[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... she lied right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: The-Leftovers-Book-of-Nora.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The-Leftovers-Book-of-Nora.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
> naked bitch makes it through the Australian outback and just happens to run into a couple of geezers despite the fact that only 2% of the population is left?

> her family is somehow living in the exact same house in Mapleton??? Only two percent of the population left, wouldn't people have banned together for resources? Why is this one small town still functioning?

> somehow is able to track down the scientist despite the fact that he obviously should be in hiding, otherwise people would be hounding him to go to the 98% world

> the scientist is somehow able to recreate the machine??? How? How did he gain access to the special radiated metals needed to send people back? Funding? Resources?

> what about the others who went back? If they ever revealed themselves as people who cam back, surely there would be a panic among the 2% who would desperately want to go back to the 98% world
>>
doesnt matter was all about the charactes
>>
File: the-leftovers-eye-roll.gif (4MB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers-eye-roll.gif
4MB, 640x357px
>>83828353
>>
>>83828339
Post Carrie's Coon.
>>
Wat film is this?
>>
>>83828511

This anon knows what the REAL priorities are on /tv/.

A true patrician.
>>
>>83828339
>the entire show is based around religion and faith
>"b-but where is my definite answer and proof? REEEEEEEEE"
kys desu
>>
>>83828339
She made it up. Looked like was about to yell STOP at the beginning, as liquid was rising over her face, haven't gone back to watch tho.

Maybe she had that scenario in her head, like if she actually goes through and finds her family they will have moved on and she wouldn't have a place there. Maybe she got scared last minute and realized she would probably just be killed.

Matt covered for her, I guess Laurie did too.
>>
>>83828339
She woke up on the docks of Melbourne, so assuming 2% of the population were still around you have a few thousand people in the general area still.

Mapleton is a farming town so people would have had to have gone back to the land to sustain the population, cities would have probably been emptied out, shit, that does contradict my first point I guess.

The scientist would have been the first to go through but only about 200 people have followed him, so in Busey-World(I assume that Gary Busey is President of that world as is his right) those who went public likely sound like crazy lunatics who faked disappearing like Mark Linn-Baker did.

With less people there would be less security on everything. The scientist already knew how to build the thing so he probably didn't have trouble building a second one. Probably had notes and shit he took down when he arrived and kept doing on and off research.

The real thing to think about is that she was back in Australia, because she arrived in Busey-world in Australia but would have moved to America to find her family, then found the scientist who would have been in either the USA or Switzerland(where their research was being conducted) and then travelled back to 98%-world using the machine and arrived in America or Switzerland or wherever they built it.

Why then would she move to Australia after coming back?
Only explanation I can think of is that Australia has the worlds largest supply of Uranium so maybe they needed that and rebuilt the machine down there and she arrived and just never left after coming back.
>>
>>83828339
She's not anywhere near the outback, she's in Melbourne, so quickly finding some people shouldn't have been too hard.

I agree with you about their family house in Mapleton. Imagine all the amazing houses that would be sitting vacant.

She said the physicists told here the inventor's name and that she should look him up.
>>
do you think she lied about her big hairy bush? was it a merkin?
>>
>>83828953
This is literally why i dont watch this
>>
>>83828339
She and Kevin represented the two sides of the question. He was Faith and she was Fact.

Even their jobs reflected that, she collected fact after fact about the people who left trying to find an answer while Kevin just went on faith, his family was nearly lost to a cult his trust in his visions was him talking to god and trusting in His plan.

In the end Kevin let himself be killed so he could travel to the other side and find an answer and then after he found nothing he spent a lifetime travelling to Australia and searching for the woman he loved looking for her on nothing more than the hope that she'd be there and he had faith but his faith in the divine was tested because none of it made sense in the end.

She wanted concrete answers and used science to get them for herself but reality itself didn't work out for her. Either she got them to stop(which showed she didn't want it enough to risk dying) or she didn't and her story was true either way the reality of what happened caused her to reject it and retreat into her own world alone.

Faith and Fact got together, had a fight, separated, found their answers by themselves and rejected them and then found each other again.

That's what the show was about. Faith and Fact, Kevin and Nora. Two people who are all of us, trying to find a way back to each other.
>>
File: 5yy.jpg (138KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
5yy.jpg
138KB, 1280x718px
Let the mystery be, nigger.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.