[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone actually like this trash movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 26

File: 1755002_300.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1755002_300.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Did anyone actually like this trash movie?
>>
>>83844219
Americans, apparently
>>
It was better than any DC movie released last year.
>>
My friends and I walked out on it. It was so bad.

We're Americans by the way. Was every single critic paid off? I read some of their reviews and it definitely seems like none of them even remotely approach the movie critically
>>
Judging by the scores, lots of people. Sorry your peasized /pol/ brain couldn't comprehend it, sweetie.
>>
>>83844345

This plot was just none stop trash. There were holes at every single turn. Like all the other DC movies. Why are they so bad?
>>
/co/ liberals and numales
>>
>>83844219
yeah. i fucking loved watching this movie. me and my friends rented out the local theater and had our girlfriends fuck us with big floppy strap on and wearing wonder woman costums while the movie played. good times.
>>
File: ourgal.webm (890KB, 1088x720px) Image search: [Google]
ourgal.webm
890KB, 1088x720px
Yes
>>
>>83844219
>audience scores 4.5/5
Everyone except disney shills and autismal contrarians
>>
>>83844219
I already hate capeshit as it is and this looks like CGI: The Movie. How the fuck are people so retarded to like stuff SOLELY because it's being fed to them through media or other marketing approaches? Do they lack self awareness?
>>
the first act was 7-8/10

got progressively worse as it went on
>>
>>83844219
how do you say her last name?

i say it as ga-doe like the french

is it ga-DOT?
>>
>>83845694
Yeah I started dozing off after they left London
>>
A lot of people liked it, it was better than Guardians 2 and on par with Logan
>>
>>83845706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V4XyghZQ-4
>>
>>83845694
The first act was a CGI speed ramping embarrassment. Just remember that cringy shot of little Diana jumping from a balcony and getting catch mid-air by her mom... and all the effects at Themyscira suck ass.

Best part was probably the No Man's Zone/village battle. Still full of outdated effects, though.
>>
>>83844219
I thought it was alright. Nothing amazing, but it's also not incompetently terrible like BvS and Suicide Squad. Hopefully this means DC is on the right track now.
>>
It was fun, better than most of the MCU and the rest of the DCEU
>>
>>83844219
it was one of the better capeshits. definitely the best DC one so far, and better than all the marvel shit with the exception of winter soldier and guardians 1 (minus the ridiculous dance off)
>>
I hope not
If they did it truly is time for /film/ to be made
>>
I just saw it yesterday. It was visually interesting. I only wanted it to hurry up and end during a few scenes. But man, was it stupid. If you stop to think about ANY of the plot elements you realize that none of it followed human logic.

Some people are praising it for that, but I'm neutral on it. Being unapologetically retarded is not really praise-worthy. It definitely wasn't trying to be smart is the important thing about that. If it was trying to be clever and it came out this stupid I'd look down on it, but Wonder Woman did not care if every plot point was based on the viewer not thinking about it.
>>
>>83844219
Did I like the movie where literally nothing happens? No, I did not.
>>
>>83845754
Here's your (you) are wrong.
>>
File: haha.jpg (108KB, 749x1406px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
108KB, 749x1406px
For sjw brownie points yeah
>>
>>83844219
it wasn't good, bit it was at least finally as good as a marvel flick
>>
File: Qead.jpg (256KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Qead.jpg
256KB, 1920x800px
>>83846205
to be fair, I wouldn't want Superman to """"save""""" me either.
>>
>>83844219
Did anyone actually trash this like movie?
>>
>>83846205
>Gal Godat
>Gal Godat
>Gal Godat
Jesus, she was passable in the movie. But nothing that amazing. She couldn't even emote properly in some scenes.
>>
>>83846289
Apparently that's not the opinion of the majority.
>>
>>83844219
i liked it. but im not denying its flaws. IMO the critics are not objective as the high rating the movie gets is unjustified despite me really enjoying the movie.
>>
It's pretty good for normie standards and it's about woman power or what ever so it has good PR bullshit.

I enjoyed it but it had a lot of flaws.

The main villain was stupid, I liked the idea behind him but the way he was executed and revealed was stupid.

I'm also starting to hate movies with ending fight scenes involving "magic" and the main character ass pulling some ultimate attack that somehow kills the villain and the character powers being ambiguous.
>>
>>83846453
Well, I'm not the majority. I'm just some guy with his own opinion.
>>
The best capeflick of 2017 you mean? Yeah, people liked it
>>
>>83846650
Only because of everything around the movie, but not because it itself is a good movie.
>>
File: wonder_woman.png (139KB, 741x196px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman.png
139KB, 741x196px
>>83846709
What are you talking about son?
>>
>>83844414
Name them, please describe and explain these gaping holes which perturb you so much.
>>
>>83846650
>The best capeflick of 2017 you mean?
How exactly it's best? GoTG have more actors who can act, better CGI and fun moments instead of SJW-propaganda.
>>
>>83844414
What holes? Care to explain?
>>
>>83844219
>OP is a bitch
Here's your (you)
>>
>>83846816
Only because of everything around the movie, but not because it itself is a good movie.
>>
>>83846950
This movie was made for bitches
>>
>>83845675
This
>>
>>83846518
It's got around 7.6 both in rottentomatoes and metacritic. While that might be a bit high, I think it's pretty fair. Some people are treating it like it's got a 9/10 from critics because they don't understand how rottentomatoes work.
>>
>>83844219
This is the beginning of the end. DC has said goodbye to its integrity. Wonder Woman, what with its endless quips, rampant CGI, and shallow characters, is by far the most reminiscent of MCU's capeshit of all the DC movies yet. This trend can only get worse from here.
>>
>>83847151
When will 90s necktards understand that grim dark pretentiousness doesn't work for movies based on books for children
>>
>>83847275
>for childrens means bland
>>
>>83844219
I didn't make it off the island before shitcanning it, because it's trash. Faggot manchildren.
>>
>>83846837
>Please explain the plot holes
Not that anon, but holy shit man. If you didn't see them then please don't breed. A lot of the holes were big enough you could lose a house in them.
>>
>>83844219
it wasnt as godlike kino as MoS and BvS but it was a good movie 7.5/10
>>
File: seriously.jpg (133KB, 1280x710px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
133KB, 1280x710px
>>83847275
>grim dark pretentiousness doesn't work for movies based on books for children
filename+?
>>
>>83847311
For children means bright fun and positive. People who like real intellectual films don't watch capeshit.

Marvel got it right with ironman and have been making a succesfull product ever since. DC is just barely realizing why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch
>>
>>83847425
imagine if Zack "Kubrick" Snyder directed it. Avatar would be the #2 highest grossing movie of all time
>>
File: Screenshot_20170609-101338.png (859KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170609-101338.png
859KB, 720x1280px
>>83845754

You are right, but since this is the worst board of them all, full of Disney and pol socially awkward autists, don't expect anything
>>
>>83847349
Not only a liar but also a dodger
>>
>>83847503
>movies for smart people should only be about starving niggers in africa
>>
>>83847503
>For children means bright fun and positive.
Excpet that SS and WW wasn't fun, bright and positive.
>People who like real intellectual films don't watch capeshit.
So what? Does it mean that you shouldn't try to do something better than "average product for genrename"?
>>
>>83847532
Alright, anon. Here's one:
Our German Big Bad wants to make the war last forever, so he goes to his fellows in the German High Command and asks them what they plan to do.
"We have no food, troops, ammo, or money", they say, "So we're going to surrender."
"No!" Big Bad declares, "You will die instead!"
Big bad then kills the high command. Now the Germans lack food, troops, ammo, money, AND a chain of command.

Yet the whole movie revolves around the idea that the Germans are going to maintain the war forever.

I mean just what in the tap-dancing fuck.
>>
>>83847576
Except they were.

