash-talks him in Japanese the entire film, and Boomer reveals at the end that he's fluent in Japanese, but gets off on the abuse.
>>
>>83854161
Are you retarded? That was a dream. He shoots ppl the whole movie and blows them up with his car.
>>
File: Lex - Disrespect.jpg (86KB, 1366x615px) Image search: [Google]
Lex - Disrespect.jpg
86KB, 1366x615px
>>83854246
My bet is that the New Gods do it. Second best guess is Bats working with S.T.A.R. Labs.

Kino choice: They need Lex for it.
>>
>>83854495
BET.

garbage.
>>
It tried to be more than a mindless flick and it failed spectacularly because of a terrible screenplay, editing that was all over the place and stupid Justice League shit
>>
>>83854398
Essentially, it's Injustice or arguably even a nod to Flashpoint. DC's got a good number of dystopian future settings. Their Elseworlds stories are pretty much the end-all/be-all of alternate takes on characters.
>>
>>83850351

No it was just a bad movie and those shitty Superman movies are going to be what drags DC's CU into its grave.
>>
>>83854161
>there's a reason why this movie suck

Of course there is anon
>>
>>83854497
Show me one person he puts a bullet in.

Protip: You fucking can't.
>>
I would say it wasn't "too deep" but seeing a lot of the criticism seems really stupid I guess it was.

Not that its a masterpiece but the criticism seems like an idiot wrote it.
>>
>>83854654
There's a reason you smoke copious amounts of pole, too, but that wasn't my point, either.
>>
>>83854702
What's he shooting out of his vehicles dipshit???

The scene where he fails to steal the kryptonite.

On his way to save Martha.

Are you trolling faggot?
>>
>>83854702
https://youtu.be/GgkQS7q6sT0

You won't reply to this.
>>
>>83854886

He shoots at cars, not at people.
He punches people and things, he doesn't kill the outright. A grenade going off ins't his problem.
>>
>>83854702
>>83854497

He shoots a bunch of ppl in the dream.
He shoots ppl the whole movie. This is undisputed.
>>
>>83854933
>he is not intentionally killing people by shooting cars until they explode!
>>
>>83855040
>This is undisputed.

Clearly factually incorrect as evidenced by the conversation you're having right now
>>
>>83854779
Your point is that within the context of the story you are desperately trying to argue has a meaning reason behind the events in the story, when no one actually cares about the 'why' when the 'what' is so boring and poorly executed.
>>
>>83854933
Watch the proof dumb mother fucker.

And are you aware that people are in cars. It shows his shooting cars and ppl being ingulfed in flames.
>>
>>83855044

They were rubber bullets. Honestly.
>>
>Batman and Superman shouldn't kill people

Who cares? They're all cartoon characters anyway.
>>
>>83855098

They should have build better cars. Such a travesty.
>>
>>83854702
Hahaha. You lose the argument. You won't watch the clips. Kill yourself.
>>
>>83855155
Yeah, you're an idiot. Consider suicide.
>>
File: Bat-retaliation2.gif (2MB, 480x202px) Image search: [Google]
Bat-retaliation2.gif
2MB, 480x202px
>>83854923
Yeah, I will, because counting the kills while disallowing the manner of the death is exactly opposite of what Bruce himself is doing.

It's not the fans splitting hairs here, it's the character himself. He's putting himself in harm's way, inviting situations where he can justify any deaths that occur as being "self-defense," but even then, he doesn't allow himself to kill without something else acting as a buffer, whether it's a vehicle, a crate, an explosion, there's always something to distance him from the act itself.

It's what makes him choosing to create a Kryptonite spear so telling: face-to-face with weapon in hand is exactly the way he won't allow himself to kill anyone, not even KGBeast.

You watched a movie where Batman prep-timed himself out of his own psychosis and you didn't even notice it.
>>
>>83855155
Well, I think we're done here ey faggot? Keep your eyes closed and fingers in your ears.
>>
File: nKb9sw1aYXdV5sGce61CrpCdY.jpg (242KB, 984x691px) Image search: [Google]
nKb9sw1aYXdV5sGce61CrpCdY.jpg
242KB, 984x691px
>>83850383
/thread
>>
>>83855089
Your sentence structure is too appalling to warrant any more consideration than what I'm affording you at this very moment.
>>
>>83855277
So wait, basically BvS is "I won't kill you, I just don't have to save you" blown up to ridiculous and literal proportions?
>>
>>83855352

Yup. And he only start that after the capitol bombing when he loses his shit.
>>
>>83855277
Dude, you are putting way more thought into this than Hack Snyder did. And your logic is beyond stupid and backed up by nothing in the movie. It also doesn't change the fact that he is a murderer scumfuck.
>>
Honestly the film became a bit better for me after having watched Wonder Woman.

