[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on "American Gods"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

Thoughts on "American Gods"?
>>
>>83766230
It's good. Can be slow at times, but the visuals, music and story are all good.
>>
>>83766255
Is it worth watching tho? I enjoyed books but I'm afraid it will be just like "Magicians" - shitty at least.
>>
>>83766255
/thread
>>
I like Mad Sweeney and dead wife's coin adventures
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x366px
post yfw you realized dead wife was going to be on ongoing character
>>
File: IMG_5131.jpg (148KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5131.jpg
148KB, 620x374px
>>83766230
Is good?
Is good.
>>
Dead wife is annoying, and the """""political satire""""" makes me cringe. It's not a bad show, but there are a lot of better shows you could be watching. I think I'm going to drop it.
>>
>>83766230
It's a bit political for most of /tv/'s tastes but I've found it entertaining so far.
>>
>>83766807
>>83766914
When will these writers get it that reoccurring ghost scenes tend to ruin a show and it's ratings?

Fuck.
>>
I'm a total pleb and really prefer to watch gory violent shows. Is this violent at all?

Compare it to Banshee if you must.
>>
so is vulkan dead or does he just have to remanifest or something?
>>
>>83766997
There's lots of blood, but it's not the kind of gore that makes you cringe or look away.
>>
>>83766997
quite.
>>
>>83766230
It's good, the actors are good, good visuals, the story is really compelling. I don't you if you've read the book but I haven't and the show is making me want to read it.
The concept is really great, ancient mythology gods reinterpretated in a Postmodern-Americana style
>>
They're fucking around with the source material to make it relevant, the lead guy lacks presence and they've shoehorned in a muslim for the SJWs. God of guns? Fuck off

Ian McShane is nearly always Kino but he's getting irritating.

Stormare and Sweeney are holding it up.

It's ok but if you're a fan of the book it feels wrong
>>
>>83766914

Same
>>
>>83767034
>the lead guy lacks presence

guy lacks anything.
he looks and acts like an extra
>>
>>83766997
no. dont watch it. the main character looks like a bruiser but all he does is act like a crying pussy. it's more like hannibal season 3
>>
>>83766997
It's pretty violent, but it doesn't look real at all. It's pretty stylized. The blood looks like water with red dye.
>>
>>83766288
>"Magicians" - shitty at least.
Magicians was great though - at least for season 1.
>>
>>83766230
It's alright, but last episode sucked hard.
>>
>>83766230
The arab dude who met the ifrit was in the book.
>>
Every scene is surreal, so there are no stakes at any time. Everything is stylised to the point of meaninglessness. They randomly shoot in slomo for no reason whatsoever, it's nonsense like watching a film school student trying to be deep and edgy. Scully is still banging though.
>>
>>83766914
/pol/ gets triggered: the post.
>>
Watched the first episode. The stylized slow-motion shots and gratuitous gore and nudity were just too much for me, and I'm not usually puritanical about my television. This shit is just insane though, I barely remember what happened outside of the blood and gore.
>>
File: 1447530479297.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447530479297.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
>>83767747
>>
>>83766230
>Thoughts on "American Gods"?
since the morning.. but it seems i wont see the new episode before the night shift, only tomorrow
>>
GUNS ARE EVIL
FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT
(WHITE) PATRIOTS ARE NAZIS
WATCH OUT GROMPF *bashes fash*
>>
>>83767126
It was too detached from books for me to swallow. It was alright if you would treat it like original work and not an adaptation
>>
>>83766526
this. sad fagmohamed has accompaned them. would bear if his story was only that fagenda
>>
Well meaning but lacks finesse.

Meandering and self-indulgent directing, with some strong scenes peppered. Carried out by some strong performances.

That being said, I wouldn't bash the lead actor too much. As a character, Shadow is pretty much defined by a certain lack of substance in the book, and changes made in the script trying to help with that made things even worse.
>>
>>83766807
realised that it was just the standard female character that is shoe horned into every show and ends up ruining it
>>
File: rape.png (544KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rape.png
544KB, 1280x720px
>>83766807
>>
I don't get why the rejection of Laura by some happens to be so strong.

She's not a nice person, but no worse than a lot of those characters she coexists with, and there's something interesting in her if they manage to build on it.
>>
>>83768065
It's because Emily Browning plays her as smug and snarky, which seems really wrong. I know what kind of character she's going for, but I think the directors should have asked her to be more sincere. This kind of character would work for the main protagonist of a show, but not a supporting one. She pops out of her grave, and she gets right back to wisecracking. It's annoying, I don't want to see this smug bitch crack jokes, she should be filled with guilt and shame.
>>
>>83766230
It just feels like they are trying too hard to make each scene "controversial" for some reason.
>>
>>83768138

The fact that she's not is what makes her interesting, I find. There's clearly an asocial or even sociopathic element to her. She refuses to play by anyone else's rules (see the Anubis scene).

If anything I'm more worried of how they'll treat what seem to be her story arc about reaching regret for her wasted life and make it too on the nose- see the "fuck those assholes " segment
>>
File: edge.jpg (51KB, 960x317px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
51KB, 960x317px
>>83768257
>(see the Anubis scene)
>telling death to go fuck himself

I hate dead wife so much.
>>
File: AGods105finger.webm (163KB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
AGods105finger.webm
163KB, 710x400px
>>83766963
>>83766807
>>83768056
>>83768004
i bet you faggots just would want more fagdjinn scenes

Laura&MadSweeny is the best part of this sjw shit fest.

she's a atheist cheating coalburner? which bitch isn't?
>>
>>83768257
She's about as interesting as a socially awkward 14-year-old girl's self-insert protagonist in her Harry Potter fanfic.
>>
>>83766230
Couple of good characters. I lost any interest at the Ep4 which was a really shitty filler.
>>
>>83766288
The Magicians is great. They fixed most of the stupid things from the books so far
>>
>>83767075
Which is the only thing they got right about the character. If he chimped out less and was better at being so chill he's invisible he would be book shadow.
>>
File: djinn.jpg (185KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
djinn.jpg
185KB, 970x545px
>>83767034
>shoehorned in a muslim for the SJWs.

I'm sure the Muslims really appreciated /theirguy/ being a homosexual whose shining moment so far was to be buttfucked by a Djinn.
>>
File: mr worlds entrance.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
mr worlds entrance.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Did anyone else notice the image stabilization shots of Mr World when he's talking to Shadow?
I don't think I've ever seen it used like that on TV before.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.