You can do a lot with bright fun and positive, it's called creativity.
>>
Unironically my favorite superhero movie ever
>>
Pretty sure the only reason this movie received higher scores than one would expect is the same reason Ghostbusters did. It's a way for people to score good boy points with feminists.

Strip the fact that it's a female led superhero movie and it's the same retarded, safe mediocrity one expects of every capeshit movie nowadays.
>>
>>83847670
A love how they do the cliche, assemble a team, only for all the supporting characters to not actually do anything in the entire movie.
>>
>>83847834
Nah, they totally did stuff. The Native American explained how his British friend stole his land. The brown guy explained that brown people can't be actors. The Irish guy was drunk and couldn't shoot so instead he sang drinking songs - the Irish have no social grievances, you see.
>>
>>83847834
they were her guides you fucking idiot. Wonder Woman needs no man!
>>
>>83844219
I enjoyed it, 6,9/10. Some of the shittiest CGI in a while though, wow.
>>
>>83847670
The obvious implication is that he will take over as commander of the German military
>>
>>83847776
It's got nothing in common with Fembusters, famalam.
>>
>>83844219
Yep. Bretty good movie.
>>
>>83847908
Wonder Woman didn't need guides. You remember the ten Germans guarding the other side of that trench? They only had two machine guns. If she wanted to she could have kept moving and taken the whole Western front.

Also! Ares was already defeating himself by negotiating the armistice that would end the war. So Wonder Woman didn't need to be anywhere or do anything. No guides necessary.
>>
>>83847692
>Except they were.
Except they aren't
>WW and SS
>creativity
pick one
>>
>>83846850
It had a baby groot and no plot, WW is better
>>
>>83846850
>SJW-propaganda
Still grasping to that straw huh marvel shills?
>>
>>83847968
Not as a movie, no. What I said was it's a good vehicle for people to score brownie points with their virtue signaling instead of actually looking at the merits of the film. It's a watchable film with some minor cool elements thrown in, but it's nowhere near even a 60 let alone the 76 or whatever the fuck I last saw it at on metacritic.
>>
>>83848008
>It had a baby groo
Who have more emotions than Gadot
>and no plot
So just like "world needs strong independant womynz"-movie
>>
>>83847983
>Ares was already defeating himself by negotiating the armistice that would end the war.

While preparing to gas all of London, you colossal dipshit.
>>
>>83847952
Really? Is that how that works? Your starving officers on the front hear that the entire German chain of command conveniently died, except for this one guy, and his orders are to keep fighting even though he isn't sending you any relief of any sort, and you obey this order?

What about the Kaiser and everyone else for that matter? How does killing the German high command not throw the entire German military machine into absolute chaos. You can't just instantly assume control after a coup like that, especially not when it's blatantly obvious what you did.

I mean MAYBE the Germans would keep fighting if they heard that all of London died in a gas attack, but it's not like the Americans hadn't joined the western front by then and then of course there were the enemies on the OTHER front.

And if you want, I can give you another plot hole the size of a volcano. Wanna hear it?
>>
>>83847883
Every character in the movie was completely useless in terms of story except Wonder Woman, Kirk and lupin.

The poison lady's character amounted to nothing and was just a plot device for Wonder Woman to take the high ground.

The general guy was a red herring, which is cliche and stupid.

Every Amazon lady in that world is never seen again so they aren't a set up or pay off for any thing. So the whole over pretective parent thing was pointless.

What did that fat Brit secretary lady even do?
>>
>>83848047
>>83847968
And by the way, this is exactly why it's at 76 and Ghostqueefers are at 60, when they both should be at least 20 points lower, if we're being generous.
>>
>>83848044
Nice denial
>marvel shills
Wrong, DC shill.
>>
>>83848065
Ares wasn't going to gas all of London. An insane, rouge German general was going to gas all of London after he successfully executed the rest of the German high command and had developed no further plans of relief outside "gas London".

Ares was negotiating peace. Heck, there's a chance that plane wasn't even going to make it to London at all. We barely needed Wonder Woman in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>83848194
>Ares wasn't going to gas all of London.
He was purposefully giving germans inventions that would help them do it.

>Ares was negotiating peace.
With the explicit knowledge that the peace agreement would be immediately violated. The only reason he was "negotiating peace" is to make the world war impossible to settle.
>>
>>83847670
>Yet the whole movie revolves around the idea that the Germans are going to maintain the war forever.
Not only the Germans. Remember Ares was actually posing as a British man? He was pulling strings on both sides to keep the war going.
>>
>>83847503
>For children means bright fun and positive.
I bet you just turned 18.
>>
>>83848292
Why didn't ares just kill the humans himself, at the end of the movie he was shown clearly manipulating stuff around him and throwing shit. He could have just made the gas himself and flown around the world and kill everyone over night.
>>
>>83844219
I liked it, and I think it's more about Snyder not directing it, than feminism or other stuff.
>yfw all other DC movies failed because Snyder.
>>
>>83848292
He didn't know the peace agreement would be violated. He assumed it would be, but only because - and I can't stress this enough - an insane rogue general had executed the German high command. None of the other Germans believed the armistice was going to be violated.

I'd like to point out that the general who performed the coup then held a public fucking gala to celebrate what he'd done, and a bunch of military officials attended.

That's why this shit is a plot hole, dumbass. Yeah, I know the movie went on pretending that all of this was hunky-dory and makes perfect sense, but I'm pretty sure the Germans had lost the war at the stage of "no troops, food, morale, or ammo", and no amount of poison gas was going to fix that.
>>
>>83844219
apologize
now
>>
>>83844219
Feminists and redditors.
>>
>>83848403
I bet you read dark edgy comics about grown men in spandex having a hard time figuring out "who they are"

I bet you just turned 30
>>
>>83848438
>He didn't know the peace agreement would be violated. He assumed it would be
He assumed it would be because that was his fucking goal, you contrarian or retarded person, whichever one you are. You don't get to argue that he didn't actually want humans to nuke each other when that's what he said AND did. Nothing supports your asshat argument except "he didn't 100% super duper know". Not reading the rest of your post, stop breathing.
>>
>>83844274
Almost walked out on it myself but every person I went with loved it. It seems genuine too which is confusing.
>>
>>83848410
Because it's a capeshit movie so we have to have the big battle at the end. It would've been so much cooler with Ares simply being the image in the mirror and not an actual physical threat, it's unbelievable. They had everything set up thematically.
>>
>>83848096
Not that anon nor have I seen the movie because I thought it looked like shit, but I wanna hear more!
>>
>>83848495
If you're not even reading the perfectly reasonable reasons why Ares plan was self-defeating then why are you trying to participate in the argument or asking people to explain the plot holes to you?

I didn't even dislike the movie. I just thought it was REALLY REALLY STUPID.
>>
>>83847349
But not big enough for you to point them out
>>
>>83848495
They didn't have nukes in World War I

I don't think you really know what your talking about and are really confused person. That's probably why this movie made sense to you
>>
>>83845694
I feel the opposite. First act was boring shit and it picked up as soon as Pine came in.
>>
>>83848053
>0.02 DisneyWorld Dollars have been deposited in your account
>>
>>83844219
Lot of reactions for such low tier shit.
>>
>>83848579
>SHILL-SHILL!
Not an argument
>>
>>83848098
Be fat and british.
>>
File: 1496548013249.jpg (49KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
1496548013249.jpg
49KB, 699x637px
>>83845754
>>
>>83848625
>critics like WW
>audiences like WW
>it's making mad bank
>"b-but it's because of SJWs I swear!"
Nah you're a disney shill for real. And it still was better than GotG2
>>
>>83848544
Exactly, they set up so that after Wonder Woman just killed the general guy, she could have seen ares in her and she would have understood. The last villain could have been Wonder Woman quickly having to save everyone including the Germans in the base from the poison lady's gas.
>>
>>83848546
Did you miss the bit where he gave 'Doctor Poison' the formula for super-poison gas?
>>
>>83848194
>Ares was negotiating peace.
He wasn't really. He was making sure the terms of the armistice were so unfair to the Germans that it would lead to WWII.
>>
>>83848545
Okay, sure! So at the end of the movie, they present this hilarious situation where they've loaded a large biplane with poison gas bombs. At first they think to ground the plane, but another character says, "we can't ground the plane because the bombs on board are set to explode on a timer!"