I wonder if WB/DC planned this out from the start: that their more crossover-oriented movies would become retroactively good as they keep releasing newer DCEU movies.
>>
>>83855379
Huh. Cool. The whole "Superhero pushed to breaking point" is a favorite trope of mine, it's what makes Red Son so good.
>>
>>83855379
>And he only start that after the capitol bombing when he loses his shit
The bombing was after the attempt at getting the Kryponite.

The catalyst was the Metropolis attack itself
>>
>>83855385

Chris Terrio wrote the script, dumbfuck and he put a lot of thought into it.
>>
>>83855396
Except that didn't happen in BvS
>>
>>83854246
I thought he regenerated by himself since you see the rocks levitate.
>>
>>83855277
I also liked how after the superman attack, he's apparently "crueler", like he no longer gives a fuck, or he sees how insignificant he is in the grander scheme of things. When Alfred comments on the rules changing, it's clear Bruce has moved on to bigger things and the ground level thugs aren't even worth treating with kids gloves anymore.

Hope we see more of that in The Batman 2bh
>>
File: BatsPullup.gif (985KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
BatsPullup.gif
985KB, 500x180px
>>83855352
Pretty much. Even more to the point, the people that he *should* have the least reservations about killing, the "boss" types like the human trafficker at the beginning, he can't bring himself to kill because he can't justify it.

He's not a dirty cop who can kill a guy in cold blood, drop a weapon, and walk away thinking "job well done." He's left with no choice but to brand them, single them out as the sort of criminals that even other criminals think of as pond scum and let them do his dirty work for him.

Tellingly, he brands them in the same region where he's also heavily scarred. This is almost certainly projection. He sees himself as already irredeemable and he projects that onto the criminals he sees in the same light. He associates that scar with his own fall from grace, the point where he went beyond redemption.

In light of that, his choice to not brand Luthor at the end is every bit as telling. He doesn't see anyone being beyond redemption any more, having found it himself.
>>
>>83855504
Did you even watch the film? The entire Batman arc is about how he feels powerless and he's breaking all his rules.
>>
>>83855444
Not to mention that Snyder himself specifically mentions these factors in the commentary. It took me some time to see how they all fit together, but it's actually pretty amazing.
>>
>>83855444
>Chris Terrio
Isn't he on board for the solo Batman film as well? Should be good.
>>
>>83855509
I sort of had that impression, too. but time will tell.
>>
Bvs Batman is based on frank millers the dark night returns Batman he's older and much more brutal in that he he shoots people he lets bad guys die he blows up cars and causes explosions leaving the bad guys in critical condition, in the first part he causes 4 bad guys to crash there chopper and die in the explosion after tackling two face off into a near building
>>
>>83852191
Yeah, Lois does suck.
>>
>>83855553
I really didn't care why he was doing what he was doing and I didn't even know the movie established him having rules to break to begin with.
>>
>>83855509
>>83854246
Likely, he was never dead.

I have a feeling they're going to pull out a BS twist like "He turned his back on humanity" or something and he's living on a farm painting houses for cash, or he has some kind of Amnesia.

Alternatively, I guess Batman is going to have words with Lex about how he "revived" Zod and see if it can be repurposed to revive a non-Doomsday Superman
>>
>>83855630

Basically, you didn't pay attention to the movie.
>>
>>83855630
This aint batman the animated series kid
>>
>>83855630
Sounds like a "you" problem, kid. If you didn't enjoy the film, whatever, but when everything is there for you and you choose not to listen, that's definitely a "you" problem.
>>
>>83855597
>Isn't he on board for the solo Batman film as well?
Yeah, could be really good
>>
File: Bat-Brand-of-Justice.jpg (107KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Bat-Brand-of-Justice.jpg
107KB, 1400x700px
>>83855630
In his first scene with Alfred, Alfred slaps pic related down in front of him and says, "New rules?"

If branding and torture were new things, I'd say it's a safe bet that killing was, too.
>>
>>83850351
I loved MoS and WW but I thought this was so shit only due to Jesse Eisenberg as fucking Lex Luthor, also Lois jobbing about acting like a plot-device was really fucking annoying to look at.
>>
>>83850351
>Was Batman v Superman too deep for modern audiences to understand

Yes, but the sad thing is it wasn't even deep, it was surface layer only
>>
>>83855736
So character development is handled with exposition, no wonder why I really didn't care about what he was doing.
>>
>>83855716
how is me not liking a film a problem? Who is it a problem for? It definitely isn't me and if it's a problem for you than that's pretty sad.
>>
>>83855876

Exposition you couldn't pick up upon, fuckboy.
>>
>>83855690
If it had been a better movie I would have paid attention
>>
>>83855684
I think the New Gods are going to be heavily involved in it. And I think they're going to be using him as some sort of conduit of worship.

