[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? In the 80s, 90s and mid 00s they were comedy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (49KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
49KB, 300x300px
What went wrong?

In the 80s, 90s and mid 00s they were comedy kings. Now they have nothing.
>>
>>83790978
They have absolutely no comedy vision anymore. They cancel powerless and good news, but keep renewing carmichael show. And they straight up passed on kimmy schmidt.
>>
>>83791076
It's for the best, Tina Fey is to good for them anyway.
>>
liberals took over
>>
Drumpf happened
>>
Difficult to say. I'd say the overall problem is that they take the least amount of risks as a network, which leads to not attracting talent.

Rather than trying to go for the freshness and edge of their first big hits in the 80s and early 90s, they just try to mimic Seinfeld and Friends, which on paper are *exceedingly* safe shows -- except their casts and crews are hugely talented.

A network that is mostly Dick Wolf's Chicago shows and The Voice will always have trouble attracting both interest and talent. Further, NBC suffers from the same fate as most other broadcast networks (CW excluded), which is that people only watch one or two shows from them. Thus, doing things like moving shows around the schedule almost always has a negative impact on ratings.

But yeah, in a word, they need to show talented writers/producers that they're willing to take risks and give them chances despite not-great ratings.
>>
Network TV is dying a slow death
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.