This prompts the male supporting role to then fly the plane into the sky, where he blows the plane up, saving the day.

Except there's a HUGE problem with this logic.
1. Fucking WHY are the bombs on a timer. The plane is Germany and the flight path is to London. Is the timer set to go off when the plane is over London? What if there are unfavorable headwinds? What if there's mechanical issues that cause delays? The poison bomb goes off in the air and pointlessly kills nobody but the pilot in that case. What if the plane gets there too early? Will the bomb still work if they drop before the timer runs down? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE TIMER?

And that aside, if there's enough time to get from Germany to London, there's enough time to fly directly north to the ocean or literally most places in Europe, where you could safely ditch the plane and its payload. Why perform an intentional suicide? Why not land the plane in France and use the spare hour on the timer to seal the plane in a building to contain the gas? There are so many other options when the timer is counting down the amount of time it takes to fly a fucking biplane from Germany to London.

This shit is retarded.
>>
>>83848546
>If you're not even reading the perfectly reasonable reasons why Ares plan was self-defeating
It's not a self-defeating plan if there isn't an amazon princess to jump in and save London from being torched.

I mean, I guess it's a moronic plan if you take a broader look in that there's no way the entire human race would kill each other. Even if everybody who participated in WW1 died to two degrees of separation, some significant population of Earth would still be alive. It would take cracking the planet to wipe us off the face of it. It's movie logic.

>>83848572
Figure of speech. The magic weapon Ares gave them the formula to is the "nuke".
>>
File: 1495845867688.png (233KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1495845867688.png
233KB, 500x326px
>>83844219
Get a load of this bitter, lonely friendless permavirgin. I'm 100% certain that you're a total doormat irl, despite being a kewl contrarian online. Why not end it all eh lad?
>>
>>83848704
>He was making sure the terms of the armistice were so unfair to the Germans that it would lead to WWII.
I don't recall them actually saying he did that. It seemed like his plan hinged on the Germans breaking the agreement on account of butt-fucking brain worms whispering evil villain ideas into the head of a single military official.
>>
>>83844265
>autism ; the post
>>
>>83844219
>>83844241
>>83844274
>>83844414
>>83847670
>>83848096
>>83848098

Marvel cucks, and a particularly angry marvel cuck that doesn't understand what a plot hole is.
>>
>>83848096
>You can't just instantly assume control after a coup like that, especially not when it's blatantly obvious what you did.
Of course you can. What is every South American coup ever? No would fuck with him after he killed the entire German high command by himself. And he was an insane lunatic huffing gas so obviously his plan was insane.
>>
Why are the disney shills raiding the board again?

>Once again #WonderWoman is above estimates in final #s. 2nd wknd drops only 43% to sensational $58.6M. Dom total is $206.5M going to $350M+.
Oh I see
>>
>>83848681
>>it's making mad bank
>mad
>openning was lower than Deadpool who was R-rated and banned in China.
>>"b-but it's because of SJWs I swear!"
Yep, because SJW propaganda are the main purpose of the movie.
>And it still was better than GotG2
Because..?
>>
>>83848819
Okay. When did a South American country ever go through a coup while they were losing a war, and then they found the wherewithal to continue the war regardless of the massive change-up in command structure throwing everything out of whack.

Get real, anon. Wonder Woman's plot is bananas.
>>
This is one topic that just really causes me to become kind of manic.

It really is a bad movie. In so many ways, and its insane to think so many people are saying they like it. Its full of shitty effects and cringey scenes. Its dumb and so corny, and not corny or cheeay in some fun way, just straight up shit. Catwoman levels of shit.

If this came out a few years ago it wouldve been bashed for the trash it is but most everyone who likes it only likes it as a way to feel like theyre opposing Trump and the "patriarchy". The few who do genuinely like it, just like it cause it looked nice to them and wven that is confusing.
>>
>>83848776
I remember he had a line about the terms of the armistice being made so that they could never be adhered to during his talk with Diana at the end but I might be wrong.
>>
>>83848096

So Hindenburg and Ludendorff got killed in this film? Or are they replaced by generic 'German General A and B'?
>>
>>83848872
>opening was lower than Deadpool

And?

>was R rated

R rated films do great at the box office, you literally have absolutely no point.
>>
>>83848753
Seems like youre projecting
>>
>>83848470
No, I don't. And my point is that bright and positive is not necessarily for children, nor the other way around.
You just sound like a faggot who desperately needs to show how grown up he is.
>>
>>83848869
>everyone who disagree with me are disney shills
>t.redditor
>>
>>83848872
>Because..?
Better humour, coherent plot, better characters, not a toy commercial

>openning was lower than Deadpool
Higher than Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange with less budget
>>
>>83848410
Because his plan wasn't to kill men himself, but to prove to Diana how shitty men were, so she would join him in a new world populated only by gods, as it was before Zeus gave Earth to men. He says it himself.
>>
>>83848928
>And?
So how exactly it's a MAD BANK if 50 mil movie made it better?
>R rated films do great at the box office,
Not so great as T-rated
>>
>>83848926
Ludendorf WAS the villain of Wonder Woman, but historically his attempted coup took place two years after WWI had already ended. Ludendorf didn't kill off the entire German chain of military command during the war.
>>
>>83848999
>how is it mad bank if ONE movie made more on less budget
Disney shills are this stupid
>>
>>83848928
>R rated films do great at the box office, you literally have absolutely no point.
Do tripfags have to be retarded by necessity? On average, R rated films make fucking nothing compared to PG-13. There's Logan, Deadpool and they're not even in the top 20 most grossing movies, which are all PG-13.
>>
>>83848963
>Better humour,
Oh yeah, jokes about how mens are weak and stupid, truly patrician humor.
>, coherent plot,
You mean germany cruiser who dissapeared?
>better characters
Where?
>>
>>83847275

When will shitposters realize comic book aren't for children?
>>
>>83849031
>if ONE movie
Only one? We always can remember Dark Knight, Iron man 3, Avengers etc.
>>
>>83848470
> bet you read dark edgy comics about grown men in spandex having a hard time figuring out "who they are"

Of course I do, because that's fun.

And apparently, everyone else agrees.

>In 2005, Time chose the collected edition (The Dark Knight Returns) as one of the 10 best English language graphic novels ever written

Why are you such an empty, dumb, manchild who refuses to grow up and mature?
>>
>>83844265
fake krager pls go
>>
>>83848546
As I explained here >>83848994
Ares plan was to show Diana how shitty men were, and convince her to come out and join him. He only planned to eradicate men once he had Diana on his side, so they could start a new era of Gods without men.

And he's clearly playing both sides. Remember how all British commanders refused to support Steve's plan because it was damaging to the armistice they were negotiating and it would probably 'cause some retaliaton from the Germans and prolongue war more than necessary?
Who shows up and gives them the money to go there anwyay?
>>
>>83848723
Holy fuck I'm glad I didn't see this movie.
>>
>>83849036
Are you an inbred retard by necessity?