If there's any truth to the rumor about Pa Kent dream sequences, there's a good chance that he's going to be playing host to either Steppenwolf or Darkseid. I want that to be true. I want a trippy dreamscape/astral fight with Supes and Pa Kent fighting off the invader.
>>
>>83855876
>character development

It's character establishment, of course it's exposition you retard.
>>
File: 1492816178067.gif (3MB, 314x293px) Image search: [Google]
1492816178067.gif
3MB, 314x293px
>>83855978
>If there's any truth to the rumor about Pa Kent dream sequences, there's a good chance that he's going to be playing host to either Steppenwolf or Darkseid. I want that to be true. I want a trippy dreamscape/astral fight with Supes and Pa Kent fighting off the invader.
>>
File: Snyder-Man.jpg (212KB, 755x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder-Man.jpg
212KB, 755x1008px
>>83855876
You're butthurt is really, really starting to hang out, there, son. Maybe you should get some air.
>>
>>83855988
Which is part of character development...
>>
>>83856039
Your memes ain't shit bruv
>>
File: 1497206249817.png (79KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497206249817.png
79KB, 300x256px
>>83856140
back 2 reddit, numale
>>
>>83856111

Sure, the first part, where you lay out the initial facts of the character to place them at the beginning of their development. That's what exposition is for, that's its purpose.
>>
File: MoS World Engine Forceps.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MoS World Engine Forceps.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>83856168
Be kind. I suspect he's still a newcomer to this world of ours.
>>
The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character say that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a structural constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succinctly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.
>>
>>83856232
oh shit

that is brilliant

somebody needs to send this to the Man of Steel Thesis guy
>>
>>83850351
>It's a very deep multilayered script coupled with deeply symbolic imagery, you'd do a good job of relaying some of its qualities to an audience that might have missed it.

Remember reading things like and I thought they joking... but they were serious about. I imagine there is point when you are so cucked that you just lose your sanity.
>>
Affleck's remark, "I'm real when it's useful," at first sight adheres to the postmodern solipsistic and relativistic modes. This is confirmed by Terrio when questioned about his research for Justice League, which included "red- and blueshifts in physics". However, on further inspection, Affleck's comment simultaneously reinspects Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". This invariably leads to a more pragmatic worldview, as Pierce declares "Consider the practical effects of the objects of your conception. Then, your conception of those effects is the whole of your conception of the object."
Affleck further confirms the pragmatic totality when approaching Miller and Momoa:
>"So you're fast."
>"You can talk to fish."
Reality as it operates in Snyder films, isn't subservient to language, they work in tandem. This leads as back to Eastern philosophy, the Hinduist Guru Mantra becomes another mythopoetical jigsaw piece in the totality of Justice League. As Brody succintly observed, "Even at his most pedestrian or bombastic, Snyder makes a far more engaging film than Christopher Nolan (an executive producer of “Batman v Superman”) ever did—because Nolan presumes to know and to show, whereas Snyder wants to see. Even his slender philosophical world seems like he’s discovering it, not delivering it."
>>
File: Zod.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zod.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>83856198
>You are now reading this in the measured, patient, heroically restrained, but seething with rage voice of Zod.
>>
>>83856288
>cucked

What do you mean by this? Do you even know anymore?
>>
>>83856275
God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
>>
“Art is intrinsically meaningless,” says Ben Affleck. The primary theme of BvS' analysis of Sontagist camp is a mythopoetical totality. The characteristic theme of the works of Snyder is the common ground between society and language. But the premise of dialectic superheroism holds that the establishment is capable of social comment. The subject is interpolated into a social realism that includes narrativity as a whole.

“Society is unattainable,” says Kal-El. It could be said that Luthor uses the term ‘neomaterial desituationism’ to denote not sublimation, but presublimation. If social realism holds, the works of Snyder are an example
of purposeful superhero movies, also known as "capekino."

In a sense, Marveldrones promote the use of postdeconstructive objectivism to attack capekino. The subject is contextualised into a neomaterial desituationism that includes reality as a reality.

But dialectic superheroism suggests that culture serves to entrench outmoded, elitist perceptions of capeshit. Terrio uses the term ‘neomaterial desituationism’ to denote a self-supporting totality.
>>
>>83856198
So if they hit a breaking point in the intial facts brought out by exposition, there was no where really else for batman's charcater to go in the story if his character is about him at his breaking point.
>>
>>83856538

Batman being redeemed.
>>
>>83856538
>if his character is about him at his breaking point.

