[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK is this series problem? I watched two episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg (69KB, 382x288px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg
69KB, 382x288px
What the FUCK is this series problem?

I watched two episodes and cant tell if I should bother with more.

What do you think?
>>
>>83794029
if you like this scene. continue to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIlWsQ2FEk

its not spoilers btw.
>>
>>83794210
Dunno man, too fucking weird
>>
>>83794029
it's boring by today's standards. the new version has kept me mildly interested.
>>
File: oO09gDhus74OOhi.jpg (644KB, 1335x1067px) Image search: [Google]
oO09gDhus74OOhi.jpg
644KB, 1335x1067px
>>83794029
needs more garmonbozia
>>
Shill more, nigger.
>>
>>83794029
Is this your first experience with David Lynch, OP?
>>
>>83794029
I was there too when I started it three weeks ago. Yeah you have to power through to the end of the third episode, then it turns into a crazy, lovable experience.
>>
Live-action harem anime kino
>>
I really don't care. Do whatever you want.
>>
You got Twin Peaksed
>>
>>83794029
Don't you want to know who did it?
>>
>>83794029
i want to fuck that abbie female while she climaxes she lets out that guttural growl.
>>
>>83798525
IIs that really the appeal? Diidn't giive a shit about the plot desu, just wanted it to get weird and it only got weiird a few times in S1. This season is what I expected iit to be.
>>
The first arc and FWWM are pure kino, the new series is a dull piece of shit that neither resembles the classic show nor it's good in its own way so don't even bother with it.
>>
one of the most overrated pieces of art ever made. The characters aren't as deep or good as people say they are, the soap opera shit is unwatchable, it's filled with padding, the dream sequences feel awkward, most of the music is cheesy as hell.

The episode where they reveal who killed Laura Palmer sticks with me though.
>>
File: deadlyprem-york-1.jpg (18KB, 333x283px) Image search: [Google]
deadlyprem-york-1.jpg
18KB, 333x283px
Im lost
>>
>>83795232
Where did you get that image, never seen that one before
>>
The first episode is really boring, so don't judge it on that.
By the third you'll know if you like it or not.
>>
just watch the new season.
>>
You might be to young, try attack on titan or got
>>
>>83794029

It's a meme show. "Look, this woman has a pet log! SO QUIRKY!"
>>
>>83798607
> the music is cheesy
No, every bit of soundtrack you hear in Twin Peaks is perfect. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>83800803
Today it would have been, 26 years ago the quirky randomness-meme wasn't a thing to the same degree.
>>
>>83794210
Pretty much summarizes it. Pseudo intelectual fedora tipping garbage. Non-sense and shock! So deep!

Read 200 years together, it will do you better.
>>
>>83798607
It's just masturbation material for degenerate lefties.
>i'm such a conoisseur, i watch twin peaks
Please, remove yourself.
>>
File: 1496081653829.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496081653829.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>83794029
>>
>>83801205
>>83801262
We didnt even need to go too far!
>You dont think like this nonsense garbage?
>You dont like le quirky lynch(him)?
>eh, try to think bro
*tips fedora*
>>
>>83794029
I think it sucks too and I made it through the pilot and 4 episodes. It's basically a soap opera, like As the World turns. Or any other soap opera at the turn of the 80s/90s. I can't stress this enough, it's a soap opera that gets more credit than it deserves because it's an early David Lynch project.

Production quality is abysmal, it's incredibly stupid (sure, lets have the whole police force try to catch a murderer by having Cooper figure out the meaning of his dreams and throw rocks at bottles).

The only thing that was *slightly* interesting were the dream sequences.

No, it's garbage.

The only reason it stood out was the early 90s had an incredible lack of dark tv for adults. This was long before X-files or anything even remotely like that.

I think it's shit, perhaps it gets better, but after wasting about 5 hrs of my life on the pilot and 4 episodes, I'm done.

I generally like Lynch projects, even the bad ones, but this is sub-par in every way. I suspect the honest truth is that Lynch is probably ashamed of it, but when you're a new director you take whatever projects you can get.
>>
The main story is fucking great, but the pacing is kind of shit with a lot of bullshit filler.
>>
>>83801516
>it's a soap opera that gets more credit than it deserves because it's an early David Lynch project.
David Lynch was making shit since the 70s, it wasn't early.
>>
File: 1496790913676.jpg (205KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
1496790913676.jpg
205KB, 758x426px
>>83801205
>Everything I don't like or understand is nonsense! Wahhh
>>
Press 'L' to lynch.
>>
>>83798607
>>
>>83799850
Wtf, the first episode is one of the best in the series!
>>
File: PLAIN_192LP.jpg (87KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
PLAIN_192LP.jpg
87KB, 960x686px
>>83798607
>most of the music is cheesy as hell
fuck you
>>
>>83801262
>>83801735
>>83801375
ahahahahahahahahah, like a script
>>
File: kek.png (150KB, 310x243px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
150KB, 310x243px
>like twinpeaks or you have been le lynched
>>
>>83794029
The first episode is good though. An interesting murder mystery, an introspective look at a rural town in the US still hitched on a culture from the 70's and 80's where everyone has their own skeletons in the closet, an eccentric agent who appreciates odd things others would overlook and who finds himself curious of the mystical and mysterious. It's a nice recipe for an interesting and unique story.

Goes to shit quickly though, becomes very side tracked and slow moving with a lot of the humorous scenes being hit or miss. Basically, whatever Lynch directs or has more influence on is the good stuff, while the miscellaneous directors they bring on board for minor episodes are much less creative. All in all the movie is much better than the TV show although at that point it just reveals the killer.
>>
File: untitled1.jpg (23KB, 462x327px) Image search: [Google]
untitled1.jpg
23KB, 462x327px
>itt triggered virgin plebtards
>waah i donut understand so its garbage
>i can only shit on things, the generation

not everything is for you children
but the shitty polluted war torn hellscape of tomorrow is all yours
>>
I miss the old Coop ,
when is he going to get better?
>>
>>83801516
On the contrary he's very proud of the world of Twin Peaks and the episodes he directed, especially the pilot.
>>
>>83804840

He isn't
>>
>>83794210
It made me laugh.
Is it a good sign?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.