[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/'s opinion on this master class film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

/tv/'s opinion on this master class film?
>>
>>83821109
it's shitty liberal propaganda
>>
fucking garbage
>>
dude just open your borders lmao
>>
Boring and as bland as dry dogshit
>>
pretty good depiction of modern UK
>>
>mexican director
>movie deals with immigration

gee I wonder if it has an agenda
>>
masterpiece
>>
>>83821211

>artists should never make political statements

you're an idiot
>>
Best movie of the 2000's, or at least one of the best.
>>
that scene where the cafe gets blown up and the marching Islamists march around really hit close to home as I live in London and it is only a matter of time before terrorist attacks happen here on a weekly basis...
>>
>>83821109

Brits are anti immigrants. Definitely a fantasy film.
>>
>>83821310
Why didn't you vote for Trump?
>>
>>83821125
>>83821155
>>83821161

t.brainlets

the movie shows a spiritually dead and literally doomed Europe, no wonder they import all those immigrants for cheap labor.

pretty accurate metaphor for reality in my opinion.
>>
Greatest sci-fi film of the 2000s

>>83821125
Kys underage redditfag
>>
An great movie with a very cool and intriguing premise, good acting, and a very satisfying ending.

It does tend to take itself a bit too seriously at times. And I was not a fan of the super long takes. Long takes are supposed to help immersion but this one broke it for me, its a bit too show-offy.
>>
>>83821478
Alfonso Cuarón is not a virtuoso, although his Children of Men style might convince the politically obtuse that a decorative illustration of their social alarm is a visionary achievement. Below the garish surface of this paranoid fantasy lies political antipathy—not the sort of soulful detritus of Tarkovsky’s Stalker tableaux or Spielberg’s hallucinogenic War of the Worlds, but Cuarón’s cheap specialty: fashion. By distorting contemporary social fears into facile apocalyptic imagery, Children of Men does little more than rework the ludicrous, already-forgotten V for Vendetta.
>>
'i never seen it from start to end, gets too boring like 10 mins in and then i drop it.
>>
>>83821624
cinematography was good. story lacked meaning and iconography despite being literally on religious proportions.
>>
>>83821109
pretentious muck
>>
>>83821727
Emmanuel Lubezski does long Steadicam takes through bombed-out neighborhoods and on motorway shoot-outs that resemble the surreally distanced, uninterrupted viewpoint of a videogame. But these show-offy sequences come 16 years after Scorsese and De Palma pioneered them in GoodFellas and Bonfire of the Vanities. They’re done to impress, yet are so slow and stagey that they’re portentous.
>>
>>83821763
the post that said that this is done in fashion with a post apocalyptic theme is absolutely right. with a closer look you can really see the lines that were simply skip traced.
>>
>>83821125
>last baby on Earth is black
>up to a white guy to save it since, surprise, no father in the picture
>liberal propaganda
>>
>>83821125
>Not looking at it as the conclusive result of globalization
>>
>>83822535
>a mock virgin-birth by a Third-World woman named Kee (Claire-Hope Ashitey), whose delivery and protection becomes Theo’s neo-white man’s burden.

You can’t get more Lefty sentimental than that.
>>
>>83821245
This. Just open all borders and the universal income will pay for itself thanks to home built labor bots. Besides, I'm sure we'd all get along if you're not a rural and suburbam retard :)
>>
>>83821125
Except they show that the unchecked immigration fucks the country up and the main bad guys are the radical leftist group.
>>
>>83821736
>pretentious

Which part went over your ignorant head?
>>
>>83821125
You'd really have to be an idiot to think this, the entire world has been overcome by some disaster and only Britain still functions through aggressive repression of anti-social elements and rounding up of foreigners while everything the muds and commies touch has turned to shit and armed muslims march in the street chanting. What the government does isn't pleasant but it's the only choice. How the fuck is that liberal propaganda?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.