It's about him coming back. If something starts out broken you fix it. Where is Batman at the end of the film? How does he feel?
>>
>>83856587
>>83856652

I liked how Bruce's face is revealed over the course of the fight, symbolically representing the man behind the mask reasserting himself.
>>
>>83853105
>>83853105
>>83853105
Bump again you low IQ bvs pajeet
>>
>>83856587
>>83856652
So his character starts off broken and then runs on a flat straight course until one incident and he does a heel faced turn. That's not character development that contrivance.
>>
>>83856803

His character started broken and got more unhinged as the movie progressed with the him in the end wanting to redeem himself.
>>
>>83856352
I will say DCuck is a good word to describe the bitter DC movies fans who can't accept that "their" movie universe is aimless. Specially when you see those people crying about marvel movies being bland. But still, they are successful without too much effort, repeating the same formula and always with endings that barely resolve things.

I imagine them watching marlel's movies and thinking "why I can't have this?" and then they proceed to forcing themselves using abstract concepts and different interpretations and overinterpretation to excuse the lack of effectiveness of DC films.
>>
>>83856803

No, he starts off broken and becomes even more broken until his moment of epiphany, at which point he begins his journey back. He's not fixed by the end of the movie, he's just on the path.
>>
>>83850383
Marlet shill got activated by the mention of BvS
>>
>>83856871

What does "cuck" mean tho

Are you a man or are you a meme
>>
>>83856803
And that's not what happens. That's your oversimplification, because you're overly simple and desperately struggling to deny the simple truth of that revelation.

Bruce starts broken, gets worse, bottoms out, has his moment of truth, and fully comes to realize how far he'd fallen and recapture hope by seeing a man he thought his enemy be every inch the hero he'd once aspired to be.

There are some very real parallels between his story and Paul the Apostle.
>>
>>83855393

>Sir. I have a brilliant idea. Let's make a bunch of shitty flops that seem good in hindsight.

How experimental.
>>
>>83855393
jesus, these people are already out of reality
>>
>>83856947
>There are some very real parallels between his story and Paul the Apostle.

I almost spit my coffee with this one, good lord.
>>
File: Bruce - Vision.jpg (72KB, 1363x565px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce - Vision.jpg
72KB, 1363x565px
>>83857139
Well this should flat-out kill you, then.

Saul of Tarsus is the Christian church's biggest persecutor, the guy that flat-out wants Christians dead for no other reason than what he thinks of as completely righteous justifications. He has a vision, complete with messenger and cryptic message and accompanying blinding light. He is struck blind on the road to Damascus and that blindness is eventually healed and the "scales" fall away from his eyes. This same man, once Christians' most zealous persecutor, goes on to become their most zealous advocate and goes out into the world spreading the gospel of Christ.

Bruce Wayne is Superman's biggest persecutor, the guy that flat-out wants him dead for no other reason than what he thinks of as completely righteous justifications. He has a vision, complete with messenger and cryptic message and accompanying blinding light. He becomes more single-minded in his pursuit of his vendetta after experiencing it, a sort of metaphorical blindness that is eventually healed and the "scales" fall away from his eyes. This same man, once Superman's most zealous persecutor, goes on to become his most zealous advocate and goes out into the world spreading the gospel of heroism.
>>
>>83857682
this post alone explains sectarianism, religions and human's putrescence
>>
Batman does not kill in the dark knight returns.

http://www.cbr.com/movie-legends-revealed-did-batman-actually-kill-anyone-in-the-dark-knight-returns/
>>
File: 1463016840584.jpg (47KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1463016840584.jpg
47KB, 508x524px
>>83850351
It doesn't matter how "deep" it was.
>the acting was shit
>the direction was shit
>the writing was shit
>the cgi was shit
>it repeats nearly every problem of MoS
>Cavil and Adams have zero chemistry
>nothing heroic happens throughout the entire movie, despite it being a "superhero" movie. superman looks like he's passing a kidney stone every time he has to save someone
>the story was retarded
>the nightmare scene was retarded
>the entire point is supposed to be a 'clash of ideals' but both batman and superman (mostly superman) are so poorly developed that it just doesn't work at all
>>
>>83859636
Your post is retarded.
>>
>>83856871
This.

>>83857682
Yes but batmans time as saul completely ruins the character. Saul was a villain that saw the light. No one wants to see villain batman but autists. It feels dirty and wrong. It doesnt work which is why most of us dont like this film.
>>
>>83859951
Let me ask you this. Be honest.

