[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you grow out of cam rips /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 2.png (825KB, 1230x650px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
825KB, 1230x650px
When did you grow out of cam rips /tv/?
>>
>>83760987
when i got a job
>>
>>83760987
Can't watch real movies anymore. I prefer the dark and gritty fuckups that are camripped. It's an aesthetic now.
>>
>>83760987
srsly, can you name a single movie that is so good you can't wait a month or two to watch @ full quality? if there is one, I'll just pay the $7 ticket cost... but those movies are rare.

Also, having a job, life, etc. makes it easy to wait until the BluRay rip comes out.
>>
>>83760987
I was never a pleb

t. never a pleb anon
>>
>>83760987
When did you grow out being able to appreciate a movie only if it's in perfect quality directly from film?

If a movie is good, it's going to be good as a 240p camrip from the last row with kids walking in front of the screen every 5 minutes and some retard burping to the hour mark. If it isn't good, why bother watching it in a better quality?

>>83762042
Why wait though if you don't have to? Supporting the juice is even worse.
>>
>>83762042
I go to the cinema all the time seriously it's rarely over £10 and that's no money at all
>>
Camrips are a form of art, and the only way to watch capeshit.
>>
>>83762170
this kind of mentality is why people stay poor
>>
>>83760987
When they started releasing shit to Bluray a couple of months after it's been released in the cinema.
It's worth it just to be patient now since everything flies out within a couple of months.
>>
>>83762135
You are an idiot who is blind to actual photography. Kubrick would shit on you for saying this.
>>
>>83762512
>people who go to the movies all the time are poor
????
>>
>>83762135
>if a movie is good, it's going to be good as a 240p camrip
You honestly can't believe this.
>>
>>83763102
yes. Especially those with iPhone
>>
>>83760987
when I learned about .mkv which was about 07-08?
>>
>>83762135
>enjoying 240p cam-rip someone recorded with his potato phone
>knowing what makes a movie good and enjoyable/being a movie ethusiast

pick one.
>>
you mean when did you grow in to it

dont think anyone here started watching camrips at first
>>
2004 not even kidding

Watching camrips is one of the most plebbiest thing you can do
>>
>>83763070
There is much, much more to a good movie. Stanly himself said that editing/cutting is unique to film, not cinematography, and that something that won't be affected by shitty visual quality. Besides, you can always rewatch it in a better quality, nobody is suggesting to stick to camrips. Obviously better quality offers more enjoyment but a good movie stays good and a shitty one won't be much better with a better quality.

Hell, since you want to rely on authority so much...

>"A film is — or should be — more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings"
Tell me how this would be affected by a camrip? 98kbs Beethoven will be still Beethoven and shit on Justin Bieber in 320kbs. Same with a good movie in 240p compared to some capeshit in 4K 10bit.
>>
>>83760987
Not shitposting here, when I was like fucking ten years old. How an adult finds this shit acceptable is fucking beyond me. Even if its a piece of shit you're ruining it for yourself. Whats worse is people who watch camrips unironically try to criticize the film on /tv/
>>
>>83765049
This. If you say a movie is shit based off a cam rip you're a shit cunt
>>
Never. I find them strangely comfy to watch with big yellow subtitles. Also the effects look way better and more realistic than the ultra hd.
>>
I've only seen a camrip once when Cars just came out and I didn't even notice until someone walked in front of the screen.

I never had anyone walk in front of the screen in a real life theater. How does that even happen?
>>
File: 1486239004302.jpg (35KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
1486239004302.jpg
35KB, 600x886px
>>83762135
>>
>>83763462
Stanley himself went on to autistic lengths that the lightning for Barry Lyndon would be correct during screenings.
>>
>>83766148
No m8.

I've never watched a camrip. I think criticizing on the basis of them is perfectly fair, though. I would probably only watch the movie seen in the pic on a camrip, though, because it's so ideology D. O. D. G. Y. that the only way to redeem the act of watching it would be to figuratively wipe one's arse on the filmmakers' efforts. I'd probably watch it at 1.5x speed too.

However, as I'm not a fan of straight-faced Nazi mysticism, it's academic.
>>
>>83763462
>Stanly himself

Stanley is mispelled but Justin Bieber is spelled correctly. This is what's wrong with fan discourse in a nutshell.
>>
>>83760987
Never grew into them, I guess I just had taste from the very start. If 1080p wasn't available, I'd wait.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.