[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mummy was pretty shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: mummy-2017-movie-cast.jpg (55KB, 786x393px) Image search: [Google]
mummy-2017-movie-cast.jpg
55KB, 786x393px
What a generic action movie. Apart from a few mildly entertaining action scenes, and Russell Crowe, this movie had little going for it.

Tom Cruise did not belong in this, his annoying side-kick friend was not needed, the love story was underdeveloped, there wasn't enough mummy stuff, etc…

Easily worse than the Brendan ones and the original film.

Fuck this "Dark Universe"
>>
>>83781981
>Fuck this "Dark Universe"

So they called it "dark universe" but they retooled their horror monsters into pg13 action adventure flicks for kids. I guess if they called it "the desperate to cash in on capeshit universe" it would have been too honest.
>>
>>83782147
Im not saying it has to be a hard-R horror film, because I think the '99 action-adventure Mummy film was pretty great, but they could have at least tried not to make this dull, forgettable, and generic on every level.
>>
>>83782214
>the '99 action-adventure Mummy film was pretty great
These were a more fantastic Indiana Jones tho.
>>
>>83781981
Nah, go fuck yourself. It was a fun adventure fantasy. Everything in the movie was serviced towards being FUN. Pull your head out of your ass for once.

This movie does bad, but shit like Wonder Woman does amazingly well. Shows you the state of things.
>>
>>83783123
There was nothing fun about this movie. The Mummy '99 was a fun adventure fantasy.

This was a generic Tom Cruise action flick with the mummy in it
>>
File: 1793476793875.gif (3MB, 479x280px) Image search: [Google]
1793476793875.gif
3MB, 479x280px
>>83783520
I had fun with it. A few scenes made me laugh, Sofia Boutella is hot, and while they got the god Set's title wrong, I enjoyed all the elements with the curse and undead.

>generic

This is the problem. Too many people have their heads up their asses over this borderline neurotic "it has to be 100% original and innovative" need and forget what fun is all about. They don't enjoy things for what they are, they enjoy the idea that watching and liking this thing will make them appear smart and above the grain. And all the criticism about it being incomprehensible is retarded as fuck.
>>
They shouldn't have made it into an action superhero movie
Look at the original movie and it was good without needing to be R-Rated.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.