Do you like "The Dark Knight Returns?"
>>
>>83859636
>the entire point is supposed to be a 'clash of ideals'
It's really not.
>>
>>83860093
Love it. And he doesnt kill in that if its what youre going to say. I already put up a link that explains.
>>
>>83860093
And i enjoy the film until batman just kills so brutally and when he doesnt have to. I want to like this movie but i cant get behind careless murderer bats dude.
>>
>>83859452
They will ignore this.
>>
>>83860238
Figured you'd ignore that.
>>
>>83860907
You are genuinely retarded
>>
File: Superman- Corto Maltese.jpg (274KB, 931x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Superman- Corto Maltese.jpg
274KB, 931x1094px
>>83860254
Yes, I saw the link and that's not where I'm headed with this. I'm going to be honest with you in return.

You seem like a genuinely nice guy who's a little angry about seeing one of his favorite heroes sort of dragged through the mud a bit, but that's exactly what Miller did with Superman in TDKR.

When TDKR first came out, there wasn't an entire stable of Batman cartoons and Batman films all stirring around in people's minds. There was the old Adam West show from the late 60s. Superman, on the other hand, had just had one great film, one good film, one OK film, and one dumpster fire of a film. He was all over the public consciousness in a huge way, arguably bigger than any superhero ever had been.

And then came TDKR and we got a Superman who was a pawn of a corrupt, morally bankrupt government, who maimed, who killed, and who justified it all as being the lesser of two evils. It wasn't easy for fans of the character to digest, this rendition of Superman who zombied his way back from the brink by sucking a rain forest dry while thanking Mother Earth for validating his existence and affirming that he really was too important to the world to die.

It seemed just a little bit like blasphemy.

But after we had time to digest the story and what the message was, it won us over. Gradually, bit by bit, the fans came to understand what the more astute critics and fans were saying about it, what an allegory was. For many of the old guys like me, it was our first experience with a story like that, where the characters are more than just themselves, where they represented mindsets within society.

That's what BvS is, only their roles are reversed and it's brought up to date. I hope that if you never love this film as I do, you at least come to see that and appreciate it for how it is faithful to the spirit of all that is very best in comics - stories where the hero doesn't just save the day, but tells us a little bit about ourselves and our world in the process.
>>
>>83861096

I respect what you're saying, and its true. But the difference im seeing is that its an elseworld tale whereas bvs is setting up our mainstream movie universe. I think that was an incredibly poor choice by snyder and DC because now we live with this bats as the bat, unlike TDKR and say red son.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>83861096
I will say thats the best argument ive heard in defense pf the film.
>>
>>83861305

Bruce won't remain a broken and murderous man. In JL is hopeful, optimistic and righteous.
>>
>>83850351
It could hardly be understood by anyone other than medieval monks who dedicated their lives to the study of a single work.
>>
File: Batman - Lone Crusader.jpg (87KB, 1363x573px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Lone Crusader.jpg
87KB, 1363x573px
>>83861305
That does make sense. All I can say in response is that this *is* an Elseworlds Universe for all intents and purposes. It's one where Bruce Wayne had to go it alone for twenty years.

For twenty years, he fought the good fight, saw his allies fall or come back at him corrupted. He fought that crusade alone and unaware of the myth that slumbered beneath his feet. He's this continuity's representative of the pulp heroes that inspired his character. Clark is, as always, the first superhero, the modern myth, and Diana represents the ancient magical world that had passed into legend.

Twenty years. It took twenty years to break his spirit. It took one night to reignite it. It's both sad and beautiful to me, and I've been a comics fan for longer than a lot of folks have been alive.

Look at pic related. Let the weight of those words really sink in.
>>
>>83861096
>>83861433

You honestly might have made me like this movie as a stand alone piece.

But honestly i dont care how Bruce improves at this point. To me all that senseless killing will always be over his head. I cant see him in that heroic light again... :/
>>
>>83861598
There are few things braver than admitting you were wrong and striving to do better.
>>
>>83850383
fpbp

pajeets go back to /co/
>>
>>83861581
Yeah. You did it. You made me like this film.
>>
>>83861581
Is he speaking to hope and light metaphorically?
>>
>>83861770
At the beginning you mean? His beautiful lie?

That's really open to individual interpretation, but I've been taking it to mean that the light he was lifted into *was* hope, that hope was a lie, and in specifics his hope that vengeance could ever bring him peace. It can't.

Justice, on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
>>
>>83861581

Ok. So as weve been talking ive been watching the film. I was at the martha part when you explained his redemption and hes realized the error of his ways.

