[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard was it to make this fucker move?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 38281881717127.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
38281881717127.gif
2MB, 500x280px
How hard was it to make this fucker move?
>>
If I remember right, Audrey II was pretty small, more like a puppet, it's not hard to make things look bigger.
>>
>>83810560
he was life size for the parts s/he was big. something like over a dozen puppetteers. it even performed live at the oscars that year
>>
>>83810473
ugh, like, gawd, just make it all CGI
>>
File: Biollante_Final_Form.jpg (244KB, 639x355px) Image search: [Google]
Biollante_Final_Form.jpg
244KB, 639x355px
what about her?
>>
>>83810473
When Little Shop of Horrors was on Broadway 10 years ago or so, the Henson workshop built all the various stages of Audrey II. The final one had a huge mouth capable of making various expressions and large enough for the actors to be "eaten" in. It could also extend on its neck to grab the actors and pull them in. In the finale song "don't feed the plants", Audrey extended from the stage on a huge neck and hovered over the audience singing and snapping at them.

So it's possible, just a lot of machinery and puppeteer work.
>>
FEED
>>
ME
>>
BANE
>>
>>83812465
CAUSE IF YOU FEED ME CIA
I CAN GROW UP
BIG
FOR YOU
>>
look at the amazing deleted ending the pleb test screen wanted to change
>>
>>83811330
I guy was inside and strings to move the tentacles.
>>
>>83811330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UTubAZvk8s
amazing
>>
>>83812568
Theater has no happy endings. But these movie fucks always want the happy end so changes always happens.
>>
>>83810473
Is that Claras vagina from the live action episode in Drawn Together?
>>
>>83811291
Get the fuck out
>>
File: cat_scream.png (111KB, 311x304px) Image search: [Google]
cat_scream.png
111KB, 311x304px
>>83812568
>the best parts from The Meek Shall Inherit were cut because they didn't mesh with the new ending
https://youtu.be/hFYll5j1n78
>>
>>83812568
>>83812708
The deleted ending was shit and was a massive middle finger to the time I invested in the movie
>>
>>83812617
Holy shit what a mega autist.
>>
name a movie made in the last 10 years that had anything nearly as impressive as Audrey II in terms of meticulousness and hard work and craft in regard to any aspect of filming.
>>
SUDDENLY
>>
>>83810473
They shot it at double frame rate then sped it up to get that smooth movement.
>>
>>83810473
its a full size puppet recorded in a slower speed so in regular 24 frames per second it looked fluid
>>
>>83810473
>inb4 Little Shop of Horrors was a metaphor for white genocide
>>
>>83813187
looks like you missed the whole point of the movie but it's okay you got your happy ending.
>>
>>83810473
I never saw this.
Should I?
>>
>>83813742
If you like musicals then go for it.
>>
>>83813847
OK cool.
>>
>>83813742
Yeah, but make sure you watch the "director's" cut. It's still missing some scenes, but you at least get the real ending.
>>
>>83811175

It was a mix of things. Also this still looks way fucking better than even the best CGI.
>>
>>83813866

Honestly I liked the redone cut better. Not just cause i need happy endings but I just thought it fit the movie better. I mean I know it is basically a knock off of the Frankenstein formula but i don't feel that the overall "moral punishment for playing god" fits in perfectly with the story this is telling.
>>
>>83810473
>huge lips
>"soulful" voice
>blue gums
>>
>>83810473
It took about forty people to work the Audrey II animatronic in the movie.

To this day it's easily the greatest achievement in animatronics in film. The movement is so fluid and lifelike that it liiks like it's somehow digitally enhanced.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.