[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Wire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: chessformonkeys.jpg (58KB, 650x475px) Image search: [Google]
chessformonkeys.jpg
58KB, 650x475px
So I just got done watching the first episode of The Wire and I was blown away! There is a scene where D'angelo is explaining chess to the other kids and teaching them about all the pieces. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when he was telling them about pawns, he actually meant THEY were the pawns! What an amazing allegory!

I've never seen such brilliant writing and I can easily say just by having watched the first episode that this is the best show ever made!

Also the acting is phenomenal! Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
Dude, don't come here now. Seriously. Watch the rest. You. Must.

The Wire is the best television show. Ever. Maybe only up there with The Breaking Bad and The Soprano.

And by the way, keep an eye out for a guy named Omar ;) He's kind of a badass.
>>
File: IMG_5136.png (77KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5136.png
77KB, 500x300px
>>83806203
>>
>>83806203
The Wire is one of the best TV shows of all time. There's going to be people getting triggered here 'cause NIGGERS!!! But seriously , when was the last time any show had the guts to show the reality of our country without shoving any sort of agenda down our throat ?
>>
>>83806203
I know. And Elba is amazing especially considering he's Spanish.
>>
>>83806203
This copypasta sucks especially since that scene was in the third episode, not the first episode.
>>
>>83806250
I heard there was a really gritty and realistic character named Brother Mouzone. Is he a good as I've been hearing?
>>
>>83806517
>implying it matters what episode that asinine hamfisted scene was in.
>>
>>83806203
The first episode is also the only one where when the dead woman gets found and it does a little flashback effect to the day before. HBO made them do this because they thought people were too stupid to remember shit like that. The shows producers must have protested because they never did anything like that ever again.
t. evil nazi wire watching expert
>>
>>83806517
>>83806576
The fucking metaphor sucks because he rounds it off with "The King stay the King" but the big shot always gets usurped, Marlo usurps, Marlo goes, some other fag will fill his void.

Unless the King is meant to represent the Jew, and that all of them are pawns, and they just don't even realise that the Marlo is a pawn for the Jew; creating income for Jew lawyers, poisoning niggers with Jew drugs.

Was he really that woke? No. He didn't mention the Jew, he didn't even infer or imply or impute it. He was a dumb fucking nigger who thought the King stayed the King with Avon, but he was wrong, because he's wrong about a lot of things, because he's a faggot.
>>
>>83806669
>uses the term "woke"
>calls other people niggers
>>
>>83807265
>be a nigger
>focus on a red herring and ignore the thesis

this is why niggers dont graduate
>>
>>83806203
You think that's awesome. In the finale I realized that Marlo was talking about street corners! I always thought he meant he liked to do the set pieces too much because he insisted every corner is his.
>>
>>83807768
And your mom sucks cock because ?...
>>
>>83807844
because I still have a dad
>>
I honestly believe that this show is shit. Maybe it's one of those "you have to watch them when they aired" things. I watched the first season only though.
>>
>>83807844
And you came here from reddit because ?...
>>
For all the newfags.
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/So%20I%20just%20got%20done%20watching%20the%20first%20episode%20of%20The%20Wire/

Btw this is new version of a really old pasta
>>
>>83806203
I actually found the chess scene to be really interesting. You could really feel the absolute futility involved when trying to teach hood kids how to play chess.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.