[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the appeal of Tom Green?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: feature-1.jpg (280KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
feature-1.jpg
280KB, 500x618px
What was the appeal of Tom Green?
>>
ultimate frat guy dudebro humor
>>
He got easily annoyed by trolling.
>>
>>83767670
He was in a very influential Canadian rap group.
>>
Same appeal as Tim and Eric and all the other adult swim stuff
>>
>>83767670
he was the original king of cringe humor. the man sat on a sidewalk and drank gallons grape juice while pissing it out through a catheter into an equal sized container. all while interviewing passerbys. if it wasn't for his big startup through mtv, he probably would never be known.
>>
Candid camera humor updated for the gen-x nihilist zeitgeist. Same with jackass. The humor isn't just "lol people getting hit in the balls", it's also the irony of how low-brow that is.
>>
>>83767800
you know jackass copied his show right? it was right after his show was cancelled by Mtv when they put jackass together
>>
>>83768585
jackass started from the cky tapes dude. they kinda were about the same time period though. the first cky release and the tom green show were both in 99.
>>
we cant have people complaining that there's no cheese in the cheese sandwiches now can we?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSAWRdvVCgc [Embed]
>>
>>83767670
I asked myself that same question while he was popular
>>
>>83768747
and dudesons were before both (though obviously unknown in america even if shown on an obscure finnish cable network)
>>
That he got to make a million dollar movie is pretty amazing. His only watchable work is that, though.
>>
DADDY WOULD YOU LIKE SOME SAUSAGE
>>
>>83768585
What? How is Jackass like The Tom Green Show? He never did stunts at all, and Jackass was all about hurting themselves
>>
>>83767670
He was funny.

/thread
>>
>>83769119
there's a sketch where he pretends to be handicapped, they copied that
>>
Eric Andre for millennials
>>
>>83767800
>Candid camera humor updated for the gen-x nihilist zeitgeist.

This. I only found him funny when he was out fucking with people irl. Then, Jackass ran with the formula, added crazy/funny/gross stunts into the mix, and Green was rendered obsolete. His mainstream career had a shelf life of like two years.
>>
He was hilarious

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ykk8ul0aKg
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.