[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this made It Comes at Night look like shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: getout.jpg (160KB, 631x1000px) Image search: [Google]
getout.jpg
160KB, 631x1000px
this made It Comes at Night look like shit.
>>
>>83782682
>every line is heavily crafted for a particular read that is inescapable on a second etcetera viewing
>mublecore apocalypse movie with ambiguity no matter how many times you see it
>comparable

Ok
>>
It Comes At Night > The Witch >>>>>>>>>>> Get Out
>>
>>83783187
It Comes At Night=The VVitch; Get Out

The A24 ones are their own beasts. ICAN is slightly more derivative than TVV, and Get Out is its own decent movie. All are good horror movies from the last two years covering different sub-genres. So I don't even think it's productive to compare the three.
>>
I think get out could of been a great movie if the script got a rewrite and all the race innuendo was done more subtly

Instead of shit like black mold
>>
>>83782682
and Split made it look like shit. Both movies are about an event that consumes just a few days of the characters lives and they come out of it more or less the same, but Split had me scared and thrilled more. Get Out was interesting but not really "scary". Both also had Supernatural elements in play but Split scared me more because I didnt know if that was the direction they were taking it or not (didnt watch the trailers for either, all modern horror trailers suck). Also Split had good cinematography and girls.
>>
>>83783811
>all modern horror trailers suck

True that. They just cut out any tension that might exist in the true scene, and hard cut it for just the jump scare. Then, when you're watching the movie, you know about the jump scare, thus killing the slow build up
>>
File: IMG_0544.gif (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.gif
204KB, 500x375px
>>83783811
IDK about "Split" being shitty, but "Get Out" = "Witch" > "Split" are more seeming like.
>>
>>83783348
>>83783187
Lol no. the vvitch was trash, It comes at night is leagues above that but probably still a 7/10 imo.
>>
>>83784777
Shit taste, friendo. Why was The VVitch sub-ICAN?
>>
File: genetics.jpg (41KB, 800x479px) Image search: [Google]
genetics.jpg
41KB, 800x479px
>>83784777
>the vvitch was trash
>ican was good
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>83785218
are you going to drink that ranch? Literally this is what food stamps breed. No one should be allowed to be this fat.
>>
>>83782682
>It Comes at Night
I want to see this but can't find it
>>
>>83782682
>It Comes at Night
Why do audiences hate this movie and the critics love it?
>>
>>83787603
Because it was a very, VERY slow drama that was advertised as a horror movie.

People expected The Conjuring and got a poor man's the Witch.
>>
Everyone I know who saw this movie said it was really freaky and the racist angle felt very tacked-on, like weird virtue-signaling.

True?
>>
>>83788606
Nah, I'm usually the first to get annoyed by SJW shit and it never felt preachy to me. One of the best movies I've seen in ages.
>>
The Witch > It Comes at Night

I liked ICAN for most of the movie but felt the ending was too sudden and could have been done better. Also what was up with the letterboxing? Every other time it's letterboxed it's like a dream but then the whole ending is letterboxed so I think I'm missing something there.

Also the people who make these movies (or whoever is in charge of it) needs to stop making fake out trailers. The Witch wasn't as bad with it but I still think the trailers weren't really honest about what the movie was. And It Comes At Night was really shady with its trailer compared to what the movie was.

>>83787879
I didn't even expect a horror movie because before I watched it I knew it was going to be another bait and switch not-horror movie. And I still liked it but it's one of the few movies I felt seemed like it ended prematurely, and I know other people that feel this way about stuff like the Witch but I liked its ending.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.