The Matrix series thrived on being R rated.
>>
>>83849018

Why is this sort of historical fabrication allowed? It's like having Hirohito personally flying a plane and dropping bombs on pearl harbour or something.
>>
>>83849047
>Oh yeah, jokes about how mens are weak and stupid, truly patrician humor.
Literally none in this movie, you're making it up, and they would still be better than the poopie jokes and that pacman shit in GotG2
>You mean germany cruiser who dissapeared?
Yes, I wasn't counting shill nitpickings
>>better characters
Everywhere but specifically in Wonder Woman (2017)
>>
>>83849031
You don't understand, in this board, if it's not number 1, it's a bomb. Unless it's The Mummy 'cause that's a hit! FUCK WOMEN!
>>
>>83848723
>And that aside, if there's enough time to get from Germany to London, there's enough time to fly directly north to the ocean or literally most places in Europe, where you could safely ditch the plane and its payload. Why perform an intentional suicide?
Fuck, you just reduced the score of the movie by another 1 point in my head.
>>
>>83849169
>Literally none in this movie,
>the job for womyn in my land are called a slavery

>, and they would still be better than the poopie jokes and that pacman shit in GotG2
Pacman >>>> SJW
>Wonder Woman (2017)
>good character
pick one
>>
>>83844219
https://youtu.be/b3R6nLeay3c
nah not really
>>
>>83849270
>gets triggered by female bantz

Truly a beta permavirgin.
>>
>>83849270
>the job for womyn in my land are called a slavery
You missed the part where right after that, Etta says she's actually payed well and likes the job? Or did you just watch the trailer?
>>
>>83849140
>http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/worldwide/all-movies/cumulative/all-time
I'll quote all of them because you're just such a fucking cretinous cunt. Learn what "on average" means you tripfagging imbecile.

>1 2009 Avatar
>2 1997 Titanic
>3 2015 Star Wars Ep. VII: The Force Awakens
>4 2015 Jurassic World
>5 2012 The Avengers
>6 2015 Furious 7
>7 2015 Avengers: Age of Ultron
>8 2011 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
>9 2013 Frozen
>10 2017 Beauty and the Beast
>11 2017 The Fate of the Furious
>12 2013 Iron Man 3
>13 2015 Minions
>14 2016 Captain America: Civil War
>15 2003 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
>16 2011 Transformers: Dark of the Moon
>17 2012 Skyfall
>18 2014 Transformers: Age of Extinction
>19 2012 The Dark Knight Rises
>20 2010 Toy Story 3
>>
>>83849111
You're generously assuming that Ares is competent off screen, because in reality Ares is financing a secret, off-the-record mission to stop Ludendorf from violating the armistice. Additionally, the whole movie takes place while they're still negotiating and haven't come to an agreement yet.

If Diana stops the gas, then Ares has defeated himself. Even if you assume he's "playing both sides", he'd have to be omniscient or at least really dumb to think his plan will work the way he says it does.
>>
>>83848723
It's almost as if the plane weren't just a short hop across the English Channel in Belgium and the Germans didn't intend it to be crewed by men who knew how to disarm or reset the timer and it were instead being piloted by a man desperate to stop it from killing a ton of people with virtually no time to devise a better plan.
>>
>>83849325
Wow, good for you, you can list the top grossing films of all time, isn't it great that has nothing to do with what I said though?

Lemme guess, you always scored below the 50th percentile for your state tests in reading comprehension, didn't you?
>>
File: Back-to-Tumblr.png (317KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
Back-to-Tumblr.png
317KB, 546x700px
>>83849321
>triggered
pic strongly related.
>>83849323
>Etta says she's actually payed well and likes the job
So what?
>>
>>83849384
>So what?
So the movie isn't SJW and you just got BTFO.
>>
>>83849332
I don't know what your aim is in trying to apply contextual reasoning to a movie villain. It's a movie villain in a movie that is shoddily written on every aspect you could ask for, why the fuck would you expect his plan of literally every human to eradicate each other to succeed? Why the fuck would you assume that's not his goal simply because that's stupid outside the logic of the movie?
>>
>>83849412
Because..?
>>
>>83844219
>Did anyone actually like this trash movie?
Most people did, yes. Considering that Logan and this are the only decent blockbusters released in 2017, it's not that weird
>>
>>83849332
He's not just banking on them to keep the war going, he's also pumping up Ludendorf and Maru and who knows what other shit he's doing. That's playing both sides. He doesn't want a clear victory from one side because that would amount to peace. He wants to have as much shady shit going on as he can, and Steve was another one of the pieces on his game.

And like I said, besides that, his ultimate goal is to show Diana how shit men are, so sending her to the front to see the worst stuff was also part of his plan. The point of the movie is that he didn't count on her also seeing men doing their best and this is that ultimately inspires her to go against Ares.

The CGI fight was crap though.
>>
>>83849370
>No time to devise a better plan
It takes about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, to fly from Brussels to London. You think it would take longer than that to come up with a plan like ditching the plane in the ocean?

And again, explain to me what happens if the plane gets caught in unfavorable headwinds. The bomb blows up, killing the pilots, doesn't it? There's no reason to put a timer on bombs you plan to fly over an enemy city in a bomber plane during a war. This wasn't a suicide mission, the pilots thought they were dropping a payload and then returning home.
>>
>>83849476
Because you said the movie was SJW because of that one joke and even then it's explained that Diana is wrong. You also got BTFO when GotG2 was worse than WW but that's another story
>>
>>83849375
What you said was
>R rated films do great at the box office, you literally have absolutely no point.
So I'll be glad to hear some statistics or something to bear that out, instead of appeals to relatively (to PG-13 and PG movies) middling box office references.
>>
>>83849448
>why the fuck would you expect his plan of literally every human to eradicate each other to succeed
That's not his plan. His plan is for men to show their shitty nature so Diana would join him to eradicate men themselves. I guess expository dialogue is too subtle for some of you.
>>
>>83849499
>his ultimate goal is to show Diana how shit men are
Okay, no, because as a British diplomat he'd have been negotiating peace well before Diana showed up. Again, he's hoping that a crazy German general will kill the rest of the German high command and then successfully launch a gas attack on London using a plane that's rigged to explode if it has any delays.

This only works if Ares is omniscient and can see the future. Otherwise he's pretty blatantly negotiating an armistice for a war that's going to logically be over in 1918.
>>
>>83849384
Nice emem, kiddo.

Try getting beat up less about jokes.

My guess is you've maybe had 1 girl friend, who you "dated" for a week or two in high school, did nothing with, and have ever since been a perma virgin because you're such a complete fucking loser incapable of recognizing context or even the most obvious of cues by women.

And so because of your total failure in dating in general you blame women and find even the smallest reason to attack what you think is "SJW" even if it actually isn't, all because it antagonizes your inner insecurity about being unable to interact with them in the slightest.

Did I hit the nail on the head?
>>
>>83849375
And correct me if I'm wrong, mister why-isn't-he-banned yet, but in what planet does "yeah but R-movies are doing JUST GREAT" warrant being called a coherent sentence when 2 movies out of the 100 in that list are R rated, if it isn't the planet of abortion survivors?
>>
>>83849571
He doesn't even know Diana is a thing until the war is about to end.
>>
>>83849594
He knows Diana's out there, he doesn't know when or where she's gonna show up. It's not like WWI was the first war ever, he's been doing this shit for a long time by then. It's only when shit gets too bad that Diana will go out and find him, because that's the prophecy.

>Otherwise he's pretty blatantly negotiating an armistice for a war that's going to logically be over in 1918.
He's negotiating the armistice while pulling shady shit on the back with Ludendorf and Steve and his gang.
>>
It's literally meh, which is 10/10 by capeshit standards.
>>
Akshually the implication of Ares negotiating the Armistice is brilliant. After that piece of shit was signed it was open way for the Treaty of Versailles which was a World War waiting to happen.

