[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody seen this? What did you think? Is Tom Cruise at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1495462696013.jpg (61KB, 2050x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495462696013.jpg
61KB, 2050x1024px
Anybody seen this?
What did you think?
Is Tom Cruise at least good?
Does it at least have like an Uncharted (vidya)/Brendan Fraser adventure type of feel?'
What are your thoughts?
>>
bumperino
>>
>>83765937
I hear that Tom feels out of place. His character is boring and that he gets embarrassed a lot during the movie.
>>
Is the Mummy the reincarnation of Xenu?
>>
>>83765937
>Does it at least have like an Uncharted (vidya)/Brendan Fraser adventure type of feel?'
No
It's a good movie won't win any Oscars
>>
>>83765937
Russell Crowe And Cruise and the Mummy should have been the only ones. Russell should have sent Cruise in to "investigate" it all goes to shit and we have our movie. It had a bit too much going on and a lot of it felt forced. Cruise is Cruise, guy is good and Crowe is great too, just that it should have been those three. "The Brenden Frasier Mummy felt more authentic, is what i'm saying. This just feels like some type of made for tv something. It should have been a season on net flix or something instead of what we got.
>>
>>83765937
I don't give a shit what "critics" say about that movie. Tom Cruise is in it, I will see it.
>>
>>83765937
>Uncharted (vidya)/Brendan Fraser adventure
It is not intended to be... that.
>>
>>83765937
The film wasn't terrible but it won't have a cult following like the Fraser ones. Modern day simply feels too generic compared to a pulp setting. The lack of chemistry between Cruise and the blonde really stood out since Fraser and Weisz were phenomenal together.

Cruise himself was alright, he's a bit more like his Edge of Tomorrow guy rather than his standard action movie guys.

Felt a little like Uncharted at the start when he dodges ISIS bullets.

But as a universe builder it's alright, not as terrible a foundation as Man of Steel.

Cruise takes away Sofia's life but her body is just in storage so she can come back if they want
>>
>>83765937
Utter garbage. Awful characters, lame plot, no charisma or anything memorable. Watch the Fraser version instead.
>>
>>83765937
He looks 60+ years old. All that surgery is catching up to him.
>>
How obnoxious is the build-up to a cinematic universe?
I'm a little interested in this movie as a stand-alone movie but I don't want to sit through too much sequel building.
>>
Is the gook screener out for this one yet
>>
>>83769100
its nothing super obstructive to the movie but theres a lot of 'forced' shots and lines of things that are obvious references to other monsters/future movies
>>
>>83769100
Hardly at all. In fact, other then Crowe being Dr. Jekyll, there was only one very brief moment where they allude to the other monsters. It's a sort of stuff-your-face-full-of-popcorn-and-you-miss-it moment.
>>
Just got back from the Kino, it's an steaming pile of turd, don't waste any money on this.
>>
>>83772849
>t. anon expecting a Michael Bay version of the Mummy
>>
>>83765937
>Anybody seen this?
Yeah, unfortunately.

>What did you think?
It's the worst Mummy movie, and I say this in a universe where Mummy 3 exists. I hate hyperbole and this isn't hyperbole. It's that bad. As hokey as Mummy 3 was, at least it was fun.

>Is Tom Cruise at least good?
Not particularly.

>Does it at least have like an Uncharted (vidya)/Brendan Fraser adventure type of feel?'
Never played Uncharted. No, it doesn't have an adventure feel to it like the Brendan Fraser Mummy was.

>What are your thoughts?
The Mummy 2017 isn't a horror movie and it isn't an adventure movie. The Mummy 2017 is a superhero movie, and a bad one at that. Wonder Woman is a much better superhero movie. Go see it instead.

>>83769100
Ignore what those other anons say: they literally stop the movie and have a Not SCP group come in and save the heroes and capture the mummy so they can set up the fact that this is a universe where monsters are a thing and that they are going to do more movies about monsters. Hell, the thing opens with a Dark Universe logo slapped on it so that there's no confusion, they are going to do more of this shit.

Seriously, don't bother with this piece of shit. You will be disappointed. I was. I want my money and time back.
>>
>>83765937
>Does it at least have like an Uncharted (vidya)
back to /v/, kiddo
>>
>>83773078
I saw Mummy 3 too, and the second, and you ranking it below those two is a complete horseshit. Those two movies were completely asinine, the current mummy movie actually decided to try something new and not follow the same formula as the last umpteenth mummy movies.
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you and other anons only hate the movie because it's trying to create it's own formula instead of rehashing the same old shit.
>>
>>83773389
They tried something new and it failed. Too bad try again.
>>
>>83773389
I stand by what I said: Mummy 2017 is worse than Mummy 2 and Mummy 3.

>it's own formula
You mean the capeshit formula. Yeah, they copied it from Marvel. Real innovative.

Seriously, fuck this movie and fuck you for defending it.
>>
>>83773453
>>83773532
>It's a anons hate a movie solely for copying Marvel formula when the Marvel formula is actually copied from Universal Studios 20's - 40's cinema formula
Really makes me scratch my noggin.
>>
>>83765937
>Tom Cruise plays Tom Cruise in the new Tom Cruise movie.
>>
>>83773590
>movie has no redeeming qualities
>"why don't people like this?"
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (84KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
84KB, 488x516px
>>83773726
>I don't like this movie because of contrived reasons
>>
>>83773841
>I pretend to like bad movies because I confuse being contrary with being smart
>>
>>83773841
I wanted to like it, honest. it's a "Can't Bruise the Cruise" flick. But it's not good. Damn shame.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.