But now hes going to save martha and he just blew away a truck full of guys....
>>
File: Superman - His Monument.webm (3MB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - His Monument.webm
3MB, 1916x796px
>>83861770
It's been good talking to you. I'm off to bed now.
>>
>>83861953
Watch how he pauses at the last thug in the warehouse fight, fixates on the knife in the guy's shoulder. I think it's at that moment where he completely realizes what he's been doing.
>>
>>83861953
I look it as his last ride in that respect. He promised that Martha wouldn't die and knew he had no time to fuck around.
>>
>>83850351
Yes but to be fair most people already insist that it wasn't as bad as critics made it out to be, 10 years down the line and people will start recognising it for the kino it is
>>
File: 1491647390907.jpg (70KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1491647390907.jpg
70KB, 500x563px
>211 posts
>57 posters

Its just shills shilling other shills, isn't it?
>>
>>83852532
This, superhero isn't a genre, or at least shouldn't be. A capeshit film should match the genre of the hero they're showcasing and not be a cookie cutter product.
Batman for example can work as:
>a detective / noir story
>a martial arts film
>Horror with Batman being the monster
>campy family adventure
>Epics
>>
>there are people in this thread that really do not understand why Batman kills for the first time in this movie
>>
>>83862720
yea pretty much
>>
>>83862954
It all depends on the character they're working with.

Yes, batman has a lot of room to work with, as his premise of crazy rich fuck who devotes his life to punching the disenfranchised because one of them mugged his parents is open just about infinite articulation without ever straying from being "batman."

superman is just about the opposite of this. You either drop a baby with godlike abilities on earth and have salt of the earth raise him, or else you don't have superman. The character is a direct line from whomever he ends up with for parents. MoS and BvS tried to pull some variation on this and ended up with two plotlines that never connect at any point, as you have pa kent raising a god-powered sociopath and the WB checklist dictating "superman" be in the movie. So you have "superman" being "superman" for no perceptible reason while clark walks around listening to his father ramble about how doing good is bad.
>>
>>83863410

>while clark walks around listening to his father ramble about how doing good is bad.

You're a retard if you think that's what Jonathan tried to impart or if you believe Superman is a sociopath in these movies. Just there no two ways about it.
>>
>>83863410
>while clark walks around listening to his father ramble about how doing good is bad.
I'll never understand how anyone can actually think this or believe this is the case.
>>
>>83863524
I guess you think pa kent was really just talking about horses and cake on everest.
>>
>>83863708
Are you okay anon?
>>
>>83863479
>yell at child for saving drowning kids
>demand child watch you die
>tell child story about the time you thought you were a hero but you ended up killing all the horses on the neigh-bor farm.

>this is encouraging clark to be anything other than a violent moody passive aggressive sociopath

I also went into this. Superman and clark are two dramatically different characters in the DCEU that never sync up at any point.
>>
>>83863803
Literally everything you said was wrong. How's it feel to be so fucking shallow that BvS and MoS are actually 2deep4u?
>>
>>83863883
Feel free to elaborate.
>>
File: christ10.jpg (59KB, 522x363px) Image search: [Google]
christ10.jpg
59KB, 522x363px
>>83850351
You can like the movie and it not be super deep, its a bad movie and its ok to like them. Pretending that it was super deep and smarter than the critics just makes you look like an idiot.

The people that defend these movies are like the people who like traps and refuse to admit that they are gay. If you like penises than that's ok, but pretending that just because it looks like a female doesn't make it gay is stupid.

Liking a bad movie is your preference, all taste is preference. Just don't pretend that the bad movie was too deep for critics to get because it wasn't.
>>
>>83864083
the penis is the least appealing aspect of the "trap." Its the idea of a submissive little cockslut that can never get pregnant and is always ready to go that's appealing. Also turning another male into a submissive little cockslut that can never get pregnant and is always ready to go.
>>
>>83863914
>You're a faggot who wishes he was a smart faggot
There I elaborated
>>
>>83864355
Feel free to elaborate.
>>
>>83864334
Whatever appeals to you, just admit that it is gay and we can all agree.
>>
>>83864378
>what I'm putting my dick in is completely feminine
>I'm not taking any dick

It seems your definition of "gay" is a little outdated.
>>
>>83864378
There is literally nothing gay about wanting to fuck traps
>>
>>83864414
Fucking a man that is dresses like a man is still fucking a man.

>>83864426
Like I said, these two types of people are both stubborn and you can't tell when they are joking.
>>
>>83864463
There's nothing gay about wanting to fuck men
>>
>>83864463
Or maybe it has something to do with the idea that modern femininity is entirely cosmetic, thus, trying to define sexuality biologically is pointless.