If Lunderdoff destroys London then it's full on war for 5-10 years more, and if he doesn't, WW2 is just around the corner thanks to that shit anyways
>>
>>83849384
>So what?
So the movie itself, through a woman, explains that it's not real slavery but a job, so faggots like you wouldn't get triggered. I guess they underestimated your level of faggotry.
>>
>>83849673
>He's negotiating the armistice while pulling shady shit on the back with Ludendorf and Steve and his gang.
He's pulling shady shit with Ludendorff and then he bankrolls Wonder Woman to stop Lundendorfs. He fucking defeats himself. Not that they even needed the bankrolling, mind you, because Wonderwoman didn't need the supporting roles except to tell her where Ludendorff was.
>>
>>83849515
Does ditching a giant bi-plane in the Atlantic, basically the North Atlantic, sound substantially less suicidal to you? In the year of our Lord 1916?
>>
>>83849664
Yes he does. He knows Zeus created her to kill him. He actually knew who Diana was better than herself.
>>
>>83849710
Dude, he's just manipulating everybody to keep the conflict going. It was explained that Steve going there would put peace at stake, so he puts the money for him to go there.
He's pulling everything he can on both sides to make sure the conflict never ends.
And he's sending Diana to the front so she can see how shitty men are, and then he can convince her to join him.
>>
>>83849731
This is fascinating. At what point exactly do you think she would intervene? He literally says "I was about to kill you, you Israeli whore". It spells out she wasn't part of his plan.
>>
>>83849718
It sounds more reliable than blowing up the plane with a grenade and hoping the flammability of the gas means the whole payload goes poof. And there's still the fact that the plane can be ditched anywhere that biplane could reach within the timer. The timer had to be set for at least a couple hours since modern planes could cover that distance in one hour.

But yes, ditching the plane into the Ocean still has a higher survival rate than blowing the plane up mid-flight.
>>
>>83849779
His plan was for her to join him so they could rule a world without men. He wants to kill her once she says she won't.
It's explicitly explained in the dialogue he has with her right before they go full DBZ.
>>
>>83849550
Okay, how about the fact that Terminator 3 did worse than Terminator 2 at the box office, where Terminator 3 was PG-13 and Terminator 2 was R. And it did worse by almost 100 million.

Die Hard, another franchise that turned into PG-13. Adjusted for inflation, Die Hard 2 is the top grossing film out of the franchise, in fact, all of the R rated films grossed higher than the PG-13 ones when adjusted for inflation.

How about we take a look at yet ANOTHER, shall we? Expendables 1 and 2, R rated. Expendables 3, PG-13...What was the result? Drop in box office. In fact, again, performed worse than both of the previous films.
>>
>>83849809
>His plan was for her to join him so they could rule a world without men.
Yes, after he meets her and the line I mentioned. When exactly do you think he came up with that plan?
>>
>>83849638
>being this mad because you can't read and are an inbred stupid "abortion survivor"

lmao, glad I'll never be this dumb or mad on 4chin.
>>
>>83849539
>even then it's explained that Diana is wrong.
It told that he is wrong, not explained
>. You also got BTFO when GotG2 was worse than WW
Wow, another brilliant argumentation from shill
>>
>>83849782
And a greater risk of the gas cloud making it somewhere it can still kill people, so there's your trade-off. I guess your next argument will be that Steve, being a seasoned American spy, should have had the prevailing winds memorized in the name of that good old Boy Scout motto.
>>
>>83849813
>m-m-m-muh one-off anecdotes
There are 98 PG or PG-13 movies in that list above your delusionally well-performing R-rated films. You have about 100 billion dollars to rationalize, fucker. Get to it.
>>
>>83849610
>Did I hit the nail on the head?
Only your own, tripcancer
>>
>>83849638
>being banned for BYTFO

lmao, how will marvelfags ever recover!
>>
>>83849865
>It told that he is wrong, not explained
Does it hurt being this retarded?
>>
>>83849778
How does it jeopardize the peace to stop Ludendorff after Ludendorff killed the German high command? Ludendorff kills all the German military leaders, a British spy kills Ludendorff... then what? What do the Germans do then? Refuse to surrender because the general that killed their own leaders was killed by the British before anyone agreed on any terms of the armistice? The armistice that Ares was negotiating?

You know part of the reason why it's a shock that Lupin is Ares is because Lupin doesn't do ANYTHING that would align with Ares personal goals, right?
>>
>>83849850
How is that important? He had an eternity to come up with the plan. He knew Zeus had created someone to kill him and that someone was out there and would come out once shit got real bad because that was part of the prophecy. So he thought that instead of going into a fight, (where the prophecy said he was gonna lose) he was planning to make her join him.
Of course he shoots himself in the foot and the prophecy is fullfilled, and his own actions end up being what makes it happen at the end. That's how pretty much every single Greek myth is.
>>
>>83849890
>one-off
>listed 3 separate instances off the top of my head

>anecdote
>literally objective evidence

Oh, so you have brain damage?
>>
>>83849876
What risk? If he's flying the plane to nowhere in a situation where there's no radar to detect his plane, what do you worry is going to happen? That he'll have a hydraulics failure mid flight that will cause the plane to crash before he escapes?

Then again, I ask you, WHY is the bomb on a timer? Because it's even MORE likely the plane would fail to make it to London.
>>
>>83849921
>tumblr talking about retardation
>>
>>83849865
>It told that he is wrong, not explained
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83849893
>n-n-no you!

LMAO
>>
>>83849971
>low effort post general
98 movies versus 2. Explain what you mean by "R-rated movies do totally fucking swell".
>>
>>83849929
You know the terms of peace signed for WW1 were the cause of WW2 right? Either Lunderdoff is succesful and the war never ends or he fails and WW2 happens anyway
>>
>>83849979
Do you even realize what you just said? You think a suicide plane was equipped with emergency gear? Escape to where? Into what? And releasing a gas cloud at sea level into what exact conditions?

Steve's plan was suicide, but it was at least suicide with as few variables as possible.
>>
>>83849929
>Refuse to surrender because the general that killed their own leaders was killed by the British before anyone agreed on any terms of the armistice?
I don't think you know how sovereignty works. No country would just shrug off a spy from a different country killing a high commander of its own. Ever.
>>
>>83850009
>98 movies

Cool, I'm not talking about those, learn how to fucking read.
>>
>open thread
>check IP/post count
>58 IPs 192 posts
Please Disney shills, leave the board. It's going to get very ugly for you with that we wuz panther shit your bosses just made
>>
>>83850031
Except Ares wasn't negotiating the Treaty of Versailles, and he never will because he dies in the movie. He was negotiating the armistice that would lead to ending the war. Unless he can see the future he can't know that WW2 is just over the hill. I guess it would be somewhat predictable, but again, not really something that's inclement to Ares' involvement.

All Ares did in the movie was act against his own interests within the time span he was acting. Maybe, MAYBE he knew the future and was planning to die at the end as well. Maybe. But probably not.

Probably, it's all a great big plot hole and the movie is mainly just really stupid.
>>
>>83850074
Do you know what anecdotal argumentation means? It means you pick a few pieces of evidence that support your delusion and ignore everything else.

Now your delusion is that "R rated movies do totally good you guise", when in fact they do middling business to fucking nothing on average. Give me STATISTICS, not three fucking examples, or I can read the top 20 off again for you to illustrate what "doing well" actually fucking means, you dimwit.
>>
>>83850126
>Unless he can see the future
He's negotiating the armistice so he can still be running shit even if peace was settled. He's playing all sides.
>>
>>83844219
I refuse to watch it.
>>
>>83850083
>i-i-it's shills
We all see you reddit
>>
>>83850063
Why was it a suicide plane? Why did the Germans build an advanced bomber craft to conduct a suicide mission? Fuck, why not strap bombs to more than one single bomber, while we're at it? That way if one plane malfunctions the others may still get there? You know, the way that shit actually works.

>>83850070
I'm sorry, but do you think national pride really extends to somebody who commits treason to the tune of killing your entire military command? Like seriously? The Germans would be outraged about the British killing a traitor of pretty much the highest caliber?
>>
>>83850009
>Explain what you mean by "R-rated movies do totally fucking swell".

