[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I watched this for the first time in probably 10 years at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1473766820393-DONNIE_DARKO_04.jpg (672KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1473766820393-DONNIE_DARKO_04.jpg
672KB, 1500x1500px
So I watched this for the first time in probably 10 years at least and found it oddly charming.

I know this is one of those films like American Beauty and Pulp Fiction that acts in the sense that they're entry level, but I actually think it holds up quite well. Kelly's direction oozes style and has quite the unique voice.

So, what the fuck did I watch? And is the theatrical or director's cut superior?
>>
>>83764325
>what if you put in like, pictures of Satan or something?

It's a good movie. Not kino though.
>>
>>83764570
Yeah it had that "you're a butthead" kind of American humour, but I enjoyed it. Probably those nostalgia goggles though.
>>
>>83764325
Director's Cut is the one that you can kind of figure out what the fuck is actually going on without external research so I'd say that one.
>>
>>83764698
Doesn't it add a lot of superfluous scenes though? I watched the theatrical and couldn't piece together what happened. I understood the overall film but not the intricacies. I guess since I've seen the theatrical, I can watch the Director's
>>
>>83764698
>>83764325
the DC fucking sucks. The only good version is the original.
>>
so was donnie the rabbit?
>>
>>83765201
this the dc was a mistake
>>
i don't know how they couldn't come up with a way to drive the plot that didn't have the awful school bully characters burglarizing the old gal's home just to push the chick on the road as a major event of the universe
surely there are more elegant ways to get her killed, it's just so dumb
in fact the film is so simplistic on matters like these. half of shit just happens to be in the vicinity of a crazu secluded ladies house, and apparently all the rich upper class people who live in that town have to drive on that ONE mud road through the wilderness that also just happens to go right by the old ladies house
so the other major universe point of having two party goers coming back from buying beer to run over the chick also relies on the fact that there's only a shitty mud road to get to rich and lush 80's suburbia
>>
>>83764570
Donnie Darko is pure early 2000s kino
>>
Just saw it for the first time recently, it was good but not amazing, a bit too pretentious
>>
>>83764325
>entry level,

yes film is some niche artform that only a high level being like you could appreciate

how difficult it must be to traverse the world with your intellect
>>
>>83764735
Yeah, but it also adds literally necessary scenes. You literally can't understand what kelly thinks the movie is about without the director's cut. The theatrical cut is about something completely different.
>>
>>83766218
>tfw to inteligent too travel
>>
good sountrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwROlpX3X88
>>
>>83764325
Director's cut...and the sequel fucking blew big black cocks...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.