So go back to ancient grecian concepts. Taking genitalia is effeminate/gay, giving genitalia is masculine/straight.
>>
This has taken an interestong turn
>>
File: 1497147400868.jpg (212KB, 713x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497147400868.jpg
212KB, 713x527px
>>83864561
>>83864562
>>83864426
>>83864414
>>
File: 1497058553009.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497058553009.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>83850351
I'm seriously convinced that most of the love for this movie is Ironic and fake but a bunch of idiots come along and think that its real praise and that liking it makes you smarter and just follow the trolls.
>>
>>83864832
Remember, no matter how stupid you think something is, someone will agree wholeheartedly.
>>
What used to be a house is charred and destroyed, dirt and ash is everywhere. In the backyard there are two holes dug out. Standing in one that's partially filled is Batman. He's covered in dirt, filling the hole he's in with his hands. The air is filled with smoke, the sky is dark and cloudy.
He hears a sound, and looks up. It's Superman motionless in the air, his cape fluttering in the wind. He's bright, clean, his costume pristine like the rest of him, an ideal in the flesh.
They stare at eachother for a moment, and then Superman descends, slowly. He lands, his boots dipping into the dirt and ash, his cape becoming dirty as it touches the ground. He walks over to Batman in the hole, then looks at the other, deeper hole with dirt around it. Superman drops down to his knees, and moves the dirt into the second hole in one motion with his boundless strength. He gets up, now covered in dirt himself, and turns to Batman.
"I've heard a lot about you. I need your help."
Superman puts his hand out. Batman looks at Superman with his outstretched hand for a moment, and considers. He reaches up and grabs Superman's hand, and Superman pulls him out of the hole.

That's the sort of thing I would've wanted, what do you think?
>>
>>83865454
I don't see any way to fit any heyzeus christo symbolism into that
>>
>>83850351
I just got finished watching it for the first time.. That movie was one of the most painful exercises in film watching that I have ever watched.

Batman's call at the end to band together with wonder woman to form a team was extremely rushed and came out of nowhere. Even in the extended cut, there is no setup for that, at all. No lead up to the the team building at all. Might as well have just had Bruce Wayne say, "Well, Superman's dead, we need to form a league.. a justice league.."

But what really killed it were the terrible effects. The fucking explosions were fake and awful. I know we hate Avengers around these parts, but fuck the Marvel movies are just so much fucking better. They are dumb but they are just fun and enjoyable. Batman v Superman was painful.
>>
>>83850351
Yes, it is the best capekino this century.
>>
>>83864832
How many times a day do you spout this shit? Stick to dance off quips.
>>
>>83853008
Suicide Squad wasn't made by genius auteur Zack Snyder. My personal DCEU rankings are BvS=MoS>WW>>>>>>Suicide Squad
>>
>>83850351
So many movies are better than BvS such as Tom Cruise's The Mummy.

I am sorry but BvS is just not good. The only good parts are Affleck's Batman but the Martha revelation scene is so badly edited.
>>
>>83866670
Fuck off Suicide Squad the David Ayer cut is a masterpiece. A shame we will never see that version but still

Also anyway SS is a fun movie and I saw it twice in the cinema
>>
>>83866722
Enchantress=Katana>>>>>>>Harley Quinn
>>
>>83850351
The factk that it keeps getting better and better with each rewatching certainly points in that direction.
>>
>>83866747
that's called stockholm syndrome
>>
Question for the fans
does "natsumi" reference something in the DC comic universe?
iv googled it and found a bunch of japanese cultural results, but nothing that points to an obvious reason for its inclusion in the movie
>>
>>83866722
>Fuck off Suicide Squad the David Ayer cut is a masterpiece.

I doubt it. I just don't see how there could be a good movie in there, the dialogue, the acting, the visuals, the action and the overall story are all atrocious and I doubt that it's the result of some evil editor going out of his way to cut out everything that was good about it and only leaving the worst scenes.
>>
>>83866868
Nah, it's called actually digesting and understanding a complex work.
>>
>>83850351
It's simple really, anyone who has a cursory knowledge of theology will enjoy the film. That's not me saying you have to smart to enjoy this film, because you don't need to be smart to have read some theology.
>>
File: man of steel.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
man of steel.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>83850419
memes aside, man of steel is a really good movie. the thing i love about it is it's like a comic book come to life. every shot is gorgeous and the score brings it to another level.
>>
>>83868655
MoS flight scene epitomizes everything superman stands for and yet cucks say its devoid of hope
>>
File: Superman-vs-Zod.gif (2MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-vs-Zod.gif
2MB, 600x337px
>>83868710
>the 3rd person moment when he's punching zod through the air
it's like you can feel every hit.
>>
>>83866381
No shit it was rushed. He was just told Darkseid was coming to butt rape everyone on earth. He was kinda in a hurry.
>>
File: IMG_0471.jpg (292KB, 2048x851px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.jpg
292KB, 2048x851px
>>83868710
>"You're a monster, Zod, and I'm going to stop you."
>>
>>83862954
Swamp Thing and Cyborg are practically tailor-made for body horror.
>>
Do DCEU fans really think drawing as much possible attention to the worst possible word during that pivotal scene was anything less than idiotic?