>The hangover series grossed over 1.4 billion world wide
>The matrix series grossed over 1.6 billion world wide

>fifty shades of grey grossed over 500 million
>the conjuring grossed over 300 million
>American sniper grossed over 500 million
>passion of Christ grossed over 600 million
>the exorcist grossed over 400 million
>ted grossed over 500 million
>300 grossed over 400 million (even less well known than Dead pool)

Are you really going to pretend to be this stupid? I know it's the internet, but come on.
>>
>>83850126
>Unless he can see the future
It's either that or he is the God of fucking War and knows how these things happen. Germany was on their last leg but the invasion would have taken years. The terms of Versailles were being negotiated by the time of the Armistice IRL too, so I don't know what your nitpick is.
>>
File: Inigo.gif (59KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Inigo.gif
59KB, 320x240px
>>83850155
<plot hole

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

What was Ludendorf's plan before Diana's presence made him have to start calling audibles? He financed Steve and Diana's trip to get them out of his hair and quite possibly to get them killed. He confronted Diana when left with no other choice, supremely confident that he could either kill her or corrupt her, meaning her presence would have had precisely zero impact on his initial plan.
>>
This movie triggers so many different groups of people it's actually hilarious to witness.
>>
>>83850263
These things don't happen the way the movie depicted them happening, though. Nor do they happen the way that Ares said it was going to happen.
>>
>>83850155
>It means you pick a few pieces of evidence that support your delusion and ignore everything else.

>Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony

How do you go through life being that retarded?
>>
>>83850295
>Nor do they happen the way that Ares said it was going to happen.
See
>>83849969
>>
>>83850206
>Why did the Germans build an advanced bomber craft to conduct a suicide mission?

Because planes had been a thing for all of 16 years at that point? It was advanced in the way that the steam locomotive was advanced compared to a horse-drawn carriage.
>>
>>83850295
Ares main plan was for Lunderdoff to nuke London and keep the war going for years, but either way he couldn't lose because the peace he was negotiating was so humilliating that caused the rise of the fucking Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter Partei and another world war in 20 years

Having the God of War negotiate one of the biggest fuck ups in recent history is not a plot hole, but a touch of genius actually
>>
>>83850350
Oh, right. I remember when they build the very first suicide locomotives. The ones that were set to a timer that blew the train up the minute it reached its destination, because technology hadn't progressed far enough to build trains that work for more than one use.
>>
>>83850252
>>83850252
>The matrix series grossed over 1.6 billion world wide
>The hangover series grossed over 1.4 billion world wide
O I am laffin. Literally comparing an entire series to single movies. Furious 7 literally made about as much as your entire series, what the fuck are you on?

Just by the way, in case you don't get this. I'm in the camp that PG-13 movies suck ass and have no artistic merit to them whatsoever. This doesn't change the fact that screaming about how R-rated movies do well is retarded. R-rated movies don't even fucking make their budget back most of the time, which is low to begin with, and they have nothing on PG-13 blockbusters or PG movies. Deadpool is an outlier, not the norm.
>>
File: O Brother - Delmar.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
O Brother - Delmar.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>83850206
>The Germans would be outraged about the British killing a traitor of pretty much the highest caliber?

Because they're psychic, right? Friend, some of your autism's come unstowed.
>>
>>83850389
Planes in WW1 couldn't fly from Europe to London and come back when fully loaded. The mission was suicide for the pilot either way, hence the timer so he didn't get cold feet. Check your autism friend, we're getting worried
>>
>>83850304
In what world is anecdotal evidence is evidence for trends of any sort?
>>
>>83850446
Thank you.
>>
>>83850408
>Furious 7 literally made about as much as your entire series, what the fuck are you on?

You're really reaching to be correct, for being clearly BTFO.

You asked "how do R rated movies do WELL at the box office?"

You were shown lists of R rated films that grossed many times their budget, all of which made massive amounts of profit, and yet here you are, trying to say because a PG-13 film made a billion, that means R rated movies don't make anything. You're making logical fallacy after logical fallacy.

>I'm in the camp that PG-13 movies suck ass and have no artistic merit to them whatsoever.

And you're a complete fucking idiot it would also seem.
>>
Yes, although I'll freely admit it kind of straight up fell apart during Diana's fight with Ares. Was extremely good by capeshit standards until then and overall still is desu
>>
>>83850437
>The entire German high command dies in a poison gas attack. A burned gas mask is found at the scene
>Luddendorff throws a party celebrating the development of a new poison gas that burns through gas masks
>Luddendorff is the only survivor of the German high command
I guess putting 2 and 2 together to make 4 sounds like "autism" when you're dumb enough to think the plot of Wonder Woman was cogent.
>>
>>83850460
>world is anecdotal evidence is evidence for trends of any sort?

Do...Do you need help? Are you having a seizure?
>>
>retards can't even follow Wonder Woman
Jesus christ I thought it was a DChad meme
>>
>>83850543
It doesn't matter. Germany would deal with that themselves, they're not just gonna admit some foreign spy to do it.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (185KB, 525x816px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
185KB, 525x816px
>>83850543
No, but assuming that literally everyone involved in the conflict was privy to the event sure does. There were two living witnesses and they weren't exactly on Team Armistice. How in the fuck do you think they spin events?
>>
File: McClaneWelcome.jpg (207KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
McClaneWelcome.jpg
207KB, 1280x720px
>>83850597
Welcome to the party, pal.
>>
>>83850521
>You're really reaching to be correct, for being clearly BTFO.
Do you think Furious 7 is better than the entire Matrix trilogy put together or some shit? We're not arguing for quality here, we're arguing for marketability. And it's a simple fact that PG-13 are more marketable and make more money than R-rated movies.

Your argument is that R movies don't do worse than PG-13 movies in the box office, which they do. Whether a minority of R movies do better than a minority of PG-13 movies in the box office is called an overlap in distribution. The absolute biggest successes in the R-rated movie sphere is a moderate success in the PG-13 movie sphere.

>And you're a complete fucking idiot it would also seem.
Out of the 100 most grossing movies, I dare you to name a masterpiece. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>83850665
>all of this shit

Wew, you're awfully butthurt for it being pointed out that R rated movies do well at the box office.
>>
PG13 movies make more money but Deadpool would have bombed if they didn't rate it R. It was the only thing it had going on for it
>>
>>83850617
Anon.

It was the entire upper command of the German army. That's not "whoops missing persons lol I guess we'll look into that next week" type of stuff.

And for fuck's sake, I want you to know that you're basically arguing Sally's going to look for her marble in the box because Ares put it there and told Diana that his plan is for Sally to look in the box.
>>
>>83850665
>Out of the 100 most grossing movies, I dare you to name a masterpiece. I fucking dare you.

Gone with the Wind? You're retarded...
>>
>>83850573
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=anecdotal+evidence
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trend
It's not a seizure. It's called the english language. Go ahead, use these links, you'll thank me when you actually have a reference for these terms.
>>
>>83850665
>Do you think Furious 7 is better than the entire Matrix trilogy put together or some shit?

Love how you completely disregard any sense of integrity you previously had and go for clear strawmen.

>We're not arguing for quality here, we're arguing for marketability

>You asked "how do R rated movies do WELL at the box office?"

I really guess you CAN'T read, holy shit. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>83850717
Not on the list I linked. Learn to read and fuck off.
>>
>>83850687
>Wew, you're awfully butthurt for it being pointed out that R rated movies do well at the box office.
>R rated movies do well
Is this another argument of
>these specific 2 R rated movies made their budget back
or is this an argument backed by statistics?
>>
>>83850713
>It was the entire upper command of the German army.
Which means Ludendorff is in charge now. I bet he ordered a thorough investigation to take place.
>>
>>83850723
>click the link
>you still get proven wrong

lmao, what a fucking idiot.

P.S. Trends are still objectively measurable data and have nothing to do with anecdotal evidence you fucking autistic sperg-lord, holy shit, lmao
>>
>>83850760
>not on the list I linked

Boo hoo, cry me a river, nig-nag. Gone With The Wind is on the list "I" linked, so learn to read and fuck off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
>>
>>83850830
>P.S. Trends are still objectively measurable data and have nothing to do with anecdotal evidence you fucking autistic sperg-lord, holy shit, lmao
That's the point. If you don't get the difference between almost an entire top 100 and a few random movies that aren't even close, you don't have the slightest clue of what a trend is. Go join BLM.

