[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Woody Allen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1375930702_Allen.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1375930702_Allen.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
Holy shit this guy is incredible. I've watched Annie Hall, Hannah and Her Sisters, Manhattan, and Deconstructing Harry and all four have really impressed me. Really saddening that his personal life kinda overshadowed a lot of his more recent work because his writing and directing are incredible.
>>
>being a pedophile
>>
His personal life didn't overshadow it, his sad decision to put his dick in crazy for a decade overshadowed it. Mia Farrow's story makes not a lick of sense, was thrown out of court, and has only been revived in recent years for disingenuous reasons.
>>
>>83774529
He made lot's of films. About half a dozen a great films. Many others are horrible.
He is a witty person, gave some interesting and funny interviews.
I don't know anything about his personal life and I really don't give a shit. People who are interested in other people's private affairs are boring insecure subhuman trash.
>>
>>83774529
his insistence on making the same movie over and over again is what killed his career
>>
I've seen Love and Death, The Purple Rose of Cairo, and Midnight in Paris.

What should I watch next?
>>
>>83774896
Manhattan
>>83774882
to me his style and themes (and specifically the way he explores those themes) have always been pretty defining and unique. He really is incredible at making a romantic comedy that explores the way people live their lives while being witty and refusing to be condescending or sappy. When you're that good at making that genre, why divert?
>>
His best work (and must see films) include:
Hannah and her Sisters
Manhattan
Radio Days
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Annie Hall
Alice
Manhattan Murder Mystery
Love and Death
Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask
Broadway Danny Rose
and a handful of others. He's a great writer and director.
>>
>>83775032
I heard he didn't like Manhattan though.
>>
>Woody Allen thread
>never any love for Sleeper
>>
http://www.newstatesman.com/world/2017/05/how-woody-allens-manhattan-became-donald-trumps-new-york
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.