That scene could have have had the most depth in all of fiction and still have shot itself in the foot by drawing the audience's attention to their mothers having the same name.

If they were unaware that the immediate assumption by most audiences was that their mom's having the same name was enough to stop the fight. They're idiots.

And why are these people so arrogant as to assume Marvel hypnotized the world against DC films? As if up until and after the Dark Knight trilogy marvel and DC films coexisted critically.

What kind of idiot thinks a smart argumentative point is "Everyone must have been to dumb to like what I like, I am part of that phenomenal minority that is more intelligent than everyone else"
>>
>>83871381
*hadn't coexisted
Apologies. English is not my mother tongue
>>
>>83864414
It's gay dude.
Moving on.
>>
Forgot to mention. Why does no one actually engage DC fans in discussion. That only feeds the sheltered concept that everyone but them is an idiot or doesn't take writing seriously.

Every time a DC fan even tries to speak up for the DCEU (Beyond Wonder Woman) They get "Martha" shoved down their throat.

I fucking hate the DCEU and its still kind of hard to watch
>>
>>83871460
The same reason someone says they like a marvel movie they get called a pajeet or shill.
This site is not for discussion anymore. It's children shitposting and triggering shitposts from other children.
>>
>>83868710
MoS was pure kino
>>
>>83871479
Is it that common? Having The Avengers as a favorite film is just as socially acceptable as Jurassic Park or Back to the Future.

Whenever someone claims to have enjoyed BvS, it sounds like a statement of some kind. Like saying "I liked the Jaws Sequels"
>>
>>83871574
Eh........I like Jaws 3-D. It's awful.
>>
>>83871597
I love Jaws 3D actually.
>>
It's simply not that good a movie. It's not awful like the 27% RT score would lead retards that don't understand RT to believe, but it's not anything above "average".

Compare this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE
to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJma8pVAvH4
or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KczZpJRveik

Compare the acting, the cinematography, the use of music to accentuate what's happening onscreen, the pacing, the writing, etc. It's a clear step (or steps) down in every way from the Nolan films.
>>
>>83853957
Go check out the definition of the phrase "in cold blood" and get back to us. It's the phrase your cherry picking ass always omits in your replies, so I'll repeat it:

In cold blood.

Until you can actually draw a distinction between murder and justifiable homicide, take all your numale sensibilities and shove them directly up your flaccid, hairless asshole.
>>
File: bruce 3d.jpg (1MB, 2361x1601px) Image search: [Google]
bruce 3d.jpg
1MB, 2361x1601px
>>83871631
It has scariest Bruce, desu.
>>
>>83871479
ummm sweetie marvelpajeet shills do exist 70% of the post in this thread is pajeet shilling even though they got BTFO by the intellectuals of this community.
>>
>>83871381
>"Everyone must have been to dumb to like what I like, I am part of that phenomenal minority that is more intelligent than everyone else"

A desperate DC fan.
>>
>>83853994
It's not borderline. It's full-on mental illness.

Bruce's.
>>
>>83865493
>Lazarus, come forth.
Then you're a pleb.
>>
>>83850351
Yes. Then again, there are kiddie pools too deep for modern audiences to understand.
>>
>>83871381
because dark knight trilogy was a stand alone package
suddenly DC wants a piece of the multiverse shit pie with a rushed job? no fucking chance in hell people who liked the whole build up to the first Avengers movie was going to like BvS
>>
This is utterly fascinating.

http://batman-news.com/2017/02/08/zack-snyder-batman-v-superman-video-special-effects/

Watching it even hints at the nature of Doomsday's "electrosplosions" - it's his supercharged Kryptonian aura expanding outward.
>>
File: thumbs_up.jpg (21KB, 462x406px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up.jpg
21KB, 462x406px
>>83850383

Capeshitters BTFO
>>
>>83871729
That's just your own bias talking there. TDK is a great film, without doubt, but Harvey Dent nearly killed it. Practically everything about him was handled poorly. I don't even like the actor. He's the bargain basement Thomas Jane to me.
>>
>>83871729
Jesus Christ, out of context, those TDK scenes are a total cringefest. These movies were hokey as fuck, but somehow it takes a few viewings to really pick up on it.

As much as people applaud them for making Batman seem "real", the films are totally ashamed to have a hero dressed as a bat. I also hate that since this version of Harvey Dent, EVERY fucking design of him in the comics is "le edgy exposed muscle and skull face".
>>
>>83850351
Yes
>>
>>83855943
Because you're bitching about something, numbnuts. Never been in an argument before?
>>
>>83871729
For all the praise it gets, tackling Dent is not the Batman play there. Catching the coin is, and coldcocking Dent during his subsequent freak-out.
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.