If your next post doesn't have a list of R-rated movies that made 100 billion dollars in the box office combined, consider your argument lost. Family friendly movies got that covered easily, I'm eager to see you try it.
>>
>>83850811
I don't know, is this another argument of
>these 2 specific pg-13 films made their budget back
Or is this an argument backed by statistics?
>>
>>83850829
I'm pretty sure the Kaiser is in charge, anon.

Poison gas attack kills German high command. Ludendorff announces he's developed a new poison gas and throws a party about it before he launches poison gas at a town that was occupied by the Germans basically yesterday.

Maybe YOU wouldn't figure it out because you're as sharp as a cucumber, but most people would probably draw the basic conclusions.
>>
>>83850923
>that's the point

>disregards his previous point about anecdotes

You
Are
Not
Smart.
>>
>>83850923
>go join BLM

I knew you were from /pol/, only someone from /pol/ could be this consistent in their irrational stupidity and dismissal of original topics.
>>
>>83850965
The point is that anecdotes are worth absolutely nothing. Respond to the post instead of meme'ing, dipshit. Go ahead, a list of R-rated movies that made 100 billion dollars. I'm eager to hear it.
>>
File: 1459120642868.png (172KB, 311x301px) Image search: [Google]
1459120642868.png
172KB, 311x301px
>>83848681
>And it still was better than GotG2
>>
File: ShitpostCat.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
ShitpostCat.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>83850713
>And for fuck's sake, I want you to know that you're basically arguing Sally's going to look for her marble in the box because Ares put it there and told Diana that his plan is for Sally to look in the box.

I'm sure that's what it looks like in the magical realm of StraightUpOwnAssica, but in the reality the rest of us live in, it looks like you're arguing that the sole survivors and de facto leaders of the German forces are powerless to counteract the simultaneous psychic awareness experienced jointly by literally everyone on the planet in regards to what had just happened.

You couldn't out yourself as a child of the Information Age any harder if you were actively posting about it on four different social media sites and conducting a live Twitter feed of the event.
>>
>>83850923
>If your next post doesn't have a list of R-rated movies that made 100 billion dollars in the box office combined, consider your argument lost

That's not even true for PG-13 films.
>>
>>83851027
You're a big shill
>>
>>83851006
The point is that anecdotes are worth absolutely nothing.

Which is why I didn't use any.....?!?!?!

What are you not getting here? Do you need me to spell it out for you?
>>
>>83851090
>Go ahead, a list of R-rated movies that made 100 billion dollars. I'm eager to hear it.
Come on, do I have to ask a FOURTH time? They do so well, according to you, you must have something to support this theory.
>>
>>83851034
How did people hear about the Russian royal family being killed off, then? Why didn't they lie about it and say the czar was totally down to reform the government and peacefully hand power over to the Bolsheviks?

I mean without computers, nobody would sniff that lie out from miles away.
>>
>>83851059
100 billion dollars combined doesn't make every movie made 100 billion dollars each, it means all of them together did. I'm not sure there are enough R-rated movies in the world to scrape together 20 billion, let alone 100 billion in a neat little 100 movies.
>>
>>83851130
>Come on, do I have to ask a FOURTH time

I've already been asking for the fifth time to acknowledge how you've been proven wrong that R rated movies "do just swell".

But apparently that's too much to ask of an autistic person.

How about you list all the PG-13 films that add up to 100 billion? After all, you're the one setting this arbitrary limit. I wonder why you didn't say 200 billion? That's a lot more than 100 billion.
>>
File: manlets.png (1MB, 764x956px) Image search: [Google]
manlets.png
1MB, 764x956px
>>83844219
womanlets WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

captcha : MArtha eastgate
>>
>>83851180
>I'm not sure there are enough R-rated movies in the world to scrape together 20 billion

The top 20 alone adds up to 10 billion.
>>
>>83851137
Mainly because killing the Tsar and his family wasn't anything that the Bolsheviks *wanted* to hide.How about that?
>>
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=worldwari.htm
>>
>>83851474
Ludendorff wasn't hiding the fact that he was using poison gas indiscriminately.

But maybe the Bolsheviks didn't hide that they'd killed the czar because sooner or later, somebody was going to go looking for the czar to ask him about something important? Maybe you can't fucking hide it when the highest leaders of your organization are dead.

Also, do you think Ludendorff was totally up to speed on all the responsibilities his colleagues had? Because Ludendorff himself probably had a lot on his plate and not much time to run the entire German military theater.
>>
>>83851180
>100 billion dollars combined doesn't make every movie made 100 billion dollars each

No fucking shit. PG-13 has only been around for about 30 years, there's no fucking way that they all add up to 100 billion. You're off your rocker.
>>
>>83851562
This is more impressive

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=warnerbros.htm

If WW gets to 350M it's going to be the 4th highest grossing WB movie in US
>>
Ares looked pretty cool desu senpai
>>
File: Bane2.png (197KB, 250x296px) Image search: [Google]
Bane2.png
197KB, 250x296px
>>83851595
But maybe, just maybe, work with me here. You don't have to reveal the exact circumstances of their deaths, like for instance, you say you were providing another demonstration of it when enemy saboteurs hijacked the proceedings and you and the designer narrowly escaped with your lives thanks to your superior knowledge of how the gas functioned.

Or maybe you claim that the English gassed the meeting themselves with a a compound of their own design, possibly using the Doctor's stolen notes.

That's just off the top of my head, and I'm not even a professional supervillain. It's more of a hobby, really.
>>
Friendly reminder that the only thing a movie's quality hinges on is whether or not it has a good story and only time will tell that. You guys arguing over which memes you like and don't like are pointless.
>>
>>83844219
nnnnnnnnnope
>>
File: 6568.gif (299KB, 500x778px) Image search: [Google]
6568.gif
299KB, 500x778px
>>83852111
>>
>>83852025
>"Ludendorff! What happened to all the other generals?"
Oh. Yes, they all died of... a malfunction. Bomb. A bomb that malfunctioned. I escaped because I am intimately familiar with malfunction.
>"Who will manage the western front?"
I will!
>"And the eastern front?
Me, of course!
>What of the middle east?
Me again!
>"But what of the responsibility of supplies? Who will oversee Germany?"
I will.
>"All you? The entire management of the failing German military, starving, without ammunition and supplies, demoralized?"
Yes! It's how the other generals would have wanted.
>"Well then general, if you could just see to it about the problem of our -"
No! I cannot right now! I must get to my private gala where I will demonstrate the power of my malfunction bomb!
>>
>>83852025
The whole movie is one big over sight and you are making a lot of assumptions pal.
>>
>>83852161
So wait a minute. You're making the case that none of those other fronts had anyone who'd step into the roles of the deceased commanders?

Also, did you forget about the other little trick they had up their sleeve?
>>
>>83852253
No, this >>83852161 is what assumptions look like, stupid ones at that.
>>
>>83844219
bigot.
>>
>>83850543
Given that he was able to kill them and get away with it, why would you assume that anyone other than him and his men knew what happened?
>>
My girlfriend almost fell asleep watching it.
>>
Why is anyone assuming that the insane general even cared that people knew he killed the other members on the high command? He was crazy, he was sure that showing that taking out London would convince them to continue. Doesn't mean it would have, just that he was convinced of it.
>>
>>83850446
But that doesnt cover what the anon said about high winda and outside forces affecting the flight. The timers dont make any sense when you think about weather conditions.
They didnt have the tech to know it was clear skies so if there were any delays thanks to weather the bombs would go off and the mission would fail, if there were no timers but bad weather, the pilot could still complete the mission.
It was a bad movie, much like bvs and ss. I dont know if youre a dceu fan, but it really was a shit movie. Plot nonsense aside, there was just so much shit about it that was fucking garbage.
>>
>>83852253
>The whole movie is one big over sight
Nope, it's just some dude nitpicking. Nobody had a problem with it.
>>
>>83848802
He's right
>>
>>83852693
Did they specifically say how long the timer was set for?

