[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: the-prestige.14577.jpg (177KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
the-prestige.14577.jpg
177KB, 1000x1500px
Which knot did he tie?
>>
Just watched this three times consecutively. I'm now convinced that Borden never met Tesla...

Tesla is in dire financial straits, sees how gullible Angier is, and decides to con him out of some money. Tesla and his manservant manipulate Angier in a long con. They take his money and give him a meaningless light show with the Tesla coil. When Angier gets suspicious, they use a cat to lead Angier to the collection of hates in the field - all placed there by Tesla & co to trick Angier into believing that the machine duplicated them. After Tesla gets all the money he can out of Angier, he gives him the (useless) machine.

Angier realises he was conned and decides to try the same swindle on Borden. If Angier could con Borden into thinking an illusion was real magic, that proves Angier's superiority. He plots extensively, having lifelike dummies in tanks created, the "hats" of the routine, in the hopes that Borden would follow the trail as he did and draw the same conclusion.

When Borden is in gaol, Angier tries again to convince him by manufacturing a diary to support the story. Borden never buys it; he's too canny, and through the diary he sees how Angier was working the con.

When Borden's twin shoots him, Angier finally realizes the simplicity of Borden's trick. Angier considers trying to continue the con (imagining a story of him shooting a duplicate) but realizes he is dying and has lost, so he reveals (this is key) how his goal was always to make the audience believe in the magic and try and forget that it was only an illusion.

The whole movie was structured like a magic trick.
>>
>>83817631
Pasta aside he tied the wrong knot
>>
>>83817631
Never been more disappointed by a movie, what a fucking mess
>>
>>83817631
Imagine interacting so superficially with your own wife that someone who looks like you can take your place without her even getting suspicious.
>>
>>83817747
Imo it was a decent movie up until they blew it with the cloning shit. Took all the mystery out of this movie.
>>
>>83817789
The 'cloning' wasn't real. Didn't you get that?
>>
>>83818922
Yes it was
>>
>>83817688
When Angier first shows the machine to the theater leaser how do we explain the way he teleports? Was this just a depiction of the journal entry and not actually how it happened in person? Same goes for when Angier shoots his copy / copy shoots him when he first uses it.
>>
>>83817773
>who looks like you
You mean someone that is you?
>>
>>83819566
I agree with this anon. Why do you have to look so deeply into the movie? This is what happened in the plot, the events were clearly stated to the viewer.
>>
>>83818922

Then why have a scene where he shoots his own clone? The movie doesn't hint at it or imply it, it shows it clones people.
>>
>>83819774
Unreliable narrator (the diary) or do you think the events of life of pi really happened?
>>
>>83819867
How did he know when Borden would be in the audience in order to frame him for murder. If hes not cloning himself, he only has 1 shot to kill his double
>>
>>83817773
>without her even getting suspicious
Didn't she kill herself because she couldn't take his "mood swings" anymore?
>>
File: reeereeee.png (35KB, 129x122px) Image search: [Google]
reeereeee.png
35KB, 129x122px
The final scene shows the tanks full of dead Angiers, but morons still try to come up with hare-brained theories to "disprove" that Tesla's machine actually worked. Literally looking elsewhere because they want to be fooled.
>>
>>83820139
Yes, she couldn't handle the times where she clearly knew he wasn't in love with her (twin in his place). Since he would never tell her about the secret, she was left feeling trapped in a troubled, unhealthy marriage.
>>
>>83820187
Wrong. She found out about the twin. Rewatch it again and listen to her words. That's why she killed herself.
>>
>>83821822
What did she say? Don't have the movie available right now.
>>
>>83822299
Towards the end you can tell, the argument theyre having in the scene where the daughter is by the stairs listening
>>
Fuck! Was it magic or not?
>>
>>83824272
Obviously not. Did you even listen to the narration?
>>
>>83822859
Would you mind elaborating?
Because i don't believe your interpretation is right, but i'm open for it if you can prove it.
>>
>>83824549
>You can't hide it anymore, because I know, Alfred, I know. I know what you really are, Alfred. I can't live like this.
>>
File: ok.png (86KB, 911x916px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
86KB, 911x916px
>>83824685
What did google mean by this?

What she said is rather vague though.
And why would knowing her husband actually loves her but has a twin he shares a life with drive her to suicide?
>>
>>83817688
how did he actually do the transported man when he came back from america then?
>>
>>83817631
How the fuck am I supposed to know?
>>
>>83825042
Most online scripts are in a .pdf format that prevents you from CTRL+F'ing, thus it won't show up in google. Other times the scripts are early drafts that don't have certain lines. Springfieldscript is the audio transcribed directly from the work, albeit in a near illegible format.
>>
>>83817688
I've seen this movie well over two dozen times, and this is 100% correct.
>>
>>83825226
That makes sense, but why is google baneposting?
>>
>>83817688
Yep, this is true. Literally the last words of the movie are "you want to be fooled" Nolan is performing a trick on the audience.
>>
>>83825286
It's a big website.
>>
>>83825493
For U-sers
>>
>>83826020
Oh my god you did it
>>
>>83826065
Baneposting has linked us.
>>
>>83817631
The dog knot inside Scarlett?
>>
>>83828078
Scarlet seems more of the "shove live finches up my pussy till i cum" kind of chick
>>
>>83817688
>He plots extensively, having lifelike dummies in tanks created

Yeahhh, you lost me right there friendo. They explicitly showed that there were more than one Angier when he tries the machine on himself the first time.
>>
>>83829304
This, he literally fucking shoots himself.
>>
So was Angier a clone at the end or the original? What about the guy that was an actual double but not really Angier?
>>
Which Borden was the father of Jess? Which one died in prison?
>>
>>83830302

The one that took her home is her real father. Remember what Borden says to his twin before he is executed. He says he is sorry about Sarah and that he did not mean to hurt her, meaning he is apologizing about getting her killed to the one that actually loved her.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.