[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enterprise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I just watched two episodes of Enterprise in a row that pretty much seem like repeats of Episodes from other series. Just watched Vanishing Point which seemed like a repeat of "The Next Phase" from TNG, and Precious Cargo seems like a repeat of Elaan of Troyius mixed with Friday's Child, both from TOS.

Does the series get better?
>>
>>83783845
the last season is pre good starting with the nazi's and then the romulans. Shame it got canceled right when they were about to do the romulan war in the next season.
>>
>>83783845
>Does the series get better?
Yeah, besides maybe DS9, ENT has the best overall story arcs in the Trek series. The Temporal Cold War arc was a bit mediocre but the later arcs were good, and it had some alright character arcs; probably Tucker and T'Pol are the most fleshed out, but the atmopshere of the series as a whole was good, going from bumbling newbies in the galaxy to being a hardended and resourceful crew.

The first season does have a lot of straight re-does, but you could argue that is Star Trek tradition, as TNG rehashed several TOS stories, and DS9 and VOY rehashed a bunch too. It's a method to maintain familiarity and consistancy with the series, for better or worse, and I thought it was alright in ENT. The main nitpick I had was the Ferengi showing up, oh and the Borg arc was pretty shitty (but I also disliked ST: First Contact).

>>83783906
Yeah, especially how Shran (Jeffery Combs) was supposed to be a main cast member in the next season, he was great.
>>
>>83783845

Season 1 and 2 are like that. You can just skip to the season finale of season 2, as it sets up the main plot of season 3. Since season 3 is focused on one main plot, it's not gonna just be repeats of old episodes at that point.
>>
>>83783845

No. The only good episodes were the two mirror universe ones. It's bad writing when main characters only seem alive when you turn them into evil parodies of themselves.
>>
Season 3 and 4 are pretty big improvements
>>
>>83785694
Heh, this one is a redo of Darmok from TNG.
>>
>>83786744
oh man lol
>>
File: film.org.pl_moj-wlasny-wrog-1.jpg (128KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
film.org.pl_moj-wlasny-wrog-1.jpg
128KB, 1366x768px
>>83786744
Star Trek has probably 5 entire episodes that are all terrible retreads of Enemy Mine. None of them are as good as what they are stealing from. But thats okay.
>>
>>83787391
Insinuating anything could be better than Enemy Mine when telling the same story.
>>
>>83783845
>Does the series get better?
The episode Oasis is a repeat of DS9's Shadowplay.
The episode Doctor's Orders is a repeat of Voyager's One.

Really makes me think.
>>
>>83787391
holy crap never realised this connection
>>
>>83787681
In Darmok's case (which is star trek's best attempt at copying Enemy Mine) they even went for a similar alien design. Its strange, Star Trek was a trendsetter in so many regards and didn't copy too much from other mediums, DS9 not withstanding. Something about Enemy Mine must have either captivated them in how awesome it was or rustled their jimmies to no end being at telling the same message but better and with more impact.
>>
>>83787810
everyone loves a good cucking plot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.