By the same token, he assumes that Steve could know where to pilot a plane filled with an experimental gas of sufficient volume to take out all of London and guarantee it did no damage wherever he happened to splash down with it.
>>
>>83852696
I had problems with how fucking shitty it was. Its not nitpicks. It was garbage
>>
The movie set up so much and nothing gets paid off at the end. What a waste
>>
So in the DC cannon, did WW indirectly just cause the Holocaust?
>>
>>83852815
I dont recall myself honestly, only saw it once. The timers make no sense just in principle. The germans were dedicated, so even if it was a suicide mission from the start the germans are loyal enough to the cause to see it through. So whats the point of the timers?
Cold feet? Theyre like jihadis and kamikaze pilots, there is no alternative. Kamikaze pilots didnt have timers on their planes they completed their mission.

Its just stupid. It was added to create a sense of drama and immediacy. " oh no time is short we must hurry!" Thats all, its extremely transparent in that way. Youre prob. Right that there was no safer way to stop the plane without steve dying but its the timers. The timers make no sense.

Trash movie man. People wont admit to it because they dont wanna seem like bigots. It wasnt enjoyable. It was shit. Only little kids would like it, and i honestly dont even believe that. Did you happen to see it? Did that ending not make you cringe? Did the shitty green screen and bad child acting not bother you?

I mean.. jeeze. Its so obviously bad you all just walked into the theater saying " man that movie was great" before they even started the " silence your cellphones" clip
>>
>>83846962
that's a massive stretch. Majority of people could care less about the "controversy" or whatever you'd call it.
>>
File: 1482210824113.jpg (3KB, 160x186px) Image search: [Google]
1482210824113.jpg
3KB, 160x186px
>>83844219
It ok
It not good
But it not bad
It okay
>>
>>83845675
I WANT TO FUCK THAT JEW
>>
>>83853220
No, the majority of the people went to see it becom of the comedy
>>
I want to see a Wonder Woman movie where woman team up wit th shrek, not some animated cg trash movie of shrek with wonder, but a real life Wonder Woman movie where shrek is 3D have to team up with wonder, like space jam but instead of Michael jackon and Donald Duck it Wonder Woman wit shrek
>>
Lots of marvel pajeet shills today I see.
>>
>>83854017
The fuck is this post supposed to mean.
>>
gal 'white phosphorus for them not us' gadot
gal 'unloading my galil until your children squeal' gadot
gal 'no quarter if you cross my border' gadot
>>
>>83844219
>hurr called the movie trash
>instant 300 posts
>>
>>83849270
I dare say GoTG2 was way more anti-male.

>villain uses main characters mom as cum dumpster and gives her cancer so he can keep banging new broads
>Peter Quill is legit a unlikable asshole who calls everyone names and considers selling his friends out many times like on the planet
>Pirate guy kills thousands of people
>Raccoon is a mean and spiteful piece of shit

All female characters exist to be abused by the male ones and one calls the bug basically ugly as fuck. Men look terrible in GoTG2.
>>
I enjoyed it, it was a standard cape movie. It's what I wanted in BvS, actually Superman wanting to help others.
>>
>>83844219
>walk into cinema already tilted because "Muh female empowerment"
>"its gonna be best movie guys"
>start watching
>have a laugh every now and then
>story develops nicely
>nice action scenes

Honestly, I hate DC heroes in general and the movies have not been great, but I found this movie enjoyable on its own.

"FEMALE POWER" shit was kept to a minimum and everything else was decent.

Soundtrack is a fucking ear orgasm and this movie is not good enough for it.

7/10 would watch again
>>
>>83853092
Well, the timer could be in case none of them were alive to trigger the release on making it to their target, too. That would supremely suck for the Germans - your experimental plane filled with experimental gas actually makes it to its target, shot to pieces and all hands dead and insufficient tech to devise a reliable barometric switch.

Now your enemy has a shot at launching it right back in your face.
>>
>>83852991
>The movie set up so much and nothing gets paid off at the end.
What does it set up that doesn't pay off, other than the Scottish man's backstory?
>>
>>83854987
>Honestly, I hate DC heroes in general
fag
>>
>>83853001
Quite the opposite, actually. At least with the info we have now. We'll have to wait and see if they say anything about whether WWII happened and what was Diana's role in it.
>>
>>83848546
Is that you, Matthew?
>>
File: 1491675935618.png (144KB, 254x454px) Image search: [Google]
1491675935618.png
144KB, 254x454px
Assuming the timed explosive on the plane makes sense, and assuming they are able to make some hydrogen based mustard gas and develop it to full production within days, simply igniting the gas would cause it to burn up immediately, neutralizing any risk of the gas spreading anywhere. Chris Pine was aware of this too since he decided to suicide on the plane by causing an explosion to neutralize the threat. Lets not forget that the German gala happens to be held in some castle that is within riding distance of the broken defensive line, which is within range of artillery (as evidenced by the comically placed cannon on the top of the castle that shot the gas into the city that was just liberated). Shit doesn't make any sense.
>>
Hey Oscarlets, try not being too obvious. Perhaps if she meme danced with the villain you guys would like it more!
>>
>>83855053
The poison lady
The general turned out to be a pointless red herring
The entire good guy crew
All the amazoness
Every Brit military character in London except for Remus lupin who is just a cliche twist villain
The whole idea of her being a woman in a male dominated society.
>>
>>83855280
>The poison lady
What is set up that doesn't pay off?

>The general turned out to be a pointless red herring
Not pointless, it was used to shatter Diana's confidence on her mission, and show her that villains aren't always that obvious.

>The entire good guy crew
Only the Scottish man's story seems to have been chopped off and doesn't deliver on its setup. The others didn't have anything set up that didn't pay off, and at the end, and they're also a big reason why she regains hope in mankind, along with Steve's sacrifice.

>All the amazoness
Again, what is set up that doesn't pay off?

>Every Brit military character in London except for Remus lupin who is just a cliche twist villain
Nothing set up that doesn't pay off either.

>The whole idea of her being a woman in a male dominated society.
I think it was handled well. They didn't ignore it, but it wasn't the main point of the movie, which would've been lame.
>>
>>83848891
What happened was that big box movies have been on such a downturn that people's palate's regressed to have a taste for it.
>>
>>83855084
why? they are shit
>>
File: Cat Surprise.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
Cat Surprise.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>83855588
>Not pointless, it was used to shatter Diana's confidence on her mission

I'm also thinking of him as proto-Captain Nazi.
>>
>>83855588
Every point you brought just shows you don't under stand anything about story structure and what set ups and pay offs are

Who said anything about whether or not the movie ignored the idea woman in male dominated society? Of course they didn't ignore it other wise I wouldn't have seen it to bring it up.

You don't even know what I'm talking about so quit responding
>>
>>83856705
Can you answer my questions about what is set up that doesn't pay off, or how my other points are wrong instead of just going the "ad hominem" route?
>>
>>83856809
How ironic that I made an attempt to try to understand at least one of your points and you completely ignored that one.
>>
>>83857054
You mean this?
>Who said anything about whether or not the movie ignored the idea woman in male dominated society? Of course they didn't ignore it other wise I wouldn't have seen it to bring it up.

You still didn't explain what did they set up that didn't pay off.
>>
File: Ironic.jpg (19KB, 378x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ironic.jpg
19KB, 378x300px
>>83857054
>ironic

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
>>
>>83844219
Yeah, it was great. Kinda awkward until Steve shows up, though.
>>
>>83844219
Americans
Proof: They also loved Interstellar
>>
I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF LOVE BUARHHHHH
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.